AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character in Claymore?
Clare 115 19.83%
Raki 12 2.07%
Teresa 247 42.59%
Irene 30 5.17%
Sophia 4 0.69%
Noel 1 0.17%
Priscilla 12 2.07%
Miria 67 11.55%
Helen 22 3.79%
Deneve 6 1.03%
Galatea 60 10.34%
Rubel 4 0.69%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-08, 23:05   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Favorite Character in Claymore

Vote for your favourite character in Claymore. You have only 1 vote. Use it wisely since once it has been cast, you cannot come back to change it. The poll is public, so votes will be visible to everyone.

There will be more characters appearing as the series progresses, but these are the only characters who have appeared by episode 10 of the anime. If another character appears in a future episode whom you prefer, then you should just vote for your favorite of these characters. Eventually there will be a second favorite character poll which will include every character in the series. I'd also ask you to be nice if there is a character you don't like *cough*Raki*cough*Priscilla*cough* because someone may like them. If you don't like someone, just vote for another.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    This means to avoid posting things such as "Vote for..." or "Do not vote for..." since they will be deleted. Please discuss why you do or don't like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember that this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member merely because they expressed a fondness for a character whom you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing other people won't be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    The whole point is to have fun, but please try your best to add substance with what you post to make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you're long gone and moved on to watch some other series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:19   Link #2
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Can't beat Teresa of the Faint Smile. Power, beauty, and grace.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:21   Link #3
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Theresa does seem to be the whole package.

I would also like to thank Pellissier for providing the images that illustrate this poll. I think it makes things a lot nicer than just a name.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:29   Link #4
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Very nice touch on the visual aids. But this makes it all the harder for me...so very hard...Irene-dono...the elf ears and that ultra-cool fascade - kakkoii. Noel-chan...I don't even know why I like her so much but she seems so squeezable. Miria...*sigh* Then there's Helen and Deneve...;_;

...*finally picks one* MIRIA! *huffs* ...

Should also make a 'Claymore who needs a hug the most' list too. A gag list of course... "Le Crazed One' should be numero uno on that one. XD
Old 2007-06-09, 00:03   Link #5
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

irene rocks,flash sword is my favourite ever since i watch bleach. * BLINK* u're dead
Old 2007-06-09, 00:14   Link #6
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Irene. Calm composure (not simply tight-lipped), maturity and wisdom. She possesses an honest self-assessment of her own strengths. I've never seen her make needlessly stupid tactical decisions and she's also a better leader than most. What's not to like? She also pulls an excellent "badass Sensei" act.

Her patented SPESHUL technique also pretty well represents her character. Let one arm go berserk with a full-blast of Yoma power without ever losing an ounce of control or stamina. That's pretty hardcore. I think it is fitting that her power actually is a result of her Zen-like demeanor.
---
Ophelia (who we will be seeing pretty soon) runs a good second for me for being so ardently bloodthirsty and playful at the same time. Her passion runs in the same good traditions as characters like Kefka or any mad-scientist character you've seen in anime. They all possess a child-like glee and passion for one thing, and one thing only, to the exclusion of such things as the consideration of the value of human life. You've gotta envy them for being able to make fun for themselves when they're bored...such as tampering with the natural order of the universe or simply inventing arbitrarily cruel punishment games.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-06-09 at 00:36.
Old 2007-06-09, 00:33   Link #7
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

I voted Teresa.

Because I really liked how she is presented. A strong but lonesome warrior feared and respected by her peers. Who slays yoma with no release of power while wearing an enigmatic smile.

Due to the love she shares with a small human girl (Chibi Clare) she regains her humanity. But in the end this love is the cause of her downfall.

It was hard to decide since I like Clare and Galetea also
Old 2007-06-09, 01:17   Link #8
rei_lied

I'm torn between Teresa, Galatea and Miria. I like Miria because she has the brains while Galatea has the beauty. And they are both powerful. But I guess my vote goes for Teresa. Beaty, brains and power all in one.
Old 2007-06-09, 01:20   Link #9
Mentar
Banned

It's understandable to do the poll now, but my REAL favorite character will take 3-4 more episodes to show up

Spoiler:

Maybe you can make a second popularity poll after ep20!
Old 2007-06-09, 01:48   Link #10
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Even though I do like Riful a lot (and I really do hear Yukana when imagining her speak), I have a fondness for characters who are plot devices of a righteous constitution, especially those who are primary catalysts to the development of a main character. And here, they made her the most gorgeous and elegant of all Claymores. So this vote goes to the beloved Teresa.

I'll also pre-empt the idea that Clare is actually the one who affected Teresa towards her change. This is true, but within the context of the larger plot, Teresa is why our protagonist, Clare, is driven to suffer the fate of all Claymores.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-09 at 02:17. Reason: spoiler
Old 2007-06-09, 02:17   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

As stated in my first post there will eventually be another popularity contest. In the meantime, please don't discuss characters who haven't appeared in the anime. They really don't belong in this thread.

Old 2007-06-09, 03:36   Link #12
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
As stated in my first post there will eventually be another popularity contest.
Hmm, I wonder how long it'd take before the favorite awakened poll pops up?

Anyway, I was torn between Teresa, Irene, Miria, and Galatea but I eventually settled for Teresa for her skills, compassion, and bravery. Besides, I don't think we'll see another "regular" claymore take on #2 - #5 single-handedly.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-06-09, 03:45   Link #13
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I've replaced the poll pics of Noel, Sophia, Miria and Deneve with hopefully better ones (though I still hope to find something better for Deneve in episode 11).

As for the poll, I like Clare a lot but I voted Teresa.
I think that her class, elegance, carriage and manners were the real incomparable things, along with her yoki sensing power and that gently soothing smile.
Old 2007-06-09, 04:09   Link #14
killer3000ad

GAH ! I am the only one who voted Galatea? Oh well, when she starts showing her stuff later in the series i expect her popularity to get a huge jump.
Old 2007-06-09, 04:35   Link #15
HinaThePrince

My love for Clare, Deneve, Helen, Irene, manga!Raki and pretty much everyone else is endless, but... Teresa was one of the earliest characters, and she's is a kickass sadistic bitch with a heart of marshmallow. So if I had to choose one, that'd be her.

I feel kind of sorry for Raki, though.
Old 2007-06-09, 05:01   Link #16
chrry370

Teresa all the way although i do like Clare and Miria...

All in one package, yep Teresa still no 1 in my books!
Old 2007-06-09, 05:08   Link #17
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

At this point in time (episode 10) I'd have to say Clare. Though Teresa was very close. I like Clare a little more. Especially in episode 10 where she surprised everybody with her 'power' -- I knew she had it in her. =p
Old 2007-06-09, 05:42   Link #18
SimplyEd
Claytard

I voted for Clare, plain and simple.

I was torn on Teresa,Clare and Miria..this was by no means an easy decision.

In the end i'm confident that with supporting Clare, i also express my honour for Teresas legacy. As for Miria... i love her lots too^^
Old 2007-06-09, 06:17   Link #19
seiftis
~defying fate

Finally, a poll!

My vote is only for Miria - even in manga or anime, love her overall personality, and intel <33
Old 2007-06-09, 08:05   Link #20
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Can't beat Teresa of the Faint Smile. Power, beauty, and grace.
Not to mention she puts out

Are these all the characters we will see during it's run?