AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 07:07   Link #16601
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
I'd almost rather not even see the gods show up. It's not like they're really needed for an exciting final battle after all, and they've taken no direct part in the story anyway. Instead just have everyone go head to head against Eri, Freed, several million demonic beasts and zombies, and a half dozen or so Nointos and you can wrap up almost all of the plot lines all at once. If Hajime completes his next artifact the gods get taken out of the equation without being able to do anything anyway, so why not just go with that.

If the gods don't show up personally, the only scenario where Hajime works up the motivation to go after them himself is if one of them abducts or tries to kill Yue for whatever reason. Though since at that point he'll probably be fighting in his new gundam while raining down WMDs I don't think the fight would last long even if they're gods.
then maybe it can be revealed that the "Mad Gods" were none existent after all and were just the delusions of a bunch of extremely paranoid people with too much power and abilities XD
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:07   Link #16602
travelingbum

remember the final arc is going to be either 7:3 or 8:2 filled with fighting......
you can already see how much hero party + kaori is going to be involved.

lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:08   Link #16603
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schion93 View Post
then maybe it can be revealed that the "Mad Gods" were none existent after all and were just the delusions of a bunch of extremely paranoid people with too much power and abilities XD
If that's the case, where did Nointo come from?
theultimates12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:09   Link #16604
havensgate
skull one

This is a must-be-translated chapter....
I would love to read the girls reaction, in detail. And how the author describe hajime's struggle
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:13   Link #16605
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Maybe the mad gods are all just brain-in-a-jars who commands their remaining powerful homunculus puppets or something with their AoG destiny alteration world connecting machines of sorts for all we know.
Old 2015-05-16, 07:22   Link #16606
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimates12 View Post
If that's the case, where did Nointo come from?
Could be the really typical plot twist where the Liberators turned out to be the villains after all. Or they were in fact just the gods themselves playing out one more facet to their game and there never were any real Liberators. There have been some parts in the story where I suspected that the other Liberators besides Miledi were also still alive. They had just chosen to fuse their souls to the labyrinths themselves rather than a golem.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:23   Link #16607
M.A.D

Quote:
If Kouki matures, it could be nice if the Gods tried to get him to join their side, promising him the power to surpass Hajime. At first he accepted but when he got the power, he used them to fight against the Gods. When asked why, he said while he hates Hajime, he is still a hero and a hero have to fight the villains. To him, the villains are the Gods.
The Gods might not even give Kouki enough power to fight them to begin with. His value to them is more or less a chess piece anyway, albeit slightly higher than a pawn's. If Hajime becomes too troublesome, they could give Kouki power with the intention to get him fight Hajime. But as a safety measure, there would most probably be a trigger that can take that power away at a moment's notice. If that can't be done, the power given to Kouki would be weak, maybe barely enough so he could severely damage Hajime without winning, and then some other pawns would step in and finish the job. It's basic risk management anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
... And then he get curbstomped by said gods only to play the part of a tragic/self sacrificed hero. I would prefer if he would fight with his own power. He has the potential, just lacks the know how of how to utilize it. Perhaps if he does mature that would be one of the ways in which he would mature.
I remember from the first or second arc that there was a chapter wherein the narration mentioned that Kouki's limit is 1500 for each stat. That's probably not enough to conquer Orcus dungeon, let alone do anything else. Hajime's stats having gone over 9000 was mostly due to him eating demonic flesh, so even with all his potential being ultilized, it's unlikely that Kouki could challenge the gods if he grow naturally.

Quote:
Well, given that the next arc is going to be the last, the best thing for the author to have Kouki do is a heroic sacrifice. Or he could have Kouki betraying the group like some of us are expecting. I don't really care anymore. I only hope the fight with Gods will be a satisfying one... but I really doubt that will happen.

I do like that but I think it's too late for that. The difference in power level between him and the Gods is too large (If we consider the Gods to be as powerful as Hajime). Even if he knows how to use his power, it won't make much difference.
Haha, a wise person once wrote "I'm not asking for them to live happily ever after, I'm only asking for them to live" - and I agree with that statement. Rather than getting himself killed, when Hajime and Co. decide to return to earth, Kouki offers to stay behind and activate the portal or something. He'd still be alive, just not hanging out with the cool kids any more. Instead, he could maybe marry a princess somewhere and make the other world a better place with his sense of justice.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:23   Link #16608
theultimates12

Quote:
Could be the really typical plot twist where the Liberators turned out to be the villains after all. Or they were in fact just the gods themselves playing out one more facet to their game and there never were any real Liberators. There have been some parts in the story where I suspected that the other Liberators besides Miledi were also still alive. They had just chosen to fuse their souls to the labyrinths themselves rather than a golem.
Plot twist: They were using Hajime so they can invade his world. Do you guys think that can happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Haha, a wise person once wrote "I'm not asking for them to live happily ever after, I'm only asking for them to live" - and I agree with that statement. Rather than getting himself killed, when Hajime and Co. decide to return to earth, Kouki offers to stay behind and activate the portal or something. He'd still be alive, just not hanging out with the cool kids any more. Instead, he could maybe marry a princess somewhere and make the other world a better place with his sense of justice.
Well, he needs to mature first. Otherwise, I really doubt he can make any world better.
Old 2015-05-16, 07:36   Link #16609
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Plot twist: They were using Hajime so they can invade his world. Do you guys think that can happen?

Well, he needs to mature first. Otherwise, I really doubt he can make any world better.
I think since they can already summon from Earth, they don't need Hajime for a potential invasion. Though if they happened to be sealed in their current world and needed someone to break them out I could see that. It would go a long way toward explaining why they haven't taken any direct action against Hajime beyond sending a single Nointo at him even though they supposedly recognize him as a valid threat to their fun.

For Kouki, maturity is essentially going to equate to losing his childish ideas and mentality. In this case, that means the thought of being able to save everyone without having to sacrifice anything in return. If he does come to that realization he could actually go in an even worse direction than he currently is pretty quickly.
Old 2015-05-16, 07:40   Link #16610
theultimates12

Quote:
I think since they can already summon from Earth, they don't need Hajime for a potential invasion. Though if they happened to be sealed in their current world and needed someone to break them out I could see that. It would go a long way toward explaining why they haven't taken any direct action against Hajime beyond sending a single Nointo at him even though they supposedly recognize him as a valid threat to their fun.
My theory is that while they can summon people from Hajime's world, they can't do the opposite. That's why they need Hajime to open a portal for them.
Old 2015-05-16, 07:42   Link #16611
Corvo269

Quote:
This actually is super cliche but makes sense. Gods invade the world, Hajime gets pissed off to no end cause no one fucks with his world, commence epic battle.
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:04   Link #16612
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
My theory is that while they can summon people from Hajime's world, they can't do the opposite. That's why they need Hajime to open a portal for them.
So a Metal Gear Solid twist? Where Hajime opening up a portal back to earth enables the Gods to attack earth? That would turn into quite a "long" arc...
Old 2015-05-16, 08:04   Link #16613
M.A.D

Quote:
That'd be cool! General direction would dictate that Hajime stops them in time and conclude the series, but that might not necessarily be the only outcome.

There could be something like an alternative timeline where they succeeds in breaking through, either secretly or flashy. From there, we might have sequels, either with Hajime dealing with the invading gods in an every-day modern earth, or it could be a post-apocalypse setting where earth was already destroyed. Heck, both can happen chronologically, in two separate arcs, leading to the third one where they struggle to go back in time, and undo the past. The possibility is endless XD

Quote:
Maybe, but sometimes, idealistic motivation might be better than mere acceptance of reality. I imagine in a world where might and magic can dictate a whole Empire, if the current Kouki make it to the top without being tainted by cunning plots and politics, then he could spread that kind of idealistic justice to the world. In theory, Kouki wasn't wrong, and as the ruler, he doesn't overly need to be a good person. He only needs to be a good example, and the people who follow him would be the realistic ones.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:08   Link #16614
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Maybe, but sometimes, idealistic motivation might be better than mere acceptance of reality. I imagine in a world where might and magic can dictate a whole Empire, if the current Kouki make it to the top without being tainted by cunning plots and politics, then he could spread that kind of idealistic justice to the world. In theory, Kouki wasn't wrong, and as the ruler, he doesn't overly need to be a good person. He only needs to be a good example, and the people who follow him would be the realistic ones.
But if someone like Kouki become king, they don't last very long. The "Realistic" ones will most likely backstab or use him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So a Metal Gear Solid twist? Where Hajime opening up a portal back to earth enables the Gods to attack earth? That would turn into quite a "long" arc...
Well, if the author does what we expect and have Hajime to be even more powerful than gods, it will only last a chapter or two.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:56   Link #16615
Durasama
Random Translator

Well.... This whole theorycrafting is nice, but not really realistic. Too many points that just don't really make sense.

Ok, here comes my guess:
We know abou the "Madgods" -> We only know of the human and demon god, maybe there are more.
My guess is that those two gods fight each other using the human and demonrace granting them powers. The human god is able to choose a represantive (Kouki) and the demon god too (Fried). The rest are just extras. They fight each other to prove which one is stronger or something along the lines.
Then Hajime comes and outpowers both represantives greatly. He is "not inculded" in their "plans" and somehow hinders them, because "Instert stupid reason here". At least they don't send anything after him because they realize they can't fight him with a small amount of "Angels".
That would somewhat explain why the liberators exist. They were also once chosen ones and relized their mistakes. And because they weren't strong enough to change anything they decided to give power to the "next ones". They were branded as traitors and took refuge in their dungeons.
My guess is that the "mad gods" can't interfere too much with the world for whatever "instert stupid reason here" and need to choose their represantives they think are most suitable. Fried/Freedo/Friede or whatever (Should be Fried, from "Friede" [peace], german) is a somewhat fanatic follower of his god and Kouki (aka. "Brillliance") is just "JUSTICE" (in his own mind).

Btw. The author has really great naming sense. He really is ironic to most of the important characters.

Everything else would be somewhat too much of theorycrafting. At this point we don't have enough information on the gods. We only know they went somehow "mad". But for what reason or purpose? What did really happen? We may know someday......
Old 2015-05-16, 09:00   Link #16616
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
This is a must-be-translated chapter....
I would love to read the girls reaction, in detail. And how the author describe hajime's struggle
why only Hajime's past was shown and not Yue's?
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 09:03   Link #16617
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayf82 View Post
It's for next chapter?
Old 2015-05-16, 09:05   Link #16618
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayf82 View Post
Spoiler for Reason:
Old 2015-05-16, 10:04   Link #16619
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
If it's not asking for much, could someone kindly translate the entire scene of Hajime's memories of the Abyss?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 11:01   Link #16620
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Maybe the mad gods are all just brain-in-a-jars who commands their remaining powerful homunculus puppets or something with their AoG destiny alteration world connecting machines of sorts for all we know.
....or maybe their just super powerful spaghetti monsters
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel