AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-21, 16:29   Link #2601
Kurohane

This is one reason I really like Sun and Moon.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2018-10-28 at 16:20.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 21:55   Link #2602
Twi

Anyone read the Festival of Champions? It's a fan-manga that's the most epic thing I've read in a while related to pokemon.
Old 2019-04-09, 17:20   Link #2603
Chosen_Hero

So I went back to watch the anime, not even half an episode in and I am already considering dropping Sun and Moon for good.

The Ultra Guardians thing is so stupid, why the hell are the adults letting the kids deal with the Ultra Beasts when they have not only the freaking Kahunas but also Kukui (who is at their level) around? Better yet, they have the freaking Aether Foundation, why aren't they dealing with it? Can't they hire some Pokemon trainer mercenaries or something? I mean, they clearly have the money for it.

A bit of a nitpick but, why the hell is Garchomp flying? Even if he is designed after an old war plane he is NOT supposed to be able to fly since he is a freaking ground type land shark. Why is the anime so stupid when it comes to Garchomp?

By the way, they end up catching Buzzwole by posing at it... Yeah, I don't get it either.
Old 2019-04-09, 17:46   Link #2604
Huh...?

Can't comment much on the other points except this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
A bit of a nitpick but, why the hell is Garchomp flying? Even if he is designed after an old war plane he is NOT supposed to be able to fly since he is a freaking ground type land shark. Why is the anime so stupid when it comes to Garchomp?
Its not the Anime's fault though, as they are just following Garchomp's lore, aka., Pokedex entries.

Here are its DEX entries from the games,
Quote:
Diamond - When it folds up its body and extends its wings, it looks like a jet plane. It flies at sonic speed.
Pearl - It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape.
Platinum - It is said that when one runs at high speed, its wings create blades of wind that can fell nearby trees.
Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Its body is covered in fine scales that reduce drag, enabling it to fly at high speeds.
Black/White/Black 2/White 2 - It is said that when one runs at high speed, its wings create blades of wind that can fell nearby trees.
X/Omega Ruby - When it folds up its body and extends its wings, it looks like a jet plane. It flies at sonic speed.
Y/Alpha Sapphire - It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape.
Sun - It can fly at speeds rivaling jet planes. It dives into flocks of bird Pokémon and gulps the entire flock down whole.
Moon - The protuberances on its head serve as sensors. It can even detect distant prey.
Ultra Sun - It flies at the speed of sound while searching for prey, and it has midair battles with Salamence as the two compete for food.
Ultra Moon - Its fine scales don't just reduce wind resistance—their sharp edges also cause injury to any opponent who attacks it.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 19:05   Link #2605
Twi

Quote:
So I went back to watch the anime, not even half an episode in and I am already considering dropping Sun and Moon for good.

The Ultra Guardians thing is so stupid, why the hell are the adults letting the kids deal with the Ultra Beasts when they have not only the freaking Kahunas but also Kukui (who is at their level) around? Better yet, they have the freaking Aether Foundation, why aren't they dealing with it? Can't they hire some Pokemon trainer mercenaries or something? I mean, they clearly have the money for it.

By the way, they end up catching Buzzwole by posing at it... Yeah, I don't get it either.
Oh, thank goodness it wasn't only me who thought this. Yeah, why let the kids do it? It's a downgrade when the games had the excuse of being saturated in the radiation from Ultra Space.
Old 2019-04-09, 20:10   Link #2606
Kurohane

That's like asking why Cynthia went to get Ash and co. for the final confrontation with Team Galactic instead of calling the Elite Four.
Old 2019-04-10, 03:14   Link #2607
alex_drian

Quote:
That is fine according to lore, is the game that is retarded in that Garchomp can't learn Fly or ExtremeSpeed.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 18:57   Link #2608
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
In the games, it's speculated Buzzwole's posing is its way to communicate, so this could just be an extension of that. So, essentially, they caught it by talking it out, which also fits the lore since UBs were never evil invaders, just stray animals doing what comes naturally to them.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 19:42   Link #2609
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
That is fine according to lore, is the game that is retarded in that Garchomp can't learn Fly or ExtremeSpeed.
He is a ground type, he ISN'T supposed to fly (no ground type flies). Also, if we are going by lore then the games beat out the anime and in them they don't fly. Besides, who the hell still believes the pokedex at this point? That thing isn't supposed to be taken 100% seriously, especially considering that it is meant more to give the player an approximation of what that Pokemon is than actual "factual" description of the Pokemon.

Seriously, have you read some of the bullshit in that thing? If half of that were true there would be no Pokemon world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
In the games, it's speculated Buzzwole's posing is its way to communicate, so this could just be an extension of that. So, essentially, they caught it by talking it out, which also fits the lore since UBs were never evil invaders, just stray animals doing what comes naturally to them.
That logic makes no sense because how are you supposed to know that your poses mean to it? For all they know they could be insulting him and his species and declaring war, it's not like they even did the minimum effort in studying it and it's habits (even thought they have an entire foundation with scientists).

By the way, why isn't this thread ever in the current anime section?
Old 2019-04-18, 22:32   Link #2610
alex_drian

Quote:
He is a ground type, he ISN'T supposed to fly (no ground type flies).
PFFF, the lines of Flygon and Gliscor says Hi.
Old 2019-04-18, 22:47   Link #2611
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
PFFF, the lines of Flygon and Gliscor says Hi.
The Gliscor evolution line glides, he doesn't fly (doesn't even learn the move), also he is mostly poison. I will give you Flygon but I still stand by the thought that he should have been bug/dragon because ground typing never made any sense for it (especially considering that Garchomp overshadowed it, heck, I even forgot about it).
Old 2019-04-18, 23:49   Link #2612
alex_drian

Quote:
The Gliscor evolution line glides, he doesn't fly (doesn't even learn the move), also he is mostly poison. I will give you Flygon but I still stand by the thought that he should have been bug/dragon because ground typing never made any sense for it (especially considering that Garchomp overshadowed it, heck, I even forgot about it).
Oh, I just remembered Landorus...and Gorlurk.
Old 2019-04-19, 00:05   Link #2613
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Oh, I just remembered Landorus...and Gorlurk.
Landorus is a legendary, they just do things like flying because they are legendary, not because it makes sense and Gorlurk is part ghost, you are reaching with this one.
Old 2019-04-19, 00:08   Link #2614
alex_drian

Quote:
Landorus is a legendary, they just do things like flying because they are legendary and not because it makes sense and Gorlurk is part ghost, you are reaching with this one.
Gorlurk is more of a golem than a ghost, a golem that can rocked-launched itself Ironman-style, also, he ACTUALLY can learn Fly.
Old 2019-05-05, 21:42   Link #2615
Chosen_Hero

Fine I will give you that, but it is still just ONE ground Pokemon and for it to fly they had to have not only supposed ancient civilization be smart enough to somehow use rocket science (which no matter the world is pretty bullshit, especially if their main material is rocks) but also have it run on perpetual energy something that even with the Pokemon worlds advanced technology is impossible. Also, it is somehow a ghost... seriously, at least have the decency of saying that it is possesed by a spirit or something, but no, it is just magic (I guess) that makes it a ghost.

By the way, it is in a rough state but the PS4 now had it's own Pokémon game:

------------------

I just saw episodes 63 and it was an actually enjoyable episode, except for the crappy training montage that was literally a copy of the crappy training montage he did with Rockruff (pretty sad that this is what passes for training nowadays in this series).

By the way, how screwed up is it that Kukui and Burnet are better parents to Satoshi/Ash than his own parents?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-05-07 at 07:01.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 21:23   Link #2616
Twi

Ever wonder what happens when legendaries and mythicals duke it out?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-05-17, 21:44   Link #2617
grecefar

damn that was soooooo awesome and funny!
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 21:50   Link #2618
Twi

Here's the long-winded explanation for why it happened:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There's also a previous video on page 130 of this forum.
Old 2019-05-17, 22:14   Link #2619
grecefar

yeah I was watching it, I'm behind since bw2 so I was reading the commentaries about what happend to giratina, some says he died when yveltal was killed so I don't know the connection between the two, btw I never found azelf and mesprit in the video.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-19, 08:14   Link #2620
Twi

The non-combatant ones or ones that didn't have a chance were cameos or not even included from what I can tell. One of the Lake Trio ended up melting when Groudon got involved. As for Giratina, while he could escape Yveltal when it died by going into its own world, that's out of bounds. Even if it wasn't, he'd just have been fodder for the final fight given that Ultra Necrozma had basically every ounce of Infinite Energy that Victini had.