AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 19:06   Link #121
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Hmm ...the quality looks so-so. Definitely not as good as the Selvaria ones, but we would have to see the price first. You get what you paid I guess.

What's this development art book you are talking about? Can you give a bit more information?

never I saw the previous post..ahh..now I am very interested..but it's probably going to be very expansive to get here.

Thanks
The art book is a 400 page book that shows all of the concept art and illustrations that were done by the development team for Valkyria Chronicles. It theoretically should have concept art for all of the Squad characters and a ton of other things that were seen in the game. It will cost about 60 bucks to import.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 20:22   Link #122
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

I set up a few 'mailboxes' in Japan via dankedanke and tenso, that way i can get items they normally won't ship outside of japan. not that its illegal, they just don't -.-. so no inflated prices from importers, buy at normal price shippings still expensive, but cheaper than whats offered at amazon.co.jp for example, since you can opt for seamail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
The art book is a 400 page book that shows all of the concept art and illustrations that were done by the development team for Valkyria Chronicles. It theoretically should have concept art for all of the Squad characters and a ton of other things that were seen in the game. It will cost about 60 bucks to import.
btw is that an artbook for the anime or the game? 3990 jpy is about how much it costs me to ship 1.5 kg worth of stuff. 400 pages and a "large-size book" sounds like a bargain to me

who are you importing/buying from

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-01-14 at 21:09.
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 21:53   Link #123
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
400pages? that's pretty think although the price was quite high too. 60 buck would it includes the shipping too?
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 04:34   Link #124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Seriously!?
http://www.animenation.net/blog/2010...iler-released/
Old 2010-01-14, 05:25   Link #125
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Bathhouse Special FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Hmm ...the quality looks so-so. Definitely not as good as the Selvaria ones, but we would have to see the price first.
The price is the standard 1500yen, 1/10th of the Selveria figurine
Old 2010-01-14, 07:13   Link #126
Runty

What's with the bit where everyone's wearing pig ears? Is that a preview for the seventh one?

Anyhow, keep an eye out for the actual sixth one.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 08:20   Link #127
Revan21

Valkyria Chronicles TV Animation Fan Book

Release Date: 2010/01/26
Price: 2600yen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
What's with the bit where everyone's wearing pig ears? Is that a preview for the seventh one?
I think so. The official site says something about assigning a new commander to 7th Platoon
Old 2010-01-14, 08:28   Link #128
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I think so. The official site says something about assigning a new commander to 7th Platoon
How can a Private Third Class command a platoon...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 09:06   Link #129
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
How can a Private Third Class command a platoon...
Hans must be well connected
Old 2010-01-14, 15:40   Link #130
cloner4000

It's Emergency Food supply!!!!!!

Good call on the Art book, then we can be sure the other thinker artbook is probably related to games concept art mostly since it'll impossible to have that much material for anime itself.
Old 2010-01-15, 00:31   Link #131
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Just to be sure I am not mistaken: are we talking of 2 artbooks coming out here? I read one about a 400-page artbook (I really want this one) and one for the anime series (then smaller).
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 00:36   Link #132
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Just to be sure I am not mistaken: are we talking of 2 artbooks coming out here? I read one about a 400-page artbook (I really want this one) and one for the anime series (then smaller).
This seems to be the case. It looks like they have two art books - one with the development pictures from the game (400 pages) and a shorter one from the anime. I couldn't care less about the anime one, but the game book sounds great, and I'd be excited to pick it up.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 07:04   Link #133
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

If they have one for the anime, idk what they're going to put in it. Regardless, i really want this one too

Were are you ordering from again DC20?
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 07:20   Link #134
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
If they have one for the anime, idk what they're going to put in it. Regardless, i really want this one too
A few artworks, character sheets, and interviews with the cast
Old 2010-01-15, 13:31   Link #135
cloner4000

I think one good place to order is at the Kinokuniya Book Store. They have stores in quite a few countries like US and Austrilia, Malaysia.. anyway..you can order book either in their physical store or through internet and they don't charge for the shipping cost from Japan to US..if you pick it up from the store it's free shipping, otherwise they ship to other places in US with pretty responsible cost. And if you order is $100 or above it's free shipping.

As with the price I think they charge around 30-35% of the original Japanese price. I bought a Artbook from them last year for around 43.40 and the original tagged price is 2800 but back then the exchanged rate was worse than now.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/gues...%83%41&AREA=02

It has most of the book that's out already. So I think once the book is released, they'll have it cataloged.
Old 2010-01-20, 14:14   Link #136
Runty

Argh, it's been more than a week and still no sign of the hot springs OVA. Anyone else have any luck?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 00:15   Link #137
Snowman24

Yeah where is the onsen scene, I wanna see Capt. Varrot...I mean...uh...no one else I really wanna see in there so, yeah, her I think it showed her in the preview.

Though I am curious...what do girls tend to talk about in onsens??
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 05:26   Link #138
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

So my Development Arts book turned up today.

Great, great stuff. I highly recommend it to any VC fan.

Pretty cool seeing the evolution of the game idea from "Gallian Panzers" to the "Senjou No Valkyria" we all love. The Edelweiss was originally going to like a Sturmtiger tank but with a half track drive system with Alicia being the loader of the tank.

Pretty cool stuff.

And it also shows a lot of the posters released for Valkyria Chronicles and there's this one of Alicia standing and look back that I'd love to track down.

Old 2010-01-25, 08:22   Link #139
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
So, "Gallian Panzers" is a radical case of What Could Have Been... great, I just pictured it as the defunct Stormreigon's Codename Panzers: SEGA Edition (With Welkin as a von Groebel/Vladmiriov/Wilson stand in).

The Edelweiss as an SP Gun? Alicia, the loader? Huh, it would be cool to see how this would have all worked out.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 08:30   Link #140
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
So, "Gallian Panzers" is a radical case of What Could Have Been... great, I just pictured it as the defunct Stormreigon's Codename Panzers: SEGA Edition (With Welkin as a von Groebel/Vladmiriov/Wilson stand in).

The Edelweiss as an SP Gun? Alicia, the loader? Huh, it would be cool to see how this would have all worked out.
Looking at it they already had a working build of it but with Alicia reworked as a Scout when the Empire attack what appears to be Bruhl.

Oscar and Emile are residents who take up arms - look like flint lock muskets! - to fight back the invaders.

Another series of shots shows the climax of Welkin and Alicia getting married on the tank...

The cover of the Development Arts is great too. All the characters are present with different Gallian weapons and then when you look at the inside rear flap you see Jane with the Ruhm help off the hip... Cool stuff.

I need to speed along my Japanese to read all the captions...