AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-06-10, 14:30   Link #4921
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I mean, from the point of view of characterization and plot style I'd pin Boku no Hero Academia closer to Hunter X Hunter than the alternatives.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 16:14   Link #4922
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which ones could be used for comparison in this case? Most battle shounen end up forgotten or just don't have the same kind of character dynamics. Another reason is that those three have had a huge influence on the current batch of Jump mangakas. In fact, I'm pretty sure Horikoshi said he loves Naruto.
The quality of an argument or comparison in this case doesn't depend on the amount of people who are familiar with it. There are plenty of series with better written characters like the aforementioned HxH for example. Of course to make a good case one would have to read the actual source first however.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 18:46   Link #4923
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How would you even compare Uraraka to HxH's main heroine which... doesn't exist? Well, you could argue Killua is the heroine, but you get my point.

I couldn't disagree more about My Hero Academia being closer to Hunter x Hunter than Naruto.
Old 2020-06-11, 11:55   Link #4924
bastek66

What the fuck
Spoiler for new chap:
Old 2020-06-11, 12:13   Link #4925
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
What the fuck
Spoiler for new chap:
Spoiler for o...k:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 13:21   Link #4926
RDNexus

Erm...
Spoiler:
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 01:10   Link #4927
AP24

So 30% is the normal and 45% is the highest Deku can use without getting injured
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 04:13   Link #4928
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Erm...
Spoiler:
Cant read japanese.

^30% should make him far above anyone in the setting,
Spoiler for s:
Old 2020-06-12, 07:10   Link #4929
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2020-06-12, 07:46   Link #4930
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Cant read japanese.

^30% should make him far above anyone in the setting,
Spoiler for s:
Something like that, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 08:35   Link #4931
Crunky

Quote:
How would you even compare Uraraka to HxH's main heroine which... doesn't exist? Well, you could argue Killua is the heroine, but you get my point.

I couldn't disagree more about My Hero Academia being closer to Hunter x Hunter than Naruto.
Not everything has to be a 1:1 comparison also Horikoshi said One Piece was also a huge influence in him not just Naruto and it shows.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 08:58   Link #4932
marvelB

Another week, another non-official TL! So basically, Deku (and Bakugou, even if he doesn't admit it) is acting as bait while Endeavor and the other pros handle Shigaraki. Speaking of the villain, I notice his line to Aizawa at the end there is the same thing he said to him earlier in the series, back when he led the first villain attack on the UA students. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it looks like Shigaraki is digging in his pocket on the last page's middle panel (you can even see a little sfx there), so he's probably going to make use of one of those bullets.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 12:47   Link #4933
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 12:53   Link #4934
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Aizawa raised a ton of death flags in those last two pages.
Old 2020-06-14, 13:58   Link #4935
LevelSeven

Cant really see Aizawa dying, he probably loses his quirk or just gets badly injured. The plot with kurogiri wouldnt really have a direction otherwise.

Though i can imagine it to go: aizawa dies, the arc ends, shigaraki escapes, Mic tells deku and co about their past, and than at some point kurogiri gets talk no jutsu'ed into not obeying shigaraki anymore.

Either way, nice chapter, although the moment of the dragon hitting shigaraki away should have been made differently, confused me quite a bit since there doesnt seem to be a big impact despite him being thrown away at full strength.
Old 2020-06-14, 14:04   Link #4936
Wandering Soul

Yeah Aizawa is either dying or losing his quirk. His ability to cancel quirks means that he sort of has to be taken care of to stop him from tipping the scales too much.
Old 2020-06-14, 18:05   Link #4937
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never thought about this before but... giving OFA to Aizawa seems like it would have been extremely smart, given that he's a natural counter to AFO. He's also extensively trained his body to fight on par with individuals with quirks, so he probably would have been able to use a good percentage of the power right off the bat. I guess there's the problem of his personality, he could never become a symbol of peace.
Old 2020-06-14, 18:46   Link #4938
Random14

At the time All Might chose his successor, he didn't think the next one would have to worry about fighting All For One again, or rather, that things would be so dire (with Shigaraki so powerful and getting all the quirks AFO gathered for hiim). Which is why Nighteye thought someone already really strong like Mirio should have gotten it while All Might went with Deku who impressed him.

Gran Torino to the rescue again. And at least Aizawa can slow down Shigaraki for a bit, not sure how much longer this battle will go on. Still several heavyweights on both sides in play (Giganto is approaching and Endeavor will catch up) but not like this will be the big climatic battle, one side will fall back eventually.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 02:55   Link #4939
LevelSeven

Quote:
I never thought about this before but... giving OFA to Aizawa seems like it would have been extremely smart, given that he's a natural counter to AFO. He's also extensively trained his body to fight on par with individuals with quirks, so he probably would have been able to use a good percentage of the power right off the bat. I guess there's the problem of his personality, he could never become a symbol of peace.
I mean, to be honest, giving OFA to most other people with a quirk would already be smarter than just giving it to Deku, it would at least be "some small quirk that can be boosted with OFA to a useful power" + OFA instead of just a quirkless person.

But AM didnt really think all that much for it.
Old 2020-06-15, 05:08   Link #4940
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Watch out Shigaraki that quirkless bullet can be heroes reverse uno card against yourself.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot