AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-08-07, 04:03   Link #1
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Animesuki Forums is Down for me

i checked the status of the forums here first -> http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.c....animesuki.com
and it says its just me im in bad luck! lol

so ive done a tracert to know if my ISP is down but to my surprise it seems that my internet cannot reach the servers of animesuki here is a tracert screenshot

so im asking if really animesuki forums servers are just down on where i live? and any possible solution?

Last edited by j0x; 2011-08-07 at 04:27.
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:50   Link #2
Avegaille

Yeah, it's down also for me (connection timed out, network unreachable) unless I go through a proxy... IDK why either. I tried flushing my DNS cache, resetting my router, changing the settings in Firefox (as what they suggested).

(and yes, I am posting this message right now through a proxy)
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:05   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I did a little testing and tried ping+traceroute to 120.28.0.193 (one of the IPs "along the way" in jix's traceroute, probably a router in jix's ISP network) and I can ping and traceroute this ip just fine on any server I have and my home connection except for the server the forum is running on.

So there is definitely a reproducible network anomaly here -- I've opened a ticket with my provider to see what they say about it. Considering jix and Avegaille's posts are 10 hours apart, a simple outage seems unlikely - unless it's a major one. Plus with a real outage I would have expected a lot more people to have this problem.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:24   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Update, this is the reply I got:
Quote:
Their ISP has a peer on Any2 (peering exchange). We're getting their route information from there but are unable to reach them over the peer. We routed around it and it should be good for now. But two things are occurring. Either their peering port is down or they're blocking access on their side for some reason. This is a temporary fix and will be cleared out in a few days (as it can cause issues months later) so I strongly recommend you have your clients lobby them to open their peer back up if they for some reason decided to lock it down. We've emailed them as well but they might ignore the emails.
That's quite technical, but the short conclusion is they have put in a temporary work-around (so you should be able to access the site again), but this may not work for very long and the permanent solution is to contact your ISP about this issue, as my provider says it is a problem on your ISP's end (as you appear to be both from the Philippines I presume you use the same ISP).

(bare in mind though that your average ISP tech support guy might not immediately understand the problem you're having -- it might take some escalation to higher level tech to get them to do something about it)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:28   Link #5
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ok ill try emailing my ISP about this since talking to them over the phone is very tiring they make me go around in circles and frustrated more lol

and nice to see im not alone on this issue lol

thanks GHDpro
Old 2011-08-08, 02:54   Link #6
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
ok ill try emailing my ISP about this since talking to them over the phone is very tiring they make me go around in circles and frustrated more lol

and nice to see im not alone on this issue lol

thanks GHDpro
Wowser, I was about to make a new topic and I see this I unfortunately am in the same country and I did exactly the same things you did

The thing is, it worked last Sunday, but that was it. I thought it was a countrywide ban on all things Anime and Manga (because a manga site was also down), but I tried other urls with either Anime or Manga in its url and some seem to work.

I too sent an Email to my wireless carrier because something like this can't be said over the phone, well that and I'm not from around here

I'd like to get this fixed soon because I'm using my phone's indirect browsers to access this forum, and we all know phone browsing for me is a bit of a trek.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 22:28   Link #7
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Update, this is the reply I got:

That's quite technical, but the short conclusion is they have put in a temporary work-around (so you should be able to access the site again), but this may not work for very long and the permanent solution is to contact your ISP about this issue, as my provider says it is a problem on your ISP's end (as you appear to be both from the Philippines I presume you use the same ISP).

(bare in mind though that your average ISP tech support guy might not immediately understand the problem you're having -- it might take some escalation to higher level tech to get them to do something about it)
Well, I'm still using a proxy at this point and the forums still don't load through ordinary means. I can access the main animesuki site but not the forums, which is weird. o_O

Yeah, I'm not sure what internet connection they use (people who posted above me), but I use Globe. There are other ISPs other there...

I don't really want to talk this out with my ISP provider (considering how horrible customer service is XD) but as long as I can access this forum by a proxy, it's fine with me.
Old 2011-08-11, 01:35   Link #8
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what internet connection they use (people who posted above me), but I use Globe. There are other ISPs other there...
Globe user here too. Have you tried Smart? I've got no signal where I'm at so Smart is a no go for me. Now I'd be really laughing if Smart isn't working either.

By the way, Globe's customer service wasn't so bad, but that's probably because I speak english to them and at the time I might have sounded like an angry foreigner , so they resolved my problem within the week. Maybe I have gaijin smash powers here XD, which I would try again regarding this forum issue, it's just that I don't know if they'll understand
Old 2011-08-11, 07:25   Link #9
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
I can access the main animesuki site but not the forums, which is weird. o_O
Well they are on different servers and as such will have different IP addresses.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 12:48   Link #10
mangatron

So it seems to be working for me (last time I checked anyways) on Globe, guess they got my e-mail. Apparently I've now got the habit of reaching for my phone to visit this forum, like now

Anyone in PH can weigh in to confirm? Because Firefox shot itself after I logged in, and was only able to visit this forum through Opera (didn't bother to try any other browser).
Old 2011-08-12, 23:47   Link #11
Avegaille

Yes, I can access the forums normally (on Firefox) now without using a proxy, thanks mangatron...
Old 2011-08-13, 01:26   Link #12
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ye it seems a collective effort is needed for this to be resolved lol
and ye i contacted them on their customer hotline too days ago and now problem solve so thanks to everyone who reported this problem to globe broadband too