AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 06:38   Link #641
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
There's a theory going around that she's Kyon's sister from an alternate universe where she was born first.
where is it? I'd like to read it... sounds hilarious.
Check out the Baka-Tsuki forums. This theory started specifically in this thread (check toward the bottom of the page) and is fleshed out a bit if you keep reading. It is also suggested a few other places in the forums, but I'm pretty sure it originated there, as it was new to me when I first saw it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
It has already been said that the Tsuruya family maintains tie with the Agency, albeit Tsuruya is keeping a distance with full association with Koizumi. It remains to be seen how this plays out.
The impression I've gotten is that the leaders of her house are funding the Organization, but even though she is the future leader of the house (I'm sure I read that somewhere) she hasn't been told about that alliance yet. Of course, with Tsuruya-san, "what she's been told" and "what she knows via her Batman-like skills of observation" are often two completely different things.
Old 2007-12-30, 10:59   Link #642
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Check out the Baka-Tsuki forums. This theory started specifically in this thread (check toward the bottom of the page) and is fleshed out a bit if you keep reading. It is also suggested a few other places in the forums, but I'm pretty sure it originated there, as it was new to me when I first saw it there.

The impression I've gotten is that the leaders of her house are funding the Organization, but even though she is the future leader of the house (I'm sure I read that somewhere) she hasn't been told about that alliance yet. Of course, with Tsuruya-san, "what she's been told" and "what she knows via her Batman-like skills of observation" are often two completely different things.
Hello everyone
Hopefully everybody had a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to the New Years 2008

Tsuruya-san, she has not mention to much about herself, only the clues being told by Koizumi. It seems that she has more information and the concept of the SOS Brigade, aswell as the nature of Haruhi and perhaps the reason or reasons Kyon is hanging around with them. To me, she seems more or less a silent SOS Brigade member, helping them in the shadows.

Koizumi has mention that she has connections to the Organization. I suspect that her family is more then just a funded member, maybe a cover up for Co-vert operations, such as dealings with beings like Nagato (aliens) and Mikuru (time-travellers). All purpose to keep Haruhi with Kyon at a close watch, and to provide protection and aid if its necessary.

Remember, the Organization consider Haruhi as the omnipotent essence that created everything, from the universe to life itself, in sense reality. That makes her the creator of all living things, the stars to planets and the darkness of space with all its own secrets. In other words, she is God.

By stating that, Haruhi is not aware of her own essences, her own divinity. The theory is, if she becomes aware of her powers, all the rules of nature and science will be broken by her will, thus the universe will be in chaos.

Tsuruya-san is aware of the nightmare that would happen to the universe, if the "sleeping-God" becomes aware of its surroundings. So its her duty, and honor to protect and serve God. Even if its in a distance, a shadow that lurks in the background, supporting all into the light of Good.
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 12:01   Link #643
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

Now that you mention Batman, think of Tsuruya-san as someone like Lucius Fox, a very valuable ally who isn't in the know-how of Bruce Wayne's true identity as Batman, but yet can more or less accurately guess what's going on. Though Tsuruya-san chooses not to pry too much and just enjoys her time with the SOS Brigade whenever she has the chance to.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 13:25   Link #644
RR642

Spoiler for Regarding Vol. 9:
RR642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 13:44   Link #645
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR642 View Post
No, because that would involve time travel. And I doubt that a slider can time travel.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:00   Link #646
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
No, because that would involve time travel. And I doubt that a slider can time travel.
So far the time travelers have shown they enjoy meddling with the timeline, who says they don't do the same with the slider?
Old 2007-12-30, 15:26   Link #647
RR642

I'll put this in spoiler tags once again just to be safe, since I keep talking about specific events of the story.

Spoiler for spoilers v 9:
Old 2007-12-30, 15:45   Link #648
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR642 View Post
Spoiler for Volume 9 theory:
Old 2007-12-30, 16:42   Link #649
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for Volume 9 theory:
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:24   Link #650
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Now that you mention Batman, think of Tsuruya-san as someone like Lucius Fox, a very valuable ally who isn't in the know-how of Bruce Wayne's true identity as Batman, but yet can more or less accurately guess what's going on. Though Tsuruya-san chooses not to pry too much and just enjoys her time with the SOS Brigade whenever she has the chance to.
Please, I do apologized about the Bruce-Wayne and Batman concept, I still don't understand on that... sorry.

As far I understand Tsuruya-san is more a member of the SOS-Brigade as much as Kyon, but not directly. Her dwellings is far covertly then the rest of the members like Nagato, Mikuru and Koizumi.

I do apologized on the Batman concept, can you or someone please shed a light it, I'm in the shadow about it.

Thank you

Domo arigato

Once again sorry, if someone can explain on it. I've appreciate it alot
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:53   Link #651
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Hmm well regarding the existence of Slider-tan; she would most definitely exist in A and also in B. Before raging at me, let me explain;

A and B do not necessarily be limited to simply being different timeline, they could be dimension too. Something which I believe is highly possible. The theory of alternate dimensions would simply be that

“As long as there are infinite dimensions, there is infinite possibility.”

Meaning that anything that did not happen here, could easily happen in another timeline. For example we could have an alternate Haruhi who never became a god, and nothing of this could have ever happen. Or we could have an alternate reality where Kyon has the powers. Anything can technically happen.

“If there is infinite possibility, there are no constants.”

If we are to talk about alternate dimensions we cannot regard anything as a constant. There can be an alternate dimension where the earth is bright pink and has seas full of cotton candy. Or a dimension with no earth at all. Divergent timelines however have constants and those constants are simply the presence of things in this dimension. Timelines are alternate dimensions of a single dimension.

But now we have to decide on whether or not A and B are different dimensions or timelines. If Slider-Tan IS a slider, divergent timelines would be irrelevant as each timeline would definitely have a Slider-Tan prancing about. But we cannot say that they are not alternate timelines, even though Kyon does not mention seeing her, does not mean she wasn’t there; Kyon just didn’t know who she was.

Really it all depends on how you see it, remember “The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!” and that in the world of Haruhi, anything can happen.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 21:18   Link #652
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
...If Slider-Tan IS a slider, divergent timelines would be irrelevant as each timeline would definitely have a Slider-Tan prancing about. ...
Good observation, however the trick is pinpointing which dimension's Slider-Tan is the slider and which one is "normal." (if she has a counterpart in the other dimension)

And the other big question: Is Slider-Tan a native of A or B, or did she come from somewhere else?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:08   Link #653
kniteowl

I have a curious questions about sliders. (This is all Speculation)

Assuming Haruhi is God and she created the Sliders.

Does that mean her powers go beyond her own universe to all the other infinite number of alternate dimensions, or does it only occur within a branch of dimensions where Haruhi became a God?

Does that also mean the sliders are only able to travel between dimensions where Haruhi became God and somehow Haruhi Cut them off from other dimensions.

OR

is it because since Haruhi never became God in those Dimensions therefore Slider don't technically exist therefore and they can't travel there.

Sounds like a similar Problem the Time Travelers are having...

Hm... That's all I got... I forgot something I was suppose to post... ah well when it comes back I'll post it lol.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:38   Link #654
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I have a curious questions about sliders. (This is all Speculation)

Assuming Haruhi is God and she created the Sliders.

Does that mean her powers go beyond her own universe to all the other infinite number of alternate dimensions, or does it only occur within a branch of dimensions where Haruhi became a God?

Does that also mean the sliders are only able to travel between dimensions where Haruhi became God and somehow Haruhi Cut them off from other dimensions.

OR

is it because since Haruhi never became God in those Dimensions therefore Slider don't technically exist therefore and they can't travel there.

Sounds like a similar Problem the Time Travelers are having...

Hm... That's all I got... I forgot something I was suppose to post... ah well when it comes back I'll post it lol.
My theory is that, (similar to the time travelers), the Haruhiverse is the only universe that the sliders are unable to travel into. As a result of the recent weakening of her powers, the barrier has "fluctuated", allowing travel inside. They sent Slider-tan in to investigate why the Haruhiverse was sealed until now.

That's just my theory, though.
Old 2007-12-30, 22:56   Link #655
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ok something has been bothering me about this whole Sasaki plot. She is supposedly the reserved and calm being, unlike Haruhi, who according to our counterpart Esper is very stable. So if she is this being, how come there are time travelers, espers, and aliens in existance. I don't think she would've wished for this... It just leads me to believe that this whole situation is created by Haruhi, or rather in speculation if you are a Kyonist, Kyon.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:13   Link #656
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Ok something has been bothering me about this whole Sasaki plot. She is supposedly the reserved and calm being, unlike Haruhi, who according to our counterpart Esper is very stable. So if she is this being, how come there are time travelers, espers, and aliens in existance. I don't think she would've wished for this... It just leads me to believe that this whole situation is created by Haruhi, or rather in speculation if you are a Kyonist, Kyon.
What I love about this series in general is that it is, in fact, a very subtle and very well-disguised mindscrew.

It's entirely impossible to tell whether every single scenario is created by Haruhi or not... it all comes down to the problem of free-will and choice... do these aliens, time travelers, and espers do things because they want to, or because Haruhi wants them to?
Old 2007-12-30, 23:27   Link #657
RR642

Haruhists are gonna hang me for this but theres also the theory that Haruhi isn't 'God' at all, and neither are any of the other members of the cast (sorry Kyonists). Of course everyone's definition of a God differs, for example Haruhi may not be God in the sense that she didn't actually create the universe (or any 'alternate universes) but IS godlike in that she has seemingly limitless control.

It's hard to say really, and I know one of the more popular theories amongst fans is that Haruhi is (by their own definitions) God, but I think its important to point out that in the series the theory that Haruhi is God is mostly one shared by members of the Organization (and even then I believe their is still debate amongst some on that). The time travelers and aliens do seem to agree that Haruhi is the centre of all the events, but haven't really committed to the idea that she is God yet, at least not openly. It could just be that sliders have been here all along, but they simply haven't shown themselves until now, or perhaps Haurhi is indeed God and the Sliders have just recently been created or 'awakened' (who knows why though at this point in time and not at the same time as espers, aliens and time travelers), or maybe both theories are wrong and its just something else all together ;P

Spoiler for Vol. 9:

IF only Koizumi were here, he'd be able to write a 10 page essay on this exploring all the theories for us :P
Old 2007-12-30, 23:38   Link #658
kniteowl

oh yea I finally remembered what I've forgotten, Can Yuki contact her Alternate Dimension Self through synchronization?

Like she did with her past/future self?

Well we don't know yet... maybe she attempted to in beta but was blocked by Kuyou... (amybe)
Old 2007-12-30, 23:57   Link #659
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Remember that she removed that ability from herself as a self-restraint after the events of The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:01   Link #660
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Remember that she removed that ability from herself as a self-restraint after the events of The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Yes I do But I'd Figure it was only between her future or past self... Did she also mean her alternate dimension self???

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga