AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 18:19   Link #2201
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Don't. Been there, done the whole moral christian thing. It's all bollocks. Whether you are ready to have sex or not comes down to two things, trust and maturity. having a ring on your finger doesn't change anything.

Anyway as long as they do it right and don't stupidly rush into it I don't see the issue. Of course Yuki is going to have hangups about it initially and Utsumi will be in a precarious position where he cannot push too strong as that will just reawaken the fear that he is going to do what Touru did (this is a big issue as Yuki had known and trusted Touru for years and yet he had betrayed her, which begs the question how the hell can Utsumi amass even more trust than this... it would probably be easier to take some of the blame for what happened to Yuki off Touru.... But then again it doesn't seem like she blames herself so much for having sex with him as she does for trusting him in the first place. I dunno here I guess we will see). However at the same time Utsumi is only going to get frustrated and more tempted if he can't get any. I mean the relationship needs SOME physical aspects to it. He's not just attracted to her mind but to her body also. Anyway I look forward to seeing how SK tackles this. Willing to bet though that they don't end up waiting till marriage (call it a hunch but from what I've seen of this manga it seems very unlikely)
Utsumi is quite trustworthy... I mean he did decline two girls advance just to be with Yuki. Well this marriage talk is rather irrelevant since I don't think the manga or most shounen series will ever get that far. Most usually ends when the pairing are together or final happiness which would be the title of this manga. I just believe that sex isn't the answer although I don't know if anyone here actually implied that since the whole thing started with a joke and now its some serious debate lol.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 18:27   Link #2202
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
To anyone who says Utsumi isn't the type. I say to you, Chapter 46 page 6 panel 3
Read it again I said pushy type i.e forceful, not the type that wants to be a priest. If he was like Keito he'd already bagged Shou and Risa in which both made the first move for his junk...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 10:12   Link #2203
LCeh

Spoiler for Chapter 71:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 20:43   Link #2204
n0c0ntr0l

Chapter 70 and 71 are up!

Sorry for the delay
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:03   Link #2205
jzmagic
flargansbog

Anyone want to take bets on when Utsumi and Yuki will break up?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:30   Link #2206
Xagzan

Oh my god, I was not prepared for that. I mean, I never expected that! To think,

Spoiler:
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:53   Link #2207
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent stuff. A lot of series get stale when the main couple finally start going out, but so far so good. And now that the focus is on Risa, it'll be really refreshing.

Oh, and the extra service is nice.
Old 2011-02-26, 23:15   Link #2208
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
haha every romance manga like this Kimimachi has a countdown to break up... hope not GE
Old 2011-02-27, 03:17   Link #2209
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh God, Eri's "plan" is going to become a modern day Hiroshima.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 04:55   Link #2210
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh God, Eri's "plan" is going to become a modern day Hiroshima.
Hopefully for her this plan involves hooking Risa up with Izumi instead of Kouno because as you can imagine the latter plan would backfire hard in her pretty face now that Eri x Kouno has already been set up.

oh and thanks for the releases @ n0c0ntr0l
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:37   Link #2211
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Hopefully for her this plan involves hooking Risa up with Izumi instead of Kouno because as you can imagine the latter plan would backfire hard in her pretty face now that Eri x Kouno has already been set up.

oh and thanks for the releases @ n0c0ntr0l
I would expect her to use Izumi, but if she goes to Kouno... I will feel so bad for the guy. However, I highly doubt that since she asked to be the baseball team's manager.
Old 2011-02-27, 09:59   Link #2212
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Given Izumi's reaction to Risa last time (and her inadvertently making fun of his height), Eri will have some difficulty convincing him to go along with it.... She may have to trick him, especially with him knowing Risa is the difficult, clingy type he doesn't really like.

Loved the chapters. Nice to see Yuki giving something back to the relationship by going out of her way to walk home with him and calling him by her first name. It was a good way to show that Yuki holds more of a piece of the "love pie" than Utsumi thinks. Though I don't get her hesitance at using their first name at club practice. She says she doesn't mind people knowing, but then says if they found it, they'd start acting weird, which means she really does mind then knowing.

I feel bad for Risa, but she's definitely going about things the wrong way. Quitting and ignoring Utsumi, while good to put distance between them, also makes him feel guilty, which she may not be doing on purpose, but is still a bit mean. It's just going to make things worse later on.
Old 2011-02-27, 10:18   Link #2213
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I would expect her to use Izumi, but if she goes to Kouno... I will feel so bad for the guy. However, I highly doubt that since she asked to be the baseball team's manager.
She's also wearing the little necklace he gave her.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:00   Link #2214
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Loved the chapters. Nice to see Yuki giving something back to the relationship by going out of her way to walk home with him and calling him by her first name. It was a good way to show that Yuki holds more of a piece of the "love pie" than Utsumi thinks. Though I don't get her hesitance at using their first name at club practice. She says she doesn't mind people knowing, but then says if they found it, they'd start acting weird, which means she really does mind then knowing.

I feel bad for Risa, but she's definitely going about things the wrong way. Quitting and ignoring Utsumi, while good to put distance between them, also makes him feel guilty, which she may not be doing on purpose, but is still a bit mean. It's just going to make things worse later on.
In a small group of people, when two of those people start dating, everyone else in the group will start treating them differently. Maybe you've never seen it in real life, but it happens. It might not be a bad thing, or it could make things incredibly awkward, or some people might even end up quitting the club. The chance of something going wrong is just as good as the chance of nobody caring and things staying the same.

Risa is reacting in a predictable fashion. Of course she's not going to want to be around Seiji-kun after he's got a girlfriend, and she doesn't need to be around him. She won't get over him by seeing him all the time at work, or talking to him at school. Especially when he's in his "I've got make everybody happy" mode whenever he sees a pretty face. There's nothing mean about what she's doing. Seiji doesn't have the right to be hurt about her actions, and he shouldn't be feeling guilty. Helping her is nice and all, but doing it out of guilt cheapens the whole thing.
Old 2011-02-27, 11:41   Link #2215
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
In a small group of people, when two of those people start dating, everyone else in the group will start treating them differently. Maybe you've never seen it in real life, but it happens. It might not be a bad thing, or it could make things incredibly awkward, or some people might even end up quitting the club. The chance of something going wrong is just as good as the chance of nobody caring and things staying the same.

Risa is reacting in a predictable fashion. Of course she's not going to want to be around Seiji-kun after he's got a girlfriend, and she doesn't need to be around him. She won't get over him by seeing him all the time at work, or talking to him at school. Especially when he's in his "I've got make everybody happy" mode whenever he sees a pretty face. There's nothing mean about what she's doing. Seiji doesn't have the right to be hurt about her actions, and he shouldn't be feeling guilty. Helping her is nice and all, but doing it out of guilt cheapens the whole thing.
Yeah, among my group of friends, when two of my best friends started dating (they're married now), it didn't change anything. We never really saw it as a huge deal and we were just happy that they were happy. Either way, though, I was just pointing out that Yuki said she doesn't care that they know, but she obviously does care at least a little bit or she wouldn't care what the club thinks either.

As for Risa, I know Utsumi's being an idiot for feeling guilty. He shouldn't. He loves who he loves and he told Risa clearly that he liked someone else. Her hanging on after that was her own fault. Maybe because it's happened to me before, but given the way Risa forced a kiss on him, I don't trust her as much as Utsumi does. I remember one girl who liked me, we were good friends and hung out a lot, but I was going out with someone else at the time. She quit her job (worked at the same place I did at the time) and started ignoring me when I turned her down, even though she knew I was dating someone else and we were just friends. Turns out her quitting and ignoring me were a ploy to get me to feel guilty and try to steal me away. Needless to say, I no longer speak to that girl. So seeing the same pattern here bugs me. :P I highly doubt Risa would do something like that, but past experience has colored my view.
Old 2011-02-28, 16:09   Link #2216
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoilers for 72:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-28, 16:22   Link #2217
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Unhappy

Quote:
Spoilers for 72:

Spoiler:
Frighteningly likely scenario.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 16:44   Link #2218
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Quote:
Spoilers for 72:

Spoiler:
Damn, if your predictions turn up to be true, i can only say i was starting to miss my weekly cup of rage
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 19:08   Link #2219
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Spoilers for 72:

Spoiler:
Geez you really need to do something about your pessimism

Your scenario is fine until a sudden break up Hooking up with Risa? I don't think he'll ever get together with Risa, he's just not feeling her. Also, he's not the type to just break up, he's already at a point where he knows he has to properly communicate with her as he did the last couple of times so I think he'll be fine even though it will be hard at first once the Tooru "arc" starts.

I personally think SK could use Tooru to create a plot in which Yuki can proof to Utsumi that she is over the whole Tooru incident, including Tooru himself, and ultimately show her commitment to Utsumi.

really, just don't emo out on every chapter, GE drama level has been fine for quite a while now
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 20:01   Link #2220
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi