Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-12-03, 14:16   Link #1
amasposu

Chainsawman

Spoiler for :

Name: Chainsawman
Associated Names: チェンソーマン
Story & Art: Fujimoto Tatsuki (Fire Punch)

Manga-Updates: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151847
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 14:17   Link #2
amasposu

Chapter 1 is scanlated.
Old 2018-12-03, 15:21   Link #3
LG-MAX 2.o

sighs. Jump trying to fit the Western standards ..... I was enjoying the series, until becoming another pussy man protagonist submissive to a strong and oppressive woman.

dropped
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 17:18   Link #4
coded321
He Who Games

I mean it's only just the first chapter, we can't fully conclude the relationship dynamic between the two just yet. That been said, I'm interested, yet also worried because this is the same author behind fire punch.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 22:03   Link #5
zztop

I looked at some of Fujimoto's previous works.

I expect this manga will follow the same "weird and gruesome" abstract story structure of his last titles.

The issue now is whether WSJ's mainstream readers will accept this story, or if it'll face cancellation.
It's pretty dark, but then again Jujutsu Kaisen and Promised Neverland are pretty famous despite their darkness.

(PS. Fujimoto's stories read more like titles from a non-mainstream seinen magazine.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
sighs. Jump trying to fit the Western standards ..... I was enjoying the series, until becoming another pussy man protagonist submissive to a strong and oppressive woman.
dropped
I think Jump's editors are trying to capitalize on the popularity of recent dark-themed titles that gained reader popularity, like Jujutsu Kaisen.

Last edited by zztop; 2018-12-04 at 02:49.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 03:56   Link #6
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I looked at some of Fujimoto's previous works.

I expect this manga will follow the same "weird and gruesome" abstract story structure of his last titles.

The issue now is whether WSJ's mainstream readers will accept this story, or if it'll face cancellation.
It's pretty dark, but then again Jujutsu Kaisen and Promised Neverland are pretty famous despite their darkness.

(PS. Fujimoto's stories read more like titles from a non-mainstream seinen magazine.)

I think Jump's editors are trying to capitalize on the popularity of recent dark-themed titles that gained reader popularity, like Jujutsu Kaisen.
Then they shouldn't of cancel Iron Knight and Red Sprites.
Old 2018-12-04, 06:17   Link #7
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Then they shouldn't of cancel Iron Knight and Red Sprites.
Those titles got cancelled because the Japanese Jump readers didn't vote for them in the weekly popular titles vote.

Jump policy is that no matter how promising the manga is, if it fails reader popularity then it'll be cancelled.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 11:58   Link #8
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post

dropped
If there is anything about this mangaka you cant judge, than it is his works plot after just the first chapter. Read Fire Punch.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-11, 01:11   Link #9
amasposu

Chapter 9:

NSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Too lewd for my eyes.
Old 2019-03-03, 17:04   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Welp, the MC is living the dream.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 05:21   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 05:34   Link #12
LG-MAX 2.o

This series is struggling so desperately to survive in the jump that it is difficult not to admire the persistence.

The first vol sold 25,000 copies for anyone interested.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 05:41   Link #13
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^People just don't understand art
Old 2019-03-24, 05:49   Link #14
James Rye

Isn't 25k okaish for first volume sale of a new manga? Others got like less then 10k and survived for quite some time.
Old 2019-03-24, 10:55   Link #15
videoman190

summery for ChainsawMan

Quote:
"I guess Devil Hunter's the best for making money," proclaims chronically broke Denji, a Devil Hunter-for-hire. With his trusty chainsaw and chainsaw...dog, Denji vies to make it to his next meal; however, nothing is ever as it seems, and things never go as planned.

Madness begins with the story of a dark hero who will rock the world. A new era of devils, hunters, and chainsaws begins!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 13:34   Link #16
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

What worries me about this manga is the fact that it isn't exactly your typical shounen. I'm worried that readers won't see its appeal and because of that, it'll fall out of favour with them, which may unfortunately result in an axing.

For example, while Denji is an idiot, which is typical for a shounen protagonist, by the same token, he's only an idiot because he was denied the opportunity to to go to school. Therefore, he's already different from the traditional idiot MC because there's a legitimate reason given for why he's an idiot. Also, looking at the newest chapter (15), due to their current predicament, normally, your typical shounen protagonist wouldn't be as calm and composed as Denji is. The dude said "screw it!" and decided to take a nap. lol

Another thing I noticed is that Denji can potentially build his own little harem. Considering that this isn't a romcom, this is also atypical for a battle shounen. Maybe if it was isekai, the potential harem would make more sense. We can defo count Makima and Power, but I can also see Kobeni joining at some point after working out her fear/confidence issues. Why? Because we all know that Denji's gonna eventually save her from some life or death situation and he's going to directly or indirectly cure those issues of hers. Either that or I'm overthinking it. Granted, this story is serialized long enough for that prediction of mine to come to pass or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 13:59   Link #17
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But Fire Punch wasn't harem
Old 2019-03-24, 14:27   Link #18
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^I actually never finished that, so I can't really comment on it. I'm not going off my experience with his previous works, what I'm going off is mostly intuition. Will my predictions come to pass? Whether that's the case or not is half the fun.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-04-01, 12:25   Link #19
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This is true humor
Old 2019-04-01, 13:31   Link #20
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^For a sec there, I thought that was an April Fools' prank, but it actually turned out to be a part of the chapter. XD It was so out of place that I honestly thought it was something a translator threw in for the lolz.

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen