AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 10:13   Link #261
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Dunno, swordies in general have been condescending pricks, but the sun cult definitely aren't the heroes. If anything the story has only stressed that both sides aren't much different, barring the physical advantage swordies have. If humans had a similar advantage over the swordies do you really think they would be any better overall?

The only thing they really have going for them is the underdog theme that humans have in the story.
Swordies are pricks, who didn't really consider much of high school students going out to kill some human thugs, cause they wanted to get some live blade exercise. Swordies are also occupying japan. From what we have seen, they don't associate with humans in general, and there is not much mingling of the population.

They come across as barbarian conquerors, who are still pretty brutal after 3 generations.

The sun cult is not heroes, but considering they are the only humans we have seen other then the MC and even then the swordies actions makes them seem even remotely more reasonable instead of normal terrorists.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:19   Link #262
Kadi
知識の探求者

Now, who here thinks they'd be just as excited about the current plot if it had been spoiled beforehand?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:28   Link #263
bludvein

By the same token Freya and Migune are not representative of their race. At least the Blades would've actually prosecuted what they did as crimes, rather than blowing it off. Ironically the Blaze actually seemed pissed off by this behavior and ended up killing them.

Maybe I'll change my mind when we get to the other volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Now, who here thinks they'd be just as excited about the current plot if it had been spoiled beforehand?
Without going into another pointless argument, I would have. I'm just that way.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:35   Link #264
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I would have been just as excited as I am now, thanks.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:59   Link #265
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I would have been just as excited as I am now, thanks.
same.

Also I like that Manaka is a villain, to be honest I hate her type of personality(I call them the "fufufu" type).
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:03   Link #266
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
The author is trying too hard. Really? Two twists in one chapter is a bit much. Nevermind Neena, I hoped the author introduced Manaka as a villain at a later volume. Considering her standing and position. Btw, does that means Hyouka is a blaze too?
That's the one gripe I had about volume 1, it's a bit too much for the first volume. I think I mentioned before at some point that solely reading this series for the plot may lead to a bit of disappointment if you're expecting an extremely well-done and smooth sailing plotline. It's all in the character interactions for me so I'm able to overlook this factor as long as the plot piques my interest and is coherent (which it is so far imo). So far from what I've read, the later volumes do tone it down in comparison to this plot twisted volume 1.

Also Hyouka and Manaka are sisters, so yes Hyouka is also a Blaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
WTF, I was getting to like Manaka and this is what I get... NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Manaka please don't die !

Also there are things I don't about Manaka that doesn't make sence, such as why did she sent Kurou to the swordie school knowing that he is friend with Sefi, why did she sent Hinako to him to protect when she would later kidnap back and why did she told Kurou about the murder of number 1 of the 1st years?

Well I hope she is actually a goodie in stead of what seem mostly the main boss of the 1st vol.
Most of that will kinda make sense later. As for having him protect Hinako, it was stated that they couldn't just detain Hinako in terms of arresting/detaining her due to the constraints of Hinako not being a criminal and the law. Due to her standing and work, she can't replicate the same bodyguard role that Kurou can manage. Plus, if she wanted her victim intact for later, it'd be logical to hand it off to Kurou who is very capable of protecting her. I'm also sure part of the answer to those questions is because of her carefree nature lol.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:38   Link #267
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
It's not Hakomari, and readers are less picky about spoilers in non-mystery genres nowadays, me thinks. Not exactly a good thing, but meh.

Hey, Manaka is the villain here! Who would've thought? My, my, author used this trick way too early. I wanted epic, though, can't complain.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:55   Link #268
ZeKeR
Superbad

well Kurou might get his big break here in which he just outright defeats Manaka or unlocking his hidden power.
Old 2013-08-26, 06:16   Link #269
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Most like Kurou would unlease his hidden power and lose control, Manaka get defected and flee away to fight another day.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 09:08   Link #270
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
That's the one gripe I had about volume 1, it's a bit too much for the first volume. I think I mentioned before at some point that solely reading this series for the plot may lead to a bit of disappointment if you're expecting an extremely well-done and smooth sailing plotline. It's all in the character interactions for me so I'm able to overlook this factor as long as the plot piques my interest and is coherent (which it is so far imo). So far from what I've read, the later volumes do tone it down in comparison to this plot twisted volume 1.

Also Hyouka and Manaka are sisters, so yes Hyouka is also a Blaze.
Yeah, it's a bit much for the first volume. I guess I didn't read the warning. . Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to it despite the randomness, especially since you said it'll tone down in the later volume.

I wonder if Kurou knows about Hyouka's race, since he was practically living with her all the time.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:04   Link #271
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Yeah, it's a bit much for the first volume. I guess I didn't read the warning. . Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to it despite the randomness, especially since you said it'll tone down in the later volume.

I wonder if Kurou knows about Hyouka's race, since he was practically living with her all the time.
Probably not, he expressed a lot of surprise when he first heard about the red eye thing and hadn't encountered mystic arts before which are the two main traits for the Blazes.

Anyways, updated it again. As I said before, gonna be busy but I will try to upload that last 30% all together during the weekend so the massive battle can be enjoyed in one go.
Old 2013-08-27, 23:31   Link #272
bludvein

The relationship between Lars and Kurou is pretty interesting, considering they are both outcasts who shake up expectations. They have a sort of brotherly rivalry thing going on, which is rare for a series like this.

Can't wait for the next part, and thanks for translating as always.
Old 2013-08-28, 04:28   Link #273
ImperialFlameGod8190

didn't know that manaka was the sword saint hyouka's sister that's a nice little tidbit and as expected the blaze are working with the sun cult. The enemy of my enemy is my friend just as I said
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:23   Link #274
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Probably not, he expressed a lot of surprise when he first heard about the red eye thing and hadn't encountered mystic arts before which are the two main traits for the Blazes.

Anyways, updated it again. As I said before, gonna be busy but I will try to upload that last 30% all together during the weekend so the massive battle can be enjoyed in one go.
I guess she managed to hide it very well.

Thanks for the update.
Old 2013-08-28, 07:25   Link #275
ImperialFlameGod8190

TJP take your time don't rush because u've done well if people complain ignore them because they are simply ignorant
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 08:23   Link #276
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
didn't know that manaka was the sword saint hyouka's sister that's a nice little tidbit and as expected the blaze are working with the sun cult. The enemy of my enemy is my friend just as I said
It was said in chapter 1 that Manaka is Hyouka's sister.

Thanks for the update TJP1600.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:19   Link #277
bludvein

Is the person doing vol 2 already working on it (and just waiting to post) or are you just waiting for vol 1 to finish before starting?
Old 2013-08-28, 19:13   Link #278
finalfury
Incognito

Thanks for the translation TJP. Story's fairly interesting while the characters imo, make the series and the art is okay (I'm too desensitized to ecchi art anyways).
Old 2013-09-02, 02:25   Link #279
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Finished CH4. Hehe, that ending : )
Old 2013-09-02, 03:04   Link #280
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Thanks, that was a really nice chapter.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j