Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-03, 05:52   Link #41
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That is some awkward starting scene, but I guess they just want to show the Gundam to the newcomers first, but if that’s the case, I question their decision to blatantly spoil some plot-points in the ED, even ones that should not be revealed until it happens. Is this even meant for newcomers at all?

Btw, the OP & ED are certainly a prime example of BanRise cutting corners the best they can. Aside from a tiny bit of new animation near the end of OP (Rising Dragon was spot on), it’s all just reused scenes from the OVAs & they even use the early character art-design sheet as part of the sequence. The ED is even more egregious. Basically all of the sequences are recycled. They only add some gimmicky interface to it. It’s just like AMVs & MAD videos on YT.

I hope the OP & ED do not mirror BanRise’s approach to this Re-airing. I hope they’ll genuinely add more substance to it. Hope is still there considering G-Reco also had recycled OP and they used the rest of the budget for the actual meat of the series, and it was gorgeous.
I'm pretty sure the end of the OP that Rising Dragon was referring to was ripped from one of the new scenes in the later episodes. It's like they didn't even bother - the part with pictures of all the characters appearing felt so 2-D and low effort.

I'm really looking forward to all the new animation, though. Especially the extended Neo Zeong fight. My favourite part in the whole episode was seeing that shot in the OP with the Sinanju wielding its blades Darth Maul style. It was a feature of the Gunpla kits that never made it to the big screen and I'm glad to finally see it.

Also, when does the new single for the OP (Into the Sky, I think) release?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 06:10   Link #42
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
They redrew the hand in this episode: https://twitter.com/gundam_unicorn/s...98560481124352

It's the only new thing in this episodes besides the cheap OP and ED. I don't think they cared about the spoilers that are in the OP/ED since pretty much everyone has already seen this with the OVAs.
So was that the only thing new?
Good redraw atleast

My wish for this TV series is the inclusion of the Phenex, and what became of it. Maybe even include some glimpses of discarded plans for other RX-0 variations based on the animals from the "Lady and the Unicorn" tapestry.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 06:27   Link #43
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The detailing on that hand is amazing. The shadow makes it so much more realistic as do the joints. It looks more like a real hand.
Old 2016-04-03, 07:35   Link #44
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
They redrew the hand in this episode: https://twitter.com/gundam_unicorn/s...98560481124352

It's the only new thing in this episodes besides the cheap OP and ED. I don't think they cared about the spoilers that are in the OP/ED since pretty much everyone has already seen this with the OVAs.
That's it? Well, I guess the saying "If it's not broken, don't fix it" applies here.

Still, I'm not convinced about Bandai's commitment to add meaningful new substance for this re-airing. Rumor has it that this is merely to fill the slot of an anime series called Brave Beats that's flopped hard and got cancelled prematurely. So Bandai need to replace it with something...anything...and they decided to use Unicorn for it. I hope it's not (entirely) true and this Unicorn re-airing has more thought put into it.

Then again, some of BanRise's most prominent additions to SEED Destiny Remaster is to put obvious nipples on Meer Campbell's breast and reveals Lunamaria's panties to make them sexier (if not sluttier) . So I won't be surprised if they make some weird "fixes" on this Re: Unicorn .
Old 2016-04-03, 07:45   Link #45
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

so this is TV series right?
such wasteful decision by Sunrise. I don't know why they decide to rerun this
plenty of us has watched and satisfied with OVA, they should use this opportunity like continue Gundam build fighter s3 or maybe adapt Gundam crossbones.
Totally money waste.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 08:15   Link #46
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
so this is TV series right?
such wasteful decision by Sunrise. I don't know why they decide to rerun this
plenty of us has watched and satisfied with OVA, they should use this opportunity like continue Gundam build fighter s3 or maybe adapt Gundam crossbones.
Totally money waste.
actually its the exact opposite, more money is saved as opposed to 'wasted' due not much new footage was made along with the new fixes done to the existing artwork, unless i sort of failed hard at understanding animation budget economics,

also this was meant to pad out for Iron-Blooded Orphans' 2nd season so the staff had enough time to work on it as opposed to making an entire new show, & Iron-Blooded Orphans isn't the only animated work around, there's the OVA adaptations for The Origins & Thunderbolt roughly produced at the same time as of now & some new announcement for the Crossbone series floating around which is still under the sheets.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 08:56   Link #47
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The opportunity cost of running this show is probably very low. Far too low for a Build Fighter S3 or any new Gundam show for sure. And it probably presents an opportunity to sell even more Unicorn kits and satisfy their investors.
Old 2016-04-03, 09:19   Link #48
Router25
World Connector. I think

In which we still have no idea if which of the three won the RG treatment
Old 2016-04-03, 09:38   Link #49
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Then again, some of BanRise's most prominent additions to SEED Destiny Remaster is to put obvious nipples on Meer Campbell's breast and reveals Lunamaria's panties to make them sexier (if not sluttier) . So I won't be surprised if they make some weird "fixes" on this Re: Unicorn .
If they retouched Unicorn in that fashion, then they have defiled a work of art, and numerous fans would demand it be restored to their original glory
Old 2016-04-03, 10:06   Link #50
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
If they retouched Unicorn in that fashion, then they have defiled a work of art, and numerous fans would demand it be restored to their original glory
making Angelo more FABULOUS~ & more like he stepped out of a BL show?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 10:16   Link #51
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I don't know about you guys but that hand looks much more sexier to me.
Old 2016-04-03, 10:27   Link #52
hai_san

On 1 hand i am glad the is more to the Unicorn franchise but on the other a remake is the least thing i would prefer. Chances are too high that it will be worse than the original, because in my opinion the original is already a masterpiece.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 11:04   Link #53
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Is it just me or did they cut down the time for Marida Cruz introduction fight? Boo, if so. Or maybe its shorter than I remember.
Just for you, I watched both the re-airing and OVA versions side-by-side, and they're 1:1 as far as timing and quality goes. Nothing was cut out, and it feels short because it was such a thrilling combat sequence that it's over before you know it
Old 2016-04-03, 11:40   Link #54
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So where did episode 1 end?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 11:46   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So where did episode 1 end?
Right after Banagher said "You can't do it alone!" to Audrey after they crash-landed on that Worker-pod-thing.
Old 2016-04-03, 13:53   Link #56
Blaat

Matilda vs Sleeves is still awesome today as it was 6 years ago.

Anyway for a second there I thought they were going to pull a Victory Gundam by doing the Gundam fight first and then tell the the first two episodes in flashbacks.
Old 2016-04-03, 14:16   Link #57
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Just for you, I watched both the re-airing and OVA versions side-by-side, and they're 1:1 as far as timing and quality goes. Nothing was cut out, and it feels short because it was such a thrilling combat sequence that it's over before you know it
Ok good, I was wondering if its faulty memory because I remember everything thinking that short battle was awesome. lol
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 14:26   Link #58
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess I'll follow the TV series rather than the OVAs since I've just finished Double Zeta and Char's Counterattack
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 14:31   Link #59
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I guess I'll follow the TV series rather than the OVAs since I've just finished Double Zeta and Char's Counterattack
Well, if the UC is fresh in your memory then nows the perfect time to watch Unicorn.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 17:39   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Matilda vs Sleeves is still awesome today as it was 6 years ago.
Who is Matilda? And why would she fight Sleeves?