AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-24, 18:58   Link #21
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
If we had any bondage in Naruto the series would become 10x more interesting :P
Dam me and my poor choice of words
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 19:06   Link #22
ntherblast

Wow deidara and sasori got defeated jeez so much for being immortal. just read the chapter deidara and sasori and deidara just stood around half the time while the alliance attacked them jeez. this wasn't even a battle this was pretty much the adults walking into kindergarten beating the kids up which are the zombies

Last edited by ntherblast; 2010-11-24 at 20:58.
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 19:14   Link #23
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I just had a random daydream about the war. The zombies are wtfpawning when the uzumaki come out of exile to the rescue of the alliance. They come running down a hill like gandalf in LOTR: two towers at helms deep. They start shooting sealing jutsu's left, right and centre. Just a daydream
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 19:55   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually it is completely different circumstances. In that battle, Orochimaru neutered the personalities of the old Kages, rendering the "attack" we see in this chapter impossible to accomplish in that battle. Consequently, Kabuto needs to start neutering his Zombies, else they will all be killed with the power of Love...
Eh, i guess that's good enough reason... though i really, really hope we aren't gonna see a lot of this. Defeating your enemies through the power of love will get real old real quick... man so much for wanting to see Kabuto use jiriya or someone else to mess with Naruto's head; I liked the idea at first, but now the end to that fight would be way to predictable for me to get excited about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Wow deidara and sasori got defeated jeez so much for being immortal
And y'know... just last chapter i think i said that it's a shonen rule that good guys always loose at first... well so much for that...
I do have to say i can't help but feel the immortal zombies feel a bit less threatening as they did last chapter. I mean, the semi-prominant characters didn't seem like they took much damage at all, making the capture of the two former Atasuki badasses seem relatively easy, and the third zombie was beaten by the power of love... not a good start for the zombies...

I'm actually wondering what happened to the rest of deidara's clay. It doesn't take much clay for him to suicide bomb and he usually does carry plenty; should have enough to free himself. I guess there's some hope there...

Though i can't help but feel like this is what we will have to expect... the zombies make for epic line up that can be full of great fights; but kishi can't dedicate that much time with so many zombies so the fights will likely have to be quicker than we would probably like... though at the same time i'm still seeing this war as a step up from what we got with bleach
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 20:02   Link #25
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Kishi you are retarded! You had a chance to make this manga interesting again, creating a real threat to the good guys but no you take the retard root and nerf the Akatsuki zombies so they're now cannon fodder so now anyone can take them out.

There is no threat anymore hurry up and skip to where Naruto friendship speeches Madara and end this manga.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 20:09   Link #26
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

Kishi you are retarded! You had a chance to make this manga interesting again, creating a real threat to the good guys but no you take the retard root and nerf the Akatsuki zombies so they're now cannon fodder so now anyone can take them out.

There is no threat anymore hurry up and skip to where Naruto friendship speeches Madara and end this manga.
Edo Tensei is like that, Old Sarutobi could match, despite his age, to the most formidable ninjas from the Leaf. So this is not like it was unexpectable.

I think it was a good chapter, Omoi lived my expectations and Kankuro was a great commander. Even we could see a mad Sai, that was some art right for Deidara, Hmmm.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:28   Link #27
Ashaman

Guys, I'm not sure the fight is over.

Besides, there is one thing you are forgetting. Sasori didn't really have his puppets this time around. Basically he came to a ninja fight with strings. Chakra strings, true, but strings none the less.

Deidara. he just got nerfed. He got pissed and decided to take all of them out, but was quickly stopped due to his weak affinity.

Sai got angry, and surprised them. He is scary when he is angry. They underestimated them.

And did tht fodder nin raise the entire battle feild 20 feet, or was I just imagining things?
Old 2010-11-24, 20:37   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

their not nerfed, daidira is useless if the enemy knows his shit by heart. and the puppetguy got better. you think he sat back and played video games? and we never got to see the cloud guy, even tho i knew he would be bad ass.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:52   Link #29
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
their not nerfed, daidira is useless if the enemy knows his shit by heart. and the puppetguy got better. you think he sat back and played video games? and we never got to see the cloud guy, even tho i knew he would be bad ass.
This I agree with. Kankuro got a whole of a hell of alot better and Omoi just continues to impress me. I really enjoy Sai showing emotion and what he did next.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 21:04   Link #30
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
This I agree with. Kankuro got a whole of a hell of alot better and Omoi just continues to impress me. I really enjoy Sai showing emotion and what he did next.
I prefer this to a chapter with Deidara and Sasori kicking their butts... it shows some development, we never ever saw Sai going emotional. Kankuro is showing his status as a commander of an unit... and Omoi is showing his training under Bee.

And now i die for see Temari's skills.
Old 2010-11-24, 21:14   Link #31
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So the zombies will die as long as their souls find peace.
Old 2010-11-24, 21:14   Link #32
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I prefer this to a chapter with Deidara and Sasori kicking their butts... it shows some development, we never ever saw Sai going emotional. Kankuro is showing his status as a commander of an unit... and Omoi is showing his training under Bee.

You could show development though without giving them such an easy ride, sure they developed but remember when Akatsuki members were S-Class nins that were feared? Well now they can be taken out without the heroes even trying, Kishi could've just done them losing but giving Sasori and Deidara a run for their money.

Like Kishi said, this battle sets the tone for the entire war, the tone set is the zombies are barely a threat so I doubt the cannon fodder Zetsus will be any better, I mean come on even the Espada who turned out to be entirely useless at least caused some casualities/damage before biting the dust.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 21:37   Link #33
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah it's a good chapter. DOesn't make the characters seem like they didn't get better at all.
Old 2010-11-24, 21:39   Link #34
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
You could show development though without giving them such an easy ride
And to live the BLEACH EXPERIENCE again???... no, hell no... i like this... isn't a piece of art, but i found it more fitting for a war of this extension, with a lot of battles.

Quote:
sure they developed but remember when Akatsuki members were S-Class nins that were feared? Well now they can be taken out without the heroes even trying, Kishi could've just done them losing but giving Sasori and Deidara a run for their money.
Already said this, but Old Sarutobi faced 2 Hokages: Shodaime and Nidaime... we're talking of one guy who fought Madara!. The Zombies aren't the originals, they can't be as strong as the originals.

Quote:
Like Kishi said, this battle sets the tone for the entire war, the tone set is the zombies are barely a threat so I doubt the cannon fodder Zetsus will be any better, I mean come on even the Espada who turned out to be entirely useless at least caused some casualities/damage before biting the dust.
I think that is one big difference between Kishi and the other Troll... Kishi wastes his "talent" ( ) in the big fights: Naruto, Sasuke, etc... but he doesn't waste time in others fights. Take for instance Kakashi's fight against Pain. He will not slow down the pace here.
Old 2010-11-24, 22:14   Link #35
xPresagio

No one has mentioned something that may (or may not) become relevant in the future:

Akatsuki Zombies could be easily neutralized, thanks to.. Kabuto.

After all, we should remember that he provided a dossier to Konoha, with a good deal of information about most of its members.

Of course, it's entirely possible that during the war, the author relies only on the feedback provided by the shinobi that had relationship with them when they where alive (for example, Omoi could have learned about the electricity weakness from the Earth Kage or his aids).

Although I did find interesting that Deidara was hit on his main "mouth", considering that his C0 was supposed to be created at some point after joining Akatsuki. Perhaps sheer luck, or perhaps the hit point wouldn't matter anyway...

._

Extra: You can bet everything you got, that Anko is not done yet. Kabuto let her pursuing him since Pain's invasion, and even took the time to guide all the team to Madara's lair.

There is still a lot of story to be told on that regard..
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:26   Link #36
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent chapter. There are so many battles ahead and to spend too much time on each one would be maddening. Good job this week, Kishi.
Old 2010-11-24, 22:47   Link #37
tarachi
Observer

And to think some guys are already saying edo tensei is unbeatable...

Anyway I think this skirmish is not over, for one they can be resummoned, and I think the 4th zombie is returning to them, he may help Sasori and Deidara to escape.

Also I agree that technically, Sasori are nerfed only because he has no advance puppets (with magnetic metals, poison smoke), and Deidara was just canceled out via elemental weakness which is bad luck for him.

I also think that the bad guys has the option to lose first (for plot) because they can be resummoned unless freed (like Sai's brother). Unlike the other side, in which losing mostly means dying or severely out for action.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:48   Link #38
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
There aren't as many fights as we think. Especially if Kishimoto only gives two chapters to each fight. There is no reason to not stretch this out. Bleach's Winter War and OP's Marine War weren't near their manga's end. This arc should be long and epic. Not rushed.

I am going to keep the faith that everything will turn around next chapter. I don't mind the Alliance winning. But a higher price has to be paid. Otherwise war becomes a joke.

Quote:
The problem is if the likes of Kankuro, Omoi, and Sai are capable of this, then how will the other fights go? Where will Madara and Kabuto's side make ground? They are only going to face more name characters now outside of Division One. It stands to reason all the rookies are powered up now. I just fear that more popular characters like Gaara, Kakashi, and Shikamaru will point and the zombies will explode.

Naruto won't even be needed until he converts Sasuke at the end.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing a TemaShikaCho formation. Actually seeing teamwork in this fight was great. I hope all the divisions use teamwork like in this chapter.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:51   Link #39
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
No one has mentioned something that may (or may not) become relevant in the future:

Akatsuki Zombies could be easily neutralized, thanks to.. Kabuto.

After all, we should remember that he provided a dossier to Konoha, with a good deal of information about most of its members.
But the zombies aren't just ex-Akatsuki members. Besides, Iwa Ninjas know everything about Deidara same way Kankuro knows everything about Sasori.
It's like Naruto would face Kakashi (Wind > Lightning). An earth nature ninja is countered by lightning, even Naruto knows about that

The allies know zombie's techniques, but zombie's don't know all allies techniques. Deidara never knew that Omoi was a lightning user.
Old 2010-11-24, 23:00   Link #40
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
wow a very fast conclusion for the battle of ambush squads!? good chapter can't wait to see some action at the main forces

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion