Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 22:44   Link #4841
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Dat Takane. *dies*
Considering the artefact she's carrying, Dat Takane is on a...

...mission: impossible.

EDIT:

Say, is it just me or has iM@S effectively split in half? The veterans now carry on in Million Live, plus a few extras, while Cinderella Girls are almost wholly newcomers, using some big name voices as hard carries?

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-03-06 at 22:57.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 03:36   Link #4842
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hey guys, pardon the double post, this is effectively a different post:

What's the difference between [M@STERPIECE] and [M@STERPIECE (Movie Version)]? I've been straining to hear it, but both sound exactly identical. And yet the original is about 15 seconds longer.
Old 2014-03-08, 09:59   Link #4843
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

^ In the Movie Version, Ritsuko is not there.
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:18   Link #4844
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Not only that, but there are some parts where different idols sing different parts.

one example:

Movie version 3:41 - You hear Chihaya, then Miki, then Haruka
Original version 3:56 - You hear Yukiho(?), then Makoto, then Ritsuko.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:20   Link #4845
sailorsean

So, I've been thinking about buying some DLC outfits/accessories for awhile now, and I was wondering what are some of the best ones to buy that would raise up the stats of the girls significantly? I really want to Platinum the game very fast. So far I've done Chihaya, Miki, Haruka routes' and I've received their bad endings. It's wasn't until I did Mami's route when I passed the IA Awards and didn't go through Hell Training at least once.
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 11:29   Link #4846
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Idolm@ster Million Live's Animated Anniversary Video Posted

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-09, 13:56   Link #4847
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
So, I've been thinking about buying some DLC outfits/accessories for awhile now, and I was wondering what are some of the best ones to buy that would raise up the stats of the girls significantly? I really want to Platinum the game very fast. So far I've done Chihaya, Miki, Haruka routes' and I've received their bad endings. It's wasn't until I did Mami's route when I passed the IA Awards and didn't go through Hell Training at least once.
Personally, I've found that the super expensive in-game outfits work way better than DLC for statistics. Just make sure you pick characters that are strengthened by said outfits, like by putting Miki, Chihaya or Hibiki in your party.

I think going Platinum very quickly just puts a nail in the coffin; unless you want to completely start over, there's no real midgame challenge anymore at that point. Your funds and outfits carry over no matter what, so starting over just makes that challenge almost completely null and void. I'd personally recommend taking it slow, gathering up funds to purchase those expensive in-game outfits and use the DLC funds to purchase more songs you like. That way the game gets a longer value, I think.
Old 2014-03-09, 19:01   Link #4848
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

YouTube
And now I want a Million Live anime
Old 2014-03-10, 00:33   Link #4849
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If there was going to be a sequal, its gonna be from Million Live, considering the studio is behind it too.
Old 2014-03-10, 08:14   Link #4850
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

YouTube
It's almost like she's talking to MEEEEE like I'M her Producer-san :3
Old 2014-03-10, 10:25   Link #4851
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
As papermario...oh, excuse me, I guess it's Hiroi Sekai now...anyway, as already stated you're better off with going with the in game outfits. As far as I can tell the DLC outfits, accessories, and songs aren't "significantly" better then anything in-game. Not to mention at this point you're probably better off on holding off on buying DLC, prices may go down eventually. Look what they did with the DLC for iM@S SP.

I think we discussed the game way back in this thread and also in the game section:

Game section - THE iDOLM@STER

As far as raising stats go the best oufits are:

Vocal - Palace of Dragon
Dance - Hula ALOHA Girl
Visual - Beyond the Stars, Princess Melody

They're all EXTEND outfits. The Hula ALOHA Girl becomes available starting on your second play through, the rest have special requirements to unlock:

Palace of Dragon: Have a successful Quintet Live with Ritsuko as a guest and clear Produce mode.
Beyond the Stars: Finish Produce mode of Hibiki, Takane, and Miki as the leader.
Princess Melody: Clear all routes on Extra Episode Mode.

As far as accessories go I personally recommend the Star set. But if you're only focusing on raising one stat then you're better off experimenting different mixes. However I recommend using a set.

And for songs the ones that raise all of your stats significantly are:

Vocal: my song
Dance: Kosmos Cosmos
Visual: Little Match Girl, Nanairo Button

Platinuming this game isn't "hard", just time consuming. Personally I think the only trophy that was slightly difficult was the one for scoring 76,500+. Once you figure things out and balance your stats and time your bursts right during the songs then you should be able to snag it.

Otherwise the only problem would be raising your Producer rank up all the way. It goes all the way up to level 10. I'm currently back up to Lv.8 after getting bumped down back to Lv.6 attempting Hyper mode twice. Hyper mode is HARD. Get a "B" rank and they'll still kick you down a level. orz
Old 2014-03-11, 23:05   Link #4852
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It's almost like she's talking to MEEEEE like I'M her Producer-san :3
No, she's talking to me like I'm her Producer. :3
Old 2014-03-12, 00:20   Link #4853
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

She's got a sidetail. Instant dibs.
Old 2014-03-12, 07:10   Link #4854
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
No, she's talking to me like I'm her Producer. :3
goddammit, Meister!

not you too, Hiroi!

:T
Old 2014-03-12, 22:34   Link #4855
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*is too busy enjoying being trampled by Iori for being a bad boy to answer*

Old 2014-03-13, 11:39   Link #4856
sailorsean

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
As papermario...oh, excuse me, I guess it's Hiroi Sekai now...anyway, as already stated you're better off with going with the in game outfits. As far as I can tell the DLC outfits, accessories, and songs aren't "significantly" better then anything in-game. Not to mention at this point you're probably better off on holding off on buying DLC, prices may go down eventually. Look what they did with the DLC for iM@S SP.

I think we discussed the game way back in this thread and also in the game section:

Game section - THE iDOLM@STER

As far as raising stats go the best oufits are:

Vocal - Palace of Dragon
Dance - Hula ALOHA Girl
Visual - Beyond the Stars, Princess Melody

They're all EXTEND outfits. The Hula ALOHA Girl becomes available starting on your second play through, the rest have special requirements to unlock:

Palace of Dragon: Have a successful Quintet Live with Ritsuko as a guest and clear Produce mode.
Beyond the Stars: Finish Produce mode of Hibiki, Takane, and Miki as the leader.
Princess Melody: Clear all routes on Extra Episode Mode.

As far as accessories go I personally recommend the Star set. But if you're only focusing on raising one stat then you're better off experimenting different mixes. However I recommend using a set.

And for songs the ones that raise all of your stats significantly are:

Vocal: my song
Dance: Kosmos Cosmos
Visual: Little Match Girl, Nanairo Button

Platinuming this game isn't "hard", just time consuming. Personally I think the only trophy that was slightly difficult was the one for scoring 76,500+. Once you figure things out and balance your stats and time your bursts right during the songs then you should be able to snag it.

Otherwise the only problem would be raising your Producer rank up all the way. It goes all the way up to level 10. I'm currently back up to Lv.8 after getting bumped down back to Lv.6 attempting Hyper mode twice. Hyper mode is HARD. Get a "B" rank and they'll still kick you down a level. orz
Thank you so much for the help! And, oh wow, that's tough. Is it possible to reach all the way to level 10 without going through Hyper mode and just playing the game in normal mode? I hear Hyper mode can be very frustrating.

Also on a somewhat related note, I have placed my pre-order for ONE FOR ALL! last night through AmiAmi. I saw that they still had pre-orders open, (I thought they were all sold out!) and I jumped at my chance and soon as I could. I got special edition the one with the AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus - The 765 Pro New Produce BOX (w/First Release Bonus) & the Miki controller as well. As much as I wish there were a Hibiki controller, I still like the design on this controller a lot. It just looks so cute, so I thought, why not? I deserve to treat myself! Now, this is the first time I ever anything ordered from them. The layout for the checkout page was a bit awkward, but I managed to understand it. I had to combine my order. Both for the BOX and controller. I thought, okay I can do that. Now everything seems fine and dandy and the total came out to be 15,800 JPY. And the Shipping & Grand Total is still: To be determined. I have to ask anyone that does order from that site on a regular basis... Is this normal? I don't know. I just hope everything works out. I looked on Play-Asia (I usually get my Japanese Yen PSN codes from there.) and it was about 20% more expensive, not including shipping, but they usually have the shipping total on hand. Maybe I'm just paranoid that I haven't received a shipping total yet. Perhaps it is nothing to worry about, since it is a pre-order still. It's a different site, but still I have heard good things about it...
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 15:17   Link #4857
Nerroth
NePoi!

A new Puchim@s!! trailer is up:

Also, I wonder if Chihaya will ever do a cover of this?
Old 2014-03-16, 19:01   Link #4858
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Go ham son

go ham

/caps
Old 2014-03-17, 00:51   Link #4859
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Also, I wonder if Chihaya will ever do a cover of this?
It would be one heck of a wormhole opening paradox if she did.

Either way, Asami Imai is a knockout in that video. A lot of Japanese music videos are poorly composed, sad to say, but she looks stunning here.
Old 2014-03-18, 15:23   Link #4860
Dextro
He Without a Title

Btw have you guys noticed the background songs on The iDOLM@STER CHANNEL lately? In the beginning they were the same songs available on the Shiny Festa games but now they have moved to songs I'm not familiar with. Are they previewing the songs for the new game or something?

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s