AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 21:51   Link #301
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

lets say as future possiblity, whos gonna be tigre main wife for help him in all situation..??
if its meaningless question, just ignore it...
Old 2012-09-22, 07:47   Link #302
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
lets say as future possiblity, whos gonna be tigre main wife for help him in all situation..??
Just choose Ellen. In most harem series, there's unspoken rule "First girl wins"
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:05   Link #303
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Just choose Ellen. In most harem series, there's unspoken rule "First girl wins"
so, first comes, first seve, huh...
just like the actual novel(story) then..., and hopely the bedriden sasha gonna has the most child to given birth for him..
Old 2012-09-22, 10:29   Link #304
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I think Ellen deserves him more than anyone. But...

Aria x Kinji from HnA?

Claire x Kamito from STnBD?

I'd hate "first girl win" for that.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:52   Link #305
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I think Ellen deserves him more than anyone. But...

Aria x Kinji from HnA?

Claire x Kamito from STnBD?

I'd hate "first girl win" for that.
Yeah, me too. But Ellen is so much a better than those two you mentioned that I'm actually cheering for her, even though she is the "first girl".
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:14   Link #306
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I cheer for Ellen too.

I don't see any retard violent possessive ungrateful bitch tsundere in this series, good grife!
Old 2012-09-22, 18:35   Link #307
Insane
Banned

Quote:
I cheer for Ellen too.

I don't see any retard violent possessive ungrateful bitch tsundere in this series, good grife!
I have no idea why you hate tsundere that much. But you're lucky, it seems there's no tsundere heroine in this series.

The only thing in this series that draws my attention is probably the attitude of the MC. While most MC in shounen series tend to avoid killing their enemies as much as possible, Tigre on the other hand have no qualms to slaughter everyone that stands in his way, kinda reminds me of Ogami Rei from Code Breaker.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:56   Link #308
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
I have no idea why you hate tsundere that much. But you're lucky, it seems there's no tsundere heroine in this series.

The only thing in this series that draws my attention is probably the attitude of the MC. While most MC in shounen series tend to avoid killing their enemies as much as possible, Tigre on the other hand have no qualms to slaughter everyone that stands in his way, kinda reminds me of Ogami Rei from Code Breaker.
I believe that aspect is simply out of military principle and not cold, heartlessness.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 02:58   Link #309
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
There many type of tsundere.

The tsundere I hate are the type with I described above. Violent towards the MC, possessive despite never tell him her feeling, ungrateful to the MC, self-important and acts like a nuisance to everyone...
Old 2012-09-23, 03:48   Link #310
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Ahhh. Important princess turns out to be childhood friend. Well done.
Wasn't really something of the sort; they just shared a private experience that helped assert to Tigre her true identity. Only the both of them knew what happened that time, hence there's no mistaking to Tigre that she is actually who she claims to be.

For everyone else (namely the country's citizens and nobility) to recognize her for who she claims to be, however, it is a very different and important issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
Again, still too early to tell. Elenore has the obvious advantage, but Lyudmila and Sophia are definitely not going to just sit on their heels about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Yeah, me too. But Ellen is so much a better than those two you mentioned that I'm actually cheering for her, even though she is the "first girl".
The basis for Elen being the first and closest is probably inspired from the original folklore, as it was said that Elen and the Archer died together.

Quote:

A war is a war. War is brutal. No need for that stupid pacifism crap like in SEED or whatever. You don't want to die in war, you take down the other guy. Simple as that, and no need to delve into pretentiousness about the value of human lives as they are soldiers who willingly conscripted themselves into battle.

And it's not shounen. Something like Hagure Yuusha is shounen. This is far from shounen.

Quote:
There many type of tsundere.

The tsundere I hate are the type with I described above. Violent towards the MC, possessive despite never tell him her feeling, ungrateful to the MC, self-important and acts like a nuisance to everyone...
You mean Louise-style from ZnT anime tsundere? That's not tsundere, that's just being a bitch. The actual tsundere archetype has been distilled so badly that anyone who blushes and hits the main character is suddenly a tsundere now.
Old 2012-09-23, 05:41   Link #311
Insane
Banned

About Tigre, i wonder where does the "voice" of his bow come from. Is it voice of the bow itself, or some kind of natural force that supports him?
Based on summaries from Erhjegel before, i began to think that perhaps his most redeeming feature is not his archery but his capability in creating strategy, because no matter how unfavorable the condition (e.g. 2000 soldier vs 200 soldier), he's capable of turning the table and crush his enemies despite being outmatched. After all, a 'King' needs to use his brain more than his brute force.
Old 2012-09-23, 05:51   Link #312
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
About Tigre, i wonder where does the "voice" of his bow come from. Is it voice of the bow itself, or some kind of natural force that supports him?
Based on summaries from Erhjegel before, i began to think that perhaps his most redeeming feature is not his archery but his capability in creating strategy, because no matter how unfavorable the condition (e.g. 2000 soldier vs 200 soldier), he's capable of turning the table and crush his enemies despite being outmatched. After all, a 'King' needs to use his brain more than his brute force.
Spoiler for The Bow's Voice:

Tigre's most outstanding feature is indeed his quick-thinking and mind for tactics and strategy; it is also why Elen and Mila scolds him whenever he gets too hasty or presumptuous. His archery is also another strong point; he is able to completely take out brigade leaders from obscene ranges despite the toughest of weather/daylight conditions. Leading to battle formations crumbling in mere seconds with no leader to guide them (though this proved useless during the battle between Elen's forces and Mila's troops in volume 2).

There is literally no other archer as good as Tigre.
Old 2012-09-23, 05:53   Link #313
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Tigre is a capable tactician. His skill with bow is superb but it seems like he can be even better.

In Mahabharata (the world's longest epic from Hindu myth), the legendary archers like Ajuna and Karna can decapitate their enemy's head with their bow skill, which make me wonder what kind of arrow they use. I found it impossible to do such a feat...

Also, I wonder when did Tigre visit the temple that worship Tir-Na-Fa and made the bow his...
Old 2012-09-23, 05:58   Link #314
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Spoiler for The Bow's Voice:

Tigre's most outstanding feature is indeed his quick-thinking and mind for tactics and strategy; it is also why Elen and Mila scolds him whenever he gets too hasty or presumptuous. His archery is also another strong point; he is able to completely take out brigade leaders from obscene ranges despite the toughest of weather/daylight conditions. Leading to battle formations crumbling in mere seconds with no leader to guide them (though this proved useless during the battle between Elen's forces and Mila's troops in volume 2).

There is literally no other archer as good as Tigre.
Perhaps, say, he doesn't need to use his strategy too much and making use of his mastery in archery to simply taking down the commander of enemies from afar. After all, troops without commander can be defeated more easily
Old 2012-09-23, 06:05   Link #315
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Tigre is a capable tactician. His skill with bow is superb but it seems like he can be even better.

In Mahabharata (the world's longest epic from Hindu myth), the legendary archers like Ajuna and Karna can decapitate their enemy's head with their bow skill, which make me wonder what kind of arrow they use. I found it impossible to do such a feat...

Also, I wonder when did Tigre visit the temple that worship Tir-Na-Fa and made the bow his...
Volume 3, after their first encounter and retreat against Roland's Navarle Knights. While Elen took the troops to march against Roland's, Tigre awakes and is guided by the bow towards her shrine, assisted by Tita (as Tigre is still recovering from the gruesome wound Roland inflicted on him) and spurred on by his desire to lend aid to Elen.

Tigre has yet to make the bow his. For starters, he has no idea how much life force it drains out of him with every shot he makes, or to what extent he can use the bow's powers.

Quote:
Perhaps, say, he doesn't need to use his strategy too much and making use of his mastery in archery to simply taking down the commander of enemies from afar. After all, troops without commander can be defeated more easily
It's a logical conclusion, yes, but not when your troops are disciplined enough to the point that new soldiers will replace the one who has been taken out and assume proper command (Volume 2, Lyudmila's Ormutz troops) or when the enemy takes precautions against such a skilled archer by putting a wide distance beyond what the skilled archer can shoot with (Volume 4, Barbarossa's troops).

Nothing is completely fool-proof or invincible, and that's another one of the plus points of this series.
Old 2012-09-23, 06:34   Link #316
Insane
Banned

Speaking about Tigre's archery skill, i wonder what he'll be doing when he's running out of arrow/ I don't think he can carry so many arrows in war (It's very inconvenient), or perhaps some of his men carrying his arrows for him?
From some spoilers before, i feel kinda disappointed since he couldn't stand toe to toe against his enemies. In the end, always Ellen or Lyudmira that making cover for him, while he himself can shoot safely from afar.

On an unrelated note, @Erhjegel, your avatar looks kinda messy right now.
Old 2012-09-23, 06:44   Link #317
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Speaking about Tigre's archery skill, i wonder what he'll be doing when he's running out of arrow/ I don't think he can carry so many arrows in war (It's very inconvenient), or perhaps some of his men carrying his arrows for him?
From some spoilers before, i feel kinda disappointed since he couldn't stand toe to toe against his enemies. In the end, always Ellen or Lyudmira that making cover for him, while he himself can shoot safely from afar.

On an unrelated note, @Erhjegel, your avatar looks kinda messy right now.
He usually has a subordinate behind him restocking him with new quivers full of arrows once he runs out.

Asking an archer to stand toe to toe against close combatants is pretty irrational. He did face Zaian, Tenaldie's son in "close combat", that one time, but that was because it was a duel.
Old 2012-09-23, 07:51   Link #318
Insane
Banned

Quote:

I know Mahabharata from some old stories in my country. It is said that their arrows are made of parts of Dragon's body (scale, claws, fangs, etc). Perhaps it has something to do with Dragon being the toughest creatures in this series. Heck, even swords and arrows are nothing more than paper before dragons.
Old 2012-09-23, 08:11   Link #319
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I know Mahabharata from some old stories in my country. It is said that their arrows are made of parts of Dragon's body (scale, claws, fangs, etc). Perhaps it has something to do with Dragon being the toughest creatures in this series. Heck, even swords and arrows are nothing more than paper before dragons.
Umm. The dragons in Hindu myth is called naga. It's an exotic race of sea creature like snake and fish.

Most of the so called naga is portrayed as snakes, not a huge one either. I believe most of nagas almost went extinct due to the good guys in Mahabharata burnt the forest just to mess with the bad guys, which made the surviving nagas hated them and fought against them and their descendants for ages.

The difference in power among the nagas is very exaggerated. There are some that usually appear in form of snakes and easily killed by ordinary people just like snakes, to their king who is so enormous he can support the universes, yes, universes, not just one universe.

I don't think weapons created from creatures that can be killed by normal weapons or barehanded to be impressive. It's just that the archers' skill in that epic is too god-like. Hell, even the chief god (Indra) asks Arjuna to help killing a certain race that the gods can't win against.

The super weapons in Mahabharata are called "astra".

Also, I think that Veda is the name of Hindu sacred book just like bible, it's just an older version from when Indra was the supreme god, before he was replaced by the Trinity. I wonder when Veda is used for the first time in otaku culture. I first saw it in Gundam 00.
Old 2012-09-23, 08:40   Link #320
Insane
Banned

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
I don't think weapons created from creatures that can be killed by normal weapons or barehanded to be impressive. It's just that the archers' skill in that epic is too god-like. Hell, even the chief god (Indra) asks Arjuna to help killing a certain race that the gods can't win against
Sorry for getting off topic, but probably you're referring to Rakshasa, gigantic races who can fight toe to toe against god.

Yes, power differences among dragon indeed very exaggerated, especially in Ramayana tale, which depicts dragons as incarnations of sun (Hell, that's way too crazy for a creature)

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)