AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 5 26.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 26.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-25, 06:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate 0, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-04-25, 13:58   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well things continue to be rough going for Okabe. A painful reminder that yeah Kurisu remains dead. While it's difficult for him to be reminded of the layers of trauma he's sustained, it's probably better than dodging it.

Hiyajo can be tough at times, but partly because she knows how necessary it is. The worst thing that could be done is standing by and having Okabe continue to be deluded. It'd be so much easier sure for him to treat Amadeus as Kurisu. She'd be alive in a sense and he wouldn't have to be reminded that she's dead. And not only that she's dead but that if he was willing to dive back into hell he could try to change that.
Old 2018-04-25, 14:15   Link #3
HtwoN

I'm not sure this is supposed to be a chill episode or a depressing one.

The more Okabe talks to "Kurisu," the more he digs his own grave. The end hits me so hard...

Last edited by HtwoN; 2018-04-25 at 14:43.
Old 2018-04-25, 15:16   Link #4
Kakurin
大佐

It is easy to see how he can be deluded by Amadeus like that. The myspoon and myfork part. Or the part of how she'd reply if he called her Cristina. Amadeus is behaving exactly like Kurisu would do. The worst part for Okabe is that the more he engages with Amadeus like she is Kurisu, the more the events he experienced in the different world lines resurface.
Old 2018-04-25, 15:27   Link #5
Wandering Soul

Can't really blame Okabe for his delusion as Amadeus reacts just like Kurisu would. Being snapped back into reality like that is painful, but necessary as he needs to face the truth.The fact that he kept on hiding Amadeus from his friends is sort of an indication that he wanted to use Amadeus as a way to forget about Kurisu's death and knew that one of them would give him a wake up call. Hiyajo is being harsh, but it's tough love.
Old 2018-04-25, 15:40   Link #6
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The fact that he kept on hiding Amadeus from his friends is sort of an indication that he wanted to use Amadeus as a way to forget about Kurisu's death and knew that one of them would give him a wake up call. Hiyajo is being harsh, but it's tough love.
I doubt they would really give him a wake-up call. None of them really knew Kurisu in this scenario, they perhaps would not even be able to associate Amadeus' appearance with Makise Kurisu.
Old 2018-04-25, 16:10   Link #7
Dextro
He Without a Title

"Tuturu!" "Daga otoko da". Oh yeah, this is S;G all right

Pretty hard hitting episode overall with Okabe getting himself deeper and deeper into his interactions with Amadeus. The Suzuha bits though felt a bit weak. I was expecting a little bit more of the scene where she rushes in and grabs Yuki.

Spoiler for Comparison with the VN:
Old 2018-04-25, 18:31   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And here I was beginning to think that Okabe was getting better, but the tension between him and Mayushii remains as thick as ever. That was such a difficult episode. Okabe revealing the whole "Christina" tease was just him being too awkward to say her first name was a real gut punch: a real sense of regret and what could have been was so palpable at that moment. Mayushii watching that must have ignited all sorts of complicated emotions. And then Okabe having to be reminded that the real Kurisu is dead was just the killing blow.

Okabe just can't get over Kurisu but he has no outlet for his grief. Mayushii faces an impenetrable barrier when it comes to Okabe and just can't reach out to him but how on earth is Okabe supposed to tell Mayushii that he gave up on the girl he truly loved and let her die and with his own hands on top of that, all for Mayushii's sake. This relationship is just doomed to failure with or without WW3. As far as I can see, the damage is irreparable (in this timeline).
Old 2018-04-25, 19:34   Link #9
MCAL

Professor Leskinen. The Man, the Meme, the Legend! That and Maho's constant embarrassment around him and Amadeus were the funniest moments of this episode.

And then the ending hit.
Old 2018-04-25, 20:03   Link #10
Ringil

What a strong ending. And it was in large part all due to Amadeus being lonely and unable to stop herself from contacting Okabe.
Old 2018-04-25, 20:14   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And here I was beginning to think that Okabe was getting better, but the tension between him and Mayushii remains as thick as ever. That was such a difficult episode. Okabe revealing the whole "Christina" tease was just him being too awkward to say her first name was a real gut punch: a real sense of regret and what could have been was so palpable at that moment. Mayushii watching that must have ignited all sorts of complicated emotions. And then Okabe having to be reminded that the real Kurisu is dead was just the killing blow.

Okabe just can't get over Kurisu but he has no outlet for his grief. Mayushii faces an impenetrable barrier when it comes to Okabe and just can't reach out to him but how on earth is Okabe supposed to tell Mayushii that he gave up on the girl he truly loved and let her die and with his own hands on top of that, all for Mayushii's sake. This relationship is just doomed to failure with or without WW3. As far as I can see, the damage is irreparable (in this timeline).
You are unintentionally twisting the truth here, by making it sound like he intentionally murdered her.
Tbh I honestly doubt any serious court could feasibly convict him for murder.

He neither had the intent to kill her nor did he directly attack her. In fact he attacked her original killer and she died as a result of saving said killer.

In regards to Okabe her death was a really sad accident.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-04-25, 20:20   Link #12
Jaden

That was some good stuff, this episode really justified the existence of S;G Zero for me.

Normally, Okabe would probably be able to leave the tragedy behind and get over Kurisu. And if WW3 rolls around he'd just be another casualty among the masses.

But the AI researchers are pushing him by keeping Kurisu's apparition alive.

Suzu is constantly there to pull him towards the inevitable.

And that's how the true mad scientist will come to be...
Old 2018-04-25, 21:36   Link #13
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
That was some good stuff, this episode really justified the existence of S;G Zero for me.

Normally, Okabe would probably be able to leave the tragedy behind and get over Kurisu. And if WW3 rolls around he'd just be another casualty among the masses.

But the AI researchers are pushing him by keeping Kurisu's apparition alive.

Suzu is constantly there to pull him towards the inevitable.

And that's how the true mad scientist will come to be...
There is no "normally" for Okabe. He always makes a time machine (maybe not in S;G world line).

- In Alpha Worldline, he and Kurisu are "enemies". He is assassinated.

- In Beta Worldline (S;G 0), he makes the plan to save Kurisu. We are watching the journey to that.
Old 2018-04-25, 22:14   Link #14
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I doubt they would really give him a wake-up call. None of them really knew Kurisu in this scenario, they perhaps would not even be able to associate Amadeus' appearance with Makise Kurisu.
I meant a bit more along the line that the discomfort they would start to feel watching him be so intimate with a program might start being immersion breaking for him and make it harder for him to turn away from the truth. It's honestly just I started to think might have been a possible path that they might take this.
Old 2018-04-26, 01:02   Link #15
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

After Avenger Infinity war, then i got this!!?
Geez, stop torturing my fragile heart like this...
Poor Okabe... his love toward Kurisu is too big...
Old 2018-04-26, 01:49   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You are unintentionally twisting the truth here, by making it sound like he intentionally murdered her.
Tbh I honestly doubt any serious court could feasibly convict him for murder.
I was actually trying hard to avoid that but at the same time respect the fact that it was his hands that lead to her death because regardless of intent, this fact has traumatised him big time. It's easy to tell yourself that it's nor your fault but emotions are far more complicated than that.
Old 2018-04-26, 03:49   Link #17
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
I'm not sure this is supposed to be a chill episode or a depressing one.

The more Okabe talks to "Kurisu," the more he digs his own grave. The end hits me so hard...
Yeah, that episode ending was great. Also, why did someone give that ep a 1?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-26, 04:08   Link #18
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow, I've already played the game but the emotional impact of that ending.

Wow it's so easy to resonate with Okarin's emotions. How is this possible?
Old 2018-04-26, 05:07   Link #19
moridin84
Custom User Title

Do his friends actually know about Kurisu?

In this "storyline" he argued with her once in the lecture hall and then found her dead body. Right?

If that's the case his friends shouldn't know about her at all. His sudden change must be really incomprehensible.

Oh yeah, and it sounds like Faris knows what's going on?
Old 2018-04-26, 05:34   Link #20
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Do his friends actually know about Kurisu?

In this "storyline" he argued with her once in the lecture hall and then found her dead body. Right?

If that's the case his friends shouldn't know about her at all. His sudden change must be really incomprehensible.

Oh yeah, and it sounds like Faris knows what's going on?
Daru and Mayuri were there when he went back in time to try to save her, so they at least know OF her. Faris definitely knows what's going on now, given that she knows that there's a time machine on the roof.
Closed Thread