AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 06:08   Link #1141
Tenzen12

It would be that case if everyone didn't knew about Haruki x Touma all along. Yeah they would chastise a bit for Setsuna sake. But that would go down quickly after seeing these two so happy.

Yet Touma trying get her act together and be more honest... starting with piano and her mother. Her leaving country was partialy because Haruki and Setsuna, but even now when things are cleared, she still has other stuff to do. So she will very likely leave regardless.

Question is whether Haruki will take consolation prize or will be willing wait. Another possibilty would be make exams to some prestigious university in overseas and follow Kasuza there.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 07:22   Link #1142
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh yeah, thats certainly possible.
remember that haruki was sort of mentioned as an honor student/genius, he can probably get a scholarship for there.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 09:12   Link #1143
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, the drama thus far originated in the tensions of the love triangle. Can more still exist now that the triangle has been broken? Of course, but it's obviously going to be from a different source than before. With Touma seemingly leaving, I'm wondering what that will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
oh yeah, thats certainly possible.
remember that haruki was sort of mentioned as an honor student/genius, he can probably get a scholarship for there.
That would be nice, but somehow I doubt they'll go that route. Maybe, though.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 09:22   Link #1144
Arya

Highly improbable. If that was the case we'll have a WA3 in Wien or a very short second season

I just hope that they will not go with Setsuna "convincing" him in her own way to go back together after Kazusa left. Helped by Haruki's friends that have always been on Setsuna's side, or so it seemed to me. (Except for the one who had a crush on Touma). It's like we should know that Kazusa is not a likable person for the outsiders, but this aspect hasn't been conveyed well by the show.
In any case I want a Kazusa / Setsuna tear-jerking confrontation before Kazusa's farewell.

Anyways, that's why I said that this episode 12th was a gift, because I also can't see how they can go on with the story to fill a full second season. A second season that on paper should be Kazusa-less for the most part of it. Something I don't know I'd be able to stand

About this series being underrated, I think the main problem of this show is the title. I myself didn't even give it a try nor read any summary because I thought it was related to the first season. Luckily I read on AS about how this series had nothing to do with WA first season and so I idly decided to give it a try. Thankfully.

Another issue could be related to the fact that this is a no-shipping-war type of show. Id' be curious to know how good or bad WA2 is doing in comparison of GT.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 12:26   Link #1145
Vena
Carpe Diem

Kazusa has to face her mother and that festering problem, so she has to leave. I think that much is a given. She'll probably be even more hurried to leave because she knows that her feelings are like a knife to Setsuna since she was in the same place not long ago. And Kazusa is far too willing a character to throw herself under the bus rather than her friends. She's been presented as such and she has little to no self-esteem since everyone treated her like garbage aside from Haruki and Setsuna... which of course makes it all the harder to hurt one of said friends.

The thing is, Setsuna seems to either be completely oblivious to or deliberately ignoring how much she hurts Kazusa with her: Friends forever, together forever. I don't know why but watching this anime and how she's always given that shadowy background appearance, makes me thinks she's a bit unhinged. I can't see her house of cards ploy ever actually working out in a realistic world, and we've been very much grounded in realism.

Also I don't think Haruki's one friend that understood what was going on (what the hell is his name?), had a crush on Kazusa. I think that he was actually using that as live ammo to get the ball rolling while every other "friend" was trying their best to be the worst friend ever. The anime did make a point of it, how close he got to Haruki in like a month. The guy knows how Haruki's mind works and he wasn't afraid to talk about the reality because you seriously can't just ignore it as the others were trying to do. If Haruki actually loves someone else, telling him to forget it and stick with what he has is noble but stupid because it's just like slapping a band-aid on a gunshot wound.
Old 2013-12-26, 22:50   Link #1146
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

My heart strings are being plucked like a guitar! Great series here...great!
Old 2013-12-27, 22:06   Link #1147
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Nyantype PANTSU
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by mangatron; 2013-12-27 at 23:54. Reason: Another one
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 09:56   Link #1148
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

so....there's no change in A part of ep 7 SP but some changes in part B
while the TV version mostly shows the background, recent events, flashbacks, in this SP they change it into showing the characters and the changing of the characters' expression (Haruki's, Kazusa's, and Setsuna's)
looks like they did it in purpose when showing the TV version, and make an exclusive one specially for this episode but... sadly no really changes in the animation and art...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 12:02   Link #1149
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

so well.. it's the last... no announcement or sth like that for S2...
ep 13 might sold well lol
i want to hear people's comment about the first scene haha
for me, it may be a bit necessary, especially the phone part too

I hope that people who just follow this and buy the BD will get more curious about next thing after all of the happenings and can influence many people to support the second season of this anime
Old 2013-12-28, 12:30   Link #1150
Key Board
Carbon

that sure was a lot of black screens

anyway, I now feel a bit.. empty.. even if I expected how it would end

Edit: now that I think of it, you first-time anime watcher may have it worse the us VN players,
because at the least we got a sequel confirmation.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 12:48   Link #1151
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Edit: now that I think of it, you first-time anime watcher may have it worse the us VN players,
I don't feel all that bad. I was expecting Kazusa to leave after enough thought following episode 12. She has to face her mother and those problems, so she's can't not go. I didn't expect Haruki to magically be able to follow her to Vienna on the fly either.

Haruki tells it like it is in words and in action, so that was good, but the ending was overall rather bittersweet. Still wasn't bad but I can't shake the feeling that Setsuna is a few marbles short of a full-set.
Old 2013-12-28, 13:16   Link #1152
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Are there any projects to translate the VN?
Old 2013-12-28, 14:14   Link #1153
User68604
Disabled By Request

can someone clarify whether or not ep13 will be an OVA?
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:20   Link #1154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
can someone clarify whether or not ep13 will be an OVA?
Episode 13 aired as normal just a few hours ago.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-12-28 at 14:35.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:58   Link #1155
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Knew I shouldn't have seen the last episode. Not only does it make me want to see moar of Kazusa and Haruki's story, but it paints a very good picture of Setsuna. Which of course makes it even harder for me to choose between the two girls, when last episode Kazusa had the lead.

Yeah definitely anime of the cour for me (still have to marathon Little Busters 2 though). Still have to review all the other candidates (Uchuoten Kazoku, VVV, HenNeko) but so far it's anime of the year for me as well. Between this, AKB0048 2nd season, and Log Horizon, Satelight is in the lead for favourite studio of the year too.

Quote:
To be honest, while I want to see more, the final episode had enough conclusion that these 13 episodes of White Album 2 can stand alone on it's own. And of course, I can always pretend episode 13 didn't happen since episode 12 had the climax of the story, and could have very well ended there if this wasn't just the first half of a game.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 15:10   Link #1156
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
that sure was a lot of black screens

anyway, I now feel a bit.. empty.. even if I expected how it would end

the black screens will be gone (maybe?) in BD, maybe they hope getting more sales for this episode
but at least they can know it and try to play the VN (well they intend to sell more of the game towards japanese people though as the VN is still in Japanese)
while we must wait for a year for the continuation....

until the very end I was still hoping for a confirmation... even though the main seiyuu also looks like didn't get any info for season two and such since in the radio they said that they're hoping for continuation too
Old 2013-12-28, 15:53   Link #1157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:01   Link #1158
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Best one for me. Haters gonna hate but I hope for full VN translation or CC adaptation in nearest future.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:04   Link #1159
Mentar
Banned

I opt to respectfully disagree with serenade_beta. Presenting the story "thread-wise" instead of chronologically enabled us to see what all characters saw (and did NOT see). This was not "weird", this was brilliant. Because otherwise I am 100% sure that the board would have been full of "aw goodness why is the male lead so dense" postings. Instead, we got the story from the POV of all three characters, presented in a way that made all of them "real" and likeable.

I have to agree that the lack of budget was noticeable at some spots, but I still liked the art. The music was awesome and seamlessly woven into the story, and the script was impeccable.

For fans of character-driven noncomedy romance shows, WA2 was an absolute treat, and a new entry on my "full recommendation" list.

9/10 from me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:25   Link #1160
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wow. That escalates quickly.

Confession >>>>> Sex

And I thought such logic only exist in H anime. ^^

Now then after "making memories" for only one night, and them immediately departing away and leaving the guy with promise of coming back, I expect a full NTR next season. She just gave the guy a "taste of heaven" that he'll probably be graving for A LOT and yeah, the other girl.... his ex is willing to give it to him for sake of love....Yum.^^
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical