(most valuable movie )
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 20:13   Link #42
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I was just curious if you were aware of something said by Gen or Shinbo or somebody else on the production side of the Madoka franchise.
I am 99.9% certain that it was said explicitly by Gen and/or Shinbo that there were more loops and Oriko is one of them, don't have the quote on me right this second (it's 2 am and I need to get to bed ) but I can go hunting if you want to see the exact quote.
Old 2013-07-05, 00:49   Link #43
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverKnewINeeded View Post
New footage starts 2:22 into the video.

Cue more speculation.
Video isn't working for me. Says it's removed by the user.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:03   Link #44
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Video isn't working for me. Says it's removed by the user.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dxaubb
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 03:08   Link #45
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Excellent, thanks.

That's an evil teaser, really misleading. Really not much to speculate on though.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:05   Link #46
maximilianjenus
[E]

there is also a 2.5 minutes "trailer" floating around the net, it was shown at ann first but sony killed it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:08   Link #47
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
there is also a 2.5 minutes "trailer" floating around the net, it was shown at ann first but sony killed it.
http://www.downvids.net/-quot-madoka...er-425989.html
do you mean that one?
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:42   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Is that a trailer for a game, then, or is it a trailer for this movie?

If it's a trailer for the movie, how does Sony have the authority to kill it?
Old 2013-07-05, 11:45   Link #49
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So wait, is the date now re-confirmed for Oct. 26? Or Fall 2013?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:06   Link #50
maximilianjenus
[E]

@woxx:

nope, it is teh new trailer but it has more segments of the tv show, namely a girl interviewing the animation staff.

Quote:
Is that a trailer for a game, then, or is it a trailer for this movie?

If it's a trailer for the movie, how does Sony have the authority to kill it?
sony owns aniplex afaik, so yeah:

anyway the puella wiki had the trailer I was looking for.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:25   Link #51
Kazu-kun

A Fanmade trailer. I'm posting it because it does have a few actual shots from the third movie:

Old 2013-07-05, 18:03   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For me, this trailer raises three obvious questions:

1. 1:26 - That's the entire main cast, all in student uniforms (including Kyouko). Homura has her Moemura hair style. They're all standing on some hill overlooking some sort of high-tech city and/or heavily industrialized area. I suppose that could be Mitakihara Town itself? Anybody want to take a stab at what this scene is portraying? I think that the most likely possibility is that it's a scene from a previous timeloop, prior to Moemura becoming Homura and also one in which Kyouko is attending school. I suppose it could conceivably be Timeline 2. Sayaka and Kyouko were noticeably absent from that in the TV anime, so who knows what they were doing in it. However, something feels a bit unusual about this shot to me. That city has a darker, vaguely dystopian feeling to it.

2. 1:31 - So... either Madoka Magica is turning into Persona, or Homura wants to commit suicide... Anybody want to take a stab at this?

3. 1:32 - Oriko! That's clearly Oriko. So does that mean she's showing up in the third movie? I guess so! If so, is Kirika with her? And what does Oriko hope to accomplish given that her Oriko manga goals should now be moot for obvious reasons?
Old 2013-07-05, 18:30   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
1. 1:26 - That's the entire main cast, all in student uniforms (including Kyouko). Homura has her Moemura hair style. They're all standing on some hill overlooking some sort of high-tech city and/or heavily industrialized area. I suppose that could be Mitakihara Town itself? Anybody want to take a stab at what this scene is portraying? I think that the most likely possibility is that it's a scene from a previous timeloop, prior to Moemura becoming Homura and also one in which Kyouko is attending school. I suppose it could conceivably be Timeline 2. Sayaka and Kyouko were noticeably absent from that in the TV anime, so who knows what they were doing in it. However, something feels a bit unusual about this shot to me. That city has a darker, vaguely dystopian feeling to it.
Maybe it looks a bit dark because the color is edited, but the original version looks pretty normal:

Quote:
2. 1:31 - So... either Madoka Magica is turning into Persona, or Homura wants to commit suicide... Anybody want to take a stab at this?
A previous timeloop, most likely. Madoka dies (again) and Homura feels like she had enough....

Quote:
3. 1:32 - Oriko! That's clearly Oriko. So does that mean she's showing up in the third movie? I guess so! If so, is Kirika with her? And what does Oriko hope to accomplish given that her Oriko manga goals should now be moot for obvious reasons?
Remember this is a fanmade trailer. Most of the shots are real (taken from the teasers and the two previous movies), but this one is most likely a shot drawn by whoever edited the trailer. You can tell because it's kinda bad quality (and completely static) compared to the rest of the trailer.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-07-05 at 18:48.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 18:31   Link #54
Dr. Casey

Quote:
On what basis do you write this?
There's no room for any extra timeloops during the first three, but the space between three and five is a bit more 'open,' so to speak. Some of Homura's dialogue whenever she embraces Madoka and breaks down in episode 11 could be interpreted as implications that there's been more than five timelines; in the Crunchyroll subs Homura says that she feels as though she's been lost 'for a very long time' (five months not being a particularly long time), and I remember that in the subs I downloaded during its original April 2011 airing, she states that she had to watch Madoka dying 'countless' times (which would be an exaggeration if there's no timelines beyond what's shown in the series, unless of course Homura can't count past four ). It's a very blurry issue though.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 21:28   Link #55
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

To add to what Dr. Casey said, there's also the dialogue from Qball to Homura and Madoka in the last episodes. Essentially, she's done this so many times and failed that the instant she gives up, she'll turn into a Witch due to that collective despair. But at the same time, every loop increases the potential of the next loops Madoka. In short, Homura's wish has the potential to create two powerful Witches instead of just one, and each loop just increases that chance due to how the system balances the power of a wish with the grief it collects/creates. This is likely why he said Homura's wish decreased entropy, since she herself has inadvertently become a negative energy battery. Even if she saves Madoka, the odds of her doing so on the first try are incredibly slim, and her fate will always be to become a Witch so every loop just makes that Witch more powerful. It's a win win for the Q.

Of course, he clearly couldn't account for everything and even he admitted that he doesn't really know the true possibilities of the system since the only thing the Incubators understand about magic is how to harness the negative "pollution" it creates, but given how the events played out I'd say he figured out the specific temporal causality issues with Homura's wish pretty well.

How that plays out into the movie, I have no idea. Madoka's wish basically took all of that burden (and more) onto herself, but because of this she cannot directly interact with the physical world anymore. So assuming at least some of the teasers we've seen so far aren't just flashbacks, something went wrong and the wish was either altered somehow or there was a loophole/weak point that the wish didn't cover.....both of which are most likely being exploited by the Incubators.

That said, I'm hoping the movie doesn't just chew the girls up and spit them out. I'd much rather see an Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi scenario. Minus the Ewoks.
Old 2013-07-06, 15:02   Link #56
Kazu-kun

Welp, the movie's coming to the United States, Canada, and France

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...france-in-2013
Old 2013-07-07, 00:55   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Sorry for the double post but here's the latest teaser. We already saw these scenes though:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-07-07 at 01:26.
Old 2013-07-09, 09:34   Link #58
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

New Site

Idk what they are saying but it looks like Madoka's universe began to fall apart.

Godamn you Urobuchi!
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 13:22   Link #59
Kazu-kun

^ Wow, Homura fits so well in that depressively dark background. I love it!

I can't wait to see Homura in action. I want her to finally be able to save/help Madoka on her own accord, or at least save Madoka's world. Homura deserves to be the hero for once. Besides, I think she needs that in order to fine closure before meeting Madoka again.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-07-09 at 17:25.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:18   Link #60
Jimmy C

Look at it this way, there wouldn't be much tension if the world wasn't threatened with destruction, at least.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka