AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-08-17, 07:52   Link #41
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And even fewer Japanese seiyuu who are actually fluent in English and other languages. At the top of my head I could only remember Yuko Goto (she actually studied as an English translator in Nagoya), Saori Hayami (though I struggle looking for clips of her speaking in English) and Nao Touyama (Karen-chan and Chitoge were awesome). Not really sure if I missed something else.
Yuki Kaida is fluent at English, Urara Takano is good at English (watch Karen Senki), Jouji Nakata knows English enough to answer fans, at least. Aya Hirano now is studying at NY, so obviously her English is at least good enough to live there.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 08:48   Link #42
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Also, accents are not always obvious to the people of other languages. I mean, I can somewhat slightly tell the difference between British English and American English (not touching different words), but if you'll ask me to sound British, I'll probably sound like a lame parody of Benedict Cumberbatch or David Tennant.
And even then, since David Tennant is actually Scottish their accents shouldn's sound the same
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 09:47   Link #43
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
And even fewer Japanese seiyuu who are actually fluent in English and other languages. At the top of my head I could only remember Yuko Goto (she actually studied as an English translator in Nagoya), Saori Hayami (though I struggle looking for clips of her speaking in English) and Nao Touyama (Karen-chan and Chitoge were awesome). Not really sure if I missed anyone else.
We have no idea yet who it is (she was just introduced last week), but whoever is doing Warspite in Kancolle has excellent English (aside from the mispronounciation of Admiral) that I'm convinced she's been to an English-speaking country before.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, doing a correct accent is not that easy, even for professional actors. It's easy to do a cliché version of an accent, but if you want to do a true good-sounding accent there will be some serious study involved.
Old 2016-08-17, 13:00   Link #44
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Really? I'm still waiting for one actor who can do a decent spanish accent (what I have found at most is a so so Latin accent... I remember watching The Bourne Ultimatum and listen to Matt Damon in Madrid and thinking... Ok, I don't know if someone is really going to understand that) so... In fact, you can count on the fingers of one hand the japanese seiyuus who can make a decent english accent...
No really. There's a point where an actor uses an accent to fake it vs an actor who's natural at it. Any actor can fake accents, I just don't expect it to be 100% natural. That's all I ask, especially for something like this. And you forget, dub actors are trained to do silly voices and accents.

P.S. As for Warspite, my money's on Sarah Emi Bridcutt.
Old 2016-08-17, 22:20   Link #45
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
No really. There's a point where an actor uses an accent to fake it vs an actor who's natural at it. Any actor can fake accents, I just don't expect it to be 100% natural. That's all I ask, especially for something like this. And you forget, dub actors are trained to do silly voices and accents.

Japanese-Australian seiyuu. She voices Yuubari in KanColle. Perfectly possible that she also voices Warspite.

Some of her other roles: http://myanimelist.net/people/19371/Sarah_Emi_Bridcutt

Pics of her:

Images

Anyways, we're going left field again.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 18:14   Link #46
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Can't wait for Yohane's English to reveal herself next week.

--

And Mari referring to her and Kanan's racks as 4 besties had me dying in episode 4. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 01:33   Link #47
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for LLSS Eng Dub Ep 4-5 Review:

THE HOT - Yohane > Ruby = Riko > Maru > Chika = Dia = Kanan
THE NOT - Mari > Yousoro
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 05:19   Link #48
Nork22

Images
Seems appropriate now that we got a good hug between Mari and Kanan in episode 9.
Who knew Suwawa and Ainya were shipping their characters this early for a reason.
Old 2016-08-29, 08:33   Link #49
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Images
Seems appropriate now that we got a good hug between Mari and Kanan in episode 9.
Who knew Suwawa and Ainya were shipping their characters this early for a reason.
Very much loving it and very appropriate after Episode 9!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 16:50   Link #50
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Spoiler for LLSS Eng Dub Ep 4-5 Review:

THE HOT - Yohane > Ruby = Riko > Maru > Chika = Dia = Kanan
THE NOT - Mari > Yousoro
English Yohane is so, so good.
Old 2016-09-01, 17:51   Link #51
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Before Aqours Vol. 1

Kanako (King)

Images

Suwa, Anchan, Arisha, Aina, Aikyan

Images
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 08:08   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Hearing the characters say "Rubesty" in English is so cute and funny.
Old 2016-09-05, 06:44   Link #53
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Friend of mine...who works for a Card game store, just had dinner with the Bushiroad Execs...
...and Sora Tokui.
...he's a Nico fan.

...god I want to kill him.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 06:48   Link #54
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Friend of mine...who works for a Card game store, just had dinner with the Bushiroad Execs...
...and Sora Tokui.
...he's a Nico fan.

...god I want to kill him.
It's OK. Just imagine him burning...
Old 2016-09-10, 10:02   Link #55
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

YES YES YES. The Anime Expo 2016 Special Event is up!

Part 1

Part 2
Old 2016-09-10, 17:11   Link #56
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Off-topic, but wanted to come back to that since it's been revealed recently. The seiyū of Warspite is Uchida Shū and as far as I've understood it's basically her debut work.
Old 2016-09-12, 00:11   Link #57
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Kobayashi Aika BLT Interview - English Translation
(Block tagline quote: “When a girl shines, she transforms into an angel.”)

Up till now, I have always been a singer. This time, when I became a voice actress, on top of singing, I got to experience acting and dancing. I’m looking forward to see whether I can expand my horizons. When acting as Tsushima Yoshiko-chan, I considered what kind of person she is, and what kind of voice I should use to portray her: when I’m face-to-face with her, we will search for Yohane’s (=Tsushima Yoshiko) identity together.

Because Yohane loves to be her little demon self, she messed up her self-introduction during her first day at school, which led to her being unable to integrate well with her surroundings and ultimately skipping school. However, when using Yohane’s identity to attend and perform at live events, I can feel her inner strength. Personality-wise, since she always finishes her homework on time, it shows that Yoshiko-chan is really a good girl (haha).

When acting as Yoshiko, I have to use a wide vocal range, which I enjoy a lot. Speaking as Yohane while speaking with a dark tone, saying things that normal high school girls wouldn’t say, really complicated words which cannot be understood without checking the dictionary… Conversely, when something shocking happens, she reverts to her higher-pitched voice. In this sense, I tried to split these aspects of her into ‘devil’ and ‘angel’ sides to portray her.

Also, when I was voice-acting as her, I also discovered I used a wide range of voices and sounds. When singing as an Aqours member I use a cute voice, because I want to portray how the Yoshiko participating in school idol activities is just like an angel. As expected, when a girl is doing something she wants to do, that is when she shines the brightest and moves people the most. On the other hand, as a Guilty Kiss subunit member, Yoshiko’s singing style also changes, singing in a slightly cooler manner. This subunit’s members include the 2nd year Sakurauchi Riko and 3rd year Ohara Mari. I figured that as a 1st year, Yoshiko would spread her wings to transform into Yohane and sing.

In the “Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai” PV, that scene where Yoshiko squeezes her face onto the window glass is really cute. Although she appears to be uninterested in school idols, after looking at her enthusiasm and energy, she is actually really into school idols after all. In the end, Yoshiko really became an idol, which made me think that this girl is really cute (haha). In “Koi ni Naritai Aquarium”, there is another scene where Yohane was showing herself to be uninterested in school idols. To me, Yohane was really cute in that scene, and I really like it. Her smile while dancing and her wink are extremely cute too.

I started learning ballet when I was 5 years old, and started learning Hip Hop Style when I was in Elementary School Grade 3. I was able to apply this knowledge to the rhythm and dance steps in idol dances. Also, both working really hard to practice and use energy efficient methods of practice seem to be helpful. Saitou Shuka, a member of Aqours who is acting as Watanabe You, is also really good at dancing. When it comes to anything related to dancing, most of the time, both of us are in charge of teaching the other members. However, since a team cannot become united when only a part of is good in dancing, I feel like we are all working so hard together to raise our collective standards, and not make unnecessary movements while dancing.

In the TV anime, there will be more chances to see Yoshiko’s cute side both now and in the future. Although there are very few scenes depicting Yoshiko’s original self, in episode 5, Yoshiko musters the courage to integrate together with everyone, in order to compensate for the failed self-introduction during the start of school. She often observes the situation in her surroundings carefully and also acts in a way that shows that she is interested in what is going on around her, so it looks like she actually dislikes being alone after all. However, when she is alone, she pretends to be uninterested in group activities. The dual personalities of Yoshiko and Yohane lead to conflicts within herself, which is a charm point to me. Also, the side of her which likes chocolates and strawberries is surprisingly cute (haha). If everyone can support a Yohane who has both a devilish and an angelic side, I would be really happy.

Aikyan is amazing. She not only helps with the vocals (with King), but dancing too.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 01:51   Link #58
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Off-topic, but wanted to come back to that since it's been revealed recently. The seiyū of Warspite is Uchida Shū and as far as I've understood it's basically her debut work.
Off-topic, yeah I saw that. Very surprising, and I'm wondering if she's been living in the UK to have a very convincing British accent.
Old 2016-09-16, 06:02   Link #59
Nork22

This was from last month's stream, but I present to you, the 2nd years as bodybuilders promoting Numazu, now with English subtitles!

Old 2016-09-24, 11:20   Link #60
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Happy Birthday to Hanamaru's voice actor, Takatsuki Kanako!

May your beautiful voice radiate warmth for many years to come.