AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 18:33   Link #341
MasterVampire

So I just watched episodes 1 and 2 (or was it just 1? the 40min ep) and Ive pretty much got no idea WTF is going on lol

I need help understanding since I never saw the first series.

Whats this deal with the robots? Did the humans build them?
Who are those abductor people? They look human as well so whats their problem with attacking?
Element Power? So do all the boys and girls in that school have element powers? And why are they kept seperate?

So very lost lol
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:48   Link #342
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post

Whats this deal with the robots? Did the humans build them?
24,000 years before the Wings of the Sun Apollonius a Shadow Angel fell in love with a Human Celine, and with the Elements humans with powers formed Aquarion protecting humanity from the Shadow Angels of Atlandia who harvests humans for prana. Atlandia and much of ancient Human civilization (Sangrila) was destroyed in the final battle.

Surviving Shadow Angels slept for 12,000 years until sometime in the present day where they terrorized humanity again.

The Vector Machines that make up Aquarion was rediscovered and with the modern Elements used to fight the Shadow Angels. In order to win the organization Deava needed to find the reincarnation of Apollonius. Enter the wild man Apollo who is his reincarnation.

Humans managed to create mass productions of the Vectors forming Assault type Aquarions. Which are More Dakka Real Robots than Super Robot as the Aquarion.

As spoofed in the movie Apollo saved the world from destruction teaming with Sirius and Toma but at the price of leaving his beloved Sylvia, the reincarnation of Celine.

12,000 again later an unknown force called Abductors abduct people and the organization Neo Deava uses Aquaria which seems to be based on the Assault Type Aquarions. Amata the reincarnation of Apollonius/Apollo reawakens Aquarion as Aquarion Evol.

Quote:
Who are those abductor people? They look human as well so whats their problem with attacking?
For now they are said to be extra-dimensional invaders who abduct people. Whether it is to drain prana like the Shadow Angels in unknown.

Quote:
Element Power? So do all the boys and girls in that school have element powers? And why are they kept seperate?
People with abilities like telekinesis, telepathy, psychometry, levitation, teleportation, pyrokinesis, visions , inhuman strength etc.

Elements are likely to be reincarnations of Apollonius/Apollo's comrades.

For some reason Neo Deava higher ups kept secret the details of 12,000 years before but seems to be ignorant of the events 12,000 years before that. Hence Aquarion is a Taboo word until it reappeared with Amata. The story of Aquarion became a children's story and a religion of a sort.

Keeping the boys and girls separate as well as nerfing the Vectors with the Guise Stones is intent to prevent the formation of a Super Robot whose power is comparable to a god.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 23:49   Link #343
Somnus
Eh?

Well, just caught up with the 3 episodes and I am officially hooked. Though quick question. In episode 3 they went through the cool Union and all, but wasn't that just the Aquaria Type-M? Even though Amata was yelling "Aquarion!!". Ah well, either way any show that gives me a named super mecha bow is A-OK in my books.

Love the scenery, character designs and vibrant colours being used. Some characters I like more than others, though the MINUTE she opened her mouth I could not stand that Mix chick.

Zessica on the other hand...hell yes. Pity she's not the main heroine.

Amata is the average hero, nothing particularly bad or good about him. I can tell I'm going to like the bro in the hat though.

Anyways, definitely looking forward to more.
Old 2012-01-18, 04:54   Link #344
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
In episode 3 they went through the cool Union and all, but wasn't that just the Aquaria Type-M? Even though Amata was yelling "Aquarion!!". Ah well, either way any show that gives me a named super mecha bow is A-OK in my books.
Yup, that was technically just the Aquaria Type-M. It seems that in terms of in-series mecha naming, the "Aquarion" name only refers to any mixed-gender combination no matter what the actual mecha is. The "Aquarion Gepart" for example (which shows up in the episode 4 PV) is just a recolored Aquaria Type-M/Type-F, and yet it's called an "Aquarion".

Pic of the Gepart from the official site:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 05:24   Link #345
Akarin

Just watched Episodes 1-3. I'm kinda disappointed with Gundam Age and Guilty Crown but this anime is very good. Soundtrack and animation are fantastic. Looking forward for the next episode.

DOGEZA orz ahaha

. . . .

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-01-18 at 19:53.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 06:48   Link #346
faiz blaster

Maybe it is the opening. Maybe it is Jessica's short green hair. Or maybe it is even that strange white thing that is always around Mikono. But SOMETHING about this show is giving me strong Macross Frontier vibes!
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 06:56   Link #347
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Maybe it is the opening. Maybe it is Jessica's short green hair. Or maybe it is even that strange white thing that is always around Mikono. But SOMETHING about this show is giving me strong Macross Frontier vibes!
Or the music, because the music of both series are done by Yoko Kanno
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 07:06   Link #348
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Mikono's cat reminds me of Pannya from Mashiro-iro Symphony for some reason...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 08:40   Link #349
miketyson

For me, the first "3" episodes of this show have been like "Funapalooza from the Awesomesauce Galaxy": not deep, but very fun, and it serves up cliches in a goofy-but-knowing way. It seems to know what it's doing and how to do it, and I can only hope it keeps that up.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:01   Link #350
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Quote:
Or the music, because the music of both series are done by Yoko Kanno
Or it's the fact that both series-es are directed by Shoji Kawamori.
Old 2012-01-18, 09:17   Link #351
hai_san

Promising new serie at the moment. The animation is over the top! Music ok, storywise have to wait to see how it developes, characters tons of bishies and hot girls. The seiryuu of Amata is kinda annoying but well nothing is perfect. Humor is also ok, Gattai of boys and girls and not to mention the degoza in 3 ep ftw.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:20   Link #352
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Or it's the fact that both series-es are directed by Shoji Kawamori.
But so far the direction of both series are different (probably due to having different prequels), but the music style is somewhat similar
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:20   Link #353
kuromitsu

Quote:
By the way, Mykage will be voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi aka Alto. (I'm not sure how I feel about this, I just hope he'll do a good job. I loved Morikawa Toshiyuki as Touma...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:39   Link #354
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I watched, and I got what I wanted.

And Zessica is mine.
Old 2012-01-18, 11:17   Link #355
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Consider this one taken! Thanks!
Old 2012-01-18, 12:04   Link #356
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
By the way, Mykage will be voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi aka Alto. (I'm not sure how I feel about this, I just hope he'll do a good job. I loved Morikawa Toshiyuki as Touma...)
And thus Mykage become sexy, because the voice of Nakamura Yuuichi. Those are the wishes of Director-sama .

Oh, this is going to have so muuuuch fun... I can't bear with this wait.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-18 at 15:39.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:54   Link #357
stardrago

Well actually the arms look different and the feet are more red for Aquarion Gepart than the Aquaria Type M, and with Aquarion Evol being based from Sol Aquarion, with the head piece and more blue color, it looks more like it was based on Aquarion Mars. This will make me think what will the succesor for Aquarion Luna will look like.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 14:31   Link #358
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just watched Episodes 1-3. I'm kinda disappointed with Gundam Age and Guilty Crown but this anime is very good. Soundtrack and animation are fantastic. Looking forward for the next episode.

DOGEZA orz ahaha

. . . . .
Oooohhh are these freebies? Mind if I take the one where amata is in mikono's skirt? Regardless, cookies for making the gifs
Old 2012-01-18, 20:00   Link #359
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Somebody on another forum brought up the character Andy, and I realized something quite interesting, so I'll copy+paste what I replied to him:

I'm calling it now; Andy and Mix will be a couple. It's actually the perfect pairing; she's a strict man-hater with a lot of pride who gets on peoples' cases, and Andy is the light-hearted, easy-to-get-along-with guy who's determined to hit on the girls. Opposites attract as they say, and this would make a great opposites relationship.
I can see that, especially since Andy is Pierre with dirty boots element power (jk) and Mix is like Klhoe, whom did eventually return his feelings although it wasn't a major focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
No, I think the feet wings will still manifest if Amata wills it strong enough. Just before they stopped in midair, his feet wings were in full blown display. It's the back wings that are plot weaponry.
I only see the wings on his back in the OP and both Silvia and Sirus were depicted with wings on their backs in the ED.
BUT I found love for Amata, Andy, and Mikono in episode 3 which is good because I was actually prepared to ship them based on the first series and I actually thought Kagura and Amata were the same person...

So I love Kagura first, but I love Amata and Mikono too and Zessica is cute and full of win. Happy..Fan Girl is Happy
Be back to say more..I was just wondering if someone found and posted new scans because I am obsessive at times....and I want Evol Images
Quote:

DOGEZA orz ahaha

. . . .
Kagura please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Case in point:

Spoiler for Amata's wings:
What episode is this because I saw feathers and wings behind him but never on him unless in OP
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 20:35   Link #360
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
What episode is this because I saw feathers and wings behind him but never on him unless in OP
Episode 3, orz scene, before the fall, when he's gaining height.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction