AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 00:06   Link #4921
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDi1M...&feature=g-u-u

44th episode is up, remind me why Lacus thought it was a good idea to fire at the ZAFT ships?
Old 2012-10-19, 01:27   Link #4922
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDi1M...&feature=g-u-u

44th episode is up, remind me why Lacus thought it was a good idea to fire at the ZAFT ships?
Because she's in her Zone. Just look at her expression LOL.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:25   Link #4923
bio9205
Reborn

Damn, they really showed Fllay on top of Kira...

Anyway, pretty emotional episode. Although Kira's an idiot. Yes, you heard the voice of your old sex buddy on the intercom. And that means you can just forget about the battle? Really like Athrun for staying level headed here, although there isn't much for him to emo over, but still.

Also, nice to see one of the druggies do something OTHER than fighting.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:33   Link #4924
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
And that means you can just forget about the battle? Really like Athrun for staying level headed here, although there isn't much for him to emo over, but still.
Don't forget that Kira is not a soldier. He has no discipline on the battlefield.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:26   Link #4925
monster

At 6:03, did Kira just kill an M1 Astray pilot or is that pilot dead already?

Kira's cry is funny, but yay for Find the Way, makes the whole scene so sad in a good way.

Also, a couple of things:

Someone once asked why Cagalli had to be taken out of the room while Lacus got to stay. Well, as we can see, Kira wasn't ready yet to discuss their parents at that moment.

Also, someone (maybe a different someone) also asked about Lacus' ring. Well, as we can see, Kira was wondering if he should be alive. He even has the tendency to be reckless and allow himself to almost be killed. Lacus wants him to know that she was happy to have met him and that she wants to live (and even stay with her).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 01:16   Link #4926
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

I just wanted to share this with you guys if you haven't seen it already.

Even though it's mostly CG to advertise Gunpla, the Freedom vs Impulse fight was better than all the fight scenes in Destiny combined. Actually better than a lot of recent Gundam fight scenes.

Basically it's what should have been animated in Destiny instead of that horrendous stock footage. The action starts at around 0:57

If they ever make a Destiny remake or movie, they definitely need to put something like that.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by zeroexia; 2012-10-20 at 01:31.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 03:49   Link #4927
Zeydra
A random passerby

Dang, that CG looked great. I've been against the idea of Gundam going CG up until now, but if they did go that route and things looked that fluid I might change my mind.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 05:09   Link #4928
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
I just wanted to share this with you guys if you haven't seen it already.

Even though it's mostly CG to advertise Gunpla, the Freedom vs Impulse fight was better than all the fight scenes in Destiny combined. Actually better than a lot of recent Gundam fight scenes.

Any thoughts?
It may have been the most Solid Fight but people still complain about it because it was also the most Bull****. They litearlly Nerfed the Freedom so it could be taken out. They treated that fight like Freedom had no other Weapons. No use of Railgun, No use of Plasma. At some points it look liked Impulse was out maneuvering Freedom!

In that video Freedom is performing like it's supposed to and actually uses it's other Weapons. The people behind that video even see this. And all this for what? Just to make way for Strike Freedom but not like the way we got it. If they do a Remaster they should change up that fight to something like this.
Old 2012-10-20, 10:03   Link #4929
monster

Quote:

Basically it's what should have been animated in Destiny instead of that horrendous stock footage. The action starts at around 0:57
The mobile suits look good, but the fight choreography, while still good, isn't anything special for a SEED/Destiny battle. Of course, much of that has to do with the length.
Old 2012-10-20, 15:59   Link #4930
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The mobile suits look good, but the fight choreography, while still good, isn't anything special for a SEED/Destiny battle. Of course, much of that has to do with the length.
The problem with SEED/DESTINY choreography was that there was too much stock footage being repeated over and over again. If there was more original footage, I don't think DESTINY would have been as hated.

If the animation quality of Gundam Unicorn or even Gundam 00 was used to remake SEED/ Destiny and without stock footage, I honestly believe it would give rise to some of the best action ever.

The best action scenes from SEED were when the fluidity of the pilots' piloting was shown. They could transition from dodging to attacking extremely quickly and continue the momentum. The video exemplified that in how the Impulse and Freedom moved.

Although some may dislike it but I really like the acrobatic maneuvers of the Freedoms and was disappointed when they merely repeatedly used stock footage instead or not even show those maneuvers like in the show's version of the Freedom vs Impulse fight.

Where was Kira's beam dodging? He was able to dodge DRAGOONs with over 40 beam nozzles but he can't dodge a beam rifle or even a rocketing upper piece of the impulse?

DESTINY needs a remake, getting rid of all the stock footage. I'm sure that if all the stock footage was replaced and some parts of the story clarified, then people will actually stop hating it and like it more.

But unfortunately, most of DESTINY is stock footage.
Old 2012-10-20, 16:11   Link #4931
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
It may have been the most Solid Fight but people still complain about it because it was also the most Bull****. They litearlly Nerfed the Freedom so it could be taken out. They treated that fight like Freedom had no other Weapons. No use of Railgun, No use of Plasma. At some points it look liked Impulse was out maneuvering Freedom!

In that video Freedom is performing like it's supposed to and actually uses it's other Weapons. The people behind that video even see this. And all this for what? Just to make way for Strike Freedom but not like the way we got it. If they do a Remaster they should change up that fight to something like this.
I agree that fight was pretty bad. Honestly it would have made more sense if Shinn was given the Destiny Gundam and used it to destroy Freedom or even more so, the Impulse got wrecked in the first attempt to destroy Freedom and so Shinn is given the Destiny to defeat Freedom.

It also makes more symbolic sense if you think about it. Shinn gives up his free-will, or Impulse Gundam, to be a slave to the Destiny the Chairman gives him, or Destiny Gundam, and in doing so, he destroys his Freedom, the Freedom Gundam.

A fight between Freedom and Destiny would have been more evenly matched, although the vastly superior tech of the Destiny would have given Shinn a victory.

It would be nice to see the reactions of Kira to a mobile suit that maneuvers better than him and actually show that he can still adapt like in the original SEED where he adapted to the greater speed of the dog mobile suits and the underwater mobile suits.
Old 2012-10-20, 16:17   Link #4932
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post

The whole reason Shinn beat Kira in that battle was because Kira was occupied with protecting the Archangel and couldn't fully focus on their battle, as shown in the actual battle away with Shinn blocking his path screaming " Don't run away "

Honestly if they redid the battle and had Shinn defeat Kira without him being distracted and Kira using Freedom's arsenal to the fullest we'd have a shitstorm on every Seed related thread on every forum until the end of time. i hope to god they don't redo that battle. lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:10   Link #4933
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly if they redid the battle and had Shinn defeat Kira without him being distracted and Kira using Freedom's arsenal to the fullest we'd have a shitstorm on every Seed related thread on every forum until the end of time. i hope to god they don't redo that battle. lol
There's more to what I mean with that post. And I know there would be an Apocalypse if they had Kira go all out using Freedom to it's full potential and still lose, im aware of that.

What i'm saying is redo the entire Fight and the Overall Outcome.1. Both pilots going all out, both at full potential. 2. Have both pilots Take each other out(not killed). This way everyone can be satisfied and not feel like they been cheated, better and more believable outcome, and transition to Kira eventually getting Strike Freedom.

No Bull. No Hocus Pocus. No Distractions. Just a Great Fight with a more Believable, Satisfying, Outcome/Conclusion.

Is that so Wrong?
Old 2012-10-20, 18:05   Link #4934
monster

Quote:
The problem with SEED/DESTINY choreography was that there was too much stock footage being repeated over and over again. If there was more original footage, I don't think DESTINY would have been as hated.

If the animation quality of Gundam Unicorn or even Gundam 00 was used to remake SEED/ Destiny and without stock footage, I honestly believe it would give rise to some of the best action ever.

The best action scenes from SEED were when the fluidity of the pilots' piloting was shown. They could transition from dodging to attacking extremely quickly and continue the momentum. The video exemplified that in how the Impulse and Freedom moved.

Although some may dislike it but I really like the acrobatic maneuvers of the Freedoms and was disappointed when they merely repeatedly used stock footage instead or not even show those maneuvers like in the show's version of the Freedom vs Impulse fight.

Where was Kira's beam dodging? He was able to dodge DRAGOONs with over 40 beam nozzles but he can't dodge a beam rifle or even a rocketing upper piece of the impulse?

DESTINY needs a remake, getting rid of all the stock footage. I'm sure that if all the stock footage was replaced and some parts of the story clarified, then people will actually stop hating it and like it more.

But unfortunately, most of DESTINY is stock footage.
Still, the Freedom vs Impulse fight in the ad only consists of the two clashing blades and then flying with one firing its CIWS. That's not something I would consider as being better than all the fight scenes in Destiny combined. The graphics quality aside, I'd take many of Destiny's fight scenes, with the stock footage, over just that.

So I'll say it again: It looks good, but it's nothing special for a SEED/Destiny fight.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:03   Link #4935
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Still, the Freedom vs Impulse fight in the ad only consists of the two clashing blades and then flying with one firing its CIWS. That's not something I would consider as being better than all the fight scenes in Destiny combined. The graphics quality aside, I'd take many of Destiny's fight scenes, with the stock footage, over just that.

So I'll say it again: It looks good, but it's nothing special for a SEED/Destiny fight.
I understand that you personally don't but I personally felt it was better. Of course one fight scene isn't better than an entire show, a slight exaggeration but I was just pointing out that the fight scenes in DESTINY could have been much better if there was actual new scenes instead of stock footage.

Destiny even used stock footage from SEED, just recolored or modified to fit the new mobile suits. That's an even greater problem than SEED had, which used stock footage of itself. I mean a sequel using the stock footage of its predecessor is sad.

This PV actually created new fight sequences instead of copying from the show, fight sequences that I felt Destiny should have had.

On a side note, was the problem with Destiny's animation really due to Morosawa being late on scripts? That they couldn't make new animation because of the short time they had due to her lateness. Or was there another reason? I haven't seen any other Gundam series with such bad animation, full of stock footage, as Destiny. If so, any new CE honestly should not have her again.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:28   Link #4936
monster

Quote:
This PV actually created new fight sequences instead of copying from the show, fight sequences that I felt Destiny should have had.
Destiny did have new fight sequences. However, you can't just compare a brief ad to a TV series over something like a "new" fight sequences when it's obviously going to be much easier to have new fight sequences for the much shorter piece.

Besides, clashing sabers and firing CIWS are things that have been done in SEED/Destiny anyway, considering they're regular moves. So even if it's not an exact copy of a previous scene (or stock footage), it's still not something as praiseworthy as you're making it out to be.
Old 2012-10-21, 01:28   Link #4937
Washu-Chan