AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 11:46   Link #8721
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
The arc isn't even over, they may still be in it and heck as crafty as they seem getting disqualified and captured could have been part of the plan... while the story is still going on you can't really say they didn't amount to anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Actually I like the theory that Raven Tail lost on purpose to both implant doubt into Laxus and allow Makarov to trust him enough to tell him what Ivan wants to know and that Ivan somehow implanted a "bug" on Laxus. If this turns out to be true, the loss is explained it actually turns out that Raven Tail isn't just muscle but also brain.
Except loosing 5-on-1 (with their guild master and in a very one sided fight) has allowed Raven Tail to loose ALL credibility as powerful villains. Even with what people theorize may be going on, there are other ways it could have been done that would NOT have made Raven Tail look so hopelessly pathetic.. y'know like for instance the fact that not all 5 of them needed to loose in a one sided fight; ONE member could have done everything that just happened here and that would have allowed the rest of the guild and Ivan to maintain a certain level of credibility. If they pop up again, i will find no reason to feel even an ounce of tension because of how badly they got curb stomped...

For instance, Ivan could have won the fight, but in such a way that his guild still gets exposed and disqualified... he'd still get to instill that seed of doubt, plant bugs, and get his team disqualified and everything, only this way he doesn't have to look like a loser... Hell it would have been an improvement if he fought alone and lost but made it a close match; the rest of the guild then gets to maintain their dignity, while he saves face saying he was holding back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Anybody else notice the look Orca gave Laxus after the illusion got lifted. Somewhat mirrors the look Laxus gave Orca after he fired his lightning at the MPF. Really seems to be hinting towards a clash between the two.
Ya they've been foreshadowing the sabertooth matches
Natsu vs Sting
Gajeel vs Rogue
Laxus vs Orca
Gray vs Rufus (which i still don't really buy into... memory make doesn't really seem close enough to his Ice make)

We just have one remainging match up which is the new girl... she will probably fall to either Lucy or Erza. Though i'm leaning towards Lucy since Erza feels like she's building up something towards kagura from Mermaid Heel

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-06-15 at 13:20.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 11:49   Link #8722
Spinell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So Ivan is after Luman Etoille, ....
He is after Lumen histoire, at least i hope so. And if he really searched the guild he should have found at least the entrance of Lumen Etoille and didn't bother with it.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 11:55   Link #8723
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I presume that, like tenrou jima, it can't be found unless under special circumstances.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 12:00   Link #8724
unameit

Way too easy for laxus..

But I remember Ivan said something like : "Depending on your (laxus) answer, I could even let ya win"

Raven Tail was never interested of being the best in that competition so it's understandable if they just don't care.. Now, it's up to the writer to actually show what they're really up to...

btw, if jura was the weakest saint then technically jellal is better than him?
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:54   Link #8725
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Jura called himself the weakest as a sign of respect for the title - and he said that 7 years ago. Also, I'm sure that getting 8000+ on a scale designed for only 9999 is pretty damn good.

And what's with all the surprise at Laxus's strength? He's strong enough to take over as a Master in nearly any guild. That and unlike Team Natsu, he's had the full 3 months to fully refine his technique, battle tactics, etc. And it's already been established - Fairy Tail's standards of strength are head n shoulder's higher than nearly every other guild out there.

Mavis's scary face is scary. Too bad she really can't interact with anyone outside of the guild. Everyone keeps hinting at some great and terrible darkness and here we have the one who started it all sitting right with everyone... 0.0 Just what sort of secret is Mavis hiding...? We've all seen how she is with everyone and honestly, I don't see how adorable Mavis Vermillion harbors some great and terrible secret that can potentially destroy the known world.

Wendy...yay. My other favorite loli of the series. Did Romeo refer to Wendy as 'Wendy-nee' in that text bubble...? And what's his name 'Mest'...*snicker* He's got it bad for Wendy, I just know it. :3

I really think that Raven Tail, specifically, Ivan, wanted to beat the answer out of Laxus; they weren't counting him him being THAT strong.
Old 2012-06-15, 13:57   Link #8726
kitten320

Oh come on, that's just pathetic! Raven Tail was the one that did the most damage to Fairy Tail back in the past and now the elite got taken out that easily?!

LAME!

They have better lost on purpose.

Really, at first Fairy Tail gets smashed and now all of a sudden it became the best.
Old 2012-06-15, 14:02   Link #8727
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinell View Post
He is after Lumen histoire, at least i hope so. And if he really searched the guild he should have found at least the entrance of Lumen Etoille and didn't bother with it.
Lumen Etoille, and Lumen Histoire are the same thing. Mangastream's translator back then missed a "su", which means the correct translation is Histoire.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 15:02   Link #8728
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for about next chapter:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 15:05   Link #8729
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Spoiler for about next chapter:
Well yea, Chelia one-ups Wendy in that area pretty hard xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 15:16   Link #8730
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well yea, Chelia one-ups Wendy in that area pretty hard xD
And that, will be the fuel that will unlock Wendy's Dragon Force and she will unleash Ultimate Sky Dragon arts upon Shelia. After that, most likely the two of them will become BFFs, and they will run off to find 2 more moe girls and form their own Fairy Tail side-story called, FT-on.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:22   Link #8731
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Mavis was cute, looking so angry.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:33   Link #8732
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
And that, will be the fuel that will unlock Wendy's Dragon Force and she will unleash Ultimate Sky Dragon arts upon Shelia. After that, most likely the two of them will become BFFs, and they will run off to find 2 more moe girls and form their own Fairy Tail side-story called, FT-on.
and I will start barfing rainbows each chapter...
Old 2012-06-15, 15:41   Link #8733
haegar
mangaviking

I called it now: Mavis doesn't give a **** about Ivan and his underhand tactics, she was glaring at the Imp, and the Imp is none other than Zeref himself.

f it turns out I am leaning too far outa the window, even if not Zeref himself, at the very least the Imp is a goon for Arcadios/Zeref rather than Ivan's trump card.

I like the Ivan paper spy theory but I think it will turn out Zeref played him like Ultear played Jelly back in the day and suspect for this Arc RT got fodder-canned for good.

And the big FT secret is that back in the day Mavis did something with seriously bad repercussions for the future and the world to protect her own, that was a bit foreshadowed last week in her talk with Makarov when she stressed FT doing "anything" for their nakama which made her proud - and asked him to "remember that(aka the good side of that)" - so she is foreseeing a time when he will doubt her past actions possibly. Lumen is somehow connected to that...

Suppose Lumen Historie is something to do with Zeref's rise or fall or both or a part of his powers, or maybe it is the power to shape the history of magic or I dunno, whatever it is, it is the major hax and for some reason Mavis and her followers are sitting on it. Ivan wants it, Hades might have planned to go for it after getting Zeref back for all we know, and I wouldn't be surpised if Zeref himself wants it too - heck maybe it is the VERY gate they need Lucy to unlock - in any case, should Zeref have interest it it the best way to get information for him was to set up Raven Tail during those seven years, and I think he did just that, using Ivan's blind obsession with both revenge/Laxus and Lumen.

As for why I think the Imp is the master himself:
Spoiler for tentative points in case:

Spoiler for not sure if glaring at Ivan ^^:
Old 2012-06-15, 16:58   Link #8734
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Posted most of my thoughts in the theory thread, but FT does have that theme of light and darkness running through it. Especially more so now, everything seems to have been chosen with that in mind. Zeref, Hades, Eclipse, Lumen, etc. And the keys of the zodiac are named for constellations, which are stars... points of light in the darkness.

Anyway, I can kinda see how RT was severely shown to be underpowered in this, but when I take a step back and see the themes and clues Mashima has been masterfully weaving in this narrative, I'm gonna cut him some slack here. Either Ivan was being played by Obra, or the loss was calculated.

Ivan had to know that Laxus didn't know about Lumen Histoire. And indeed, the conversation suggests that he knew it already. So what did he plan to accomplish? He was outright prepared for Laxus to win. So what happened?

Laxus is now aware of a "dark" secret FT is keeping in Lumen Histoire. And is RT being taken into custody? If so... who cares if they are locked in a magical prison. Obra can nullify it and break them out. Ivan didn't seem too surprised that Obra made his escape.

One conclusion I can draw from this... someone is running a Xanatos Gambit. It's just a question of who, and what they are really after, and why.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:38   Link #8735
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Battle of lolis begin
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 18:00   Link #8736
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I called it now: Mavis doesn't give a **** about Ivan and his underhand tactics, she was glaring at the Imp, and the Imp is none other than Zeref himself.
The imp seems too mean to be Zeref though.

I still think he'll be vital later. Maybe break them out of jail. I dunno if Raven Tail will make and appearance later this arc or some other one though.

How are the battles going to work now, with 7 teams instead of 8?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 18:05   Link #8737
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
The imp seems too mean to be Zeref though.

I still think he'll be vital later. Maybe break them out of jail. I dunno if Raven Tail will make and appearance later this arc or some other one though.

How are the battles going to work now, with 7 teams instead of 8?
Wins by default maybe?
Old 2012-06-15, 18:20   Link #8738
cyberdemon

Nice to see FT's strongest being recognized as monsters. Erza and Laxus really showed the doubters that FT does have some of the strongest.
Old 2012-06-15, 19:05   Link #8739
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Obra's magic nullifying is going to make this fight tough

Anyway, Laxus just RAPED Raven Tail. I'm thinking maybe Ivan lost on purpose though. Still... next up: Battle of the lolis.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:31   Link #8740
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm gonna go with some of the users' theory here and that Gajeel sent him trolled info about FT's power. Also, I don't think Ivan threw the fight. If he did, then his illusions to make sure he would take his time with Laxus were all for nothing. If you want revenge, just off them when they're not in the games. He was just being a diva, making sure that he wanted to get rid of FT in the arena, just to prove his superiority, not his guild's btw.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen