AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-27, 14:08   Link #41
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I watched the entire episode yes. That's why I know. It really felt non-Kamachi. Barely any excitement at all @___@;

Misaki, Mikoto's hyper railgun and Touma pretty much saved the episode for me.
You didn't like Mugino!!!!! How cruel. What about Frenda, Takitsubou, and Saiai. How could you say that.

What about Saten-mecha mode. What about Uiharu controlling machines.

What about Kongou's level 4 wind attacks. What about Kuroko's insane teleportation into space. What about Mikoto surviving the fricking fabric of space? What about Yomikawa + Konori being important, what about everything in this whole episode!!!

I have no words for the disappointment for the people hating this.

I watched the real version of the episode so I wasn't distracted. That made it much much better.

And Zaarael I understand, it just felt better to me because I watched episode 23/24 back to back for the first time which made the whole experience much better.

It was also probably because I absolutely started to hate this season before I watched those two episodes and completely changed my opinion

This reminds me of the last 3 episodes of season I I think I'm starting to see a trend.

BTW for everyone complaining about nothing making sense, for things Kamachi writes this is extremely tame. The people who are saying it is too crazy who read light novels are being ridiculous. The people who are saying the opposite (I don't think anyone is) are also being ridiculous.

Kamachi writes insanity. This is exactly something Kamachi would write. I totally believe it.

I just don't understand how anyone wouldn't like this... I'm very confused

Anyway, all of the fighting made sense to me... maybe it's because I'm in Japanese mode because it's been a week since I started taking Japanese I classes every day and I actually understood a lot of the raw of the episode because I practiced a lot in a few days basic sentence structures in Japanese

This episode really was touching. I promise subtitles will make it better, but I felt like I understood most or pretty much all of what was going on except a few minor details... (I'm rather pleased about this )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:12   Link #42
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You didn't like Mugino!!!!! How cruel. What about Frenda, Takitsubou, and Saiai. How could you say that.

What about Kongou's level 4 wind attacks. What about Kuroko's insane teleportation into space. What about Mikoto surviving the fricking fabric of space? What about Yomikawa + Konori being important, what about everything in this whole episode!!!

I have no words for the disappointment for the people hating this.

I watched the real version of the episode so I wasn't distracted. That made it much much better.
I said already in the first page I liked ITEM, Saten, and Mikoto's epicness

Just that the story itself was fail. That's why for my heart, after the Sisters Arc, Railgun pretty much ended for me.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:15   Link #43
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Wait Kuroko teleported all the way into space? Isn't her range like 80 meters? And how would electricity allow Misaka to survive space? You really aren't selling this episode.

I'm not going to judge this episode until tom when I watch it (why do you guys watch without subs if you don't speak Japanese anyways?) but I'm not going into this with high expectation. That said I'm also not going into it looking to hate it. I'm just setting my hopes low so that I can get pleasantly surprised if I like it.

Quote:

BTW for everyone complaining about nothing making sense, for things Kamachi writes this is extremely tame. The people who are saying it is too crazy who read light novels are being ridiculous. The people who are saying the opposite (I don't think anyone is) are also being ridiculous.

Kamachi writes insanity. This is exactly something Kamachi would write. I totally believe it.
No. This story reads nothing like a Kamachi story. I can't speak for this episode but the rest of this arc is nothing like what he would write. It's pretty obvious he gave them the major details and they messed with it however they chose too.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:17   Link #44
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I said already in the first page I liked ITEM, Saten, and Mikoto's epicness

Just that the story itself was fail. That's why for my heart, after the Sisters Arc, Railgun pretty much ended for me.
Wait... did you understand the plot of this episode? IMO episode 23/24 plot completely explain what was going on and convinced this was completely correct. It really made perfect sense.

I mean Railgun addressed some fundamental issues that haven't been addressed with the city. The ending of this arc to me felt very reminiscent of season I. Also the motivations of all of the characters were very well explained.

After watching the end of this arc and believing I understand it, I don't know how I could be dissatisfied with the story anymore. Everything was resolved that was lingering in my mind.

Ilidsor, you'll understand. Don't worry I won't spoil any details. Just watch it tomorrow. I promise you'll most likely enjoy it.

Everything will make sense when you watch it. It's one of those things that must be watched to be understood
Old 2013-09-27, 14:17   Link #45
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Wait Kuroko teleported all the way into space? Isn't her range like 80 meters? And how would electricity allow Misaka to survive space? You really aren't selling this episode.

I'm not going to judge this episode until tom when I watch it (why do you guys watch without subs if you don't speak Japanese anyways?) but I'm not going into this with high expectation. That said I'm also not going into it looking to hate it. I'm just setting my hopes low so that I can get pleasantly surprised if I like it.
No she did not teleport all the way to space. They first rode this Mecha that Kongou's father gave and flew up to the sky then Mikoto fired that mecha as a railgun at a missile. Kuroko only teleported back down to the ground after that happened.

And I think they made a few contradictions towards the whole franchise's story timeline.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:18   Link #46
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
No she did not teleport all the way to space. They first rode this Mecha that Kongou's father gave and flew up to the sky then Mikoto fired that mecha as a railgun at a missile. Kuroko only teleported back down to the ground after that happened.
Okay thank you. That was going to bug me all day.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:18   Link #47
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
It... really isn't dniv. This isn't his style at all.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:19   Link #48
Shinhwa
Banned

I can tell Kamachi's style. This is totally not Kamachi at all =A=
Old 2013-09-27, 14:24   Link #49
mark1246

Before reading this comment, just keep in mind ep. 22 ending where Misaka chooses to let her get injected with the serum instead of using any of her power to grab the device from the scientist dude.....ok, let begin

So there a moment in the episode where THAT SAME SITUATION HAPPEN (has a gun to head) and Misaka on the other side. So im thinking "just please let him die, he the most sissy stupidest bad guy in the to aru verse yet". It turn out, that Misaka stop him by USING HER electricty by skiing across the hall in fast speed to prevent him from shooting herself. >.< nice moves Misak-......

Wait....WHAT THE FUCK MISAKA!! IF YOU CAN DO THAT, WHY THE HELL YOU COULD'T DO THAT IN EP.22 TO GET THE USB DRIVE FROM HIM TO SAVE FEBURI....AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS god by reading this thread that it was no Kamachi writing this, because my god, I THINK THE WRITER DIDN'T NOW SHIT ABOUT HOW TO USE MISAKA POWER! IT PISSES ME OFF

OPINION:
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:25   Link #50
Sumeragi
Banned

Except you know, you could completely destroy the data in the USB with such powers.

So many people are thinking only about one thing and missing the real problem.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:26   Link #51
Haigon

According to 2ch this episode happenned in August 31st.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:30   Link #52
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Basically, you guys are saying it lacked the Kamachi touch we came to know as awesome absurdity.
Well, since I haven't watched the episode yet, I'm going to lower my expectations as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
That is ridiculous. That would make this non-canon. I mean Railgun has messed with the timeline before but that is just plain ridiculous.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:32   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
THANKS god by reading this thread that it was no Kamachi writing this, because my god, I THINK THE WRITER DIDN'T NOW SHIT ABOUT HOW TO USE MISAKA POWER! IT PISSES ME OFF

I'm pretty sure nobody here cited any source about Kamachi not writing it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:47   Link #54
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
It... really isn't dniv. This isn't his style at all.
Quote:
I can tell Kamachi's style. This is totally not Kamachi at all =A=
You misunderstand.

Kamachi's style is slow -> mind blown. This was the same thing. Hence it was his style. I mean this in the loosest sense.

Anyway, what I want to point out is that this was definitely written by him...

I don't see how this isn't his style... ??? Amazing writing= Kamachi's style

What else is his style???

Anyway, the reason this is his style should be obvious, it's his new testament 7 style It really is though I mean how it is not that ?

Also, the things people are complaining about make no sense to me... Mikoto's character development really was called for and it finally happened. I finally understand what Kamachi is trying to show here, so why are people still thinking about it in the way they thought about it before seeing this arc? Kamachi came up with this arc, hence it's clear his intentions align with the point of this arc. I already appreciate exactly what is being said here and it definitely fits in with the giant point Kamachi is trying to make...

This progression definitely is natural when you think about it...
Old 2013-09-27, 14:50   Link #55
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
You misunderstand.

Kamachi's style is slow -> mind blown. This was the same thing. Hence it was his style. I mean this in the loosest sense.

Anyway, what I want to point out is that this was definitely written by him...

I don't see how this isn't his style... ??? Amazing writing= Kamachi's style

What else is his style???

Anyway, the reason this is his style should be obvious, it's his new testament 7 style It really is though I mean how it is not that ?
It's not about what happened, it's about the overall tone of the arc. It doesn't fit anything Kamachi writes.
Old 2013-09-27, 14:57   Link #56
TJR

Bear in mind that Kamachi has to create the story within the requested framework and specifications. On the Index movie, there were very few requests, but this isn't necessarily true for Railgun (IMO, the style is consistent with Nagai's previous work, and Minakami did a commendable job of overseeing/reconciling scripts by five different writers).

Interestingly, Hiroyuki Yoshino (Miracle of Endymion) handled the last two episodes of this arc, along with Ep. 19.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 15:05   Link #57
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It's not about what happened, it's about the overall tone of the arc. It doesn't fit anything Kamachi writes.
That's my point. Perhaps this is where things are going now in the storyline. If you think hard enough about it... nothing that happens in this arc actually contradicts anything else in the storyline. It is only after you think very hard about it that you actually realize this...
Old 2013-09-27, 15:52   Link #58
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Woah, so much hate for this episode.. (not going to quote the people here)
I wonder how much of you people actually TRIED TO WATCH IT and paid attention to all the details this episode had and how many of you judged it even before it aired.
While I respect your opinion I also would ask you respect others's. I did watch it. For me it was horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Good, then it's obviously non-canon and can be ignored. How awkward would be the fake date with Touma in that parallel universe.

"Hey you, go out in a fake date with me to stop this stalker that has been following me all this week! By the way, did you know I've been to space today?"

Quote:

Saten mecha mode is ridiculous. I would have believed Uiharu piloting a powered suit with a keyboard (something similar as to how Lelouch piloted his in Code Geass). One night of reading manual doesn't equal piloting a giant powered suit.

I have nothing against manga!Uiharu or god forbid it the awesomeness of LN!Uiharu. I also don't have anything against Kongou, manga!Kongou is one of my favorite characters in Railgun and the manga has shown her powers to be that awesome.

Kuroko didn't teleport to space. That would be even worse, she has a limited range of 80m. Mikoto can't survive in space, she's not a Saint neither does she have any magical protection. Judgment shouldn't be doing anything but evacuating the civilians and letting Anti-Skill handle the powered suits, it's not their role. Yomikawa letting even one kid (specially Saten, who doesn't matter how much Nagai ignores it, is still a powerless civilian who shouldn't be even there) near her to fight against a powered suit or to pilot one to fight is so derailing to her character it hurts.

Quote:
That's my point. Perhaps this is where things are going now in the storyline. If you think hard enough about it... nothing that happens in this arc actually contradicts anything else in the storyline. It is only after you think very hard about it that you actually realize this...
dniv, as already said before this whole arc (and railgun anime in general) doesn't fit in the timeline of the series. Besides from that this arcs 'character development' of Misaka contradicts both the Remnant arc from Index and Daihaseisai from Railgun. She doesn't seek help from Kuroko and the other two because she knows they can get killed in these sort of things. Like Touma she doesn't like to bring other people into her troubles.

I apologize in advance if someone thinks I'm being rude or something else. This episode has left me in a bad mood.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-09-27 at 17:40.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 16:30   Link #59
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I can't believe this!!!!

I just rewatched the scene where Mikoto rushed at the robots and I saw a panty shot... it wasn't even a shot of shorts... that was weird wow...
Old 2013-09-27, 16:30   Link #60
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
I can't believe this!!!!

I just rewatched the scene where Mikoto rushed at the robots and I saw a panty shot... it wasn't even a shot of shorts... that was weird wow...
It amazes me you went back to that.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote