Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 14:23   Link #6141
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Definitely went the extra mile for the first episode, didn't they?
Well, it's the first episode. You gotta draw some attention by making it a bit flashy .
Old 2013-03-29, 14:32   Link #6142
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Comparison Pics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't wanna sound like out suity friend, but Bandai please give me a MG zaku warrior

i'm gonna love to rewatch seed destiny! It may not be the best gundam series, but it has the best designs by far

Destiny had a really great opening episode
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:34   Link #6143
tetsuo69

looks good ^^ can't wait for the next one
Old 2013-03-29, 14:57   Link #6144
quagmire

Quote:
Definitely went the extra mile for the first episode, didn't they?
It will probably be the same as the Seed remaster. Will have some goodies up through the Orb invasion. Then goodies will stop and will just be touch ups of the original scenes......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 15:00   Link #6145
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The third image down on the left really reminds me of Wing (the series, not necessarily the Gundam) for some reason. I'm glad they change it to the one on the right (not saying I don't like Wing).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 15:14   Link #6146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It will probably be the same as the Seed remaster. Will have some goodies up through the Orb invasion. Then goodies will stop and will just be touch ups of the original scenes......
Oh, I don't doubt it. And of course they won't improve the story past the halfway mark, so it's kind of disappointing altogether.
Old 2013-03-29, 15:19   Link #6147
monster

Quote:
Oh, I don't doubt it. And of course they won't improve the story past the halfway mark, so it's kind of disappointing altogether.
Are you really disappointed that a remaster is not behaving like a remake?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 15:38   Link #6148
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The third image down on the left really reminds me of Wing (the series, not necessarily the Gundam) for some reason. I'm glad they change it to the one on the right (not saying I don't like Wing).

lol I also thought it looked like a shot from Wing. I guess it's because of the high contrast and saturation.

I gave this episode a 7/10 back in 2004 and I don't think i'm going to change that. It's an ok episode, not a great one (like that of Seed), but it get's the job done. They introduced a lot of importent characters in one episode and the introduction is actually pretty decent. They even hinted at the relationship between same of the characters.

The new animation looks fine.. but it looked pretty good to begin with. I still don't think they will add enough new footage to make the serie overal more enjoyable, but it's a good start. We'll see how much new footage they'll add after the first 12 - 15 episodes, because that's when the quality really drops.
Old 2013-03-29, 15:41   Link #6149
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are you really disappointed that a remaster is not behaving like a remake?
No, I'm disappointed in Destiny altogether thanks to the second half. It's a narrative trainwreck created by the fact that the execs made a guy with no more Gundam ideas make a sequel and further damaged by bad endgame characterization and fan pandering.

I'll take a fixed/repaired story over prettier pictures any day.
Old 2013-03-29, 15:51   Link #6150
T-T-Thunder!

Most of the new shots shown in those examples weren't specially-made for the Remaster.

It's just jacked-footage from the Special Edition movie.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 16:36   Link #6151
justavisitor

it seems like they change os screen as well...before they had the word "nuclear" before changing it to "network" and now it's just "network" right away...which is good because no one really pays attention to small things (and it helps the chairman to have a better reputation XD)

I always think 75% of the problem in destiny is due to the reused scene...I wonder how much effort they are willing to spend so we can get more new battle scenes
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:09   Link #6152
Aquaman OS

I'm surprised they're bothering this early. Early Destiny's footage was fine. It wasn't until mid way that we started getting battles entirely made up of stock footage or slightly edited stock footage.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:09   Link #6153
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
it seems like they change os screen as well...before they had the word "nuclear" before changing it to "network" and now it's just "network" right away...which is good because no one really pays attention to small things (and it helps the chairman to have a better reputation XD)

I always think 75% of the problem in destiny is due to the reused scene...I wonder how much effort they are willing to spend so we can get more new battle scenes
They probably just fixed an error in the original scene since Impulse, Gaia, Chaos, and Aybss are battery powered.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:42   Link #6154
Jellal
Anime Critic

Quote:
No, I'm disappointed in Destiny altogether thanks to the second half. It's a narrative trainwreck created by the fact that the execs made a guy with no more Gundam ideas make a sequel and further damaged by bad endgame characterization and fan pandering.

I'll take a fixed/repaired story over prettier pictures any day.
And here we are, nearly 8 years after its completion...
Do you seriously expect them to pull a 180?

If anything, just be grateful that they decided to clean up some of the mess.
The stock footage was probably the worst thing in Destiny, clean that up and I'll
probably buy the blueray set.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:47   Link #6155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
And here we are, nearly 8 years after its completion...
Do you seriously expect them to pull a 180?

If anything, just be grateful that they decided to clean up some of the mess.
The stock footage was probably the worst thing in Destiny, clean that up and I'll
probably buy the blueray set.
No, but I'm still allowed to be disappointed by it, so you and all the other Destiny defenders can get off my case about it.
Old 2013-03-29, 19:20   Link #6156
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find remake too flashy.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:24   Link #6157
n0m@n
C-Z

I remember in the old one(2004 version), they used Freedom's cutscene for Strike-Freedom's scene. Looks like they will definitely fix it at this rate. I hope they fix and alter the last battle secne. Maybe have Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom lose a limb or something to make it more decent for Shinn and Rey.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:36   Link #6158
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-T-Thunder! View Post
Most of the new shots shown in those examples weren't specially-made for the Remaster.

It's just jacked-footage from the Special Edition movie.
I would say it’s 50-50. I have the Special Edition movies on my hands. The entire Zaku Warrior screenshots as well as the first two screenshots of Sword Impulse are straight up from the Special Edition movie (only with higher resolution and maybe some very minor tweaks). On the other hand, the entire “rise of Gaia, Abyss, & Chaos” scene and the last two screenshots of Sword Impulse’s face and final pose are new HD Remaster material.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:13   Link #6159
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I totally don't remember Shin seeing the dead bodies, let alone it being graphic, did the original have that much blood?
Old 2013-03-29, 21:31   Link #6160
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I totally don't remember Shin seeing the dead bodies, let alone it being graphic, did the original have that much blood?
The TV broadcast long ago might cut things, but Shinn did saw all their bodies + his sister’s severed hand, and it’s pretty bloody and graphic (especially in the Special Edition). It's similar to what you just saw in this Remaster ep.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep