AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-30, 14:26   Link #241
Ending

Quote:
Unless it has changed recently i remember when i registered my WoW account that i had to either give them my credit card info or buy a game card before i was actually credited with the free 30 days and able to log into the game.
Nope. I tried the trial, bought the box, and played for 44 days before I had to buy a game time card. NCSoft made a bad decision for not following the example.

FYI, Eve Online didn't have a similar restriction. Only that you can't get the special edition ship if you add the time to a trial account. The ship wasn't that special >.>
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 20:56   Link #242
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well.... this game LOOKS very pretty. But so does Perfect World (which is free). Penny Arcade had a few strips about just how pretty you can make your characters.

How is the gameplay? Is there a lot of content or does it depend on simple kill tasks, postman tasks, and PvP? Yeah, I've read the reviews and the thread... but the more critique the better.

... and Xion, yeah that is one cute little assassin. How are the facial expression emotes? Age of Conan has some fairly sophisticated ones.
It's kind of grindy past 30. Definitely not like WoW and more like the oldschool MMO's with horrendous drop rates. Still, I enjoy and NCSoft does seem to be fixing a lot of problems as they come up.

49.5 now, almost to 50!

As for emotes, there's a ton, and the facial expression does change, but there aren't any specific facial emotes.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 21:46   Link #243
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Nope. I tried the trial, bought the box, and played for 44 days before I had to buy a game time card. NCSoft made a bad decision for not following the example.
... Obviously your lying about the 44 days since Trial accounts last for 10 days while the free time is 30 days. However, there's your answer. To make an account using a retail key alone requires you input credit card details or a game time code, upgrading from a trial account is much simpler since the account is already created and was free, just input the key and and you're done.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 05:57   Link #244
Ending

Tokkan, you assume too much. My memory isn't perfect and you should had thought a little bit before calling me a liar. See you in next topic.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 08:25   Link #245
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Tokkan, you assume too much. My memory isn't perfect and you should had thought a little bit before calling me a liar.
I didn't actually intend to offend there. I just normally associate the word "lie" with "made up information", even though the word normally implies deceit aswell but I don't really pay heed to that. Plus I'm overly pedantic due to my retardedness... uh I mean my autistic disposition.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:57   Link #246
Xion Valkyrie

Level 50 =)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2009-11-03 at 18:02.
Old 2009-11-02, 23:29   Link #247
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea...... Im guessing body size doesnt effect wing size (which should)
Old 2009-11-03, 00:33   Link #248
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yea...... Im guessing body size doesnt effect wing size (which should)
It does affect it, it's just that the level 50 wings are HUGE.
Old 2009-11-03, 23:10   Link #249
Aershelelou
キラッ☆~

I really enjoyed the graphics and character customization on Aion. I must say it was absolutely beautiful. But this game just isn't the right one for me. I played for a while on my boyfriend's account (I'm a poor college student... what can I say?). Found it a bit boring and slow. Also, I'm not a big fan of PvP. However, if you are into that, it's a very, very awesome game Still very good in my book... just not my preferred playing style.
Aershelelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 08:19   Link #250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It does affect it, it's just that the level 50 wings are HUGE.
they look kinda dumb on tiny characters XD

I just hope you didn't make your char small for PVP, douche's do that kind of stuff
Old 2009-11-04, 09:33   Link #251
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Tactically its a smart idea, but for a foe it would be immensely irritating. But since they're your foe irritating them is your job!
Old 2009-11-04, 15:17   Link #252
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
they look kinda dumb on tiny characters XD

I just hope you didn't make your char small for PVP, douche's do that kind of stuff
I made my character small to make her moe >=O

Anyways, not like it matters, for large scale PvP, everyone turns off character models so all you see is names anyways (way too many people, displaying the actual character models will crash your game).

It's an error with the engine, where it can't load more than 2GB of memory. When it asks for more, the game crashes.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:57   Link #253
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I made my character small to make her moe >=O

Anyways, not like it matters, for large scale PvP, everyone turns off character models so all you see is names anyways (way too many people, displaying the actual character models will crash your game).

It's an error with the engine, where it can't load more than 2GB of memory. When it asks for more, the game crashes.
huh, that might be why I crash when i go into the main city, everything is on max

but anyways scaling your char to be tiny just for a small advantage(lolfunny) IS a douchey move
Old 2009-11-05, 12:18   Link #254
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
huh, that might be why I crash when i go into the main city, everything is on max

but anyways scaling your char to be tiny just for a small advantage(lolfunny) IS a douchey move
I don't quite understand that logic.

We are talking about factions at war here, not a gentlemanly bout of jousting. Just like the Geneva Convention in real life, it all sounds peachy and humanitarian on paper, but once the crap starts oscillating around, f*** the niceties.

It is kill, or be killed.

You can't even argue that it is not fair, because the option is open to both sides, to any player at character creation. It basically becomes a matter of roleplay versus powerplay.

That mutant gnome on the other side? He/she's not going to care about your opinions on his size-impairment. It's PvP, and he/she has every right to squeeze out all the advantages that they can get, in order to earn their ranks and stuff.

I'm not even a fan of PvP, being more of a PvE-er, but in any game where I have to kill the opposing faction players? I'll use every single dirty trick in the book if I have to. PvP is about winning, not a RP-contest.

Expect no quarter from the enemy, and give them none as well.

If you want war with heavily enforced rules, there's sports.

Cheers.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:43   Link #255
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

no matter what you say, its still cowardice.. its almost as cowardly as range in WoW casting through walls as much as they can, you can still target them through pressing tab but in large numbers it gets annoying. I'm done with this argument however, so may someone change the subject?
Old 2009-11-05, 15:11   Link #256
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
no matter what you say, its still cowardice.. its almost as cowardly as range in WoW casting through walls as much as they can, you can still target them through pressing tab but in large numbers it gets annoying. I'm done with this argument however, so may someone change the subject?
It's ironic how you mention that and then try to run away from the subject you yourself started...

In war, bravado generally leads to one end. An early death. The opposing faction is not seeking to noogie your head and paddle your butt with foam sticks. They are actively trying to KILL you in the most efficient way possible, while avoiding being killed by you. In terms of game mechanics, this means utilising every single advantage that they can have, without resorting to game exploits deemed inappropriate by the game creators.

So until NC-Soft themselves say that, "Hey guys, not working as intended." People will just need to accept that yes, they will be fighting midgets. Size is not even that major an issue anyway, or Gnomes would have dominated PvP in WoW for ages already (or any other MMOs with PvP in them).

In fact, smaller can be a huge disadvantage in some games, due to segmented hitboxes.

Natch.
Old 2009-11-05, 15:47   Link #257
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

honestly, Gnomes started the size shit

Its just sad to see people resorting to small pointless advantages when it changes nothing of the characters stats. who the hell goes and clicks on targets in PVP anyways?
Old 2009-11-13, 15:19   Link #258
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
honestly, Gnomes started the size shit

Its just sad to see people resorting to small pointless advantages when it changes nothing of the characters stats. who the hell goes and clicks on targets in PVP anyways?
I make my character small to make her cute =/

Anyways, some armor/weapon updates. I love AION customization.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-16, 21:38   Link #259
lixuelai

What server do you play on? Quite impressive getting your loli-sin to 50. Im 42 right now on my loli-templar (lol ^^) and even with occasional botting I am hitting a wall. Guess I lost my MMO mojos while in college. *remembers the RO grind*. *shudders*.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 01:52   Link #260
Xion Valkyrie

I play on Siel, but have now hit a wall pretty much. Was trying to go for the 2nd best armor set in the game, but on the 4th step failed to crit a craft. Now the mats are close to impossible to get. I don't think I can attempt it again for another month, and there are only certain times of the day it's possible to farm them (due to ganks and competition and what not).

Going to pretty much just focus on a new Spiritmaster that I'm going to keep around level 35 for low level PvPing.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows