AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-28, 01:50   Link #361
ninja_pintu

So, what happened to Yuzuru, did he pass on or did he stay behind like he had planned?
Old 2010-06-28, 02:06   Link #362
Solafighter
Hige

Makers of Kanon and Clannad?

When i heart about that, i couldnt belive it.

The ending was, pretty much as i thought, rushed. Was sad to see, that Kanade dissappeared in front of Otonashi, which makes him cry. Otonashi loves Kanade? From episode 7 on, i thought that way.

To not repeat what most people said, this anime is good, but neither i expected perfection.
Old 2010-06-28, 02:39   Link #363
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Kanade's assertion in ep 9 that the person who's life was saved by Otonashi's organ donation will be saying "thank you" to him for the rest of their lives, makes alot more sense now doesn't it.

i also disagree wtih solafighter's idea about ep 7 being the point where it became clear that Otonashi and Kanade will be an item.
to be perfecly frank, in ep 5, the second she tells him her name the background music picks up like its trying to SCREAM at us "this is the girl".
Old 2010-06-28, 02:49   Link #364
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Kani also disagree wtih solafighter's idea about ep 7 being the point where it became clear that Otonashi and Kanade will be an item.
to be perfecly frank, in ep 5, the second she tells him her name the background music picks up like its trying to SCREAM at us "this is the girl".
Mh i didnt say, that its fact, that people may think, its the pairing.

From my point of view, i just noticed it in ep 7.

The music track of ep 5 (about Kanade's name), episode 7 (asking Kanade to go fishing) and episode 9,(when he signs the donation card), is already, even thought i didnt hear the clear version from the OST, one of my favourite music tracks in an anime. Cant wait for the ost in the end of july.
Old 2010-06-28, 04:20   Link #365
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, been holding back to say anything of this anime before looking at the last episode, but this anime turns out to be a big disappointment for me. It turns out with a good premise, but the last few episode was really bad. I could understand if this is an anime that was cut because one reason or another, but for an anime that originally planned to be once cour since the start, the pacing was terrible. The last few episode feel very rushed, the between character relationship was poorly developed(I mean Yui and Hinata turns from a joke duo in several episode into someone that loves each other in one episode, without prior hint too? Not too mention Kanade and our protagonist Otonashi that suddenly turns out loving each other without any development at all, just an I have your heart explanation, and sudden out of character moment during the ending)

When I start first watch this series, this one shows a lot of potential although a little cliche, and I like the gag too, but the many storytelling jump near the end makes me somehow change my opinion and think this one is a bad series. Sorry for the fans of this series, I just think that maybe this series will be better as a visual novel where the character:s past will be revealed by time as our protagonist get to know them better, rather than sudden jumps in relationship progression with some simple and "feel out of place" explanation.

Long story short, 1/10 for this episode, 4/10 for the whole series story wise(which is the main point for me in watching anime). Music get a 8/10 though.
Old 2010-06-28, 04:46   Link #366
Ryalynn

I don't understand why so many people vote 10 for this episode... I'm kinda interested just what it was that was "perfect". Have you guys no standards?
Old 2010-06-28, 05:17   Link #367
rasunin

For the sake of Kanade Tachibana , we give 10/10 PERFECT! LOL.
Old 2010-06-28, 05:19   Link #368
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryalynn View Post
I don't understand why so many people vote 10 for this episode... I'm kinda interested just what it was that was "perfect". Have you guys no standards?
There's nothing wrong with being curious of other people's opinions but please try not to assume anything beforehand. They may be aware of the faults you think this episode has but just not care, either because they don't seem that important to them or because other things overshadowed them. Another thing is that it's important to recognise the difference between opinion and taste. Opinions can rely on reasoning and have varying levels of credibility. Taste is merely something you like. You don't have to give a specific reasoning why you like chocolate instead of vanilla, right? They may not have actually seen many of the 'faults' you think this episode has. And sure enough, many of the 'faults' you think this episode has can be seen in many different ways depending on the perspective. Faults such as bad pacing, melodrama and bad comedy are very subjective. There are many reasons why this episode may be a perfect to ten to some people so not all the people who voted ten will have a uniform opinion. Generalising will get you nowhere.

Another thing: There is nothing intrinsically wrong with having no standards.
Old 2010-06-28, 06:03   Link #369
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
And honestly, who cares about what people vote anyways aside from some amusement? It's not like other people liking or hating it is gonna affect whether I like or hate it.

It's just a arbitary number; the most important thing is the reasoning behind it, and that's not reflected in the poll.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-28, 06:39   Link #370
Wrath88
Kissing...

I believe the reason why they could have a mass disappearance is because they actually were satisfied with life, but weren't aware of it because they chose to follow Yuri. This applies to TK as well, I suppose.

That was really a touching end after all. Mapo tofu song was a bit funny, and the farewells was good, and the final parting nearly made me cry.
Old 2010-06-28, 07:00   Link #371
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

could it be that Otonashi ended up in that world because he was metaphorically "incomplete" (his heart was taken away) and that the reason he was able to move on was because he finally found his heart again.
its not completely logical on a technical level, but on a symbolic level it makes sense
Old 2010-06-28, 07:05   Link #372
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I believe the reason why they could have a mass disappearance is because they actually were satisfied with life, but weren't aware of it because they chose to follow Yuri. This applies to TK as well, I suppose.

That was really a touching end after all. Mapo tofu song was a bit funny, and the farewells was good, and the final parting nearly made me cry.
I can see the other characters having regrets, I imagine them being the reason for why they're the way they are in the afterlife... just like the characters we've seen.

I can see the girls of GirlsDeMo being denied the joy of joining a band... maybe in real life Irie's parents forbade her from playing the drums... maybe Sekine went to a super strict boarding school with no music program... maybe Hisako was unable to even afford buying a musical instrument during her short life. Unlike Iwasawa (who's dream was to express herself and reach people and finally achieved that goal with her special ballad) they were living out what made them lose their regrets everyday... Iwasawa always had that one thing that kept her from moving on, but maybe the other girls didn't have that because the afterlife itself was satisfying enough for them.

I can see the same with the other exaggerated characters... maybe Yusa was trapped somewhere and couldn't communicate with anyone before she died or lived a life with no privacy (seeing as she gets it all the time in the afterlife)... maybe Ooyama was an intimidating looking guy who just wanted to be seen for what he truly was ( an innocent sweetheart ). Maybe Noda was completely helpless during his life... one thing after another just came at him and he had no way of preparing for anything, maybe somebody special died or maybe he was constantly beaten or was suddenly attacked before he died. Maybe Shiina was always the type who was all over the place and could never focus on one thing no matter how hard she tried. I can see TK being unable to dance for some reason (like Yui's reason or one of the reasons I made up for the remaining GirlsDeMo).

I'd like to think that the other characters have interesting stories and weren't just completely satisfied and left without regrets the entire time. Their youth was stolen from them, so I suppose that alone is enough of an explanation. Either way, I doubt that they went into that world without a single regret.

Old 2010-06-28, 07:10   Link #373
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasunin View Post
anybody up for creative ideas on how TK disappeared?

i think the one thing he failed to do in Life is he probably didn't get to pull off the coolest stunt he has in mind as a hip hop dancer or whatever dance that is called.

Then he recalls all the way since episode 1 of all his stunts that he has pulled off. And Finally...he is able to come to terms with himself and disappears, accepting that he doesn't need to attempt to pull off his coolest stunt he has in mind.

LOL! LAME!

so what other ideas? i mean, TK is so...always in a Hip[Be Cool] Mood. talks little, no complains, no negative or sad sides of him. LOL.
Yeah i know.. Realistically speaking it should simply be impossible for Otonashi to save everyone within the zone.
The most fitting ending should have been scattered resolutions, that or we could just go with the fact that he used Naoi to force boot everyone off the server. ( ̄ー ̄)
Old 2010-06-28, 07:24   Link #374
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I can see the other characters having regrets, I imagine them being the reason for why they're the way they are in the afterlife... just like the characters we've seen.

I can see the girls of GirlsDeMo being denied the joy of joining a band... maybe in real life Irie's parents forbade her from playing the drums... maybe Sekine went to a super strict boarding school with no music program... maybe Hisako was unable to even afford buying a musical instrument during her short life. Unlike Iwasawa (who's dream was to express herself and reach people and finally achieved that goal with her special ballad) they were living out what made them lose their regrets everyday... Iwasawa always had that one thing that kept her from moving on, but maybe the other girls didn't have that because the afterlife itself was satisfying enough for them.

I can see the same with the other exaggerated characters... maybe Yusa was trapped somewhere and couldn't communicate with anyone before she died or lived a life with no privacy (seeing as she gets it all the time in the afterlife)... maybe Ooyama was an intimidating looking guy who just wanted to be seen for what he truly was ( an innocent sweetheart ). Maybe Noda was completely helpless during his life... one thing after another just came at him and he had no way of preparing for anything, maybe somebody special died or maybe he was constantly beaten or was suddenly attacked before he died. Maybe Shiina was always the type who was all over the place and could never focus on one thing no matter how hard she tried. I can see TK being unable to dance for some reason (like Yui's reason or one of the reasons I made up for the remaining GirlsDeMo).

I'd like to think that the other characters have interesting stories and weren't just completely satisfied and left without regrets the entire time. Their youth was stolen from them, so I suppose that alone is enough of an explanation. Either way, I doubt that they went into that world without a single regret.
Even though I knew this was just a speculative opinion, I couldn't help but think they sounded frigging good for background story of each of the secondary characters

They all probably had regrets, each on different levels, but the one thing that may have been one of the key factors for everything to be content with passing on, was that, the SSS was bloody fun. Together, they all had those crazy adventures (you gotta read the novel and manga stories as well, they really crazy adventures =D) and it's enough to satisfy a lot of people, especially at the time, since Takamatsu lost his soul, the others would rather be at peace then lose there soul.

I remember reading a post on this thread that Noda disappearing quickly even though he clearly had feelings for Yuri is odd, but one could look at it as that he was at peace knowing the shadows are gone, thankful for Yuri leading them, and hell, he might have confessed while she was asleep.

Dammit Maede, the ova better be good.
Old 2010-06-28, 07:32   Link #375
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its not Otonashi who saved everyone
they already HAD a satisfying youth living with the SSS and playing around all the time
the reason they didn't move on wasn't because they COULDN'T
its because they REFUSED to do so, out of a belief that they would just fade away if they did.

yuri hinata and naoi passing on in the last ep at a time and place of their choice shows that even if someone has no regrets, they don't have to vanish at once.
its only once they decide that they are READY to move on, that they do so
so long as the kept fighting against tenshi, they wouldn't move on by choice
but once they collectively decided to move on, they simply did so.

Otonoshi's role wasn't to give them peace.
it was to convince them to stop fighting against it.
Old 2010-06-28, 07:50   Link #376
Auron Requies

But wasn't the other reason also because, influenced by Yuri, they wanted to rebel against God? Them refusing to move on is because they wanted to fight against the fate they were given from their previous lives.

It was only after Yuri met up with that random NPC that God having anything to do with this world is close to little or none.
Old 2010-06-28, 07:59   Link #377
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its all about WILL
if they are WILLING to move on, they will be able to move on.
so long as they REFUSE to move on, they will stay in place, even if they have no regrets left.

edit:
just fucking figure out the full implication of it.
Otonashi was sent there for the sole purpose of allowing Kanade to move on.
because if he never showed up, she would forever be stuck there regretting that she never had a chance to thank him.
she even asks him to help her believe what he's always believed
"that living is wonderful"
he's there to set her free.

sniff...
thats so fucking bittersweet

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2010-06-28 at 08:36.
Old 2010-06-28, 08:44   Link #378
Auron Requies

Quote:
its all about WILL
if they are WILLING to move on, they will be able to move on.
so long as they REFUSE to move on, they will stay in place, even if they have no regrets left.
My last post was just to reconfirm the very basest of why the SSS didn't want to move on in the first place. Of course they'd refuse to move on if they were planning on rebelling against God, as well as not knowing what would happen if they were to disappear.

The knowledge of disappearing was also gradually being known since the first case was Iwasawa, then Yui. They were at peace and moved on immediately. While Naoi, Yuri and Hinata are a prime example of choice and time of moving on, they was one thing left for them to do before doing so, not exactly a regret of any sort since they gotten over their issues at that point, but something they wanted to do before moving on. such as the majority of the SSS who were going to move on only until the threat of the shadows are over, Chaa handing Yuri a weapon and thanking her, Yuri apologising to Kanade, and Naoi and Hinata thanking Otonashi.

Short version: The will to move on is set, but only after they've done what they all feel they needed to do.

Quote:
just fucking figure out the full implication of it.
Otonashi was sent there for the sole purpose of allowing Kanade to move on
Yeh, I figured that after watching that scene a second time, it definitely was bittersweet. I was wondering if 'God' was the one who sent Otonashi there because of that. This is why we need more story material.

Heck, wondering if anyone knows if Heaven's Door manga sidestory has any more new story content to flesh out rather then showing whats already shown in the novel? Wanting to dig up more whenever it's available.
Old 2010-06-28, 09:42   Link #379
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
Short version: The will to move on is set, but only after they've done what they all feel they needed to do.
Feels like an RPG. :P

BTW, what happened to all the other NPC's? Don't you find it weird that no teacher got mad at them for using the gym without permission?
Old 2010-06-28, 10:18   Link #380
eiyuu99

They could initiate "graduation ceremony" script on the NPC teachers.
Closed Thread