AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-22, 13:19   Link #1
SketchyMcChips

Question Green Green?

I've been looking for a comedy anime and i've come across 'Green Green'.

The reviews I've seen have tended to be mixed so I was wondering if anyone who has seen it could tell me whether or not it's worth watching and also whether I should watch the OVA as this seems to have been universally slated?

The stuff i've seen and liked(comedy wise) has been:

Da Capo
FMP? Fumoffu
Iketeru Futari
Love Hina
Maburaho
Usagichan de cue
Yumeria

Cheers guys.
Old 2004-03-22, 16:15   Link #2
7thMethuselah

well, it's you typical harem anime so you pretty much know what you can expect, if you really like the genre I'd say try it out for sure, if only for a few episodes. I believe the OVA actually comes before the actual TV series (chronologically speaking that is)
Old 2004-03-22, 19:52   Link #3
SketchyMcChips

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
well, it's you typical harem anime so you pretty much know what you can expect, if you really like the genre I'd say try it out for sure, if only for a few episodes. I believe the OVA actually comes before the actual TV series (chronologically speaking that is)
Cheers - will try the OVA and see how that is
Old 2004-03-23, 03:47   Link #4
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchyMcChips
I've been looking for a comedy anime and i've come across 'Green Green'.

The reviews I've seen have tended to be mixed so I was wondering if anyone who has seen it could tell me whether or not it's worth watching and also whether I should watch the OVA as this seems to have been universally slated?

The stuff i've seen and liked(comedy wise) has been:

Da Capo
FMP? Fumoffu
Iketeru Futari
Love Hina
Maburaho
Usagichan de cue
Yumeria

Cheers guys.
The Green Green OVA is totally useless, starts like in a middle of an episode and stops (?)... I´ve heard it was made for the game or something, so it have nothing to do with the series.

Green Green TV series was quite good, you may want to watch it.
However, i found a few things irritating...
all the girls boobs are like unrealistic big(like all would have 2-3 silicon), and maybe too ecchi at times. But its worth it.
Old 2004-03-23, 04:48   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
The Green Green OVA is totally useless, starts like in a middle of an episode and stops (?)... I´ve heard it was made for the game or something, so it have nothing to do with the series.

Green Green TV series was quite good, you may want to watch it.
However, i found a few things irritating...
all the girls boobs are like unrealistic big(like all would have 2-3 silicon), and maybe too ecchi at times. But its worth it.
Not Futaba's... those look like a nice real size. Sanae's the lolli-mold so her's aren't unrealistic. But the rest... standard anime-pretty-girl fare.

Oh yes... DO NOT watch the OVA if you want to follow the TV series. It will give you a bad mistaken impression of the TV series. Though the TV series is a standard ecchi series, it can be quite entertaining. The OVA is a piece of steaming turd.
Old 2004-03-26, 22:07   Link #6
Whitey~

Talking

i finished it and i think the first 11 episodes out of the 12 are like super super funny i enjoyed them alot ... im wishing they could maybe get a part 2 but the way it ended i dunno.......

i still say download it its really funny
Old 2004-03-27, 08:00   Link #7
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
Green Green is a great anime serie

Seen the OVA and TV serie.
Chronological the OVA comes after the TV serie

I think you like the anime seeing that list of yours.

Just have to wait for Green Green Erolutions (GG OVA2)
Old 2004-03-27, 08:17   Link #8
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKNL
Seen the OVA and TV serie.
Chronological the OVA comes after the TV serie
Huh? You are wrong. The Green Green OVA is seperate from and unrelated to Green Green TV universe. It is produced much earlier as well.

Even the Green Green Character DVDs are taking place in a sort of alternate universe.

The only Green Green piece that is seemingly placed in the Green Green TV universe is the upcoming Green Green Ep 13 : Erolutions OVA.
Old 2004-03-27, 10:34   Link #9
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
I looked it up and some sites say it's before the actual serie and some say after, others say alternative universe.

And even if it's made before the TV serie it doesn't mean that it automatically comes before the serie.

So that other universe idea is my best gues, weird but sufficient

But the tread goes about "Green Green being good or not" and we are really going offtopic now, GOMEN for that.

Then I will say it twice, it's a sugoi serie
Old 2004-04-05, 19:59   Link #10
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Good Stuff

I finished watching GrnGrn not long ago, and though I'm not normally into that kinda stuff, I thought it was hilarious. Definitely worth the watch. I've seen the TV, but not the OVA (I heard it's alternate univ, and really bad) and I've heard it's actually a pilot for the series based on the video game from a while back (thus, no relation). Bacchi-Gu really annoyed me at times, and sometimes the ecchi got a bit out of hand (though I guess that's what it's all about), but I enjoyed the story overall. Can't wait til GrnGrn 13. Side note: does anyone know when it'll be released, and would anyone recomment the OVA?
Old 2004-04-05, 20:59   Link #11
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Bacchi-Gu really annoyed me at times, and sometimes the ecchi got a bit out of hand (though I guess that's what it's all about), but I enjoyed the story overall. Can't wait til GrnGrn 13. Side note: does anyone know when it'll be released, and would anyone recomment the OVA?
My thinking is that Bacchigu and his trio are made out to be irritating (well they are...) so that when the PE room & bear incident happen, it is just and hilarious punishment .

And no I definitely would not recommend the OVA. No idea on the specific date GG13 would be released. But they stated summer this year.
Old 2004-04-05, 21:57   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think the OVA is quite okay, nothing special, but nothing bad neither. the storylines in OVA and the TV series are independent of each other. The OVA is not that hilarious, but there are some light humors here and there and funny moments, so it's okay to watch. Hmm... seems I'm the only one here who likes the OVA over the TV series

For me the TV series is absolutely bad, it's full of very intrusive "humors" that's more like trying to force you laugh rather than real funny. It's like some guy jumps on your face and screams "I'M FUNNY, AND YOU MUST LAUGH" right into your ears. It's more like a torture for me, most of the time I feel disgusted watching it. It's definitely not a normal harem show, it's a show of meaningless perversion all the time. I suffered through it only because when I start an anime, I always finish it.

BTW I love FMP2, Yumeria, Maburaho, etc. etc. so it's not that I don't like comedy or harem shows, it's just that the Green Green TV series is more disgusting than funny for me.
Old 2004-04-08, 18:31   Link #13
SketchyMcChips

Cheers for the info guys - i downloaded and watched the TV series and found it hilarious.

It was a little predictable at times - but i don't think it hurt the series too much.
Closed Thread