AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-24, 22:09   Link #21
Brimstone
Banned

Lol I've forgotten about the [Shark End] That part was epic and probably won the [School Day's choice awards]

I'm surprised Rika is still doing the Yuri thing

And yes Yozora held it deep in her throat; it may hurt and have a bit of difficulty breathing, but she didn't gag or spit it out and instead swallowed it all.

But this is interesting, for three episodes in a roll we've been getting the "drama-continues" ending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
My mind would explode if I had such a cute sister naked in front of me like that. Damn Kodaka, I'm jealous as hell.
If you had a cute sister naked in front of you... No, your mind probably wouldn't explode

It'll be more like "......=_="
Old 2011-11-24, 22:14   Link #22
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Seems like Kodaka knew from the beginning that Yozara was the friend from his past. The episode would have a fully upbeat mood about it from the start to finish if not for the ending.

The infamous fly-swatter was put to good use this week, making good work of members going overboard.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:16   Link #23
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Seems like Kodaka knew from the beginning that Yozara was the friend from his past. The episode would have a fully upbeat mood about it from the start to finish if not for the ending.
No I think he's only comparing her up to the point he met her a month ago.

(Note the flashbacks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
The infamous fly-swatter was put to good use this week, making good work of members going overboard.
One word: Tenderizer
Old 2011-11-24, 22:19   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Eh...I didn't find this episode particularly great. I will give it some credit though, it had the first joke in the series that made me laugh my ass off. The shark bit in the game Sena was playing was absolutely hilarious. Way to go Yozora.~

Otherwise most of the first half of the episode was lolicon service. Not really my thing. Though seeing Kobato actually wear actual normal clothes instead of her goth loli costume was refreshing.

And for a swimsuit episode latter half we didn't see much of swimming or bathing suits, guess they played most of that card back with Sena in episode 3 already anyway.

Next week seems to be Kodaka's meeting with Sena's father, wondering how that will go...

Quote:
Oh, I find Kodaka parts a bit off in regards to consistence, still very little, and somehow pisses me the studio shows off Kodaka's nipples while the girls are censored...
Last time I checked, it's not inappropriate to show male nipples on television, or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:30   Link #25
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Somebody explain the melodrama to me at the end of the episode? I must have missed something.
Yea, that was kind of weird and came out of nowhere. I don't remember the chapter ending with such a melancholic vibe in the LN either.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:32   Link #26
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Last time I checked, it's not inappropriate to show male nipples on television, or anywhere else for that matter.
thats machist, women have the same rigths nowadays, so they should be able to show their nipples too.

back on topic, i think its just rare to see a male nipple in an anime.

Quote:
Yea, that was kind of weird and came out of nowhere. I don't remember the chapter ending with such a melancholic vibe in the LN either.
its not the first time they try to convey more "clearly" the romantic vibes from the LN.

Spoiler for at this point:
Old 2011-11-24, 22:34   Link #27
potchip

It bothered me in the previous pool episode - not the gender bais but rather how they were rendered for all the guys + Kodaka - the line just seems...odd, like manboobs.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:36   Link #28
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Urm, I don't think he meant it that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
It bothered me in the previous pool episode - not the gender bais but rather how they were rendered for all the guys + Kodaka - the line just seems...odd, like manboobs.
that too, lol.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:53   Link #29
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
That Rita might suffer from social anxiety fits quite well.

That Yozora also suffers from intense social anxiety is surprising. Sure a little bit, but bad enough to leave Sena and Kodaka together at the pool?

Interesting.

I wonder if we are going to have a more chastened Yozora because of this? Will she compensate by being even more harsh? Will Sena exploit this to attack Yozora? Or will it provide the opening needed for the two to finally become friends?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-11-24, 23:14   Link #30
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

That was strangely depressing, yet oddly more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Also, looks like next week will finally have the meeting between Kodaka and Sena's dad.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-24, 23:36   Link #31
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Somebody explain the melodrama to me at the end of the episode? I must have missed something.
Erm, they tried to do something fun as a group, yet failed miserably and wasted their time? It was supposed to be a fun trip to the pool (which everyone was kinda looking forwards to) and they barely got to touch the water.

Obviously, unlike the viewer; the characters were not satisfied with just seeing half of the girls in the cast in their swimming suits.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:36   Link #32
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Animation quality took a major dump midway through the episode when they got to the pool. You'd think they'd save a little budget for that part.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:41   Link #33
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Erm, they tried to do something fun as a group, yet failed miserably and wasted their time? It was supposed to be a fun trip to the pool (which everyone was kinda looking forwards to) and they barely got to touch the water.

Obviously, unlike the viewer; the characters were not satisfied with just seeing half of the girls in the cast in their swimming suits.
*shrugged*

If it's that crowded even I would have called it off.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:48   Link #34
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Then, onto the pool... and it was kind of a bust compared to last time. In some ways, that's a nice send up of expectations, but it also means one step forward, two steps back on the friend making thing.
I took it as a major step forward with everyone -- including Meat -- realizing that it wouldn't be fun without Rika and Yozora. (Though for the second week in a row, Maria goes missing and nobody cares; but then I guess she is the sponsor and not technically a club member.)
Old 2011-11-25, 02:09   Link #35
cyberdemon

with how things turned out this episode i can't help but feel that maybe it is best for Yozora not to get Kodaka in the end. If she gets him she would pobably never seek to change. She'd simply be satified that she has that 1 person she can treat like 100. But she would just remain as she is. Never becoming a truly better person.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:36   Link #36
EroKing

tbh i doubt many people care about Maria

Kobato on the other hand...

Spoiler for Highly NSFW:

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-11-25, 02:54   Link #37
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
with how things turned out this episode i can't help but feel that maybe it is best for Yozora not to get Kodaka in the end. If she gets him she would pobably never seek to change. She'd simply be satified that she has that 1 person she can treat like 100. But she would just remain as she is. Never becoming a truly better person.
Although on the other side. I think it would be a good idea if he steered clear of Sena. Otherwise poor Kobato might end up getting molested if Kodaka isn't around to protect her. Best bet is to go find another club...
Old 2011-11-25, 03:43   Link #38
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Whoa, packed with fan service. Everyone except Yozora, even Kodaka lol, got fan service scene

A vampire who really likes to swim, Kobato is sure cute. And Rika as usual is pervertly awesome, especially on the bus. Too bad we don't get to see her pervert old guy expression here

There's also a cameo of Kate which is nice. Looking forward for next week episode, NIKUVEEEEEEEEEE~RSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
tbh i doubt many people care about Maria

Kobato on the other hand...

Spoiler for Highly NSFW:

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't care of her fan service this episode, but I like Maria. She's cute when she interact with others, especially Kodaka and Kobato, as seen on this episode XD

And that Kobato scene, they really stick with Buriki's artwork on the LN, didn't they. The manga version is little bit cuter with her rabbit doll acting as the censor, but both are great
Old 2011-11-25, 03:54   Link #39
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Lol I've forgotten about the [Shark End] That part was epic and probably won the [School Day's choice awards]
Wait a minute...Rika said the game's title is Saint Joe's Academy Tale...Joe's...JAWS! OF COURSE!
Old 2011-11-25, 04:06   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"Cease and desist you perverts!"

About summarizes this episode. Not too big of a fan of the loli fanservice, but Yukimura was the show stealer. So gd hot. Fortunately Yukimura seems to be a girl.

Poor Yozora and Rika weren't available as they felt too much anxiety and left. Ah, what a sad day.

7/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread