AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 10:13   Link #61
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
To be very honest though, I found the translation by playthrough a bit... Well, unfair to the game. Or not doing the game justice.

As much as I love oren for translating it and net a lot of English speaking people to join the fandom, it really does a disservice to the creators' intent somehow. Knowing the story is awesome, but what is more important is the game actually gave you the experience of enjoying it, and the script is crafted carefully (or thoughtfully, whichever you prefer. You'll understand the team's hard work if you try to read the interviews...) so that you will get roped into the game's intensity that you forgot the subtle clue...

And yes, this is why I found the roaring net discussion on the game's main mystery the characters need to solve to be not good for this series. You yourself are NOT supposed to connect the hint on the mastermind before at least chapter 4 with the whole atmosphere. Yet the people in SA thread managed to get it since chapter, what, 1 due to discussion+long time frame of waiting for oren's translation+privilege to read back every single lines to spot something wrong+fanart spoiling hurr.

... That and I totally grumble on how they got easy access for not engaging in some of the class trials that requires you to think. Or search for some walkthrough if you're really stuck, trying not to spoil yourself if you decided to take walkthrough www

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 16:36   Link #62
marvelB

^I don't disagree with you on those points, but fact is, if it weren't for oren's translation Danganronpa would be forever lost in the depths of obscurity in the western world. So while I also admit I'm not too fond of that silly meme, I can just ignore it and wait for the next story updates (plus, I already completed the game about a year before that LP started, so those spoilers wouldn't have much of an effect on me in the first place. But I still feel for the majority who aren't able to play it either and just want a translation like the rest of us....).

And hey, at least there's still that thing with the TL patch, so if that ever gets completed then there's a way to experience the game without any wacky spoiler memes right there!

Actually, speaking of spoilers, tumblr is WAY worse about this than SA, trust me. So just avoid that place like the plague, or you'll regret it later.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 19:08   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Is there any way to earn more Monomedals other than picking up those Monokuma plushie thingies? I have yet to raise a pet BTW....
Old 2012-10-10, 20:01   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is there any way to earn more Monomedals other than picking up those Monokuma plushie thingies? I have yet to raise a pet BTW....

You also earn medals after completing each chapter. HOWEVER, the amount of medals you get depends on how well you do in the trial (basically, more mistakes=less medals, less mistakes=more). However, be warned that the trial minigames can still be tricky even if you DO know all of the answers to the mystery beforehand.....
Old 2012-10-11, 16:40   Link #65
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^So I assume you didn't read my previous post or perhaps just skimmed through it. Because if you paid attention:
I noticed that. But it still pissed me off regardless of it being a few week or months...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:57   Link #66
marvelB

Great news, guys! The SA forums are accessible to us lurkers again, and there's a whole mess of updates to check out (that goes up to the final trial)! I won't bother posting the links since the LP's first post has all of the update links there, anyway. Just enjoy the ride for now....
Old 2012-10-24, 10:35   Link #67
marvelB

Pardon the immediate bump, but.... s*** is getting real in the latest update.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:38   Link #68
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

We can finally see the forum again after so long... AT least it's not a month though.

The game is quite cruel indeed.

I wonder what's the deal with the sequel. Probably more villain from the same group as the first one.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:36   Link #69
marvelB

You know, that last climax comic really got me thinking:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-29, 14:46   Link #70
marvelB

Unfortunate news, guys..... just about a week after SA's paywall went down, yet another one popped up just today. Looks like we'll have to play the waiting game yet again, I'm afraid......
Old 2012-10-29, 15:25   Link #71
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Unfortunate news, guys..... just about a week after SA's paywall went down, yet another one popped up just today. Looks like we'll have to play the waiting game yet again, I'm afraid......
It's weird imo. They just had to put the block up right at the reveal...

So soon. I was reading through the forum without that block for at least a month... This time the duration is too short.

I can only say, they seem to be dicks to block our access right at that.
Old 2012-10-29, 15:41   Link #72
marvelB

^Yeah, 'tis a real shame. But hey, I'm patient.

Anyways, why not discuss the plot a bit while we wait?

Spoiler for last trial:
Old 2012-10-30, 08:42   Link #73
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^

Spoiler for The Reveal:
Old 2012-10-30, 19:17   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
^^

Spoiler for The Reveal:

Spoiler for last trial:
Old 2012-10-30, 23:16   Link #75
Seitsuki
Onee!

For some reason I find her incredibly more attractive than the previous one. Crazy does that for you huh?
Old 2012-11-03, 15:04   Link #76
melina_putri

Someone who has SA account said in other forum that the LP has already finished.

I'm in despair mode now.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:04   Link #77
marvelB

^Yes, I just learned that myself earlier today. Honestly, I'm not too fussed about it since I can just read the last stretch in one go once the forum's open to us lurkers again.

But hey, look on the bright side: Now that he finished the first game's story we have oren's translation of the sequel (and DR Zero) to look forward to now!
Old 2012-11-19, 15:45   Link #78
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

It's up again! Finally!

I hope he'd do the sequel soon!
Old 2012-11-19, 17:38   Link #79
marvelB

Ah, I was beaten to the punch in announcing the news, I see. But yeah, go ahead and check it out, guys! The ending is great!

Also, oren is knocking all of the free time events out of the way before he gets to work on DR2/Zero. I just finished checking out Sakura's:

Spoiler for Sakura's story:
Old 2012-11-21, 20:31   Link #80
marvelB

Just bumping to mention that oren finished Yamada's social link events. Ah, they're just as hilarious as I imagined them to be! Though there was definitely one particular scenario that I found quite interesting:

Spoiler:

Man, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the events, particularly those of Fukawa, Ishimaru, and Hagakure.....