AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 17:42   Link #741
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
There is no way Eru can be a yandere, I don't know how someone came up with that idea.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 18:11   Link #742
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

People have been watching too much Mirai Nikki and seeing things when they see glowing eyes.
Old 2012-04-26, 20:58   Link #743
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People have been watching too much Mirai Nikki and seeing things when they see glowing eyes.
That's probably why. Haha!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:48   Link #744
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I can't wait to see the ED, I hope it's a memorable one!
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 05:45   Link #745
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

So now we have a 2-line plot synopsis and staff list out for episode 2-7. I won't link to it, but some key things:

- Except for the FMP author Gatoh Shoji, Hyouka's episode screenwriters so far are all Kyoani in-house. Kyoani's scriptwriters write exclusively for Kadokawa/Kyoani anime works(Haruhi, Lucky Star, etc). While for their TBS works(K-On!, Key anime) external writers are employed.

- Hardcore fans should watch out for episode 5, which will be done by Yoshiji Kigami and Yukiko Horiguchi, two of the biggest people at Kyoani right now. Its the first time the two worked together on an episode like this.

I myself wait with great anticipation for episode 7.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:03   Link #746
teja208
Critical fanboy

Actually, I’m not surprise seeing people rejecting the idea of Eru being a yandere and plus it’s way too early to tell.

Anyway, just from first episode, all I can say is Eru pretty much has Houtarou under her control. You know how yandere likes to keep her man within her grasps right? That is not to say for certain that she will turn into one by the end of the series, but I do believe she has potential. Some of her actions seemed suspicious:

-Why bother memorizing Houtarou’s name? A person who only shares one class with her as though she has taken interest in him not to mention he's probabily the least interesting guy in school

-Join classic club due to personal reason in which she want to kept it a secret. Moreover, if the club is on the verge of closing there shouldn't be any posters of fliers so it's like she deliberately waiting there for someone to show up

-Stop Houtarou before he leaves and charm him with her magical glowing eyes

-Out of all the students, she ask Houtarou, the least productive guy in school, to help her solving the locked door mystery

-When Houtarou is about to turn down the offer to join the classic club, she hypnotize him yet again with her overly large purple eyes

-She may not be the one starting it, but she could likely be the one spreading the piano rumor so she can have an excuse to chat with Houtarou

-She achieve all this without being forceful like Haruhi

-She’s quite mysterious herself

Guess I’ll leave it here for now until I've seen more episodes.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:26   Link #747
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Actually, I’m not surprise seeing people rejecting the idea of Eru being a yandere and plus it’s way too early to tell.

Anyway, just from first episode, all I can say is Eru pretty much has Houtarou under her control. You know how yandere likes to keep her man within her grasps right? That is not to say for certain that she will turn into one by the end of the series, but I do believe she has potential. Some of her actions seemed suspicious:

-Why bother memorizing Houtarou’s name? A person who only shares one class with her as though she has taken interest in him not to mention he's probabily the least interesting guy in school

-Join classic club due to personal reason in which she want to kept it a secret. Moreover, if the club is on the verge of closing there shouldn't be any posters of fliers so it's like she deliberately waiting there for someone to show up

-Out of all the students, she ask Houtarou, the least productive guy in school, to help her solving the locked door mystery

-When Houtarou is about to turn down the offer to join the classic club, she hypnotize him yet again with her overly large purple eyes

-She may not be the one starting it, but she could likely be the one spreading the piano rumor so she can have an excuse to chat with Houtarou

Guess I’ll leave it here for now until I've seen more episodes.
Nice try

Now I just got this image of Eru's tentacle hairs trying to compromise Houtarou's virtues for not having solved a mystery

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:59   Link #748
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Are there any plans for this being licensed for a simulcast?
Old 2012-04-27, 13:09   Link #749
Random Wanderer

Quote:

-Photographic memory.

-Got nothing on this one yet, but keep in mind that Houtarou is also joining the club due to personal reasons that he hasn't told her.

-Since she doesn't exactly see them, she may not know how entrancing her eyes are.

-He was there.

-She didn't know he was about to turn it down. She'd just been told that he had filled out the slip to join it.

-She spread the rumor to whatshisname, but that's because she's fascinated by unsolved mysteries.

-What has that to do with anything?

-We know more about her than we do about the main character's friend. Keep that in mind before you start being suspicious of people because they're "mysterious."
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:18   Link #750
Shadow5YA

Eru being a yandere is... quite the logical leap there.

I do think there is some mystery behind her identity, like if she is connected to Houtarou's sister in any way to where Houtarou was arranged to meet with Eru. However, to say she is crazy seems kind of paranoid.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 14:03   Link #751
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say it was an utter surprise to finish watching the episode and first off see Eru being called a yandere . Definitely didn't read the first episode like that at all. The girl definitely has an amazing ability to pull Houtarou into taking action, but I'm not reading anything yandere into it. Do like how the series visually shows how she can pull him in. He just can't outright turn her down or have her be disappointed.

Do like Houtarou's character so far. Not a guy who looks down on those who are fired up, but just isn't that fired up himself most of the time. A pretty impressive person though when he gets motivated to do something. Think he's got a good friend too; Someone that can see through him and balance out his "low-power."

Series definitely got my attention with the first episode and I'm looking forward to what happens next.
Old 2012-04-27, 14:18   Link #752
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Except for the FMP author Gatoh Shoji, Hyouka's episode screenwriters so far are all Kyoani in-house. Kyoani's scriptwriters write exclusively for Kadokawa/Kyoani anime works(Haruhi, Lucky Star, etc). While for their TBS works(K-On!, Key anime) external writers are employed.
To clarify, the KyoAni staff writing scripts aren't strictly scenarists, but have regular production roles, such as key animation, storyboard/direction, and project management. I guess the arrangement gives them a greater sense of ownership over the final product.

The lead writer is always external.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:12   Link #753
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I myself wait with great anticipation for episode 7.
Mind sharing what makes you so eager for the seventh episode or is too spoiler-heavy to do so?
Old 2012-04-27, 18:49   Link #754
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Mind sharing what makes you so eager for the seventh episode or is too spoiler-heavy to do so?
Without giving anything away, it's something KyoAni hasn't done in a long time. I too am curious how they'll handle this episode.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:49   Link #755
brocko

@ Dextro: Because it's got some big gun staffers working on it I think someone mentioned.

EDIT: lol at when we first meet Eru. 10,000 frames per minute, because we can - KyoAni

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:59   Link #756
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

@SRanger unfortunately, not as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Until she starts laughing like this, I think it is safe to assume that she's a genuinely nice girl. Just maybe a bit naive. Based on what Satoshi said, she is definitely a book-smart girl. Now whether or not she is street-smart, that is another issue.

Cheers.
I'd really love for her to turn out to have some sort of street-smartness, even if it's unlikely (though more likely than her turning out to be a yandere ... seriously I turn around for a second and already ) it would add a bit more of an interesting layer to her if there is more to the rich, bookworm nice girl and there was bit of a manipulative side to her (how many people had fallen for the eyes?) not that I expect her to be forcing people into things they don't want, just that she's used to using her natural abilities to get her way with having fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Spoiler for ep. 1:
Good points, though I still don't know if he really has potential or if he is simply an underachiever who doesn't really think things through (wasting more energy on trying to not waste energy :P) in any case, he does indeed seem to be bit smarter than the avg. student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmadadna hadi View Post
Indeed, this show made me realize how often this theme is found in anime, a character muffled by habit becoming "freed" through the charm of another, a finding of self basically. Cannot say regarding old mysteries though.
I starting to think it's something that crossed over from the Magical girlfriend-shows into the more recent mystery anime, considering how the main draw in a mystery story is going to be the detective (or the person assuming that role) and just crossing it with the cute girl trope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Haha, maybe they are, I certainly got the feeling they had something going on there in that front with the conversation about Houtarou not acting like his usual self, despite all the "lies" he came up with to justify the creation of a new mystery.
I don't really ship anyone in this show as of yet, but I do agree that the way the scene played out it did seem like he was love struck (or just plain struck ) by her ... I don't know if it'll play out for the two to become lovers in the future (it could be if we go by how other shows from the same genre often turn out) and honestly, I wouldn't mind it. The two certainly have a lot of nice chemistry between them, and I think she will have a good effect on Houtarou.

Also, her dad is rich apparently, therefor we must assume he is an evil business man who likes to eat puppies for breakfast. Just to be on guard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
According to the official site synopsis it's a

Spoiler for series spoilers, might change your entire views:
Old 2012-04-27, 22:26   Link #757
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Without giving anything away, it's something KyoAni hasn't done in a long time. I too am curious how they'll handle this episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
~~ Just to be on guard.
According to the official site synopsis it's a

Spoiler for series spoilers, might change your entire views:
First thought that came to mind was giant mecha (TSR).

Well, at least it is still from the same series (Fumoffu), and I remember the extremes they went in creative censoring. KyoAni prescribes to the Alfred Hitchcock method of tantalising through keeping it covered up.

"It's what you cannot see that makes it intriguing."

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-28, 02:39   Link #758
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Ecchi fanservice?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 09:59   Link #759
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Ecchi fanservice?
Somehow I can't see that in a series that plays classical music. Prob a mystery at the hot springs with Kanon 2006 level fanservice.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:20   Link #760
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

My girlfriend is the one that start to watch it..

i just want to say it..Eru has the best eyes i've ever seeIf you look at them for too long, they hypnotize you

and her personality is really good exactly the opposite of the M.C

a good start..i think...

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life