1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-05, 21:08   Link #521
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvatore View Post
Is lousie a drug addict or something?
Just watched the subs... I liked it... I thought nothing would get my attetion like that after CG but I got wrong...
Yep Louise seems to be on drugs for her nerves... and she has something to do with that boy (green haired I canīt remeber his name) to think that her team was going to kill Saji... Will she ever get to meet Neena??
Nicer episode...
And Setsuna, I donītknow what to say just I love him...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:10   Link #522
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Striking Scene for me was
Spoiler for that:
As long as there is war and corruption, the era of Gundam will never be over. That what I got to say to that bastard pilot.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:28   Link #523
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The anti-personnel weapons kinda reminded me of F91. Just hope it doesn't clone too much stuff from it.

And looks like Louise got more than a new hand. She's kinda like Tieria now with glowing eyes etc.

Still confused about all the Catalan, A-law, Proud crap. Too many new terms in one episode.

And what's up with everything. Wang visiting that green haired dude, Sumeragi not in CB. They really should've slowed down all the new stuff. Too many in one episode.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:31   Link #524
grss1982

Just curious is A-LAW this era's version of the Titans?
Old 2008-10-05, 21:32   Link #525
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I wonder what Sergei asked Soma to consider. At first I thought maybe it has something to do with Andrei but just moments later it was very obvious that Soma has just met Andrei for the first time. If Soma does joins A-LAW and teams up with Andrei I can see Hal going after them like a nutcase.

Exia getting pwned was pretty cool. In ep1, Season 1 it was Exia that sliced up mobile suits but in Season 2 it's the other way around; I guess this is a way to demonstrate how far mobile suits have evolved over the years. *hopefully this has nothing to do with Setsuna's skills.

Wong Liu Mei looks bad with that new hair but Feldt is love~

From the previews it looks like Setsuna is CB recruiter #1. I hope we don't spend too much time getting people back so the plot can get moving. I am looking forward to see why they would chose Lyle to pilot a Gundam. Is it because he is a part of Kataron or is it because there is something him and Neil share (sniper genes)?
Old 2008-10-05, 21:32   Link #526
archzai

isnt A-Laws Livonze/Ribbons' group?

Anyways i still dont get something, was Exia stored on that factory? or did Setsuna someone it from no where? Thats the part that confuses me.
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:33   Link #527
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

I think I can say that Ribbon is in charge of A-LAWS and he put Louise in it, possibly cause he saw her talent and thought she could be useful on the battlefield instead of behind a desk.

But one major concern bugs me: WHERE THE HELL IS ALLELUJAH BEING HELD CAPTIVE AND HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?, and WHERE IS THE KYRIOS?
Old 2008-10-05, 21:34   Link #528
Quen

Got around to watching the raw very late, considering that this is the new Gundam show and I've such a soft spot for Gundam since it was one of my earlier animes I can remember from when I was a young otaku years ago.

Very favorable impression - single biggest thing for me was the "clean" polish of the animation and especially the character designs. Everyone looks great, and the CG blends in very well.

Poor Louise

Wondering what exactly is going on between Soma and Sergei - age difference is pretty wide, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a still adorable Soma housewifing-me no matter how old I was Also possible relationship with Sergei's son, so I'll be anxious to watch Soma's character arc.

Keeping fingers crossed for a nice Setsuna/Marina reunion.

It's great how Gundam is still around after 30+ years, it's like nothing has changed
Old 2008-10-05, 21:36   Link #529
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Just curious is A-LAW this era's version of the Titans?
just for the fun of answering: YES they are in every way the TITANS from Zeta.
Old 2008-10-05, 21:37   Link #530
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Now this is a great way to start a new season. Lots of action and just about every character was involved in the first episode. Looks like theres lots of good storylines beginning for many of the characters, I'm expecially interested in Louise. Also it seems like its gotten off toa faster pace in the begining than the first season. 10/10
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:37   Link #531
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quen View Post
It's great how Gundam is still around after 30+ years, it's like nothing has changed
Agreed and its pissing Tomino off
Old 2008-10-05, 21:38   Link #532
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
The anti-personnel weapons kinda reminded me of F91. Just hope it doesn't clone too much stuff from it.

And looks like Louise got more than a new hand. She's kinda like Tieria now with glowing eyes etc.

Still confused about all the Catalan, A-law, Proud crap. Too many new terms in one episode.

And what's up with everything. Wang visiting that green haired dude, Sumeragi not in CB. They really should've slowed down all the new stuff. Too many in one episode.
More like Nena really. (in 17 and 25) Tieria and Ribbons eyes both have circuits visible when they use the interface ability.

-Kataron is an anti-federation group. (remember what they said they were arresting Saji's co-worker for? And what Tieria said to Saji at the end of episode about being executed if he had stayed there?)
-A-Laws is a peace keeping force established by the federation to deal with "anti-government forces" (was announced on the TV at the beginning of the episode)
-Proud is the colony Saji was working at (they put a label on it when they first showed it, right after Klaus and Shirin finished talking about it) But don't worry, you'll probably never see the thing again.

rest is supposed to be a mystery! And if you want to keep watching to find out whats up with Mei, Sumeragi, etc., then those scenes did exactly what they're supposed to.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:43   Link #533
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

^ episode 2... episode 2
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:44   Link #534
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
just for the fun of answering: YES they are in every way the TITANS from Zeta.
So I'm guessing Kataron = AEUG.

I'm thinking A-Laws is like Titans & Paptimus Scirocco's Jupiter Energy Fleet rolled into one. LOLZ..........Ribbons=Paptimus Scirocco.

Wonder who's gonna be Axis Zeon?
Old 2008-10-05, 21:44   Link #535
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
More like Nena really. (in 17 and 25) Tieria and Ribbons eyes both have circuits visible when they use the interface ability.

-Kataron is an anti-federation group. (remember what they said they were arresting Saji's co-worker for? And what Tieria said to Saji at the end of episode about being executed if he had stayed there?)
I'm wondering if these guys were established when the new world government was organized because if that's the case I'm interested to know why they decided to fight against the government. A-Laws seems to be a recent organization as well and is obviously Ribbon's personal army.

I also noticed that the captain of the Ahead looks exactly like the same union pilot that gave Kinue information about Laguna Harvey.

I have to sympathize a bit with some of the federation/A-laws pilots, they are pretty pissed off for losing so many of their comrades to Celestial Being.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:48   Link #536
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

You guys really think Ribbons is the one pulling the strings behind the A-Laws? Idk it seems a little far fetched that they're actually his private army...

I figured he's just taking over Celestial Being and using them for his own goals, but given that A-Laws are behaving very much like the Titans of Zeta I don't know anymore.
Old 2008-10-05, 21:49   Link #537
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ugh. What the heck do the writer's of this show have against Louise and Saji

Couldn't the poor girl have just gotten a new hand and gone back to live with Saji. Oh well, I just hope they don't have to keep "kicking the dog" with those two, I hope by the end of the show they have a least some sort of happiness, cause they have had some shitty stuff happen them and right now their circumstances lead me to believe they are only going to become more estranged with the paths they are taking. I'm a sucker for seeing innocence destroyed so I guess that's why I find Louise to be easy to feel sorry for.
Old 2008-10-05, 21:49   Link #538
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
So I'm guessing Kataron = AEUG.

I'm thinking A-Laws is like Titans & Paptimus Scirocco's Jupiter Energy Fleet rolled into one. LOLZ,,,,Ribbons=Paptimus Scirocco.

Wonder who's gonna be Neo Zeon?
well, except Kataron doesn't have any gundams, or ace pilots, or new tech provided by a moon based MS manufacturer.

They're closer to the Treize Faction in Wing, which also means a whole lot of them are going to die. Often.

And I assume Ribbons will be the Neo-Zeon side when/if he decides he doesn't need the federation anymore and has his own forces (I dunno, maybe mobile dolls?) try to conquer earth/drop the orbital elevators/cause massive destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
Ugh. What the heck do the writer's of this show have against Louise and Saji

Couldn't the poor girl have just gotten a new hand and gone back to live with Saji. Oh well, I just hope they don't have to keep "kicking the dog" with those two, I hope by the end of the show they have a least some sort of happiness, cause they have had some shitty stuff happen them and right now their circumstances lead me to believe they are only going to become more estranged with the paths they are taking. I'm a sucker for seeing innocence destroyed so I guess that's why I find Louise to be easy to feel sorry for.
this is war. and war sucks. so it's nothing against those two, really. Everyone's lives are just full of an endless series of trauma inducing events and suffering. (just look at the first 30 seconds of the opening )
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:54   Link #539
5_of_Spades

Urgh Sergei's son's voice just sounds so wrong to me. How come I get the feeling that he might turn out to be an asshole? (For a while at least.)

Also rather sad to see a dubious unit like A-Laws popping up so fast after the supposed unification of the world. Putting people into labour camps without trial too. The current government seems shittier than the ones in season 1.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:55   Link #540
jphachiroku

sigh, the only let down for me

WHY o WHY

is china-tan (wang liu mei/ryuumin) not so cute anymore
jphachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote