AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-16, 17:39   Link #721
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Though Nanoha clearly proves that wrong...Still, it's pretty clear that RH is a superior device compared to bardiche. There is a difference between using bardiche to power up your attacks, and having a device (Nanoha's) which not only powers up your attacks, but telepathically tells you how to activate them. Fate even needs to incite a magical incantation to perform some attacks, meanwhile - Nanoha thinks up the attack, and there she blows.
The incantation is weather control magic, which is a whole 'nother cattle of fish. Bardiche and RH are both capable of the same auto-spells, there is no difference there. Even in the anime Nanoha trained. Off-screen, but she definitely trained with Yuuno as her instructor.
Old 2010-02-16, 17:40   Link #722
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Well moral of the story, RH certainly helps her with her huge leaps in strength, but it doesn't turn her into a God. She can be hurt, but it's unlikely for her to lose to the same thing twice.
More like Nanoha naturally synced with Raising Heart from the get go, from what I recall of the beginning. She still had to train to master her spells, and Yuuno was her teacher in that regard.
Old 2010-02-16, 17:41   Link #723
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

she is still on the path to becoming a demi god(ess) more or less but its true and think about StrikerS she got beat down by Vivio but at the same time Vivio was controlled by number 4 not exactly a fair fight but without yuuno nanoha would have been quite possibly beaten to near death
Old 2010-02-16, 17:47   Link #724
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The incantation is weather control magic, which is a whole 'nother cattle of fish. Bardiche and RH are both capable of the same auto-spells, there is no difference there. Even in the anime Nanoha trained. Off-screen, but she definitely trained with Yuuno as her instructor.
It's still one of her main attacks, and it needs incantation. All of Nanoha's attacks are auto-spells.

Are you saying that Yuuno trained Nanoha off-screen? Well, there is no way to confirm that if it was off-screen...Or maybe he trained her some on-screen in the movie, but I can't confirm that either.

I don't really see the need if you have RH training you with battle simulation.

Quote:
More like Nanoha naturally synced with Raising Heart from the get go, from what I recall of the beginning. She still had to train to master her spells, and Yuuno was her teacher in that regard
I believe the movie changed that. Not the synch part.
Old 2010-02-16, 17:51   Link #725
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I believe the movie changed that. Not the synch part.
It changed Yuuno training Nanoha? Damn.... I can understand with the time restraints, but still.
Old 2010-02-16, 17:54   Link #726
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It changed Yuuno training Nanoha? Damn.... I can understand with the time restraints, but still.
From what I read on various reviews, it all seems to indicate RH was Nanoha's instructor, and she trained using simulations that RH provided for her, while she was at school, and at home. She was always in a daze because of this.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:04   Link #727
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

she did battle simulations in the show but it didnt appear until the second season when she was trying to hit the can i guess the movie adds onto the story line in ways the show didnt is there a link where i can watch the movie or no?
Old 2010-02-16, 18:06   Link #728
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
From what I read on various reviews, it all seems to indicate RH was Nanoha's instructor, and she trained using simulations that RH provided for her, while she was at school, and at home. She was always in a daze because of this.
I was under the impression that she used that method in A's too when Yuuno left. And for some reason I feel like she did some of it during the first season, though I don't really know why.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:06   Link #729
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokoufanatic View Post
she did battle simulations but it didnt appear until the second season when she was trying to hit the can
She does battle simulation in the movie. The original season didn't have this, though.

Quote:
I was under the impression that she used that method in A's too when Yuuno left. And for some reason I feel like she did some of it during the first season, though I don't really know why.
Maybe she did, and they didn't show it. However, this battle simulation is different, I think. Considering she's doing it at school...it should be training in her mind, shouldn't it? And not physically training. Or maybe it's a bit of both.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:12   Link #730
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

it is both cause without training her mind she could not get stronger and if she slacked on the physical part she wouldnt be able to keep up with herself or anyone else
Old 2010-02-16, 18:14   Link #731
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Yuuno is doing some training with Nanoha in the first track of the first Sound Stage... if you care to take that into consideration. That supposedly takes place between episodes two and three.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:14   Link #732
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I do recall her training her mind in the series, though. So even when she wasn't fighting she wouldn't lose the edge.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:15   Link #733
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
It's still one of her main attacks, and it needs incantation. All of Nanoha's attacks are auto-spells.
I'm pretty sure that she can cast them without incantations. Early on she showed that it was possible to skip the incantation phase for spells and whatnot. It's not only Raising Heart casting the spells for her.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:31   Link #734
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Care to clarify? I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:43   Link #735
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Care to clarify? I'm not sure what you mean.
Well, the way you worded it, to me, it sounded as if you were saying Raising Heart was doing all the work. If Raising Heart was doing all the work, Yuuno wouldn't have failed so hard at using it.

If I misunderstood though, sorry.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:47   Link #736
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

its not that raising heart did all the work its more of raising heart being a guiding hand sort of leading her along the right path until she could move on the right path herself
Old 2010-02-16, 19:52   Link #737
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
Well, the way you worded it, to me, it sounded as if you were saying Raising Heart was doing all the work. If Raising Heart was doing all the work, Yuuno wouldn't have failed so hard at using it.

If I misunderstood though, sorry.
It's not that I'm saying RH activates the magic for her, and she merely holds RH in the direction she wants to use it. But, with it, it seems like her and RH are one entity. I mean, she fired STB without being told how to use it. So with her very first try, she fires an S class spell that turns an entire city to dust.

As for Yuuno, he isn't compatible with RH and the world where Nanoha lives - It was restricting his magic.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:56   Link #738
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

Quote:
It's not that I'm saying RH activates the magic for her, and she merely holds RH in the direction she wants to use it. But, with it, it seems like her and RH are one entity. I mean, she fired STB without being told how to use it. So with her very first try, she fires an S class spell that turns an entire city to dust.
neither the movie or the show tells you if she does any extensive training in high rank spells for all we know RH could have told her about it and she was a little skeptical on using it until she felt it necessary
Old 2010-02-16, 19:59   Link #739
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokoufanatic View Post
neither the movie or the show tells you if she does any extensive training in high rank spells for all we know RH could have told her about it and she was a little skeptical on using it until she felt it necessary
Well, we can only go on things we do know. And I wouldn't doubt RH told her about it, but that's pretty much my point.
Old 2010-02-16, 20:10   Link #740
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Why not just consider the words of Yuuno from ep. two.

------
Our powers, called programs, are magical equations that are embedded into executors. The caster's mental energy is needed to execute those equations.

...basic movements such as attacking and defending will happen just by wishing for them.

However, to use magic that requires a higher level of power, you need spells. Open your heart. Your own spell should come to mind within your heart.
------

The title of episode two, btw, is "My Magical Incantation is Lyrical?"

Seems to me, though, the only time she actually uses what might be considered an incantion (speaking out several lines to cast a spell) is when she first gets RH, and she's repeating what Yuuno tells her to. But, to me, that sounds more like it's invoking a contract. That's the point where she "syncs up" with RH.

Beyond that, her incantation simply seems to be "Lyrical, magical..."