AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 13:39   Link #101
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

There's not really any point since according to Johnny she's been waiting for one the whole time.

But I think it's an interesting idea on how Infinite Stratos could've gone...
Old 2011-03-04, 14:07   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I wonder if it is really any meaningful to debate over this, when we have absolutely no cirmcunstances regarding Akatsubaki's creation.

We know that Houki was longing for a personal IS machine, but that doesn't automatically means she asked Tabane to make a personal machine.
Considering how Houki and Tabane were characterized, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter who brought the subject prior this episode, and in the end, made Houki keeping contact with her.
Maybe, but the fact Houki still called her sister makes me think a bit less of her. It's not so much the fact that she got a personal IS through nepotism. Ichika did, too. It's just her attitude toward her sister. Denying ties with her when it suits her, but taking full advantage when she wants something? Bleh. I wasn't much impressed when she name-dropped her sister either, to "coach" Ichika when she really had no qualification to do so.

Other disappointing character: Laura. Her moe-moe side just doesn't do it for me.

Positive points:
- Tabane. Very cute, with her rabbit ears. Doesn't hurt that she's voiced by Tamura Yukari.
- Charles. Especially the bit where she picked up on Ichika's siscon.
- Chifuyu.
Old 2011-03-04, 14:26   Link #103
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There's not really any point since according to Johnny she's been waiting for one the whole time.

But I think it's an interesting idea on how Infinite Stratos could've gone...
I think she didn't really care to get one from her sister and was dragging her feet. Well that was until Ichika showed up and she's like damn I'm gonna get left behind in the race for his heart...

Also something I first missed about changing schools. Weren't they already at a ocean side school...?
Old 2011-03-04, 15:32   Link #104
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Felt like a waste of an episiode to me. I figure by the end, I'll be giving this a 5-6/10. It's just one massively cliched anime filled with stereotypes, an idiotic loser for a main protagonist, cardboard characters with no development and no story. As harems go, this is one of the worst I've seen. I'll finish it off because it's a good distraction, but it definitely leaves something to be desired.

The only girl I really like is Charlotte as she's the only one who's had any development... and is the only one who doesn't go complete berserk and beat on Ichika for every little thing. Laura was cute this episode, but the sudden personality change was just jarring.
Old 2011-03-04, 15:58   Link #105
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe, but the fact Houki still called her sister makes me think a bit less of her. It's not so much the fact that she got a personal IS through nepotism. Ichika did, too. It's just her attitude toward her sister. Denying ties with her when it suits her, but taking full advantage when she wants something? Bleh. I wasn't much impressed when she name-dropped her sister either, to "coach" Ichika when she really had no qualification to do so.
My thoughts exactly. First she goes off saying "she's not my sister, I hate her, she ruined my life, bla bla bla". Then she goes off and says that she´s Tabane´s sister "the CREATOR OF IS CORES". Ok, so what of it Houki? That´s YOUR SISTER´S MERITS...not yours. How would being the sister of the creator automatically make you a "coach"?

So now that she needs an IS she forgets everything and calls her sis. Real nice...

She´s just getting an IS because of her sister, not because she´s got skill. A lot of people say that Houki was at a disadvantage when fighting against Charl because of her IS being a mass produced one and not a personal one. But here´s the thing...even with her personal IS, she´s still not a good pilot. Don´t believe me? Read the IS pilot stats.

Anyway, I DON´T HATE HOUKI. I just find it irritating the way her character is...heck, maybe we'll get some development on her perspectives later on...idk. Just now I´m upset.
Old 2011-03-04, 16:09   Link #106
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
My thoughts exactly. First she goes off saying "she's not my sister, I hate her, she ruined my life, bla bla bla". Then she goes off and says that she´s Tabane´s sister "the CREATOR OF IS CORES". Ok, so what of it Houki? That´s YOUR SISTER´S MERITS...not yours. How would being the sister of the creator automatically make you a "coach"?

So now that she needs an IS she forgets everything and calls her sis. Real nice...

She´s just getting an IS because of her sister, not because she´s got skill. A lot of people say that Houki was at a disadvantage when fighting against Charl because of her IS being a mass produced one and not a personal one. But here´s the thing...even with her personal IS, she´s still not a good pilot. Don´t believe me? Read the IS pilot stats.

Anyway, I DON´T HATE HOUKI. I just find it irritating the way her character is...heck, maybe we'll get some development on her perspectives later on...idk. Just now I´m upset.
I'm seeing Houki trashed a lot for this episode but let's be honest, she was forced to separate from Ichika because of Tabane for a few years and even lost out on the date she was going to get with him because she had to concede from the kendo tournament. Houki has a lot of issues about her sister because of this but she is still willing to use the relation because it allows her to spend time with Ichika which Tabane cost her before. I really don't see a big deal with this, the other girls have all used their connections or previous relation to Ichika to get closer. Though I'll concede that Charlotte was kind of forced into the situation and she didn't want to take advantage of it until after she fell for him.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-04, 16:24   Link #107
zero7090

Holyshit, Laura is so cute. CharlottexLaura 3 some flag triggered.

p/s: animation drop like crap this ep.
Old 2011-03-04, 16:47   Link #108
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm seeing Houki trashed a lot for this episode but let's be honest, she was forced to separate from Ichika because of Tabane for a few years and even lost out on the date she was going to get with him because she had to concede from the kendo tournament. Houki has a lot of issues about her sister because of this but she is still willing to use the relation because it allows her to spend time with Ichika which Tabane cost her before. I really don't see a big deal with this, the other girls have all used their connections or previous relation to Ichika to get closer. Though I'll concede that Charlotte was kind of forced into the situation and she didn't want to take advantage of it until after she fell for him.
I actually saw it differently. From the phone call and the reaction she displayed when Tabane mentioned Akatsubaki tells me that Houki didn't ask for her personal IS. Even if she did, does it really matter? And a machine is only as good as it's pilot and as was established, Houki isn't that great of a pilot.
Old 2011-03-04, 16:49   Link #109
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
I actually saw it differently. From the phone call and the reaction she displayed when Tabane mentioned Akatsubaki tells me that Houki didn't ask for her personal IS. Even if she did, does it really matter? A machine is only as good as it's pilot.
I was kind of aluding more to the earlier times in the series when she uses her sister's name to be Ichika's trainer. I know she didn't ask for a personal IS though it seemed like she was about to judging by her reaction to Tabane saying she had already made one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-04, 16:54   Link #110
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
I was kind of aluding more to the earlier times in the series when she uses her sister's name to be Ichika's trainer. I know she didn't ask for a personal IS though it seemed like she was about to judging by her reaction to Tabane saying she had already made one.
Whoops my bad. But yeah I agree her life and chance to get with Ichika was screwed over by Tabane. Seeing as how every girl in the school had eyes on him, I wouldn't blame Houki for using her sister's name.
Old 2011-03-04, 16:57   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And none of them denied said connections. None of them badmouthed them only to turn around and hide behind them. Except Houki. That's what sticks in our crow.

Besides, as far as we know, Charles's the only one who got there by nepotism. And even then, there was a serious element of give-and-take. It just wasn't based entirely on piloting ability. Everyone else earned their spot with hard work and skill. (Granted, it didn't look like a lot of skill where Rin and Cecilia were concerned... I also have to question Laura's teamwork. We learn in this ep that she does have a team, so what gives?)

Compare and contrast Ichika, who's openly admirative of his sister, and works hard to deserve what he gets, if not to earn it.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-03-04 at 17:09.
Old 2011-03-04, 17:56   Link #112
Bombo
TSF Fans

Charl <3 still num.1
Laura with her headquarter haha funny scene tbh .
THE BLACK RABBIT!!
Hahahaa
Old 2011-03-04, 19:10   Link #113
Riptide

Anyone else see a production quality drop? especially to Rin and Cecilia's faces. Beach episode too! Worst timing ever! Naked Laura redeems it of course.

Also, Ocean's Eleven? then Thin Red Line? wonder what the episode after the next one will be called.
Old 2011-03-04, 19:19   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What an episode with Laura's character being pretty odd. Think Charlotte manages to hold her top spot thanks to the whole running away into the ocean thing by Laura. She's still got a level head and knows that it's going to be a long battle to break through Ichika's denseness. Can really step up the bold moments as well like in that change room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post

This kind of reminds me why Charlotte is such a good pilot. Everyone's using these 3rd generation personal machines, but she did a great job with her 2nd generation unit that really doesn't have a ton of flashy items.

But yeah can understand and feel some irritation with her. I can understand being frustrated thanks to what has gone on in her life after her sister's discovery. But then be frustrated and keep your distance. Unless she's suddenly going to swap and be a fan of her sister now that she's gotten a personal unit.
Old 2011-03-04, 20:00   Link #115
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Where do you go to find those piloting stats?
Old 2011-03-04, 20:04   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

Funny sidenote: If you want to know what Ichika really thinks, rewatch the scene where he yells at Laura to cover herself very closely, keeping an eye on him

This is looking toooo funny ^_^
Old 2011-03-04, 20:09   Link #117
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Funny sidenote: If you want to know what Ichika really thinks, rewatch the scene where he yells at Laura to cover herself very closely, keeping an eye on him

This is looking toooo funny ^_^
Yes, one of the highlights of the episode is the very beginning.
Old 2011-03-04, 20:18   Link #118
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm having a hard time juggling on who's the sexiest.

Tabane or Chifuyu(sans swimsuit + hair down)?

Everyone else fails in comparison to them, except maybe Houki or green-hair sensei.

Last edited by Nvis; 2011-03-04 at 21:27.
Old 2011-03-04, 20:32   Link #119
iceyfw

right... so i'm assuming the creator of the IS is still in hiding and the countries and companies involved in IS research gave up searching for her or didn't even plan to keep a bug on houki's cellphone or keep a close eye on her. i don't even know why they bothered to move houkis family around so much if it was a serious pressing matter when the older sister revealed the IS technology.

ok. it doesn't make logically sense in the IS plot. but. ok.
Old 2011-03-04, 21:06   Link #120
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

>Charlotte
>nickname: Char
>CHAR CHAR~
>Charmander?

o______o
Closed Thread