AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 20:45   Link #19921
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Quote:
Continuing on with the Super Sentai Madness, here's Part III of Honest Heart Mayura Labatt's profile:

WEAPONS

Spoiler:

It's Shura King Folka Mayura's Aniki Falken!

So does this mean Mayura learns the Secret Technique of Machine God?

*mental images of Mayura shouting "Shinha Gokuo Ougi"*

Anyway, I can't imagine Akira's reaction to see her brother sister-in-arm.

===================================

Quote:
Yes, you must have Meganekko MILF for GREAT JUSTICE!!!

*headshot >>> Lowe*
Indeed!

*headshot >>> USB500*

==================
Old 2008-02-17, 22:01   Link #19922
Liingo
Love Hina?

Yare Yare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
So nobody complains about the armor I presented from pretty much day one until I actually find a picture of what it's supposed to look like?
No, We've had problems with it since day 1, just that our efforts were directed at the overwhelming force that the suit provided to the user. What it looked like/ what it was a secondary concern at the time. Frankly it still is at this time since you've only made the artillery mode a module, instead of the majority of the availble weapon systems.

I for one am against the use of power armour in the Nanohaverse since it doesn't fit with how the series has been constucted thus far. Canon will always be one the yardsticks that I compare things to. Diverge too far from it and your ideas will instantly be subject to closer scrutiny than OC's that live within canon or ae just outside what Canon shows. I'm not sure who it was in the beginning that asked for the exec summary, but something like that would go a long way towards having the idea accepted here in thread. Provided that you give a reason, a good reason as to why you want/need the armour in the first place.

If you recall, I was the one who first called the suit an attempt to make the series into Magical Girl Gundam Nanoha. One of the reasons behind this, aside from the tremendous arseanal that the suit had in the beginning(which would have truly have made it a super gundam in terms of the Nanohaverse) was that there was and still isn't an explanation as to why the suit is necessary to be developed in the first place, giving me the impression of someone who was trying to bash a square peg into a circular hole. The concept of yours has gotten better, and that's good, but it still has a way to go before the suit becomes plausible for it's existence. If I would give a progress report based on the previous analogy, you've now got an octagon/ decagon after cutting some of the corners off the square.

Right now, the best way to get the suit to sit better with the thread would be as follows:
1) Further ret-conning of the suits abilities by further modulising the weapons.
2) Providing a logical reason as to why the suit is necessary

3) Having a re-think on your whole concept to see if it's possible to cut down on things that are "taboo" subjects within the nanohaverse. You might think it's harsh, but Kagerou/ Goose had to do this earlier on in the thread( as shown in the quotes below) All that was left of their original concept at the end of it all was the very bare bones. To their credit, they were able to salvage the good parts of it and have turned it into a storyline that while is outside of the boundaries of canon are still close enough that it is still plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
So no one bothered, they probably figured that if you want to make it that badly, then go ahead... It's just the few haxxbusters around that take up beef with you about it... but even they don't have unlimited amounts of energy to throw at your face, so you get it like mail... extremely late.
Not to mention that the usual haxx busters are absent from the fray. (Tk and to a lesser extent me) Horray for mod intervention........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Six months ago, the first idea for Erusia involved an oval-shaped planet that placed itself under a time dilation field, advancing rapdily, really really really fast, and taking to the stars and meeting the TSAB head on before being eventually driven back and stalemated wherupon it hit the time dilation field and began rapidly advancing once again. He'd put in about a month of planning and effort into this.

The finished Erusian/Subjugation War articles make no references to this because this idea was dropped.
Yep, a month of work which was promptly torn into pieces by the team here. While I am a little sorry about that, the whole thing is much more believeable/ plausible after the extensive retcon of the whole thing.
Quote:
All in all, the Erusian backstory that was worked out and is part of Alpha Canon was essentially rewritten completely after being junked. It was, in your own words, useless. It hasn't been touched on in writing, save for slight allusions here and there and twitching when the name A. J. Ivanovich comes up. This backstory history is not at the forefront of any of the writings that we're doing. It doesn't come up except here and there. And we did it anyway.

So, in three words: Suck it up. If working out the backstory is good enough for J.R.R. Tolkein, then goddamnit it's good enough for us!

See you all soon again as a more active member. I'm off to lunch and then to work...

For the third and final time.

@THREAD: If you want your OC's/Stories to be commented on by me that have been posted in the last month or so, drop me a pm with the link to the relevant post(s)
Old 2008-02-17, 22:50   Link #19923
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

I shall refrain from the suit discussion because 1) I'm lazy, 2) the others have already covered it, 3) I'm lazy (wait did I just repeat myself?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Wait wait wait...

Spoiler for Long Explanation:
Mind boggling crack is mind boggling.

Quote:
And with more crack involved, we can even say that Signum can be Archer because of how much Signum parallels Emiya Shiro; both were good with swords, but their ultimate attacks were bows; and most importantly because of this:
Spoiler for Signum as Archer:
...the big Signum crack before Carognum.
Computes somehow...

Quote:
Tesla uses a javelin type device, or am I mistaken...?

*goes off to check*
Doesn't she use a lance or spear?

Quote:
I've seen Paladin Carim, Cardinal Carim...
Really? I've only seen Knight Carim. =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Holy crap! Four more pages to the HOLY 10,000!

All stations! Full power!!!!
In my case its less than 1 page, since I'm using 40 posts per page. And as Lowe mentioned. Its 20000!

I've never really understood this joke but... "Its over 9000!!!!!!" (since ages ago )

Quote:
@ Tears of Northern Wind: my apology for the contents. well, there's always the Special DVD UNCUT version
What sacred content does this version contain!? Details NAO!

Quote:
I've been wondering to make a pseudo-sequel of my 2007 Animax Anime Competition's entry (or at least, something like the Girls-with-Guns trilogy *points to Noir, Madlax & El Cazador de la Bruja*). So my question is: should I follow my tried-and-tested "sniper boy" formula or just go with something entirely new?

Thanks.
That's a hard one. I suppose you could use the same concept, its easier to use a formula you're familiar with and improve on it in some cases. Though if you feel you have a new and more brilliant idea, don't worry about going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Wait, seriously? Translated into English? WHERE CAN I FIND THIS?
Mirrormoon. Google it or ask Keroko or me to PM you the link. Just so you know, its actually a translation patch.
Old 2008-02-17, 22:57   Link #19924
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

It's Shura King Folka Mayura's Aniki Falken!

So does this mean Mayura learns the Secret Technique of Machine God?

*mental images of Mayura shouting "Shinha Gokuo Ougi"*

Anyway, I can't imagine Akira's reaction to see her brother sister-in-arm.
Yes, Expect lots of flying dragons and 1000 hit combos

And I told you the Belkarangers will get along with Akira quite well. And with Ryotaro here as Den-O...

Mayura/Akira/Ryotaro:

TRIPLE RIDER KIIIIIIIIIIICKU!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I shall refrain from the suit discussion because 1) I'm lazy, 2) the others have already covered it, 3) I'm lazy (wait did I just repeat myself?)
You're not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
I've never really understood this joke but... "Its over 9000!!!!!!" (since ages ago )
That would be a 4ch meme derived from a most over-the-top dub of Vegeta and his power scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
Yes, we demand to know!

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:13   Link #19925
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Song at the moment.
Lowe, do you think our Belkarangers watch Ultraman as well?

--------------------

Quote:
That's a hard one. I suppose you could use the same concept, its easier to use a formula you're familiar with and improve on it in some cases. Though if you feel you have a new and more brilliant idea, don't worry about going for it.
I'll consider it.

===========

Quote:
Yes, Expect lots of flying dragons and 1000 hit combos

Quote:
And I told you the Belkarangers will get along with Akira quite well. And with Ryotaro here as Den-O...

Mayura/Akira/Ryotaro:

TRIPLE RIDER KIIIIIIIIIIICKU!!!!!!!

=================

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, we demand to know!

*runs*

Spoiler for overview:

Note: just started the epilogue.

Last edited by USB500; 2008-02-17 at 23:28.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:17   Link #19926
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Oh, another piece from me. It's severely incomplete, since within DestinyS story-context, it's supposed to be 2 episodes worth of flashback and not a narrative piece, but the general outline somewhat works like this.

Would like to get some opinion.

Spoiler for Alhazred:
Wow...

You can almost see the events happening! This is an extremely well-constructed poetical masterpiece of a narrative!!!

EPIC!!!

I really liked it. It really shows the folly of man and it's several facets. The plot is also very interesting. What with Mid actually being the door to Alhazred...

Quote:
Continuing on with the Super Sentai Madness, here's Part III of Honest Heart Mayura Labatt's profile:

WEAPONS

Spoiler:

Whoo.... I even like her weapon range better than Asagi's! And by the way, it's Ran, not Jan...

Melikes a lot! Her style, weapons, physical capabilities are indeed a force to be reckoned with. Though her sheer physical skill is really starting to approach frightening levels... Who's up for a Sai-Blade?

Quote:
I think it's time to evoke the word most used to describe your works, and evoke it most rightly here:

EPIC

Such poetic detail on everything that Alhazred was, including the folly made from their infinite kindness, and some of it through the eyes of...

Quote:
I can only hope, though Almaria's a much better character than anyone I can ever dish out
Almaria: <blushes brightly and waves arms ala-Nagisa> No, no! Lowe-san's characters are very interesting! And they're very dynamic compared to me...

Me: What's with that talk? I consider you a better profile-maker than me. But still, <pats Almaria's head again> Almaria got some really great reviews. Far better than I ever expected.

Almaria: Mou~! You're embarrassing me, Creator-san!

Quote:

Asagi: De-
Mayura: Ka-
Julie: Master!!!!!

Belkarangers: DO IT NOW CHIEF!!!!!! ONEGAISHIMASU!!!!
Aurion: Nice going, Creator-san...

Me: Aww, c'mon! Give the girls some love. BTW, crack about an Aurion vs. Belkarangers (ala Dekamaster vs. Dekarangers {Dekaranger episode 14}) training match is starting to build up!

Aurion:

Quote:
Damn... for someone like Doggie to transform into one of the most badass Sentai warriors around is still a feat that boggles my mind
I once read a fan-manga that shows how Doggie does it... Let's see...

Found it!
Spoiler for How Doggie fits his nose in his mask.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Nobody can resist OC

Quote:
Girl POWAH beats any other kind of POWAH
No fair!!!

Quote:
Hiiiiiiiiiii ~

I will As soon as I get my computer back (still in repairs *grumblegrumble*) and if I get some free time where I'm not buried under a pile of work I'll catch up to the most important things here and become active once again. This place really hasn't changed at all
Yay!

Quote:
"Careful what you wish for"

That I am.

*headshotted by Signum's arrow*

Quote:
Wait wait wait...

I'm certainly getting intrigued by this... What's the premise of the story in the first place? I wanna know.

Quote:
I've been wondering to make a pseudo-sequel of my 2007 Animax Anime Competition's entry (or at least, something like the Girls-with-Guns trilogy *points to Noir, Madlax & El Cazador de la Bruja*). So my question is: should I follow my tried-and-tested "sniper boy" formula or just go with something entirely new?

Thanks.
It would depend. Sniper-boy is a trademark of you already so you would be most comfortable doing that. but if you think you can accomplish a much better result by using a different formula, then by all means do so. And just remember, always enjoy your work and do your best!

Quote:
Arcas: Since I decided that I wasn't an insensitive jerk who gets off on teasing girls...including HIS OWN GIRLFRIEND.
Grandis: Me? Insenstive? HAHAHA! Now that's a new one! LOOK. WHO'S. TALKING. You're the haughty, self-righteous, pig-headed and power-tripping jerk here. And that include being insensitive to a large degree. On the other matter, no teasing isn't fun at all.()

Me: Quite a lot of descriptions there...

Quote:
Well, whatever drugs you're taking to make it happen...

...STOP IT!
I'm not using drugs. I DON'T NEED drugs to accomplish those.

Quote:
I'll have to debate you on that...the greatest in the world is:

UGUU~ POWAH!!!
Oh yeah... but considering YOU have been using it, the effect is as good as ZERO.

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Keroko-chan: *pokes Arcas in the back of his head* No, instead you're an insensitive jerk who does everything he can to avoid us getting boyfriends.
Grandis: And that supports my point. And I am so expecting him to counter with the Kha and Yuuno reasoning.

And this reminds me to start thinking how the other Aces should interact with Grandis once he's on the protagonists' side... Up to now... I don't have much of a clue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:
NICE!

It's good to know Keroko-chan's still safe. And Neltharion surely is helpful here. BTW, you just gave Aurion a habit deriven from my generationS, huh? I'll be adding it then. And I think Adraine was Arc'd by TSAB... And then about Glen... even Id is losing control?

WANT MOAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@THREAD: If you want your OC's/Stories to be commented on by me that have been posted in the last month or so, drop me a pm with the link to the relevant post(s)
Not much to look at my works. I'm still retconning a lot... BTW, will be looking forward to your return.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-02-18 at 01:05.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:21   Link #19927
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Yes...

It's official~

I'm switching my flagship OC to Bridget!

Thread:

And here's a small WIP that will detail some things about shim...

Spoiler for WIP: Escape from Ground Central:

24 other recruits to lead to safety... in 30 floors, 3000 rooms filled with gadgets, and at least 1 Number inside... (number may increase if Kha decides to add more...)

And outside, mayhem...

And you're the only non-Mid or Velkan in the entire planet (with a slight chance of beating gadgets) as of that moment!

What will you do Bridget?

On another note, the Sky Girls are now here!

*rows faster*

====

@ Liingo: Shall i send the same content again?
Old 2008-02-17, 23:38   Link #19928
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Yes...

It's official~

I'm switching my flagship OC to Bridget!

Thread:

Quote:
Spoiler for WIP: Escape from Ground Central:

Not only Bridget is here, the Sky Girls are here as well!

And as always, I detect Eika's superior tsundere in here

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
It would depend. Sniper-boy is a trademark of you already so you would be most comfortable doing that. but if you think you can accomplish a much better result by using a different formula, then by all means do so. And just remember, always enjoy your work and do your best!
I see. Thanks for the thought.

found this excellent picture for Tears of Northern Wind DVD Special cover.

*runs*

Last edited by USB500; 2008-02-18 at 00:17. Reason: adding link to picture.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:20   Link #19929
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*rubs eyes tiredly* Kha, you do realize that I opose power armors as a whole because they make no frikkin sense in the Nanohaverse, right? It's not so much that we don't see them, its just that, to quote Goose, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, 'Mobile Soldier' Lyrical Nanoha.

I will allow rare exceptions, such as the Chief, and even the admirals prototype (though he has some explaining to do why an official research facillity is working on that stuff)

But the TSAB itself fielding power armors, frames, whatever you want to call it?

No. Way.

I'm drawing a firm line here, this is a show about magic, a world about magic. To turn this into the next 'battle of the cybernetics' would destroy that world. We wouldn't even recognise it as the Nanoha world anymore. Where's the magic? Where's the seemingly impossible but stylish battle clothing? Gone and replaced with steel plates and wires.

Tell me, and answer this one honestly, is that how you see Nanoha?

Yeah there IS a problem here...

Nope I don't think Mahou Soldiers would go very well, even though I pretty much made troops out of the Saint Guard.

What I did think that made the frames go well with the Nanohaverse is, if there ever was a society that jumped from medieval to transdimensional without all the scientific mess in between, they would have mages in stylish and effective Prada jackets like we've seen. But at the same time I feel that there is quite a lot missing, namely the various other elements that make up a fantasy novel brought forward in time.

Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers? Did the advancement of magitechnology kill every other minor creature off? Will we only get to see tiny dragons raised in captivity, and not of the giant being that carved a hole in Keroko's heart?

I felt having only 1 element and throwing the rest away... Wrong.

What I really see in the Nanohaverse is a world where magic and technology are in total equilibrium.

The replacement of plate with magical mechanics would allow the laden warrior can carry more, and yet go farther and faster than ever before. Have both the dragons of old and yet see the new dragons born of the era of magiengineering. Have the return of faeries, elves, dwarves, ents, orcs, the works, but maybe with more Trek-kinese about them different species.

Call me stubborn, but that's my world view of the Nanohaverse.

I worked along this line and created Kha, the last Cleric-knight. And he has been wearing that mechanized armor ever since, as that was his trademark.

Somehow... That kept infecting everything else like Swarm over and over.

Now that you've forced me to take a closer look, I see no need for the TSAB to have such things. They never dive straight into the thick of a firefight, have long removed the footman strategem and it was never part of their tradition anyway. Mail for them should be their maximum, and Nanoha's a good example of that done nicely.

Of the entire Saint Church, most might have assimilated the Midchilda way of thinking and opted for lighter Knight's Garbs and mail-grade Knight Armor like the Wolkies.

The Knight Sisters never wore plate armor simply because they were women, and there was no way the most of them could carry the dead-weight effectively in the past. And so even today, they are adorned in their blue standard uniforms, or colorful Precious Robes.

But the Cleric-knights, I believe, since is it in character of them to cling onto conservative beliefs and traditional mindsets, will wear the opulent frames as part of their standard Knight Armor.

In the past, when they rode on live horses into battle, they were adorned in tempered gray steel affixed with seals, metal-plated books and sculpted eagles and drenched in consecrated oils; Now they still do exactly that, but with the change of the times, battle chargers have become transforming motorbikes, blades have become Armed Devices, and plate armor have become self-propelled reinforced machine suits that allow them to keep their edge in the face of a changed world.

Vexielle gave me a design that is streamline and yet retains the look and feel of the steel-cloaked paladins of old, and so at the very least, I feel it to be weird if the Cleric-knights aren't wearing frames. I do hope this passes for computation at least.

Quote:
Glaive, technically. But it transforms into a javelin to use Sturmzeichen.

That's good enough.

Quote:
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

I think Clint Eastwood would do well to be Erick's VA.

Like Lowe said, it's been a while since ol' Nel was good for something. If any additional cleansing is needed, I'm sure any of the available Knight-sisters can help. Worst still, just call Dr. House Testarossa. :3

As for the Cleric boys both senior and newly-minted over the last 8 years, I guess they have all the work cut out for them.

0066 first outbreak? That's almost around the time of the formation of the Plaguelands! I wonder if they are linked... :3

~~~In Other News~~~

Today is gonna be a major patch day! Expect much more crack I unearthed from another thumbdrive to appear in Vita and Signum's profiles! Also look out for the Rebuilt of Erio, possibly ready today as well!
Old 2008-02-18, 00:28   Link #19930
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

Quote:
No fair!!!
Yes it is

Quote:
Yay!

Thanks for being so happy ^^ Makes me a little self-conciously embarrassed

Quote:
That I am.

*headshotted by Signum's arrow*
I see....

@Thread: About the whole armor discussion:

I don't know the whole thing and I won't comment on Power Armor, but, it actually is true that Belka Knights use armors. Remember episode 6-7 of A's? Signum and Shamal were asking Hayate to imagine their armors because they needed their master to have a picture of it in mind so that they would create it. Hayate, however, asked if Knight-like clothes would be fine to which they both responded it would be ok.

Just adding a little something to the discussion.

And btw: I'm gonna need to have someone point me out to the most important and "OC-common-knowledge" things that I've missed while on my long break
Old 2008-02-18, 00:29   Link #19931
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

IKUZE!!DAI HISSATSU BACKLOG BREAKAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Kha I see that you've been hard at work overseas... Don't think I'll forgive you for slacking off just because you miss me.

^_^

Kagerou that was one swell piece of writing! I wish I could write like that!

(How do you guys do that noddy thing?)

And hello everyone... I hope Kha hasn't been too much trouble... What's with this place being called Cadia anyway? And I even see that Kha made an OC called Canoness... What's with all these WH40K madness?
Ahaha...so this is your mystery shadow, Kha. Who else have you deigned to hide from us?

Anyway, hi. Don't mind the crack, you'll get used to it.

Quote:
OMFG HOW ON AZEROTH DID YOU FIND ME HERE?!?!?!?!?!

(runs off screaming incoherently)

Please don't kill me... You'll never get the 160g back if I'm dead.
Oh...I see. You've been loansharking on WoW, haven't you? And now a "client" has come to "collect."

*scribbles down notes*

Quote:
Not in the mood for too much crack, and there's enough in Signum herself already anyway. Just left with stuffing more crack into her lifestory. :3

LIGHTNING-02
Rebuilt of Signum

The Burning Fire General

Spoiler for Signum, the Burning Fire General:
Not much crack here... Except maybe when I get the Rebuilt Signum's Vaisaga KA picture ready.

The slight Caronum crack was just an inneudo; don't worry.

Shall I post the possible theories of Signum's past, as discussed by OCs and CCs too?

*runs*
Hmmm...I Approve!

More Signum is a recipe for success. It may not have as much crack as your normal, but it's still got that special scent

Quote:
There is No Escape
LoweGear and co. run!

But there's no escape!

Quote:
So ripping off things from another anime then using it as your own a thread habit?
*sigh*...Nononono. It's not ripping off...we are merely gathering crackinspiration from the far corners of the multiverse, and adding just a touch of...spice?

Seriously, there's a lot of borrowing, but I think most of us draw the line at actual copypasta.
Quote:
More like my drug habit...
Like I said, crack. Wait, I never said crack. Did anyone hear me say that? No? *arms Heavy's minigun*

Quote:
Spoiler for I'll be borrowing this for a while:
The look on this girl's face, plus what she's saying, makes me laugh every time I see this picture. Probably I need to start watching Clannad later.

Quote:
Too bad she doesn't understand the set up of tsukikomi and uke, and doesn't have a harisen.
Dakara,it's boke!Boke, not uke! Boke's the straight man/woman, and uke's the submissive one!

<_<

>_>

*runs very fast*

Quote:
*joins Lowe*
Aright, if you could just hold still for a minute...

*opens fire*

Dammit. They keep ducking. I need to come back with bunker busters!

Quote:
Oh boy…

You seem to be doing an excellent work of being a trap so far, Keroko… XD

(I’ll remove the ‘-kun’ for more confusion!)
*sigh* I thought we had moved past all this trap nonsense...at least I know who's who.

That's what makes this place so fun...you never know what to expect. One day it's traps, the next its tsun, next it's crack, and-

Waitaminnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Well, IMO, the fact that Bardiche is very quite and most of the time speaks in single word sentences is what makes it unique, interesting and awesome. That's why the sudden change to a super-GARlock Bardiche does not compute, at least for me.
Bardiche:[Correct. I. Speak. One. Word. Only.]

I do think adding GAR to Bardiche is a bit clashy. If it absolutely has to work like that, it has to, but going from two words to HOT BLOOD caan throw you off...

Quote:
He only wishes I were more like the girls in anime.

Read through the earlier posts, the way he's been acting (so Kha was running from me last July -_-), it's rather embarassing...

This is pretty fun so far. In fact, I'm getting ideas for my own OC, and I'd like to try snatching Kha from Fate... ^_^

Or I could just take over and rebuild Sophia. That baka made her using an idealized image of me. -_-

Now I find it on wiki.
Ah, is that where Sophia's inspiration came from?

*doesn't remember Sophia*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nevertheless. This amuses Chaos greatly. Chaos wish to see more of this magical drama (M.D) unfold.
[/quote]

I have this image of a James Bond-style villain sitting in front of a massive array of computers, just watching all the madness unfold...

[QUOTE=Kha;1404052]
Quote:

RUN! IT'S THE ANITA BREAKER!!!

Wowww. That's amazing.
Quote:
LOL!

So even Kha, the King of Bluecheesium is afraid of his girlfriend?

Oh this is just too dang good

Not when I was an active member of Outer Cadia
Heh, looks like you're good and whipped, Kha.

*waves to Kha*

BTW Fuyu, haven't seen ya here in a while. Okaeri!

Quote:
*sculls gondola even faster*
You got a serious thing going with this gondola, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Dude, don't break the page.
Oh, but Kha's so good at breaking things!

*thinks about possible implications of that statement*

*runs like hell*

Quote:
Yes, and I'll row their boat if you know what I mean
Is it a Nice Boat???

*spins minigun*

[QUOTE=LoweGear;1404369]
Quote:
*runs*
*RUNS*
*runs some more*
*runs faster*
*runs much faster*
*runs while dodging sniper fire*
*dodges some more*
*dives into foxhole*
*ducks inside foxhole*
*jumps into trench*
*dodges artillery shell*
*bullets whizz past*
*evades incoming fire*
*headshot >>> Lowe*

Neil: Wow, he's good, but not good enough...[/I]
Damn, Lowe...drawing much fire there?

Quote:
Currently breaking my head in trying to write a good meeting piece. Writing six-year-olds in an original way is a pain, though. The mental leap between 6 and 9 year olds is massive in Nanohaverse terms. >_<
Especially when said nine-year olds possess mental maturity of people ten years older.
Quote:
You got him locked?

Keroko-tan:
Haiyo!

Have fun then.
Keroko-tan? Where has she been all this time???

Quote:
I'll have to debate you on that...the greatest in the world is:

UGUU~ POWAH!!!
...I think my mind just exploded.

Quote:

Character development is always a good thing. Especially when there's just a hint of suspense thrown in to muddy the waters.

Quote:
See you all soon again as a more active member. I'm off to lunch and then to work...

For the third and final time.
Liingo-san yoku isogashii ze?

Oh well. Do drop by!

Quote:
Which is why I didn't break the past page and a half.

However, at the risk of provoking another debate, I'll say that I don't think something like powered armor is COMPLETELY unfeasible. No it's not series-typical, and I don't want to see mages replaced by mecha any more than anyone, but I think if kept strictly within the series' defined magitech, some form of powered personal armor would be possible. I came up with a magic-based powered Jacket idea myself some time ago(you guys might have just given me a pass cause it wasn't a big thing, though.)

I do agree that there doesn't need to be conventional powered armor.

Just my $0.02.

Quote:
That would be a 4ch meme derived from a most over-the-top dub of Vegeta and his power scouter [/I]
Ah yes, "9000," one of the veteran memes on these crazy Internets.

That's...such a cute picture...I honestly feel moved.

*looks around*

Yeah, I'm a sucker for sweet romance and all that. So what?

*runs very fast*

And look at that...less than a hundred posts until the vaunted 20K barrier...I'll let you know now, I'm gonna fight you guys for the 20K GET!
Old 2008-02-18, 00:30   Link #19932
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Holy Suzumiya!! I certainly did not expect the thread to progess so much while i was sleeping.

Quote:
Hmm, how about the canonical fact that such armors do not exist in the Nanohaverse? If such armor is better, then surely everyone -or at the very least he Ground Forces- would be wearing it, no? Obviously this is not the case.

Then there is the simple fact that this is a magical girl show, I would rather avoid this going too sci-fi. I can work with weapons that look like ordinary guns, cyborgs and spaceships, but I draw the line at power armor.
First of all I think I should apologize since I think I was the original offender I guess with Tais and the E.V.A device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
So nobody complains about the armor I presented from pretty much day one until I actually find a picture of what it's supposed to look like?

Right.

No.
Don't start that bull argument with me Goose. I've scaled the abilities back already like asked. I've got the project work slated for the big-assed-essay which I'm going to take time on. (Not hammer together in three hours. Which incidently, my use of only FOUR hours was called SLAPPED together.) I scrapped my biggest controversial idea... I'm doing my work.

Nobody had a beef with the fact that I keep REPEATEDLY mentioning it as powered armor, as an exoskeleton, as something weighing a whole lot with lots of metal. I even posted THIS image early on with nobody showing any real concern. Nobody... Not until I put up a vid that shows it looks like an armored football player robot. Up until this it was concerns about power levels when I was still sketchy on them and working on them.

Cannon arguments may be worth taking into account. But this time it's just Keroko having a beef with my choice of Aesthetics. A beef about it turning into massive numbers of mecha when I have already stated that the model is prototype. As in, one of a kind.
We did complain, repeatedly, but I don't think you even listened. Personally I gave up trying to convince you to tone down the haxx.

You act as if shooting down your ideas is like a major insult to you, you cannot accept it when we give you negative feedback, you complain when we suggest what to do to make it acceptable.

Let me quote you a phrase: "If one guy calls you a Hutt, ignore him. If a second guy calls you a Hutt, begin to wonder. If a third guy calls you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice."

In case you don't understand, what I'm trying to say is that many of us have mentioned what's wrong with your characters, ideas and concepts. Its not just one person but multiple. Please at least consider taking a few minutes and really take a good look at your ideas. Forget that its your idea in the first place, forget that you worked hard on it. Set honesty to ON and ask yourself this, is what I've written really true to the spirit of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? Is there any truth to what others have said? Are my characters and ideas way overboard? Etc, etc etc...

If after that you still think you're didn't do anything wrong and that we're way too critical to you and yours, then perhaps...
Quote:
Actually, I did complain. In fact, I still don't like it, but I'm mostly letting it go because he's OFM material, and OFM operates outside normal TSAB rules anyway.

The moment 'mass production' of said armor is even mentioned is when I start kicking the hornet nest again.

What I meant was that the TSAB shows no sign whatsoever that they are using power armor, making it an alien element into the Nanohaverse. It's the same reason why I was so vocal about your flight squadron and mass weapons usage, go down that path to deep and you end up with a story that makes you scrach your head and wonder 'am I reading an army story or something? I thought this was about Nanoha!' the further yuou deviate from canon, the stranger your story gets, untill it gets to the point where nobody even recognises its set in the Nanohaverse.

I believe we already complained about it quite a lot, we were just more concerned at what it did at the time then how it looked.

The amusing thing is that I was mentioning Power Armors in general. I was already getting increasingly twitchy by several other people anxious to introduce 'frames' and 'armors' yours was simply the last drop.
To be fair, you did not complain when I first brought in Tais, AI Yui and the E.V.A device.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:37   Link #19933
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Okay, before I hit The books again, so to speak. I need some data.

This concerns Regius. As the honcho in charge of ground forces... he was under the control of the brains. The brains had him covering up Jail's actions even though he was criminal and dangerous.

How feasible would it be that Regius, knowing and hating Jail, would order small scale projects with the purpose of countering Jail's threat?
I know he was openly denying funding for equiping the ground forces against the gadget drones. Probably on orders.

But as much as we can tell he really HATES Jail (especially because Jails Numba's killed his friend ZEST.), would it not be expected for someone of his rank to have something on the low down to pull out of his back pocket come Jail making a move? Knowing Jail is up to something.

The reason I put this out is because one way to wrap these little projects (Lawmaker and Crash's armor.) Together is that Regius had already figured Jail for a wild card, if not by the time Zest got killed, at least from then onwards. And needed his own pawns prepared, but they needed to seem trivial, under the radar of the floating brains and Jail.

Unfortunately, his projects would come too late since Jail made his move very quickly once he found what he wanted.
Now, I know he had something in the works... Einherjar... but I haven't the freakin foggiest clue what it is... (Seems to be mentioned as a trump card, but seems to be destroyed before its even revealed.) so I'm off to look around.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:45   Link #19934
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Dakara,it's boke!Boke, not uke! Boke's the straight man/woman, and uke's the submissive one!

<_<

>_>

*runs very fast*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boke is the idiot of the duo! The Tsukkomi (Hayate ) is the straight man/woman. They're usually equipped with a Harisen

Quote:
*sigh* I thought we had moved past all this trap nonsense...at least I know who's who.

That's what makes this place so fun...you never know what to expect. One day it's traps, the next its tsun, next it's crack, and-

Waitaminnit.
That's Outer Cadia just being Outer Cadia

Quote:
Heh, looks like you're good and whipped, Kha.

*waves to Kha*

Quote:
BTW Fuyu, haven't seen ya here in a while. Okaeri!
Tadaima.....-desu ~

Thanks for the 'Welcome back' ^^

Quote:
However, at the risk of provoking another debate, I'll say that I don't think something like powered armor is COMPLETELY unfeasible. No it's not series-typical, and I don't want to see mages replaced by mecha any more than anyone, but I think if kept strictly within the series' defined magitech, some form of powered personal armor would be possible. I came up with a magic-based powered Jacket idea myself some time ago(you guys might have just given me a pass cause it wasn't a big thing, though.)

I do agree that there doesn't need to be conventional powered armor.

Just my $0.02.
Too true *nods in agreement*
Old 2008-02-18, 00:53   Link #19935
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Not much to look at my works. I'm still retconning a lot... BTW, will be looking forward to your return.
XD. Well if you ever want another person's perspective on it, pm away
Quote:
@ Liingo: Shall i send the same content again?
No, it's fine... still getting to it Keep getting distracted by other things...
Quote:
And btw: I'm gonna need to have someone point me out to the most important and "OC-common-knowledge" things that I've missed while on my long break
I don't think there's much to add... Although catching up on Nighties stuff and also Phoenix Flares stories would be a good start.

*hug* Good to see you in here again XD
Quote:

*opens fire*

He's trying to take down Dekkai-chan and Aika!! TO ARMS!!!!:frust rated:
Quote:
Liingo-san yoku isogashii ze?

Oh well. Do drop by!
~Hai..

I should be back in action in about 2 weeks

*drives off*
Old 2008-02-18, 01:01   Link #19936
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
I don't think there's much to add... Although catching up on Nighties stuff and also Phoenix Flares stories would be a good start.

*hug* Good to see you in here again XD
Nighty's..... that alone scares me

Awww *hugs back happily* Thank you

Quote:
~Hai..

I should be back in action in about 2 weeks

*drives off*
Aw *pouts* shucks. Well, at least do drop by
Old 2008-02-18, 01:10   Link #19937
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Oh, another piece from me. It's severely incomplete, since within DestinyS story-context, it's supposed to be 2 episodes worth of flashback and not a narrative piece, but the general outline somewhat works like this.

Would like to get some opinion.
Similarly as Keroko, this would mean the downfall of Al-Hazard is fairly recent. By that I mean anything from a period of one thousand to 500 years. Still, not much of a problem.

I'm quite taken to the style of writing for this piece. I personally quite like this kind of expositions but never quite got the hang of it.

Nicely weaved tale. I like the context of the story in itself and at the awesome manner it was brought out.

Although I have to wonder where did I see that line of humans being chunks of meat before.

Quote:

*corners Tormenk at gunpoint*

Details. NAO... ()
*stuffs chewing gum into the barrel of the gun*

A few episodes worth of Yagami no Signum-tan?

Okay, bad jokes aside, the idea is just for lulz and crack.

Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?

*RUNS*

Quote:

WEAPONS
Quite the close-ranged powerhouse here. Nicely balanced out and the usual exchange between Glock and Kay makes this WIN!

Quote:
You were talking about the Wolkenritter, last I recall Sakura was not one of the Wolkenritter.

I mean, otherwise we already have a perfect archer. Take your pick, Teana, Nanoha, Vice.

Caster would be Hayate, or Reinforce I. Probably Reinforce I.

Berserker might as well be Subaru, heck, she went berserk even better then Vita.

Assasin, best choice would probably be Teana, strangely enough. Stealth spells are genius assasination skills.

Rider... best bet would be Erio or Caro.

Lancer, this one is tricky. Not counting OC's, Zest would seem the best choice in terms of weapons, Nanoha going in second. Personallity wise I'd say Vita.

Saber is Signum. Too many paralels not to.
Servants?

Must..resist temptation..to use one of them..

Quote:
I remember an actual fanfic on FF.net with the Signum-crack.

Quote:
Looks like Erick's quite touchy around a certain subject. Character development all around and an exchange between Glen and Id was quite some foreshadowing.

Which reminds me I just read Goose's summary of the OFM. Comprehensive and detailed rundown about the unit. Hard to imagine the time and effort behind this piece.

:thumbsup: x 10

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2008-02-18 at 01:20.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:13   Link #19938
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?

*RUNS*
What did you just do, Aaron-kun?

Dang, it was just a dream? I wish it were a real deal

*RUNS*
Old 2008-02-18, 01:14   Link #19939
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
You got a serious thing going with this gondola, don't you?
I live in Aqua now, in the City of Neo-Venezia... the gondola is one of the basic forms of transportation- the most advanced are the spaceships that fly in from Earth and skybikes that some people own...

How can i get around the city if not by foot? my skybike is still in customs undergoing safety inspection before releasing it to me...

Quote:
Quote:

*opens fire*

Quote:
He's trying to take down Dekkai-chan and Aika!! TO ARMS!!!!:frust rated:
Beginning Armed Intervention...

[Virtue, Eliminating Targets]

Ahh... the sight of such sparkly GN particles...

Bliss

Hohe~

Spraying GN particles is not allowed!!!

Dekkai beamu desu~

===

@ thread any other takers for the WIP?
Old 2008-02-18, 01:31   Link #19940
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
I live in Aqua now, in the City of Neo-Venezia... the gondola is one of the basic forms of transportation- the most advanced are the spaceships that fly in from Earth and skybikes that some people own...

How can i get around the city if not by foot? my skybike is still in customs undergoing safety inspection before releasing it to me...
I know that manga..... I don't remember right now what the name is but I'm sure I recognize the gondola-thingy and the city of Neo-Venezia...

Quote:
Beginning Armed Intervention...

[Virtue, Eliminating Targets]

Ahh... the sight of such sparkly GN particles...

Bliss

Hohe~

Spraying GN particles is not allowed!!!

Dekkai beamu desu~

===

@ thread any other takers for the WIP?

Could anyone kindly explain what this is? It appeared on FF and I was wondering what it was all about...