Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-02-13, 22:28   Link #481
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
BTW, should mention this hasn't been 100% confirmed.
Aww man. Hopefully we at least get a solid release window then.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 19:38   Link #482
cyberdemon

well one of the videos they showed said Coming in 2018. So E3 release date reveal seems like the only good time unless they do it a bit earlier
Old 2018-02-14, 21:42   Link #483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

But when does Kingdom Hearts HD 3.5 Final Mix come out?
Old 2018-02-14, 22:07   Link #484
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But when does Kingdom Hearts HD 3.5 Final Mix come out?
the year 2027 lol

Frankly though it is unlikely because they can release new things as DLC now which they couldn't do for the original games.
Old 2018-03-01, 18:36   Link #485
Galaxian

Kingdom Hearts after 8 games summarized in a single image...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 09:19   Link #486
The Green One

I can summarize it in a single word.

DARKNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 2018-03-02, 14:43   Link #487
Wandering Soul

But how does that explain that half the cast is actually Xenohart?
Old 2018-03-02, 16:11   Link #488
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

KH is literally just Sora vs Xehanort. I'm just waiting for an awkward moment when someone like Kairi says "I'm already half Sora".
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 00:47   Link #489
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
KH is literally just Sora vs Xehanort. I'm just waiting for an awkward moment when someone like Kairi says "I'm already half Sora".
She already kind of is considering that Naminé (who she merged with) was created using her heart and Soras' husk... which also kind of makes her Roxas twin in a twisted sort of way.
Old 2018-03-03, 23:16   Link #490
cyberdemon

Cogsworth's voice actor David Stiers just died.
Old 2018-03-04, 02:59   Link #491
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I can summarize it in a single word.

DARKNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Spoiler for Kingdom Hearts - How many times the word "Darkness" is said.:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 16:20   Link #492
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The hell is that game at the top? The mobile game?
Old 2018-03-04, 16:34   Link #493
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The hell is that game at the top? The mobile game?
Definitely not a game. I thought it was the grand total, but the math is off.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 16:55   Link #494
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's why I asked, yeah. If it's the mobage game, damn.
Old 2018-03-08, 09:12   Link #495
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... I've finally completed every KH game aside from the now defunct mobage...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 12:56   Link #496
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Still need to do that myself... still in early Birth by Sleep.
Old 2018-04-01, 16:25   Link #497
Chosen_Hero

So I was finally able to get myself a PS4 this past december and have just finished 2.8 (I have yet to play through the collection but O already played tbose gws in their original release so I started on the ones I stll had not yet played) so a few things from 2.8:

Dream Drop Distance: This was clearly a Riku game, maybe too mich of a Riku game for my taste (I don't hate Riku but I find many other characters much more interesting).

I love the addition of the flowmotion mechanic into combat, it makes it much more dynamic and it gives you much more maneuverabilty over Sora (and Riku) whichbI really, really like.

Whoever designed the anti black coat fight especially in a game with such an obtuse way of gaining abilities should be imprisoned and the key needs to be melted in hellfire. Why do the arenas where the end fights take place on lack any sort of choice to use flowmotion? I mean, jist take anti black coat for example, it can use instant transmition (eat you heart out Goku), its attacks all are tracking multi-hit AoEs, if you are hit by a specific variation of these attacks it not only sicks out your hp bit uses it to recover itself and all of its attacks hit rrally fucking hard. It is prerty fitting that it is called a nigjtmare since that is what that fight is.

Loved the fight against Young Xehanort, it was like fighting a keyblade weilding Dio that also had The World on him (funny enough his heartless Ansem Seeker of Darkness uses a shadow like a stand, so it is very fitting that that fight went the way it did).

I am pretty salty that Riku (the guy that willingly gave himself over to the darkness like 2 or 3 times) got to become a master, yet Sora (who has proven himself more than once) failed just becuase outsiders intervened and was sent to darkness against his will by forces not even Master Yen Sid himself could even predict would have intervened. The only reason I am forgiving the game for this leap of logic is because:

1) Young Xehanort and Ventus Armor fights were sick.

2) Because in a way I understand why Riku became a master over Sora (even though it feels like a big leap in logic that Riku is all of a sudden is a better keyblade weilder than Sora 'cuase muh understanding).

0.2 BBS: I loved this, Aqua is an awesome character and knowing that she was there during the events of the ending of KH was great. Also lobe that Willa Holland (from Arrow) voices Aqua, her voice fits the character well. If this is the demo for how KH3 will play and look on my PS4, then I am very, very excited for the future.

Back Cover: I had already seen this a while ago, but I still can't get over the fact that Deadpool is the reason all of this is even happening.

----------------

So I have to say that the more I play these games the more I feel like Kingdom Hearts is the Star Wars of Final Fantasy.

Seriously, just think about it:

Keyblade Weilders = Force Users

Keyblades = Lightsabers

Light and Darkness = Light side of the force and Dark side of the force

"May your heart be your guiding key" = "May the force be with you"

Xemnas uses freaking red lightsabers = Darth Vader

Organization XIII = The Sith/Dark Jedi

Guardians of Light = Jedi

Master Xehanort = Palpatine/Darth Sidious/The Emperor

I am just saying, a lot of things just fit a bit too well.

Was thinking of writing about my theory of how Wayward Wind (the keyblade Ventus uses in BBS) is actually Soras real keyblade... Nah, not today since it would feel like I was trolling due to april 1rst (I am legit serious about this theory).
Old 2018-04-03, 05:49   Link #498
GDB

The meta logic is they needed a way/reason for Sora's stats to reset for the third game. "Going back to the basics" is the best way to explain that. If he became a Master, it'd be weird for him to suddenly have level 1 stats.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 06:17   Link #499
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am pretty salty that Riku (the guy that willingly gave himself over to the darkness like 2 or 3 times) got to become a master, yet Sora (who has proven himself more than once) failed just becuase outsiders intervened and was sent to darkness against his will by forces not even Master Yen Sid himself could even predict would have intervened. The only reason I am forgiving the game for this leap of logic is because:

1) Young Xehanort and Ventus Armor fights were sick.

2) Because in a way I understand why Riku became a master over Sora (even though it feels like a big leap in logic that Riku is all of a sudden is a better keyblade weilder than Sora 'cuase muh understanding).
0.2 made the reason for Sora's failure a bit more clear. It wasn't so much that Sora failed to show the Mark of Mastery as Riku did (though even then, one could argue that had the reason for Sora's failure been purely a result of outside influence, it would have been no different from Terra), but rather that because of that outside influence, Sora never fully obtained the power they were supposed to obtain from opening the Sleeping Keyholes. And getting that power was the Mark of Mastery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The meta logic is they needed a way/reason for Sora's stats to reset for the third game. "Going back to the basics" is the best way to explain that. If he became a Master, it'd be weird for him to suddenly have level 1 stats.
This is it too. Though with that said, they probably care far more about this than they need to. It would be easy to have him be level 1 from a gameplay perspective, but have the storytelling make it clear that in reality he's level 1 on a totally new scale. Which is to say, KH1 Sora was level 1 relative to what he had to deal with then, and KH3 Sora would be level 1 relative to what he's dealing with now.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 17:02   Link #500
cyberdemon

well in this case it is stated I think in 2.8 that he lost his abilities again due to the attempted possession by Xehanort