Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-10, 09:02   Link #81
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Or perhaps Kubo wants to tease us and see what crazy theories we come up with. The top 3 espada ranking has been an ongoing discussion for the last year or so and every new piece of information gets included in it immediately. Maybe Kubo just likes seeing us come up with those theories and gets a kick out of this

It's anyone's game at this stage - maybe Kubo'll just throw a 3-sided dice one day and determine the top 3 espada's ranks this way .

Joking aside, I think there's more evidence pointing towards Barragan being #1 than there is evidence against it. I'm far from certain of it, but from what we've seen so far most of the evidence points towards him, as opposed to the other two. Then again, this might be just to throw us off and Halibel, who we know the least about might end up on top.

For one thing, I would not discount the possibility of any of the 3 being number 1.
There realy isn't much pointing to Barragan being #1. The only people he has ordered around have been his own. Both Stark and Halibel gave him a "fine do what you want" adatude when he took charge but both of their fraccs basicly were looking at him like he was an idiot blow hard. Kubo also loves to use misdirection by makeing something look like one thing while being something else all together. Azein being alive and the villian, Ulq being number 4 instead of number1, Ichigo's dad being a powerful shinigami and not just a clueless idoit, Ishida's father being a quincy.
Of course KT maybe counting on us to discount him from being number 1, so he will then make him #1, but the he may be counting on us to expect that too so he wont. But then maybe..... I think I should stop this way lies madness.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-10-10, 09:40   Link #82
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
She will die, because in Bleach Law, with the sole exception of Aizen (who is unmatched by anyone except Yama-jii), no-one can ever beat Hitsugaya "SQUEE!" Toshiro. It's pretty much impossible for him to lose because he has the fangirls on his side, and they probably couldn't bear the ONE TIME (from memory) that he lost a fight- heavily one-sided as it was.
thats the thing though. Will Kubo sacrifice his millions of happy fans that love a woman being in the top 3 and have been awaiting her battle since her first line OR will he care about the fangirls that despite the occurance of hitsugaya losing, as long as he lvies they'll be happy?

If hitsu beats halibel a few people will quit the manga lol, if hitsugaya loses this battle, the fangirls will be mad but hitsu will liove for another day. its a one-sided event here, Hitsugaya must lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-10-10, 10:07   Link #83
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Millions? Halibel, from memory, has only appeared a handful of times in the whole series (below both Barragan and Stark, I believe, and even freakin' Luppi and Yammy, in how many times she's appeared), and the most she's done is comment on Grimmjow and Ichigo's battle. I'm not sure that Halibel has millions of fans.

And with Hitsugaya, nothing is one-sided except in his favour. Face it, the kid's gonna win both by Shounen Law (good guys ALWAYS win) and Bleach Law (impossibility for Toshiro to actually lose, barring the incident with Aizen).
Old 2008-10-10, 10:12   Link #84
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Hitsu is too popular to die (and even if he wasn't, Kubo doesn't kill off any good guys anyway) not too popular to lose.

And shounen law says that the side of good eventually wins, not that every good character wins every battle. Not even Bleach is that simplistic.

His official record is 2-1-1 (not counting movies, OVA's, etc) Against Gin was a draw. Aizen was a clear loss. He won against a fraccion and the substitute no.6 Espada. Both victories were against enemies that he was more than capable of defeating. The fact that he had such trouble against them is the largest reason he's gotten the reputation of being the weakest captain.

Kubo hasn't made out Hitsu to be unbeatable so far, he's lost and won. When he's won, the victories were believable. I think Hitsu won't win here, but if he actually does, it will likely be because Halibel has some kind of special weakness or she does something incredibly stupid(e.g. Arroneiro dangling Rukia directly in front of his face).

Old 2008-10-10, 10:16   Link #85
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Okay, Gin was a draw, and he couldn't hope to win against Aizen at all...but, you know, something tells me that Toshiro will win again just because the plot demands it or something.
Old 2008-10-10, 10:48   Link #86
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, since Hitsugaya´s fighting Halibel, I guess her ranking is at least lower than Stark´s.
Theres no way Ukitake and Kyouraku would fight an weaker Enemy than Hitsugaya together, and I don´t think Hitsugaya will lose. He really needs to show what he´s made of. He missed too many chances in his past.
Old 2008-10-10, 11:08   Link #87
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So does that mean he'll just use Hyourinmaru again in a spur of the moment dig?
Old 2008-10-10, 12:59   Link #88
Langus
Optimus Prime

Okay, now that I've read the chapter I'm more convinced than ever that Kubo is laying the groundwork for a Gin/Matsumoto match. I really can't wait It was Hitsugaya's "I hope there is no hesitation in your heart" that gave it away.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:14   Link #89
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I view Hitsugaya as more like the cliche shonen lead than Ichigo(kid prodigy, always overcomes the odds, not interested in teh bewbs, messy hair that needs combed, etc), so I'd be willing to bet that if Halibel isn't #1, he'll probably win.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:33   Link #90
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm gonna fall out of my chair if Halibel has a thing for Hitsugaya(resulting in her loss).

He is a hunkster.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:37   Link #91
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...Millions? Halibel, from memory, has only appeared a handful of times in the whole series (below both Barragan and Stark, I believe, and even freakin' Luppi and Yammy, in how many times she's appeared), and the most she's done is comment on Grimmjow and Ichigo's battle. I'm not sure that Halibel has millions of fans.

And with Hitsugaya, nothing is one-sided except in his favour. Face it, the kid's gonna win both by Shounen Law (good guys ALWAYS win) and Bleach Law (impossibility for Toshiro to actually lose, barring the incident with Aizen).
Fine NOT millions, but a good amount of people you ahve to admit want halibel to be awesome. we havent seen her fight yet, so will kishi waste her debut and his position as one of the top 3 on hitsugaya? he's cool and all but honestly...after all the Bull that the espada have been through, losing to hitsgaya should be that last thing that comes. She should put him down hard and fast, then backup arrives. I guess it all comes down to how and when she releases..

and WTF KUBO, 3 effing chapters of SS delcaring that they are going to fight... =/ iddnt they say let the fight begin last chapter? so wth is this
Old 2008-10-10, 13:53   Link #92
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Okay Bleach is really starting to get on my nerves, I read the chapter and no action, no complex actions or motives being revealed or shown at all while in the Naruto manga things are blowing up and countries are being invaded and Sasuke is being made to look like a douche!! Is there no justice in the world I mean seriously Bleach is going to start going down in ratings if Bleach doesn't pull out some complex things other than:

"I'm a shinigami and you are a hollow....let's fight for 2 chapters then change scenes to another brawl!!"

Maybe I'm just peeved cos I haven't seen any complexity in Bleach lately and there is lesser fights and boring talks going on when we could be seeing great complex stories and new abilities being revealed

Other than that hope we get to see new bankais next week

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-10-10, 14:12   Link #93
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Okay, now that I've read the chapter I'm more convinced than ever that Kubo is laying the groundwork for a Gin/Matsumoto match. I really can't wait It was Hitsugaya's "I hope there is no hesitation in your heart" that gave it away.
My thoughts as well. I even went as far as to think that Rangiko will defect to be with Gin.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:24   Link #94
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
My thoughts as well. I even went as far as to think that Rangiko will defect to be with Gin.
Yeah, cause we need a damsel in distress for the next arc. LOL
Old 2008-10-10, 14:43   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
Yeah, cause we need a damsel in distress for the next arc. LOL
Its Chad its Chad I tell you . Chad will be kidnapped by HellReaper (Run Chad Run, he is coming to get you) who takes him Hell. We will later discover Chad's power's were not rleated to HM but actually hell . The only Q is will Chad get to confess to Ichigo in time . Then Hell Arc or Rescue Chad Arc ensues
Old 2008-10-10, 14:55   Link #96
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Somehow I get the feeling that Kubo will switch the scenes to Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra for the next chapter.
It then will take long to finish the great clash of Soul Society vs. Espadas and Vizards arriving, while Ichigo and the others a figuring out how to escape HM.
Long enough to make Ichigo parrying a deadly blow of Aizen towards Yamamoto something really big and unexpected...

...hope you understand what I mean.^^

EDIT: thanks Thewanderer

Last edited by ZGoten; 2008-10-10 at 15:52.
Old 2008-10-10, 15:19   Link #97
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Then Hell Arc or Rescue Chad Arc ensues
...or both combined?

And yeah, Chad is next. Heck, he's the only one of Ichigo's group that didn't get kidnapped in the anime, and he's also the one in Ichigo's group that needs the most attention right now(and a DECENT powerup that won't end in defeat an ep or two later)

...though I doubt he'd have anything to confess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Somehow I get the feeling that Kishimoto will switch the scenes to Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra for the next chapter.
*nudge* *nudge*

Um...
Old 2008-10-10, 15:33   Link #98
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Naw, Chad pulls the strings on the Aizen puppet. That's why everything HM is in spanish. LOL

Maybe Tatsuki? Or is she reserve for the king’s realm? Wait, what happened to the little mission they are supposed to be on?
Old 2008-10-10, 16:56   Link #99
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I'd rather see her be the one to fight Gin. But, I ship Toshiro/Matsumoto so I know I'm biased.
Old 2008-10-10, 18:08   Link #100
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
...or both combined?

And yeah, Chad is next. Heck, he's the only one of Ichigo's group that didn't get kidnapped in the anime, and he's also the one in Ichigo's group that needs the most attention right now(and a DECENT powerup that won't end in defeat an ep or two later)

...though I doubt he'd have anything to confess

*nudge* *nudge*

Um...
seems you forgot the mod soul arc where he was and replaced by Cloud.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion