AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 14:08   Link #461
butter_sashimi

Wink

The epilogue could be more down the future where everyone pretty much settled down and the image of the cellphone is just a reminder to the audience of wtf happened.

Kotonoha could not be at school cuz of suicide or maybe even jail time as she must have gotten caught now. Who knows, maybe she cleaned up the roof before leaving on her nice boat. Though seeing that there's more evidence of Sekai in the room than Kotonoha, "the world" might be more of a suspect first.
Old 2007-09-28, 14:10   Link #462
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sheba, she was pregnant. Unless Sekai swallowed her mobile, in that scene we're seeing through the baby's eyes.
Old 2007-09-28, 14:13   Link #463
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Well, at least they didn't put dirt on Setsuna.

They could have handled it a little bit better I think. We could have gotten some closeup scenes of Koto and the head on the boat 1-2 episodes earlier, that way it would have had a nice effect. To me, the last scene seemed empty, as well as particularly stupid and pointless, I think it ruins the hole mood. Maybe there's some really big scenes we're missing because of the blood factor.
close up you say the anti violence group might not take that as being funny XD

It is still unsure as to whether setsuna has been tainted by makoto or not...as one of the endings in the game says...
Spoiler for game spoiler:

kokoro is the true untainted character <3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-28, 14:19   Link #464
Nyao
&amp;gt;Enter title here&amp;lt;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nyao
Quote:
Sheba, she was pregnant. Unless Sekai swallowed her mobile, in that scene we're seeing through the baby's eyes.

I'm guessing the baby dies? T_T
Old 2007-09-28, 14:46   Link #465
U<3Anime
Boo!

Wow.....What an ending, but thats what we were all hoping for right? I felt Makoto's death was ruined by the ink blook and flash backs. If only they had him beg for mercy while getting stabbed then that would have been more awesome. As for Sekai, it is just brutal I think she kind of deserves it, since she's also the one responsible for starting the train wreck anyway. Also, she was also lying about her being pregnant or was she? Finally, Katsura, the only person i felt sorry for and the victim of this whole mess. However, after she made out with Makoto, i lost all my respect for her. I assume she dies too in end by sailing in the never ending sea and starve herself to death with makoto on a Nice Boat.

In the end, this is definitely not the best romance anime ever, if not, like my friend said "School Days WORST ANIME EVER" O well, i guess its the stupidity of the characters is what entertains us in this show. Might else well give props for Makoto. If it wasn't this bastard then people wouldn't have followed the show to end to see him die.
Old 2007-09-28, 15:15   Link #466
CJL13
God of his own ego

I see 3 views.

Kotohana lover- Makoto was innocent and meant for her but was corrupted by Sekai. Sekai faked everything to get closer to him and Kotohana is on her way to France to get revenge on Setsuna for helping.

Sekai lover- Makoto is an ass, Sekai wanted what was best for him but fell under his spell. Once she got pregnant and realized what a jerk Makoto was, she tried to convice Makoto to stay with her and stop hurting others, thinking though he was with Koto he'd probably cheat on her the moment he found something better. But Koto and Makoto would have none of it, and she snapped.

Makoto hater- Makoto used everyone and got what was coming to him. It doesn't matter whetever Sekai was pregnant or not, as long as Makoto pays dearly for what he's done.
Old 2007-09-28, 15:24   Link #467
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post

huh? where do you get this idea?
I was tired.
Old 2007-09-28, 15:30   Link #468
zheny

The game School days is remember for it's bloody/bad endings,
The anime school days will be remember for it's bloodier/ very bad ending.
This anime will go down history remember by peoples. which is what the author wanted, also an ending that satisfy most of us.
Old 2007-09-28, 15:30   Link #469
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
in that scene we're seeing through the baby's eyes.

When do an embryo's eyes become functional?
Old 2007-09-28, 16:26   Link #470
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
The epilogue could be more down the future where everyone pretty much settled down and the image of the cellphone is just a reminder to the audience of wtf happened.

Kotonoha could not be at school cuz of suicide or maybe even jail time as she must have gotten caught now. Who knows, maybe she cleaned up the roof before leaving on her nice boat. Though seeing that there's more evidence of Sekai in the room than Kotonoha, "the world" might be more of a suspect first.
Thats assuming that she made it off the boat. For all we know she could have jus stayed there hugging Makotos head. I think the last thing the police would think of is to look for her on the boat. No food no water crazy she probably fell into Tokyo Bay drowned clunching his head.

Iv never been so happy to delete something off my PC. The DVD will have all the nasty lil bits that were cut out, but i think I will pass. Hearing Katsura saw opening Seaki is just too much for me to bare i think it would actually make me paranoid for weeks.
Old 2007-09-28, 16:28   Link #471
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
She wouldnt treat him the same way as Makoto, Because:

1) She doesnt love him
2) She is only using him as replacement.

Because she was depressed and heart broken, she wasnt thinking right, so even though she doesnt really love him, she use Taiske as replacement , because she think all hope is lost with Taiske. She even tries to avoid Makoto the next episode which shows that she thinks, she is a lost cause.

However Makoto apologize and she is overjoyed because she only loves Makoto. She might have even gone out ( at least consider) going out with Taiske if makoto hadnt apologize.

Of course these are just my opinions. Every one is having diffrent opinion on this and ofcourse the nature of this anime is that every one is guessing about what actually happend.
I don't see any indication she "used" him. It was rape. And you can say Taisuke was the one that took advantage of her while she was shocked/confused.

Quote:
I see it as probably proof that she cut open the womb/stomach. And showing from Kotonoha's view would be too gruesome and/or the black blood would make it hard to see what Kotonoha had done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thats assuming that she made it off the boat. For all we know she could have jus stayed there hugging Makotos head. I think the last thing the police would think of is to look for her on the boat. No food no water crazy she probably fell into Tokyo Bay drowned clunching his head.
She may have cleaned up the mess. She at least managed to remove the blood stains from herself. And we're shown Sekai dropping her knife (still had Makoto's blood on it) which is hard evidence that she killed Makoto.
And the knife could be assumed to have been used in the decapitation as well.

Though I've been wondering if Kotonoha is caught, she "killing" the murderer would result in any harsh punishment. And isn't she 16 years old?

Last edited by Nvis; 2007-09-28 at 16:41.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:43   Link #472
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for School Days:
Old 2007-09-28, 17:47   Link #473
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well...so much for a happy ending. But then again, how could there be one with Makoto in such a situation.
Sekai simply snapped (not like Kotonoha though) when she got that last message from Makoto.

And the blood thing...why black? Couldn't they keep it red?

Too bad Sekai and Kotonoha's 'clash' didn't last long. (Where did Kotonoha learn to block like that? )

So to sum it up: Disturbing, yet good ending...may this serve as a lesson to future Makoto-wannabes.
Old 2007-09-28, 18:19   Link #474
Traece
:cool:

Nvis in the US, she'd be just as screwed if it didn't look like she did him, then herself.
... In all honesty, I think I'm going to be single for even longer after watching this. Normally I wouldn't be touched by an anime emotionally but School Days kind of has me scared right now. Or at least I wont have sex for a long, long time...
In agreeance with an earlier post, I also have never been happier to wipe my computer of an anime.
Honestly, I think that hammer(verbal) that Katsura hit Sekai with was probably one of the best scenes they had. I mean honestly, Sekai really was at fault for doing the things she did. I almost felt like instead of Makoto being the villain, it kind of ended up being Sekai. Plus you never know if Makoto really was going to change his ways.
Old 2007-09-28, 18:21   Link #475
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I liked the ending for being something "different" from the harem genre, but surely something was missing.

Its probably because there is simply noone to feel sympathy for because everyone has turned into an asshole.
Makoto is weak stupid cheat cruell indecisive.
Sekai is creazy selfish instable lier and a murder.
Kotohana lost her mind long ago, but while we could only feel sorry for her at first, she surely lost her victim status the minute she ripped off makotos head and killed sekai.

who should we sympathise with in a bloody mess between retards.

If makoto would realize his mistakes after he was stabbed and looks back on the good old days that will never come back, while sekai regrets her action. Thta would probably be a better ending. But the way it is its at least original.
Old 2007-09-28, 18:43   Link #476
adue
★諒&あづさ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And the blood thing...why black? Couldn't they keep it red?

To make it less graphic so that it can be broadcasted...that's what I've heard.
I think in DVD they will be red.

I've been thinking Makoto is the one to be blamed for, but after watching the
last episode I kinda feel sorry for him, and Sekai is the worst---flirting with makoto knowing Setsuna has feelings for him and Kotonoha is his gf and the lie.

Last edited by adue; 2007-09-28 at 18:54.
Old 2007-09-28, 19:13   Link #477
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
I think there are different angles to look at the ending with. From a completely Western/American perspective...

*long post snipped*
Western view. Yeah.
I guess you missed the ka-zillion "MAKOTO DIE" Japanese posts everywhere, including 2ch, blogs, and Niko Niko.
Hell, as a matter of fact, majority of posts related to School Days anywhere in Japan consisted of "誠死ね" (die, Makoto) to the point of becoming a fad to say it.

Western perspective. Right.
We're not as diffrent from you as you think we are, western guy.

I swear, there are lots of people (especially in anime fandom) that seems to have this "fantasy Japan" image in their heads.
Old 2007-09-28, 19:32   Link #478
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

I wish it wasn't Sekai who got to kill Makoto, or anyone. While she was havintg a go at him and Katsura I was just screaming (in my mind) "You stupid sl*t hypocrit! You better get some!" I'm glad she did, but I still hate that she got to kill him.

Favourite moment of the whole series was Kotonoha and Makoto kissing infront of Sekai. Was just kind of a final "What comes around, goes around" to her. In all fairness I wanted Kotonoha to take off her Makoto-tinted glasses and kill both him and Sekai
Old 2007-09-28, 19:33   Link #479
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adue View Post
To make it less graphic so that it can be broadcasted...that's what I've heard.
I think in DVD they will be red.

I've been thinking Makoto is the one to be blamed for, but after watching the
last episode I kinda feel sorry for him, and Sekai is the worst---flirting with makoto knowing Setsuna has feelings for him and Kotonoha is his gf and the lie.
*sigh* i guess checking twice should be better than deleting my earlier post thinking i was crazy enough.

to reiterate what i deleted before:
No, Sekai didn't know about setsuna's feelings. Sekai didn't have any clue considering her reaction, and Setsuna didn't want to reveal anything either.
This revelation was another factor of her breakdown, and that's why when the imagination revealed the masked narrator as Setsuna, Sekai broke down.

Again, in anime, blush is a clear hint that character is embarassed/in love. However, it is not noticed by the other characters or mistaken, 90% most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Western view. Yeah.
I guess you missed the ka-zillion "MAKOTO DIE" Japanese posts everywhere, including 2ch, blogs, and Niko Niko.
Hell, as a matter of fact, majority of posts related to School Days anywhere in Japan consisted of "誠死ね" (die, Makoto) to the point of becoming a fad to say it.

Western perspective. Right.
We're not as diffrent from you as you think we are, western guy.

I swear, there are lots of people (especially in anime fandom) that seems to have this "fantasy Japan" image in their heads.
Nico Nico was probably one of the biggest clear hint, as even in the very first episode, the sheer about of 死ね was just ridiculous
Old 2007-09-28, 20:36   Link #480
jphachiroku

Just some thoughts on sekai's pregnancy....

Spoiler for sekai's elusive child:

I would like to know what you guys think of this and do these things fill up some holes in the plot?

opinions and reactions are welcome!!!
Closed Thread