AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 19:56   Link #21
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinUmbra
Guys.. Naruto is a good leader. it's just that no one takes him litterally. They are to busy thinking he's dum like most of you people. Naruto's tactic's when it comes down to it are almost at shikamaru's lvl. He kept his party informed rather quickly in that battle on the boot tho ofcourse it was common knowleage as leader there is no way he could risk not telling them. When it comes down to it tho. Naruto is a good leader. He just can't lead the egotistical and the love struck members of his team. In group battle. Naruto just needs to make his own group. His clones follow his orders to the later and he will win! tactic's is somthing naruto is really good at.
He's a HORRIBLE leader. If they take him seriously it would be worse. His tactics are NO WHERE near Shikamaru's level... He's just creative. There's a difference between creativity and intelligence. He rushes all the time. He doesn't know when the quit. He's just unsafe to be around.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:03   Link #22
ShinUmbra

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
He's a HORRIBLE leader. If they take him seriously it would be worse. His tactics are NO WHERE near Shikamaru's level... He's just creative. There's a difference between creativity and intelligence. He rushes all the time. He doesn't know when the quit. He's just unsafe to be around.
lol, creativity and intelligence are closer then you think. ofcourse you don't take him seriously. I've seen him use tactic's many many times and his rushing all the time and not knowning when you quit combined with on the fly creative tactic's tells me he could own shikamaru who needs to think about it for a bit.. and get a plan of attack.
ShinUmbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:16   Link #23
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
i wouldnt say creative but rather quick on his feet.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:18   Link #24
Yakushi-san

Naruto CAN make last second tactics though.

Look at the way he beat Neji!
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:24   Link #25
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

yeah summoning kyuubi chakra and frontally assaulting Neji's kaiten with nothing but a kunai was a brilliant display of tactics...
In the end Naruto wants to win no matter the cost, he doesn't want to run away, he's willing to give his life if it means he wins. This isn't a good quality in a leader, atleast not one who is supposed to bring back his team alive..
And besides, have you seen the way Naruto wastes his Kage bunshin? I mean they litarally 'die' by the dozens in every fight Naruto goes into..
Now imagine if people where to take him seriously and that instead of clones those wher actual ninjas...
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:35   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Let's be fair, Naruto's ability to think usualy only awaken after he already took enough damage to kill anybody but him.

Actually ShinUmbra I found your point rather funny : you pretty much established that Naruto can lead no-one but his clones
Naruto can be a really good tactician during a fight, but that's all. He thinks with his punch not with his brain.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:39   Link #27
mastersppd
Judoka

I don't remember at any point and time in the anime anyone mentioning that Shikamaru was promoted to Chunnin. Did I miss something? Didn't he give up in the finals because he felt he used too much chakra? I know he beat that fan broad, but he also gave up because he wouldn't of been able to hold her for much longer. Since he gave up that means he can't be promoted right?
mastersppd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:45   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

As the 3rd explained, to win or lose a fight has nothing to do with being promoted as a Chuunin or not.

It's just that if you win you have more fights to show up your skills.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:49   Link #29
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
yeah summoning kyuubi chakra and frontally assaulting Neji's kaiten with nothing but a kunai was a brilliant display of tactics...
In the end Naruto wants to win no matter the cost, he doesn't want to run away, he's willing to give his life if it means he wins. This isn't a good quality in a leader, atleast not one who is supposed to bring back his team alive..
And besides, have you seen the way Naruto wastes his Kage bunshin? I mean they litarally 'die' by the dozens in every fight Naruto goes into..
Now imagine if people where to take him seriously and that instead of clones those wher actual ninjas...
Naruto used a Kage Bunshin VERY effectively against Neji. That's how he won. Don't forget that.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 21:52   Link #30
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
Naruto used a Kage Bunshin VERY effectively against Neji. That's how he won. Don't forget that.
That doesn't change the fact that he would make a terrible leader. He doesn't know when to quit, all of his tactics come at the expense of himself(and thus his teammates), and the only time he does anything besides charge people head-on is when he's about to lose. Most of Naruto's "tactics" only work because of Kyuubi's stamina and/or chakra.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:23   Link #31
M3velez

the only reason that naruto didnot made chuunin was because the judges are biase against him, hell even before the 3rd exam begin they are saying he will lose, and that he have no change against someone like neji, and he is just lucky to have pass the previous exam.
IMO if they invasion did not happen or the 3rd hokage survive that invasion , naruto will have made chuunin.
M3velez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:41   Link #32
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
I have a feeling if Naruto was put in charge of a team his subordinates wouldn't live too long.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:47   Link #33
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3velez
the only reason that naruto didnot made chuunin was because the judges are biase against him, hell even before the 3rd exam begin they are saying he will lose, and that he have no change against someone like neji, and he is just lucky to have pass the previous exam.
IMO if they invasion did not happen or the 3rd hokage survive that invasion , naruto will have made chuunin.
Naruto didn't make chuunin because he's an idiot. Sure when he's pushed to the limit he can come up with a good plan, but before that he just acts without thinking. Now just because Naruto is an idiot doesn't mean he will always be one. He shows that he's actually quite smart when he needs to be, however, it doesn't matter how good a tactician he is if he rarely uses that ability.
Old 2004-09-30, 22:52   Link #34
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Hmm. We've never seen Naruto in charge as a leader, so we're not qualified to judge as to whether or not he would make a good one. In fact, the only data we have where he has acted leader-like is when he outsmarted a jounin.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that since Naruto acts like a moron in regards to his own personal fights that he would act just the same were lives riding on his decisions. The author portrays him one way because he can do that--Naruto sort of has a back-up plan, and Naruto realizes this. However, Naruto also is aware of the importance of his comrades, and in a mission-environment, undoubtedly he would act different. How, we can't exactly say. But we can't say he'd be terrible.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:57   Link #35
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3velez
Look at his actions in the mission afterwards... enought o prove that even withotu being a leader he is a danger to his team.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 23:47   Link #36
XenWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Are you joking?
He can make rasengan and he isn't a Chuunin?
Formally I don't know, but we know he's at that level and beyond...

He's strong, but he's not very resposible. Becoming a chuunin requires more than strength.
XenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 23:57   Link #37
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Kimi Ga Nozomu!! I've always wondered where I'd seen that scene before Kamui... hehe ,sorry this is somewhat offtopic, it's just something of a revelation, I've been wondering about that avatar ever since I first saw it.
Anyway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Hmm. We've never seen Naruto in charge as a leader, so we're not qualified to judge as to whether or not he would make a good one. In fact, the only data we have where he has acted leader-like is when he outsmarted a jounin.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that since Naruto acts like a moron in regards to his own personal fights that he would act just the same were lives riding on his decisions. The author portrays him one way because he can do that--Naruto sort of has a back-up plan, and Naruto realizes this. However, Naruto also is aware of the importance of his comrades, and in a mission-environment, undoubtedly he would act different. How, we can't exactly say. But we can't say he'd be terrible.
Actually think of it this way, let's say you have to decide between two people who are applying for the same job. Neither of these two persons has any work experience, but both have the necessary qualifications. However one of them shows up in a nice suit, hair cut and combed back, well shaven, well educated, poilte, etc. The other guy is badly shaven, shows up in a crumpled orange shirt with a pair of old jeans, long hair, bad social skills. Based on first impressions alone, which do you pick? I'd pick the first one, why? Because usually the way you act and the way you respond to certain situations is a good indication of how you will respond to other situations you're not accustomed to. Naruto usually goes all out until he is on the verge of losing, based on that impression would you allow Naruto to handle a team of ninjas?
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 07:18   Link #38
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

One of the things explained about chuunin were that it is more important that the team lives, then that the mission is accomplished(depending on mission).
You HAVE to realise the risk in that situation and order your team to run, but Naruto couldn't: "Don't tell a man tom run away!!!"

Also: How many times had Naruto healed after being hit by a dangerous jutsu/object?. Not everyone has the Kyuubi.
The best things for Naruto do do:
-Tell his team to go ahead and return to their village.
-Order his team to bind themselves to a rope and afterwards order his enemy to kill them. This way he can get in the 'mood' for tactics and finally make a plan.

Seriously, It takes to many minutes/punches for him to finally change tactics. Manga readers should now in the current fight.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 07:27   Link #39
peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
You know, i find this comment to be quite interesting.

Please define intelligence and creativity for me, and tell me why they are different...

I look forward to your response =)

In practically all of his fights, Naruto has shown a level of creativity that is pretty well up there with what we have seen in the series. Perhaps not at Shikamaru's level, but bluntly, none of the sannins, or any of the jounins (is that the word for Kakashi's class?) have shown anything approaching that level either.
peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 07:32   Link #40
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

They don't have an IQ of 200. Seriously: If Kyuubi posessed Shikamaru, we'd be looking at a guy who had already mastered a large fraction of Kyuubi and learned to use some of kyuubi-only jutsu
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote