AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-05, 12:47   Link #201
tritoch

have a go at the other subber's work especially IY & oki's version.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:57   Link #202
howzitboy

i usually stick with the first group that subs it. guess i like all my files to look the same. the video has to be really bad to make me download the whole thing over and this one look just fine to me. (live evil's)
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 13:17   Link #203
Boukenxha

First time posting in the NANA thread, after seeing ep 5 I just felt I had to. I thought it was a beautiful episode. I have only seen Yazawa's animes adaptations, but she has always express intricate human emotions with so much flair, this is probably my favourite episode out of them so far.

Nana's character really showed from her response to Ren's leaving, that maturity beyond her years, her rational, empowering herself through her lost and that strength to make that decision. Nana is indeed one hell of a woman to have mesmerized me to this effect. While the seperation itself was filled with heartfelt bitterness (loved the Ren crying scene), it could be one that would muscle them up against the journey they would embark on. I find myself rooting for Nana's new cause, the exhilarating thought of jumping onto a stagnent puddle of water and seeing it splash can probably describe my feeling now. Nana the dreamchaser is definitely more beautiful then the Nana living a blissful life with Ren anyway. Yay to chicks with complex characters!

Well if the movie scene is better, then I have something to look forward to. For now I'm leaving that and the manga till the anime finishes. As for the poor video quality of Live-eviL's sub, they explained it on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.live-evil.org/
Our apologies for the less-than-average video quality this week. NANA aired at an unpublished timeslot and the usual cappers almost all missed the episode. If anyone has a HQ raw of this show, please let me know, thanks!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 19:13   Link #204
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Great 5th episode, loved the backstory on Nana O. Now with the backgrounds done, it will be interesting to see how both Nanas will cope together. Nana O being the more intrigueing character while Nana K is sure to keep things lively, should make for an entertaining mix.

Love the OP by the way, and the ED is pretty nice aswell imo.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 12:45   Link #205
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Episode 5 almost left me in tears again. So much love.. it's overwhelming. But I agree with mippa, the separation scene is more powerful in the movie. I think the anime lacks great emotional background music.

Also, regarding the unpublished timeslot for episode 5, does it has anything to do with this piece of news? o.o

Quote:
5-2-06 (12:55AM EDT)---- Rewritten NANA Anime Script Almost Stalled Premiere
Following the run of the smash hit live action film adaptation of Ai Yazawa's NANA manga last summer, the TV anime version debuted April 5th at 11:55PM on Nippon Television Network. Ratings for the first episode were announced as a 6.2% share. However, a story has come to light of a reported snafu immediately before the broadcast premiere of NANA. It seems the scripts of 2 episodes of the series were rewritten by the producers to the author's disaproval. Yazawa-san was reportedly very angry and the start of the TV anime was temporarily in doubt. The settlement to the situation is currently uncertain though there there have been fan complaints sent to the voice actors and staff.
Old 2006-05-06, 15:07   Link #206
Rion
Ramune~

Does somebody know what exactly was disapproved by Ai Yazawa? The whole anime or certain episodes? Except for the little switch between the flashbacks and the real story, the anime follows the manga pretty closely O.o I don't really see what could have angried her.
On the other hand, I disliked episode 5, and a few details in the anime have drawn my attention. For example: Nana thinks “Somebody please warm him up for me” (Live-eviL translation) at the end of the episode when seeing the Trapnest poster. Imho that is something Ôsaki Nana would never say! (And it would surprise me if this line appears in the manga.) Because she’s the person who is the most sensitive to jealousy in the whole manga.
I doubt this is what Ai Yazawa meant, though.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 15:41   Link #207
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion
Does somebody know what exactly was disapproved by Ai Yazawa? The whole anime or certain episodes? Except for the little switch between the flashbacks and the real story, the anime follows the manga pretty closely O.o I don't really see what could have angried her.
On the other hand, I disliked episode 5, and a few details in the anime have drawn my attention. For example: Nana thinks “Somebody please warm him up for me” (Live-eviL translation) at the end of the episode when seeing the Trapnest poster. Imho that is something Ôsaki Nana would never say! (And it would surprise me if this line appears in the manga.) Because she’s the person who is the most sensitive to jealousy in the whole manga.
I doubt this is what Ai Yazawa meant, though.
Just so you know, that line is in the manga. :X

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 15:45   Link #208
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
(And it would surprise me if this line appears in the manga.)
Yes the same exact line is in the manga. Oosaki chose career over love; they broke up with no hard feelings and she's not expecting Ren to cling to her forever. It's only natural for her to say something like that at that time, it shows just how much she loves him and wants him to be happy.

By the way, you're contradicting yourself. You doubt that line appeared in the manga, yet you are sure Oosaki is the most sensitive person in the manga?
Old 2006-05-06, 15:49   Link #209
Rion
Ramune~

Okay, I'm not able to speak japanese, I read the french version of the manga. (I'm not that crazy to read Viz' version *cough*) The only similar line would be "Les nuits froides comme ca, il y a sans doute quelqu'un qui le réchauffe." - "In cold nights like this, there's surely somebody who warms him up." To me, that's a huge difference to "Somebody please warm him up for me."
But if you say that the japanese line should be translated like that, well then I have nothing to say. And it wouldn't change my weird impression about this line - because just like I said, thinking something like this imho doesn't suit her at all.

No, she's not sensitive, I wanted to say she gets jealous very easily (which shows in the later volumes) - a lot more than anybody else. Especially compared to Hachi...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-06, 15:50   Link #210
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Okay, I'm not able to speak japanese, I read the french version of the manga. The only similar line would be "Les nuits froides comme ca, il y a sans doute quelqu'un qui le réchauffe." - "In cold nights like this, there's surely somebody who warms him up." To me, that's a huge difference to "Somebody please warm him up for me."
But if you say that the japanese line should be translated like that, well then I have nothing to say. And it wouldn't change my weird impression about this line - because just like I said, thinking something like this doesn't suit her at all.
I understand your concern, but trust me, it's translated right in english...

Sounds like whoever did the french translation fails hard

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 15:55   Link #211
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Heh, perhaps you're just being too biased because you are up-to-date with the manga. I, for one, don't find anything weird or unsuitable of Oosaki saying a line like that. People change all the time. Especially women, who usually says one thing and means the other.
Old 2006-05-06, 16:00   Link #212
Rion
Ramune~

Wow. Well, I have known that the french translation is rather free (but not as bad as Viz), but this very translation actually has gotten a lot of praise in the french manga community, if I'm not mistaken (I barely browse french sites though). Maybe I should really consider reading the german version *hrr*

I don't think I'm that biased. Ôsaki Nana is extremely passionated from the beginning. She can't stand being separated from Ren at all. I wouldn't say a passionate person is necessarily jealous. But it often fits ^^ Oh well...

@Tofu: I believe you, but I was really surprised XD Back then, I liked the manga a lot and I nearly know the dialogues by heart *g*
Old 2006-05-10, 15:49   Link #213
Omniscient

Episode 06 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 16:01   Link #214
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël

F... i was so sleepy i missed it tonight... argh, so frustrating...

Anyway, tofu-sensei, with all due respect, french translation of the manga is really cool and natural. I don't remember that line but i'll check.

Isn't that called interpretation?
Indeed yours is perfect, imo, but...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 18:24   Link #215
Xuki
...zZz...zZz...

I've read the manga and watched the anime and I still prefer the manga. More details, really cute, and lets everyone imagine individually how it'd be acted out in their own minds. The anime's opening and ending songs are awesome though the facial expressions crack me up sometimes. I find the manga's characters looking more serious than the anime, but overall, the anime is still awesome
Xuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 18:41   Link #216
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 06 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Spoiler for the beginning and the ending:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 18:42   Link #217
dxgarten

Episode 06 screencaps and review

Spoiler:

This will probably please the manga fans who want the anime to stick closely to the original material.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 08:25   Link #218
bluemist
i am the mist

I'm crying tears of joy!! I'm so glad the mangaka intervened with the anime production.

Spoiler:

This may well be IMO the best manga-to-anime conversion of any shoujo anime!
Old 2006-05-12, 08:35   Link #219
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
If the rearrangement of episodes was the beef that Yazawa was having with the producers, then she is truly small and petty.

Where was the indignation when they did the movie? Or maybe the movie execs just don't care about her that much, thus she had less ability to compain?

In any case, I can't bring myself to believe that all the reported bitching was just about the fact that the made a plot rearrangement vis a vis episode 1. Hell, it made the anime even better because if I didn't know that I had Nana O. to look forward to I'd simply kill myself watching Nana K's stupidity.

There has to be some other reason, because this one is petty and insignificant. Getting a recap just 6 episodes into the show is not a good thing, no matter the reason. It just shows that Madhouse didn't have the guts to defend their creative vision. Well, I guess the time when directors stood up to manga companies (a la Anno) really has passed.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 01:14   Link #220
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
A few of my website friends told me about this show recently. I was a little skeptic seeing as how the main characters are two females, but once I started watching it, I was totally hooked. Seen up to episode 5 so far and I'm really, really enjoying it. Heck, the music is pretty decent too.

But yeah, the two Nana's are really cool. I'm looking forward to episode 6 where it goes back into present time for everything.
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance