AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-08-29, 23:03   Link #1
Trenpex

Op mc

An anime with an op mc like one punch man, mob psycho 100, etc, thanks! or just any anime you would think I'd like.
Trenpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 07:58   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenpex View Post
An anime with an op mc like one punch man, mob psycho 100, etc, thanks! or just any anime you would think I'd like.
First thing that comes to mind is Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, AKA Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. Main character, Kenshi, is so strong it's absurd, and the author has a lot of fun with this. He's not one punch man in that he has enough control to not kill anyone he attacks, but rather something like a guy with skills Navy SEALs would be jealous of in a world where boot camp trainee level is considered to be master-level skill. Everything is a piece of cake for him, to the extreme. One of the early episodes he's been pushed into working for the school he's at, and all the departments are arguing over which one gets to use him; the headmistress tells them to share but be careful not to overwork him as he has only one body and they don't want to hurt him. As she's saying this all the faculty members are staring outside as Kenshi runs back and forth carrying piles of rocks several times his size, redwoods, and more while seeming as if he's carrying a bunch of balloons. And in battle, he's a true terror. No one can touch him, he parries every blow with expert skill, and he can take situations that everyone says makes even simple combat near impossible and instantly master them to such an extent that it's like a playground to him.

Also, a somewhat different example, but one might consider Sora and Shiro from No Game No Life to be OP. They're pathetically weak in our world, but when it comes to games they are literally impossible to defeat or even force into a draw. They've several times been revealed to have had complete control of the situation from the very start, and even the times they seemed the most outclassed were part of their plans and calculations to manage a victory.

If you're just looking for OP and don't mind if it's not actually an action series, try My Love Story AKA Ore Monogatari. Gouda Takeo is crazy powerful. Well over six feet tall, built like a tank, able to run faster than most sprinters, at least a few people close to him have noted that it's pretty much impossible for him to die of anything but old age. And it runs in the family: when he becomes concerned about his mother doing work while pregnant with his new brother/sister, she comments how she carried an exhausted woman to the delivery room while herself in labor with him.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2016-08-31 at 14:24.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 09:51   Link #3
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu ...
- Overlord
Old 2016-08-30, 18:01   Link #4
sayde

If you don't mind gore and more mature content, Hellsing Ultimate. Alucard never actually seems like he's going to lose, even when it looks like he's been pushed into a corner. And in terms of OP abilities, that's all Alucard is.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 18:27   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OP characters but probably not what you had in mind
The "Prince" in Level E
Samurai Flamenco in Samurai Flamenco
Suzumiya Haruhi in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 10:51   Link #6
kitten320

Ichigo in Bleach.

Gatz in Berserk I would say.

Not exactly main character but Teresa was very OP in Claymore.

Gon from Hunter x Hunter turns into quiet an OP character as series progress. He pretty much demolishes one of the deadliest characters towards the end of the series.
Old 2016-08-31, 13:02   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I second Teresa; she definitely over-powered, but she carries it so well. Plus you get to hear one of Paku Romi's signature performances. Here she plays a strong, yet quiet and reserved character who speaks mostly to herself. It's very different from her more bombastic roles like Kiryuin Ragyo in Kill la Kill.

Priscilla also deserves a mention here though again she's a supporting character.

Balsa in Seirei no Moribito is a very strong character, but I don't think of her as being "over-powered." She generally carries the day when she needs to. She usually qualifies as a "bad-ass," though.

How about Revy in Black Lagoon? She's at least bad-ass, but is she over-powered? She can shoot just about any opponent who gets in her way and has no compunctions about doing so.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2016-08-31 at 13:14.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 16:46   Link #8
AntonKutovoi

Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken. His enemies sometimes don't even realize that they are already dead.
Although I'd recommend manga. Anime aged pretty badly.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 15:15   Link #9
Trenpex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
First thing that comes to mind is Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, AKA Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. Main character, Kenshi, is so strong it's absurd, and the author has a lot of fun with this. He's not one punch man in that he has enough control to not kill anyone he attacks, but rather something like a guy with skills Navy SEALs would be jealous of in a world where boot camp trainee level is considered to be master-level skill. Everything is a piece of cake for him, to the extreme. One of the early episodes he's been pushed into working for the school he's at, and all the departments are arguing over which one gets to use him; the headmistress tells them to share but be careful not to overwork him as he has only one body and they don't want to hurt him. As she's saying this all the faculty members are staring outside as Kenshi runs back and forth carrying piles of rocks several times his size, redwoods, and more while seeming as if he's carrying a bunch of balloons. And in battle, he's a true terror. No one can touch him, he parries every blow with expert skill, and he can take situations that everyone says makes even simple combat near impossible and instantly master them to such an extent that it's like a playground to him.

Also, a somewhat different example, but one might consider Sora and Shiro from No Game No Life to be OP. They're pathetically weak in our world, but when it comes to games they are literally impossible to defeat or even force into a draw. They've several times been revealed to have had complete control of the situation from the very start, and even the times they seemed the most outclassed were part of their plans and calculations to manage a victory.

If you're just looking for OP and don't mind if it's not actually an action series, try My Love Story AKA Ore Monogatari. Gouda Takeo is crazy powerful. Well over six feet tall, built like a tank, able to run faster than most sprinters, at least a few people close to him have noted that it's pretty much impossible for him to die of anything but old age. And it runs in the family: when he becomes concerned about his mother doing work while pregnant with his new brother/sister, she comments how she carried an exhausted woman to the delivery room while herself in labor with him.
Thanks!. gonna check out the first and the last one because i've seen ngnl, thanks for the explanations aswell!
Old 2016-09-03, 15:16   Link #10
Trenpex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu ...
- Overlord
seen the first two, I'll check out Overlord thanks!
Old 2016-09-03, 15:17   Link #11
Trenpex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
If you don't mind gore and more mature content, Hellsing Ultimate. Alucard never actually seems like he's going to lose, even when it looks like he's been pushed into a corner. And in terms of OP abilities, that's all Alucard is.
Looks interesting, I'll check it out thanks!
Old 2016-09-03, 15:19   Link #12
Trenpex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ichigo in Bleach.

Gatz in Berserk I would say.

Not exactly main character but Teresa was very OP in Claymore.

Gon from Hunter x Hunter turns into quiet an OP character as series progress. He pretty much demolishes one of the deadliest characters towards the end of the series.
I'll check out Berserk and Claymore, seen the other two, thanks!
Old 2016-09-04, 08:06   Link #13
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The Grisaia Trilogy featured an OP MC who uses his special skills to help the characters around him. There are good reasons for his overpoweredness, and they are explored in the later two series. Imo, it's one of the best series containing this sort of MC.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 12:17   Link #14
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Kaze no Stigma
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 08:17   Link #15
kitten320

Quote:
I'll check out Berserk and Claymore, seen the other two, thanks!
In Berserk case I would recommend original 90s anime. Even better manga. But I also would suggest to watch 3rd film.

The thing is that films have tons of horrible CG and they are extremely rushed what makes it hard to care for characters. Anime does it much better. But 3rd film covers some parts that anime skipped.

So if you are not manga person, then watch 90s anime first and 3rd film after. You can watch the other two if you want, but they are not important if you watch the series. They all cover same arc.

In Claymore case, anime starts to differentiate from manga in the last arc which is roughly last 7 episodes if I remember right. The last 3-4 being the worst. Until then it's all good and solid.

Manga has finished couple years ago I think, so once you are done with anime, you can start reading manga from anime's last arc
Old 2016-09-15, 17:49   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

I just started Log Horizon. The main character and his party seem to fit the bill, seeing as they're all close to max level in the game even before the anime starts.
Along the same lines: Sword Art Online (though you must have seen this if you like OP heroes) and Dungeon de Deai where the MC starts out weak and rapidly climbs up.

Overpowered heroes mentally but not physically: Akagi, One Outs, Sakamoto desu ga, the earlier parts of Code Geass and someone already suggested No Game, No Life.