AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-31, 07:57   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 553 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released...

Quote:
-Naruto attacks Muu. But Muu dodges since he is a sensor type.

-Naruto uses Gaara’s sand cloud to approach Muu, then using the Bijuu Cloak; he extends a Rasengan into Muu’s stomach. Gaara captures the former Tsuchikage.

-Cut to Temari fighting the Raikage. Back story is revealed…Naruto steps in an crushes Temari’s dreams of being the best Futon user in the Alliance…

-Cut to Zetsu (doing something), and the emergence of Sasuke (with, seemingly, a new Susano’o).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 08:06   Link #2
farhan

is sasuke eyes changed a bit?
Old 2011-08-31, 08:11   Link #3
Spelt

His eyes aren't as cool as i thought they would be
Old 2011-08-31, 08:28   Link #4
haegar
mangaviking

Ok chapter. I'm not sure though if I like Sasuske showing so early. There's still a bunch of fights to jump back and forth between and having another main char enter the fray will make for more jumpin all over the place at a time where it looked like finally ends were gonna be tied up a bit... Also, WHY does he show now? He stayed away all the time, and now goes for whitey out of nowhere at a time where Madara, Kabuto, the Kages and Naruto are all still around? either he waits to strike last or he comes in with some reasonable goal - unless he knows that hitting Zetsu good will hurt Madara? Still, atm he seems to be helping the alliance, he can't wanna do that can he?
Old 2011-08-31, 08:34   Link #5
Mizugetsu

Meh chapter sasuke gets his powerup as we all knew he would, going after Zetsu was a small surprise but activating SUSANOO and Amaterasu together and not seeing any strain at all is a touch worry some. just because he can and probably will just walk through division after division of Joint Shinobi Army with bearly a glance

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 08:41   Link #6
Aesthetic Shampoo

Another meh chapter. Sasuke's eyes look like they have his normal sharingan with itachi's Photoshopped on top.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 08:48   Link #7
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

A) Too much rasengan in the last chapters...it's starting to get annoying :| try to vary a bit Naruto...
B) I knew Kishimoto couldn't suppress his love for Sasuke for much longer...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 09:00   Link #8
Neji112

So instead if sealing souls like Itachi, it looks like Sasuke Susanoo's sword will burn you with black flames.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 09:04   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Chapter was alright. I guess Naruto beasting through 2 Kages has to make up for nearly getting his soul dragged out by Nagato 3 chapters back (even though I don't think he deserved the hate back then for it).

-Now is it just me, or does Naruto have some very sharp ears? I cannot imagine Temari to have been talking very loudly and Naruto was rather high up in the air. Though I will admit his timely entrance and "Except for me" line was pretty badass. And chances are he's going to be needed for the Mizukage as well since he is a much better sensor too. Geez Naruto, let Gaara and Onoki have some fun.

-Lastly...Sasuke. Yeah, I got nothing. Its just him stabbing his allies in the back (looks like he perfected his stabbing since the Karin incident) and then posing for the panel/camera, with some new contact lenses.
Old 2011-08-31, 10:58   Link #10
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Talking omg! omg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Lastly...Sasuke. Yeah, I got nothing. It's just him stabbing his allies in the back (looks like he perfected his stabbing since the Karin incident) and then posing for the panel/camera, with some new contact lenses.
omg, first of all, lol

I really enjoyed this chapter-EXCEPT for the fact that maybe Temari could have had like, I don't know, one freakin moment of bad-ass-atude? Gah. Damn it Naruto, do you not remember zombie Itachi's impassioned speech about friendship and letting others help out every once in a while? Gah.

I have to say I'm super excited to see Sasuke-kun enter the fray, albeit with Itachi's eyes photoshoped on to his head, as someone said before. Oh boy oh boy! And he's killing off the zetsu's, so not only does he have a haxed power up, but he's also bat-shit insane and just stabbing anyone who happens to be in the vicinity.

Come on...you guys know you all want to see Sasuke the homicidal maniac rampaging it up with scary eyes... Cause I do!
Old 2011-08-31, 11:19   Link #11
noktown

I wonder what Naruto's going to do vs Amaterasu ?Now that Sasuke can spam the flames forever....The only thing he can do is dodge... ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 11:27   Link #12
Kowai

I didn't really like this chapter..
Naruto comes tonsave the day vs muu? That was lame gaara and tsuchikage should have handles that. Even if it was the only thing they did allnwar, there couldnhave been a much mire badass fight than "planet-rasengan" or however naruto's attack was translated.
On the plus side muu was warning them as he was being sealed, as if he may be getting out somehow...

But aside from natuto continuing to shadow clone "I'll do everything myself" the next most stupid part was temari saying she is the only wind user (besides naruto) WTF are the odds of out of 80,000 ninjas only 2 are futon users. But hey I guess why that explains why no one else uses techniques besides fireballs.

Zzz overall disappointed. Feels like kishi is rushing, erasing ideas he could have done for the sake of expediency..
Old 2011-08-31, 11:30   Link #13
Aqua Knight

I haven't read Naruto in 2 weeks but pretty sure Sasuke would come back and he came.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:00   Link #14
kakakka

Sure is early (or I'm really late)

Nothing significant happened I see, except the introduction of Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou(?).
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:50   Link #15
Lendial

his EMS design is really sloppy looking compared to previous designs.

his single line seems to imply hes embraced the dark side of the force and can control them just fine without it consuming him- or so he thinks.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:52   Link #16
mrShady

Nice enough chapter (sort of better then last week)
And Naruto still doing everything single handedly can easily be explained by it being a pre Itachi rez clone and thus without him having the same knowledge the real Naruto has.
Sasuke did show up real bad ass, but he does need to live up to the bad ass example Naruto has set (not counting his stupidity against Nagato).
Maybe Naruto and Bee will be captured and then (after Bee bites the dust) Sasuke jumps in kicks Madara's ass and says: "F off Naruto is my prey". Obviously this has to happen before the Kyuubi get's nicked otherwise Naruto is no match.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:58   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
I really enjoyed this chapter-EXCEPT for the fact that maybe Temari could have had like, I don't know, one freakin moment of bad-ass-atude? Gah. Damn it Naruto, do you not remember zombie Itachi's impassioned speech about friendship and letting others help out every once in a while?
Obviously Itachi didn't mean female characters as well. Just the male characters are allowed to help. It's the job of female characters to have babies after all...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:08   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
A) Too much rasengan in the last chapters...it's starting to get annoying :| try to vary a bit Naruto...
That's why i complained that Itachi should make a long training session with Naruto, so he can develop something more interesting. Sure these rasengan variations are nice and all, but it's just not enough to make things really interesting and cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
B) I knew Kishimoto couldn't suppress his love for Sasuke for much longer...
His love wasn't strong enough to come up with an EMS eye design that is cool enough. This is just a combination of Sasuke's and Itachi's MS eyes.

The interesting part of this chapter was at the bottom of page 10: Naruto gives orders to 2 kages. Well technically he didn't order them, but it felt like he was in command in that scene First sign of the new times where Naruto doesn't receive orders, he gives them.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2011-08-31 at 13:18.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:09   Link #19
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Isn't Kabuchimaru at the White Zetsu factory, powering it with Yamato and Anko? Does this mean Itachi and Sasuke will meet up after all? I actually thought the black flames were from Itachi's Amaterasu at first - was pleasantly surprised to see it was Sasuke finally making an appearance.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:15   Link #20
Nite-Wing

It felt amazing reading this chapter
Sasuke is back!

Poor white zetsu though

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion