AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake Girl - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 5 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 48.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-11, 20:53   Link #41
Fishfood1

^you mean it has deeper meaning about it like the last 2 episodes of evangelion?! *le gasp*

okay, i'd bet episode 9 was more like a 1 episode summary of the whole series in an AU style

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-12, 06:26   Link #42
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

If it was, it was a very puzzling summary. -wry- Well, to me, at least. Episode 10 (screenshots) was not bad, but rather serious. Well, aside from the Golden Gentleman Plug, that is. XD

I think quite a few people must have been going, "AHA! I knew that was Aleida!!"
Old 2009-03-12, 16:37   Link #43
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
...Huh. For whatever reason, I hadn't spotted this before. "OMA-1RA", on the box's door at one point, -> "Omaera", possibly?
Old 2009-03-12, 19:29   Link #44
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
...Huh. For whatever reason, I hadn't spotted this before. "OMA-1RA", on the box's door at one point, -> "Omaera", possibly?
Or just "omaira".

Omaira is a slang used in 2ch, meaning the same as "omaera".
Usually refers to 2ch users, and often used as somewhat of a insulting way of saying "you guys".
Considering that the box-people are basically hikikomori, and hako-chan uses AAs a lot, OMA-1RA may symbolize hikikomoris often found in 2ch.

One thing that surprised me in a good way this episode.
The NAVI people have human rights... so they are treated legally as sentinent beings, and not just some AI driven robots.
Old 2009-03-12, 22:16   Link #45
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I loved how episode 10 completely ignored where episode 8 left off.
Old 2009-03-12, 23:05   Link #46
Fishfood1

^think you mean episode 9, since this episode pretty much right after epi 8. the girls went back to daily life(cept for akiha's sisters).

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-13, 00:53   Link #47
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Or just "omaira".

Omaira is a slang used in 2ch, meaning the same as "omaera".
Usually refers to 2ch users, and often used as somewhat of a insulting way of saying "you guys".
Considering that the box-people are basically hikikomori, and hako-chan uses AAs a lot, OMA-1RA may symbolize hikikomoris often found in 2ch.
Ooh, I see.
Old 2009-03-13, 21:21   Link #48
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The show may be telling us that 2ch has survived for several thousand years and have even converted into Nervalism. Hako-chan basically speaks just like a 2ch poster lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-13, 21:52   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The show may be telling us that 2ch has survived for several thousand years and have even converted into Nervalism. Hako-chan basically speaks just like a 2ch poster lol
What? We all know that as long as humanity doesn't extinct, 2ch will survive.
At least Hako-chan doesn't speak as 2ch. She just use 2ch's way of speaking.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:55   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

So the box people are basically brainwashed 2ch-ers? And Nerval is trying to create a world full of 2ch-ers?

LOL. That is a whole new cult we seem to have out there.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-14, 21:47   Link #51
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*sigh*
After AS decided to grant the series a subsection, the fansubbers decided collectively to not release any episodes ._. And tomorrow is ep 11 =.=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-14, 21:55   Link #52
Fishfood1

^no they're just extra slow, since only 1 of the 3 group only had epi 8 released. i'm sure they'll all be available eventually.

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-15, 02:12   Link #53
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think they are just having problems finding the right words for the subs. Since they are so slow I usually watch the raws.

And yay, tmr is Ep 12!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-15, 04:27   Link #54
JediNight
キズランダム

Well I guess I wasn't looking into the meaning that much to realize who Aleida really was. I knew Honoka would somehow be related to and/or be part of the Shishido family. That was the Shishido ruling council or whatever she visited, right?

And yeah, Ep8 had a cocktease ending -- the roof gets blown open then in Ep10 we don't see any of that ... wtf?

PS: Sakura totally just had Leopard take it up the butt
Old 2009-03-15, 06:21   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well I guess I wasn't looking into the meaning that much to realize who Aleida really was. I knew Honoka would somehow be related to and/or be part of the Shishido family. That was the Shishido ruling council or whatever she visited, right?

And yeah, Ep8 had a cocktease ending -- the roof gets blown open then in Ep10 we don't see any of that ... wtf?

PS: Sakura totally just had Leopard take it up the butt
The ninjas are Honoka's old comrades, they joined the Shishidous and have been helping the Shishidous by establishing and using the shrine as a database. They've been searching the Enigma.

They're are more likely the intelligence database than a ruling council. Kazane herself is the highest in command of Shishidou.

Buu and Min were thinking why there was no reports of the giant saw, there was a cover up and we were discussing about it in the previous page with no conclusions.

EDIT: Oh and that was the Bon Bon Booster, or Golden Gentleman Plug. By translating and understanding from Sakurago, its a powerup for Leopard Cannon.

Old 2009-03-15, 19:17   Link #56
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder....do you think the series will become better as the story progressed or it will went downhill later?
Old 2009-03-15, 20:37   Link #57
Fishfood1

^so far it's getting better, i mean i wouldn't mind the comedy and fan servicing. but since the last few episode had some developments/revelations, the plot moved forward

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-16, 06:15   Link #58
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
^so far it's getting better, i mean i wouldn't mind the comedy and fan servicing. but since the last few episode had some developments/revelations, the plot moved forward
Yeah..but somehow, they kinda push Leopard realization to 89% within 1 episode...it is just like screaming RUSH /DownHill to me...

I just dont like.
Old 2009-03-16, 06:20   Link #59
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yeah..but somehow, they kinda push Leopard realization to 89% within 1 episode...it is just like screaming RUSH /DownHill to me...

I just dont like.
Bah, Akiha being Leopard's errand-girl and getting parts for him was just a short arc in a greater plot line. I couldn't care any less that he's almost fully realised, it means the storyline is only going to get bigger than just Leopard collecting parts for himself.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:34   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed, the show isn't about searching parts for Leopard. Leopard having the need for getting back some lost parts, especially the Golden Orbs, are just a starting introductory arc. It establishes the the characters and eventually reveals the villians.

Now that the protagonist side and the antagonist side is established, the pace will pick up for something bigger, rather than just collecting parts. The plot can advance while the search the remaining parts and eventually the most important part, 'Enigma'.

Closed Thread