Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-11-23, 21:46   Link #421
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
First: Kudelia is naïve but her end goal to liberate Mars by (first) going into meeting and negotiation with Arbrau’s ruler was never wrong. So that doesn’t need to change.

Second: Kudelia is naïve and she knows that fact herself and wants to learn more (see episode 1). That’s why she hired CGS 3rd Group (now Tekkadan) in the first place: to learn more about the reality of the orphans’ lives and use that knowledge for the upcoming hearing/negotiation of Mars independence. Right now, she’s still in the stage where she still need to learn and absorb all the bitter facts about the people whose lives she’s trying to make better. The more she learns about the harsh reality, the wiser she becomes about it.

Third: Kudelia’s forte is in diplomatic matters as the show itself has stressed (see episode 3 & 6). Right now, she’s still on the way to the diplomatic meeting place. Her status right now is a client who hired our protagonist group to be protected on her way to the meeting place. So, she can’t do much due to the situation she’s in, not because she’s a useless character. Heck, she goes out of her way to help with daily chores and even teaching the illiterate kids how to read and write. She is a source of knowledge and she is sharing that knowledge to those who need it. She did way more than enough good things for Tekkadan boys considering her mere client status.

So let us all wait until the actual hearing takes place before we deem her a useless character. So far, she’s not.
1. This was acknowledge by describing her basic story

2. See 1

3. I said initiative and disposition. She remains the same meek person despite Tekkadan having a few battles to its name, and being commanding only when the plot calls for it will be jarring unless she starts developing

4. 'Useless' is the catch-all insult for the character who's real problem is a lack of or choppy development
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 22:24   Link #422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
1. This was acknowledge by describing her basic story

2. See 1

3. I said initiative and disposition. She remains the same meek person despite Tekkadan having a few battles to its name, and being commanding only when the plot calls for it will be jarring unless she starts developing

4. 'Useless' is the catch-all insult for the character who's real problem is a lack of or choppy development
  • What was acknowledged? I’m not clear about that point. That she is naïve before her encounters with Tekkadan (but still wants to learn)? That she is a princess who fights (in her own way) for Mars independence? If so, none of that is bad for her character.
  • What to see?
  • She’s already developing, but developing doesn’t mean she has to change her gentle personality and gradually become like Motoko Kusanagi and ordering people around. She’s developing in her approach. We can see how she now becoming a more approachable person for the rest of the Tekkadan boys compared to herself in episode 1-3. Don’t forget, her decision is the one that saved Tekkadan from financial crisis to the point that Mika (who always chewed her out in episode 1-3, intentionally or not) bowed to her in gratitude for saving them. As for combat and space-shipping route, she trusts those decisions to Tekkadan coz they're the ones who knows more about it (that's why she hired them in the first place), doesn't mean she is meek/obedient by nature. In fact, the fact that she wants to go to Earth to fight (diplomatically) for her people despite knowing full well about the grave danger that awaits her and disobeying her (wuss) dad to the point that he wants his own daughter dead is prove enough that she's strong-willed and not meek/tame/obedient. If she was meek and obedient, she would've stayed at home living a fun princess life and do none of what she's doing now. And don’t forget, we’re still 8 episodes in in a 25-episode series. And given the situation at hand, it’s still not Kudelia’s time to shine yet.
  • I’d say she’s developing slowly but surely. But YMMV.
  • Additional point: There’s still a mystery remains regarding her character. Her deal with Nobliss Gordon and the latest reveal that she being a “property” that she herself doesn’t know about it.
Old 2015-11-23, 22:33   Link #423
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Wait, which company?
I don't know. That's why I said I'm not sure. Maybe Daisuki? Is that a US company?
Old 2015-11-23, 23:16   Link #424
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
I don't know. That's why I said I'm not sure. Maybe Daisuki? Is that a US company?
Yup, it is Daisuki holding IBO rights in US. GundamInfo Youtube also post this message:

If the video is not available in your area, Please go to the below link!
http://www.daisuki.net/gundamseries/

or

Better link: http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/...BLOODEDORPHANS
Old 2015-11-23, 23:44   Link #425
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
  • What was acknowledged? I’m not clear about that point. That she is naïve before her encounters with Tekkadan (but still wants to learn)? That she is a princess who fights (in her own way) for Mars independence? If so, none of that is bad for her character.
  • What to see?
  • She’s already developing, but developing doesn’t mean she has to change her gentle personality and gradually become like Motoko Kusanagi and ordering people around. She’s developing in her approach. We can see how she now becoming a more approachable person for the rest of the Tekkadan boys compared to herself in episode 1-3. Don’t forget, her decision is the one that saved Tekkadan from financial crisis to the point that Mika (who always chewed her out in episode 1-3, intentionally or not) bowed to her in gratitude for saving them. As for combat and space-shipping route, she trusts those decisions to Tekkadan coz they're the ones who knows more about it (that's why she hired them in the first place), doesn't mean she is meek/obedient by nature. In fact, the fact that she wants to go to Earth to fight (diplomatically) for her people despite knowing full well about the grave danger that awaits her and disobeying her (wuss) dad to the point that he wants his own daughter dead is prove enough that she's strong-willed and not meek/tame/obedient. If she was meek and obedient, she would've stayed at home living a fun princess life and do none of what she's doing now. And don’t forget, we’re still 8 episodes in in a 25-episode series. And given the situation at hand, it’s still not Kudelia’s time to shine yet.
  • I’d say she’s developing slowly but surely. But YMMV.
  • Additional point: There’s still a mystery remains regarding her character. Her deal with Nobliss Gordon and the latest reveal that she being a “property” that she herself doesn’t know about it.
Describing the basic premise of her story takes into account the reason for her naivety and journey. She doesn't need to be Motoko Kusanagi, but while she has informed courage for siding with Tekkadan against her father, she has barely any empathetic courage--a lack of visual and vocal tells--to reflect any change; teaching others to read and doing chores reinforces what's already there and not this experience changing her disposition. The current juncture being 8/25 episodes is no excuse for her to be this static when Yona (of the Dawn) was already developing by episode 5. For the sheltered princess learns about the real world plotline, feeling like the same character after three major battles is a severe blow to her. She doesn't need to be very good, but the deficiency is especially egregious when other characters and her role in the story can't cover for it
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-11-24, 00:00   Link #426
Kurohane

Quote:
Describing the basic premise of her story takes into account the reason for her naivety and journey. She doesn't need to be Motoko Kusanagi, but while she has informed courage for siding with Tekkadan against her father, she has barely any empathetic courage--a lack of visual and vocal tells--to reflect any change; teaching others to read and doing chores reinforces what's already there and not this experience changing her disposition. The current juncture being 8/25 episodes is no excuse for her to be this static when Yona (of the Dawn) was already developing by episode 5. For the sheltered princess learns about the real world plotline, feeling like the same character after three major battles is a severe blow to her. She doesn't need to be very good, but the deficiency is especially egregious when other characters and her role in the story can't cover for it
You can't compare Kudelia to Yona, who basically lost everything in a single night and thus, had no choice, but to grow tough. The differences are too great between the characters. What is it that you're unsatisfied with? She doesn't pilot? That's not her job. She doesn't lead? She's a client of the boys. She can't be too integrated with Tekkadan to the point she becomes a critical member, because it would only hurt their capabilities when she eventually has to separate from them.

There's no explicit change, because her ideals and main goal hasn't change. Everything that happened, it was well within the possible risk she knew could happen. Before she had informed knowledge, now she's up close and personal, which was her one of her goals in the first place, to actual experience what some of these orphans go through. If there was one change, she's gotten used to battles. During the first battle with the attack on the base, she was shaking and panicking a bit as one not used to it would, but now, she's calm.
Old 2015-11-24, 01:19   Link #427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Yup, it is Daisuki holding IBO rights in US. GundamInfo Youtube also post this message:

If the video is not available in your area, Please go to the below link!
http://www.daisuki.net/gundamseries/

or

Better link: http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/...BLOODEDORPHANS
Thanks for the confirmation, solidvanz .

There you have it, US-folks. If you wanna blame someone, blame Daisuki .
Old 2015-11-24, 05:01   Link #428
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Kurohane above already said what I wanted to say. Plus, Yona is a princess like Kudelia but she’s also the MC in a series that moves forward with her action. Kudelia, on the other hand, is not the MC of IBO. She’s just a supporting character. IBO is Mika & Orga’s show so the series moves forward with their actions, not Kudelia’s. Her time is limited like any other supporting characters. So the reason above plus the reason pointed by Kurohane made comparing Kudelia & Yona not fair.
Old 2015-11-24, 08:46   Link #429
Arya

I don't rembember Yona's development being particularly noteworthy honestly, considering her MC status and circumstances. But yeah, as said they are not comparable.
Quote:
Third: Kudelia’s forte is in diplomatic matters as the show itself has stressed (see episode 3 & 6).

So let us all wait until the actual hearing takes place before we deem her a useless character. So far, she’s not.
Is it? because I honestly can't say that.

I think that the show and Okada are trying to make a point about her "uselessness". As I said there, she is in a very similar position to Asseylum since so far she had barely no possibilities to do something (but the time seems to be arrived).

In a way I think her personal growth is working by negation. In the sense that she is trying to fit into different shoes that clearly are not fulfilling her, but still being important, completing her as a person. If this is actually the approach, clearly it's the longest and also more more subtle.

In a way she reminds me of Chisaki. Probably that's the reason I'm indulgent toward her.

If this is the path Okada has in mind for her I'm fine (bar a specific aspect I won't rise here, even if being the more akin to Okada's ).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 10:19   Link #430
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Is it? because I honestly can't say that.
This is the very reason I said to wait until she's doing her thing on Earth to judge whether she is useless with it or not (I mean, episode 6 clearly showed us that she had a relatively good grasp on world & space politics). After all, she's famous due to her speech in the previous assembly (the very reason why Coral & Gjallarhorn is gunning for her), so she at least knows how to talk and express her opinion well in public. Right now, she's out of her element (combat and backdoor space-routes are definitely not her thing) so we can't really expect much from her like we can't expect a mere cook to kick terrorists' asses with AK-47 & M-16 (unless the said cook is Steven Seagal ). As long as Kudelia's still in space chased by militarized parties that have interest in capturing her by force and exploited her, she can only depends on Tekkadan (which is the reason she hired them in the first place).
Old 2015-11-24, 14:01   Link #431
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
You can't compare Kudelia to Yona, who basically lost everything in a single night and thus, had no choice, but to grow tough. The differences are too great between the characters. What is it that you're unsatisfied with? She doesn't pilot? That's not her job. She doesn't lead? She's a client of the boys. She can't be too integrated with Tekkadan to the point she becomes a critical member, because it would only hurt their capabilities when she eventually has to separate from them.

There's no explicit change, because her ideals and main goal hasn't change. Everything that happened, it was well within the possible risk she knew could happen. Before she had informed knowledge, now she's up close and personal, which was her one of her goals in the first place, to actual experience what some of these orphans go through. If there was one change, she's gotten used to battles. During the first battle with the attack on the base, she was shaking and panicking a bit as one not used to it would, but now, she's calm.
Quote:
Kurohane above already said what I wanted to say. Plus, Yona is a princess like Kudelia but she’s also the MC in a series that moves forward with her action. Kudelia, on the other hand, is not the MC of IBO. She’s just a supporting character. IBO is Mika & Orga’s show so the series moves forward with their actions, not Kudelia’s. Her time is limited like any other supporting characters. So the reason above plus the reason pointed by Kurohane made comparing Kudelia & Yona not fair.
Clarifying and rectifying. Yona isn't a direct comparison but a gauge that considers Kudelia's role in the story. The latter doesn't need a combat role, but a disposition change. Comparatively, Asseylum from Aldnoah.Zero has shown the events affecting her more in 8 episodes than Kudelia has in the same episode count. Additionally, Asseylum doesn't have much but hides it well with a lack of screentime, Kudelia lacks the weight to match having more screentime
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-11-24, 14:43   Link #432
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Clarifying and rectifying. Yona isn't a direct comparison but a gauge that considers Kudelia's role in the story. The latter doesn't need a combat role, but a disposition change. Comparatively, Asseylum from Aldnoah.Zero has shown the events affecting her more in 8 episodes than Kudelia has in the same episode count. Additionally, Asseylum doesn't have much but hides it well with a lack of screentime, Kudelia lacks the weight to match having more screentime
I don’t know why you’re so hung up on this “dispositional change”-thing. Honestly, I like the slow-but-sure development of Kudelia’s character we have now because it doesn’t feel forced and came out more naturally like a real person does. Also, the so-called “dispositional change” will be meaningless if she will only end up as “useless” as Asseylum. Asseylum herself is already became an example of "how not to do a princess character" among the fans of Aldnoah (let alone non-fans). I hope Kudelia won’t go that way, regardless of “dispositional change”.
Old 2015-11-24, 16:15   Link #433
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You sure like it fast, aren't you? I prefer my show to make sense instead, though.
Old 2015-11-24, 18:26   Link #434
Irenesharda

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation, solidvanz .

There you have it, US-folks. If you wanna blame someone, blame Daisuki .
I'm actually a little confused, I've seen Funimation now showing IBO and advertising it streaming on their channel, so now there's three place you can watch IBO. Also, I think Funimation has distribution rights.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 18:28   Link #435
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
I don’t know why you’re so hung up on this “dispositional change”-thing. Honestly, I like the slow-but-sure development of Kudelia’s character we have now because it doesn’t feel forced and came out more naturally like a real person does. Also, the so-called “dispositional change” will be meaningless if she will only end up as “useless” as Asseylum. Asseylum herself is already became an example of "how not to do a princess character" among the fans of Aldnoah (let alone non-fans). I hope Kudelia won’t go that way, regardless of “dispositional change”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You sure like it fast, aren't you? I prefer my show to make sense instead, though.
Expecting a character's behavior to change and reflect the events around them in a war-like conflict isn't unreasonable, and 'useless' wasn't discussed in my last post. Any pacing can work if at least most scenes count for something. And FYI, my misgivings with Aldnoah.Zero are rooted in the Terran side being kind of nothing. But that's a subject I'm not revisiting
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-11-24, 18:45   Link #436
Kurohane

Quote:
Expecting a character's behavior to change and reflect the events around them in a war-like conflict isn't unreasonable, and 'useless' wasn't discussed in my last post. Any pacing can work if at least most scenes count for something. And FYI, my misgivings with Aldnoah.Zero are rooted in the Terran side being kind of nothing. But that's a subject I'm not revisiting
She's already gone through some changes. She's more calm during the battles than she was when the attack at CGS happened. She no longer makes any careless remarks that Mika would chew her out for. We've had a good amount of introspection from her POV about what she thinks about herself and how she can be of benefit to these orphans. What are you looking for her to do exactly? How is she supposed to act?
Old 2015-11-24, 19:59   Link #437
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm actually a little confused, I've seen Funimation now showing IBO and advertising it streaming on their channel, so now there's three place you can watch IBO. Also, I think Funimation has distribution rights.
Oh darn, now it's confusing again. Is it possible for two different companies to hold the rights? And, I don't know if it's related or not, but from what I heard from anime-reactioners on Youtube, Daisuki was pretty lenient about using videos from their stream to be displayed as objects to react to (they even allowed them to play the audio too, so they pretty much allowed their shows to be viewed on YT).
Old 2015-11-24, 21:57   Link #438
Irenesharda

Quote:
Oh darn, now it's confusing again. Is it possible for two different companies to hold the rights? And, I don't know if it's related or not, but from what I heard from anime-reactioners on Youtube, Daisuki was pretty lenient about using videos from their stream to be displayed as objects to react to (they even allowed them to play the audio too, so they pretty much allowed their shows to be viewed on YT).
It looks like Funimation is like Crunchyroll in that they are one episode behind. So Daisuki is probably still the way to go.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 23:10   Link #439
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I guess it's the difference between rights and exclusive rights. In this case, Daisuke seems to have a one week timed exclusive rights over Funimation.
Old 2015-11-25, 08:36   Link #440
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

ever wondered what happens if Orga received a Gundam? though he might suck at piloting it when he got it for the first time despite the Alaya- vijana system equipped cockpit or its a tandem style with Eugene controlling the Gundam while him providing technical support such as the computers & weapons layout like their Mobile Worker roles, unless the function of the Gundam is unique that it acts like a smaller mobile tactical command center with him doing only support such as providing long distance attacks & reconnaissance but barely gets into close quarters combat situations which is covered by Mika & bros,

something similar to how the unused original concept of the O Gundam from 00 where its a mobile super computer (proto Veda) that gives commands to its front line sister units & being piloted by a tactician who is a proto Sumeragi character (except they said being a guy instead of the lady captain that we know today).
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote