AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 07:59   Link #981
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dang, the series will really end next week. I was still hoping that was wrong. The preview makes it look like Saaya is going to confess to Bossun... he'll accept and they'll live happily ever after. What? A man can dream.
Old 2012-09-20, 08:53   Link #982
ookamigirl

Tsubaki & Katou joined at the him LOL
Bossun really seems to enjoy teasing Tsubaki.
Katou's attitude sure is unique most of the time..
Looks like student council will come to appreciate his ninja skills.
Katou proves to be the best & most efficient member student council ever had.
That guy is just wow!
Usami's problem with men sure got a unique approach ROFL
Guys dressed as girls were really cute!! Especially Tsubaki who totally looked like a real girl.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 20:36   Link #983
Texas84
よろしく

Any chance of more Sket-dan after a season of Gintama?
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:16   Link #984
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
Any chance of more Sket-dan after a season of Gintama?
I guess so (though not necessarily immediately the season after), when the manga finishes year 3 arc, which is what it's currently in right now.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:58   Link #985
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I am thinking of dropping Sket dance. It's become very dumbed down and is nowhere on the level it was when it started. And, every episode's story feels boring.

When was the last time Himeko beat someone up or showed her aggressive side? Anyone? Yeah, been so long ago that we cant even remember. So, that teacher grabbed her hair and she did jack... he took a peek under her skirt and she did jack again. WTF???

And, why have they started doing 2 15mins episodes in 1 episode ? Appalling... 15 mins aint enough for anything!

And, too much perverted stuff been happening or been indicated in recent episodes. The U rating this anime had has gone.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:54   Link #986
ookamigirl

Saaya still hung up on Bossun - Himeko relationship.
Her brother still misunderstanding the whole thing...
Bossun as basketball stand-in was interesting to see.
Saaya finally confessed to Bossun. Now that was a big deal.
There sure was a lot going on in this episode.
Seems like all the characters from previous help requests were in it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:13   Link #987
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We got to see Saaya confessing to Bossun as the preview suggested, but he didn't give her an answer. I actually expected her to be rejected so I'm glad that didn't happen, though her chances still seem pretty low compared to Himeko.

They managed to throw in a Momoka x Switch moment in this episode as well. They didn't want us to forget about the romance.

I'm sad this is over. Hopefully they'll make another season soon. If they don't, I'll just have to read the manga, I suppose.
Old 2012-09-27, 14:24   Link #988
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
It's become very dumbed down and is nowhere on the level it was when it started.
i particularly hated episode 74, that was the worst.

I was disappointed that they showed snippets on how Bossun and Switch met at school, but they never made an episode about that. Himeko's back story was shown though, so i don't know why they didn't elaborate on that.

In the end, I could still say that it was a very enjoyable 77 weeks. Here's hoping for another season!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:32   Link #989
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
i particularly hated episode 74, that was the worst.

I was disappointed that they showed snippets on how Bossun and Switch met at school, but they never made an episode about that.
That 'Switch On' (that's what I call it) arc has only just now been dealt with in the latest raws of the manga. Guess they didn't have source for it or saving it in case this gets another go...

As for the final. You can already guess Himeko is probably a lock on being with Bossun, but Saaya is just too damn freaking cute in her own right. Although I always liked Roman too even with her being the gag character...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:37   Link #990
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That 'Switch On' (that's what I call it)
Actually, that's how it's called in the manga.
Old 2012-09-27, 20:24   Link #991
Calca
Expressionless

Ya it took years for the "Switch On" arc to start after the "Switch Off"
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 21:39   Link #992
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm sad this is over. Hopefully they'll make another season soon. If they don't, I'll just have to read the manga, I suppose.
I feel the same way. Sket Dance has always been one of those light-hearted shows that could brighten up the day. Just all the good stuff about the nostalgia of youth with some comedy thrown in.

As for Saaya, I love her character, but it's pretty difficult to match the history between Himiko and Bossun (or the among the Sket Dan members for that matter), but unlike most love triangles in a TV series, I actually can't help but cheer for both Saaya and Himiko. They're both great characters in their own right, and it's interesting to just sit back and watch how all three sort out their feelings for one another.

I guess that pretty much demonstrates what I find most appealing in this show for me: the characters. With such a large cast, even the minor ones, come off as either interesting or entertaining. Evey character is likeable—with some more likeable than others of course, but only due to their level of significance in the story. There are exceptions obviously, like with the 'villain' characters and so on. In the end, I just won't be missing the main three characters—undoubtedly the heart of the show—but I'll also be missing the entire school. (Well, more than the school, that is. Can't forget Bossun's family and Himeko's awesome mom now, can we? )

So yeah, the manga is still running. But I'd rather still see the colourful cast of Sket Dance in an anime in all their glory and quirkiness. Overall, a good and fun 77 episode run. Here's hoping for another season one day.

Last edited by kujoe; 2012-09-27 at 21:51.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:15   Link #993
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah i need to thanks Sket Dance for giving me something to watch every Thursday night.
Though it is not perfect, but Sket Dance certainly is a good anime. The list of seiyuu is great. And the creation of sketchbook band also helps me hooked onto this anime.

And finally the killing blow is KanaHana voicing Saaya.
Though the few last episode not delivered the same experience like the first year, but i still enjoyed it. And i hope they will air the remaining manga after maybe one year hiatus...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:44   Link #994
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Sadden this is the last episode... well Gintama is back again and I might continue it (still at 70 ish episode). Out of the two, I like Sket Dance a bit more, because its relatable due to the high school background, but the jokes are bit more childish.

After checking up on Saaya VA, now I know why they kept pushing her character into the trio Sket Dance all the time, even when she isn't suppose to be there.

Anyone know what other shows, Shiraishi Ryoko is doing? Gonna miss her accent the most...
Old 2012-09-28, 14:02   Link #995
webkid94
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anyone know what other shows, Shiraishi Ryoko is doing?
A certain blue haired butler comes to mind
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:22   Link #996
broken270
Defying gravity

I like how all the characters returned for this final episode as well as the ED having scenes from all of the OPs Sket Dance has. It tied everyone back together quite nicely.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:14   Link #997
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know where in the manga the show stops?
Old 2012-09-29, 21:16   Link #998
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a fast ending but at less it ending before it got painful to watch again
Old 2012-11-26, 19:57   Link #999
bastek66

From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-new-anime-dvd
Quote:
The DVD will contain new anime that adapts "that particular" story episode from the manga that was not animated for the earlier television series. The official website for the anime will provide more information on the anime in production.
If this is what I think it is. Then
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 20:54   Link #1000
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-new-anime-dvd

If this is what I think it is. Then
This. Everything about this. Any Sket Dance fan would want this. It's coming, prepare youself.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen