AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 03:58   Link #6561
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Very true. IMO, I do think there is a possibility that he may slip down to the second or third rounds. After the poor and unimpressive performance in BCS National Championship Game, girlfriend scandal, and his most recent his failure to impress scouts at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine. With these I do see that possibility it may happen.
You know, we might just end being able to pull off getting Star, Manti, and then some if RM plays his cards right.

And oh yeah, I'm surprised no one's brought up the rapidly unfolding Alex Smith sweepstakes.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 09:07   Link #6562
GDB

I don't know, Manti would slip into the second round, I'd say there's a good 50%+ chance that the Ravens take him at #32, pending who else is available.

As for Alex Smith, it's not really a sweepstakes, is it? I don't really think there's much of a chance of him going anywhere but the Chiefs, since the only other serious bidder seems to be Arizona, and why would the 49ers give them a chance at a good QB?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:04   Link #6563
VTHokiePride

I don't see Manti slipping up enough to drop to the third round. I see him still being a low first round to second pick. He still has his pro day to salvage his draft stock as well as other interviews with teams. He did pretty well with interviews with the press too.

EDIT- CHIEFS AND NINERS agree to trade with Alex Smith!

Last edited by VTHokiePride; 2013-02-27 at 12:06. Reason: TRADE
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 14:26   Link #6564
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I don't see Manti slipping up enough to drop to the third round. I see him still being a low first round to second pick. He still has his pro day to salvage his draft stock as well as other interviews with teams. He did pretty well with interviews with the press too.

EDIT- CHIEFS AND NINERS agree to trade with Alex Smith!
Really now? What did they give up in the trade?
II couldn't be the first round pick. Would they really give up the first pick for Alex Smith ?
Old 2013-02-27, 14:42   Link #6565
GDB

2nd round pick this year, and an undisclosed conditional pick next year.
Old 2013-02-27, 15:04   Link #6566
VTHokiePride

The 49ers have a nice pocket full of draft picks to use this year either in the draft or for trade. I think they might target Revis since they're planning on releasing Rogers. The Jets are in need of an overhaul and I could use the extra picks to fix their offensive line.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 16:40   Link #6567
Kyuu
=^^=

Smith going to KC is... Joe Montana deja vu, except Smith hasn't won anything.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:37   Link #6568
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol Chief fans are pissed.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-02-27 at 21:41.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:19   Link #6569
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, just hear Bill Polian on PTI saying that the whole point of the combine is the measurables and physical test, and he also said that at the moment, Te'o is a high second round pick, but should he improve is physical test in his Pro Day, he can climb up to the first round

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 07:43   Link #6570
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Lol Chief fans are pissed.
For what? They're not gonna get anyone better than Smith. What? Do they want Vick instead?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:53   Link #6571
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
For what? They're not gonna get anyone better than Smith. What? Do they want Vick instead?
I think Kansas fans were expecting Geno Smith. With that move, there won't be that many QBs going off in the first round aside from G Smith.
Old 2013-02-28, 14:40   Link #6572
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I think they feel that Smith has already hit his ceiling, which is why he was replaced despite having a good season last year. Basically, the Chief fans have gone through this before and believe that Alex Smith will regress without Harbaugh like Cassel did without Charlie Weis. From the posts on the Chiefs forum, most of the posters wanted Geno Smith or they wanted to get Joeckel then hopefully have had Barkley fall to them to 33rd pick. Also, Nick Foles was acceptable because he was only a one year pro and was familiar with Andy Reid.

Eric Fisher could be the first overall pick. That would be huge for a generally unknown, non-BCS school like Central Michigan and could give an advantage to signing better recruits in the future.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 19:47   Link #6573
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't know, Manti would slip into the second round, I'd say there's a good 50%+ chance that the Ravens take him at #32, pending who else is available.

As for Alex Smith, it's not really a sweepstakes, is it? I don't really think there's much of a chance of him going anywhere but the Chiefs, since the only other serious bidder seems to be Arizona, and why would the 49ers give them a chance at a good QB?
Te'o isn't worth the 32nd pick and I'd pretty pissed if Ozzie took him there. His 40 time shouldn't have surprised anyone as his game has never been built on athleticism.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:33   Link #6574
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I think they feel that Smith has already hit his ceiling, which is why he was replaced despite having a good season last year. Basically, the Chief fans have gone through this before and believe that Alex Smith will regress without Harbaugh like Cassel did without Charlie Weis. From the posts on the Chiefs forum, most of the posters wanted Geno Smith or they wanted to get Joeckel then hopefully have had Barkley fall to them to 33rd pick. Also, Nick Foles was acceptable because he was only a one year pro and was familiar with Andy Reid.
If that really does happen, than the Chiefs just lost a second round as well as another conditional mid-round pick next year.

What are the chances that they still draft Geno Smith, just in case Alex Smith does regress or his performance in games is very poor ?
Old 2013-03-01, 09:36   Link #6575
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
What are the chances that they still draft Geno Smith, just in case Alex Smith does regress or his performance in games is very poor ?
I'd say incredibly low. Like, 0.7% low. You don't waste your first two round picks, especially that high in each round, on a position that you only get to play one of at a time.
Old 2013-03-03, 17:54   Link #6576
Washu-Chan