AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 12:03   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Magister Negi Magi: Anime Final

Premiere Date: August 27, 2011

Production Company: Shaft

As it was formerly announced back in May 2011 that Mahou Sensei Negima will have a film "Double-Billed" with Hayate the Combat Butler. I'm guessing the Double-Billed here means the audience will get to watch both movies featured in one by paying for one ticket. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, as far as I know the film concludes Mahou Sensei Negima by putting out a second ending to the original one by Akamatsu, the creator of Mahou Sensei Negima. Here is a tease-trailer that features both movies.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 04:39   Link #2
Hata
時の異邦人

movie merchandise, Negima cookies, T shirt, cards, etc.

http://yannegi.blog42.fc2.com/blog-entry-3948.html
Old 2011-08-19, 09:02   Link #3
Hata
時の異邦人

with the movie showing coming near, first day showtime for the theatre at Shinjuku were posted, which includes 2 shows of common seiyu from both movies share stages in between showing.

08/27
Shinjuk Wald9 Cinema
16:00 movies start showing
18:20 stage interview show 1 started
19:40 stage interview show 2 started
20:35 movies start showing

each stage show is approximately 50 minutes.

25 will show up for the biggest (!?) seiyu stage gathering in anime history.
(I did noy write that, the promo did.)

21 from Negima, 4 from Hayate.

(judging from the showtime, if Negima and Hayate are about the same length, then the movie should be around 65 minutes is my guess.)
Old 2011-08-19, 22:27   Link #4
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
21 from Negima, 4 from Hayate.
Then again, how many are in both? Kaede is Hayate, after all.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:36   Link #5
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Then again, how many are in both? Kaede is Hayate, after all.
Not to mention Misa is Hinagiku.
Old 2011-08-21, 07:39   Link #6
Hata
時の異邦人

on this week's Magazine, there were 4 color pages talking about the movie, and it confirms the story line from the movie website.
Spoiler for movie:

my own guess? the clue so far is Asuna is the only one shown in her MW clothes in the movie preview, all the others are in their school uniforms...
Old 2011-08-21, 11:09   Link #7
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Seeing the description of the film's summary, I think I can now see another reason why Akamatsu-sensei decided not to do this ending in the manga:
Spoiler for movie:
Also, anyone else think that Akamatsu-sensei is saving up who he plans to have as the "true victor" in the battle for Negi's heart until the manga's ending? After all, having Negi end up with Asuna, while very understandable, also feels way too obvious (and Akamatsu-sensei has mentioned that the person who Negi is going to end up with is going to be a surprise).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-08-21 at 15:59.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:26   Link #8
DKN117

Do we have any word of if the movie will, even in flasbacks, cover any of the Magical World arc, so we can see an animated version of Negi's Daemon Form and Raiten forms, and maybe actually hear the voices of Kurt Godel, of Dynamis, and of Fate's girls? (I've always imagined Godel with English-dub Perfect Cell's voice, and I'm thinking of 'Homura' being voiced by Asami Sanada doing her "Vita" voice)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:24   Link #9
Blank-Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Anyone else think that Akamatsu-sensei is saving up who he plans to have as the "true victor" in the battle for Negi's heart until the manga's ending? After all, having Negi end up with Asuna, while very understandable, also feels way too obvious (and Akamatsu-sensei has mentioned that the person who Negi is going to end up with is going to be a surprise).
The terrible thing about harems is, no matter who wins, so many will lose. And there will be mourning.

I'm pulling for Chachamaru. She's kind of the underdog here, there's probably no way in hell she'll win. After all, Negi has to have kids in the future. But it's just too sad, eh? She cried laser fluid. She's the perfect combination of gentle and sad that I always fall for.

That being said, I'm willing to settle for Nodoka or Yue, who both have a pretty solid claim on Negi at this point. Asuna and Eva I could never really get behind, and Chisame seems kinda rushed, considering she only recently showed any interest in Negi at all.

What, this is totally on topic, what are you talking about!

Last edited by Blank-Mage; 2011-08-21 at 23:33. Reason: How could I forget...
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 03:35   Link #10
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Probably will start with Fate/Negi battle (and flashbacks)
Shiori will kiss Asuna.
Rakan vs Negi
Final battle
Old 2011-08-22, 09:19   Link #11
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
and Akamatsu-sensei has mentioned that the person who Negi is going to end up with is going to be a surprise
knowing you I hate to break your bubble, but for me an ending with NegiXNodoka will NOT be a surprise. she is after all, in second place behind Asuna,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Do we have any word of if the movie will, even in flasbacks, cover any of the Magical World arc, so we can see an animated version of Negi's Daemon Form and Raiten forms, and maybe actually hear the voices of Kurt Godel, of Dynamis, and of Fate's girls?
two things we know.

-- Ken said this movie is independent enough that you do not need to watch any of the previous Negima TV, OAV, and OAD in order to enjoy it.

-- 4 days before movie showing, the movie website is still only listing the seiyu for the 31 students (Chao included!) + Negi, of course we knew there will be others such as Konoemon...
Old 2011-08-22, 09:23   Link #12
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering every character has at least a few shippers here and there, unless Akamatsu pulls out a new character there's always going to be someone who can say they saw it coming.

Back on the subject of the movie though, I hope they're going to put more effort in the animation here than they did with the OAD's. The OAD animation was often downright terrible.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 09:44   Link #13
DKN117

Well then, how will we ever find out what they sound like?!
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 08:36   Link #14
Hata
時の異邦人

they change the first stage show schedule, now it would be on 6PM right after the movie first showing at 4PM,. this means Negima the movie is probably just an hour long.

reading the very unclear blurb of the color pages on the movie from Magazine.

-- Chacha Maru's satellite cannon was shown firing in the movie, that is the only confirmed bits of MW arc in the movie, so far.

-- Chao's name was add on the special interview after missing initially, looks like she might make an appearance after all.
Old 2011-08-24, 09:27   Link #15
Blank-Mage

Yay, animated Neko Kill-Sat! Best thing since animated Eternal Negi Fever.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:27   Link #16
Hata
時の異邦人

a few more things on the movie right before the first showing.

-- the story was changed from the beginning, (which is continuation and ending of MW arc.) the official site admits as much, why? did not say. but we do know the animation work did not start until the beginning of July.

-- the new story is after they came back to Mahora, Konoemon wants Negi to pick a permanent partner and erase the memory of others about magic, while Negi trying to make the difficult choice, Mars suddenly appear quite close on top of Mahora, a crisis for both the real world and the magic world...

-- for the live stage seiyu show after the first showing, 800 tickets were sold out in 10 minutes, so they are going to make it available on nico TV, Friday, 6PM Tokyo time.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv61339440

-- because of that they change the schedule a bit, and LOOP OFF 20 MINUTES so they can start the live cast on the hour, people quickly assuming the worst, that Negima now instead of 60 minutes is only a 40 minutes show. I tend to think there is still a possibility that they just cut off the 10 minutes rest time between films, in any case, we will know for sure soon.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:49   Link #17
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
a few more things on the movie right before the first showing.

-- the new story is after they came back to Mahora, Konoemon wants Negi to pick a permanent partner and erase the memory of others about magic, while Negi trying to make the difficult choice, Mars suddenly appear quite close on top of Mahora, a crisis for both the real world and the magic world...

-- because of that they change the schedule a bit, and LOOP OFF 20 MINUTES so they can start the live cast on the hour, people quickly assuming the worst, that Negima now instead of 60 minutes is only a 40 minutes show. I tend to think there is still a possibility that they just cut off the 10 minutes rest time between films, in any case, we will know for sure soon.
I, uh...huh?

...well I guess it's good(?!) to know that it won't be a remotely faithful adaptation before actually watching the movie - it keeps my expectations low (though now I wonder whether I should even bother at all. I bet Arika won't even get mentioned )
Old 2011-08-25, 22:27   Link #18
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
-- the new story is after they came back to Mahora, Konoemon wants Negi to pick a permanent partner and erase the memory of others about magic,
This is quite a dickish and stupid move. Not only is Negi still ten years old and shouldn't be thinking of permanent partners yet, but the thanks the girls get for risking their lives to save Mundus Magicus is getting their memories erased? Really classy there, magical higher ups.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 23:00   Link #19
mechdra

I am rooting for NegeXFate. Partner is partner, wife is wife lol.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 03:45   Link #20
AstroNerdBoy

Akamatsu-sensei apparently just saw the final version of the movie. If I understood correctly, the "Plan B" he had previously tweeted that the movie would be about is incorrect.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote