AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 19 46.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 7.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 05:30   Link #81
Yan3242

i think they just try to save every budget they can for the big scene later, they still have quite a lot to cover afterall and caster moment isnt exactly the big selling point for this franchise.

you cant expect them to cover every detail, its 30 minutes show (including OP and ED), ufotable keep giving us high quality show every episode iam surprised their budget still hold until now
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:24   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Archer vs Lancer was slightly disappointing because I expected it to be longer, but it was still infinitely better than the DEEN version. Gae Bolg vs Rho Aias was perfect. It seems like this adaptation has finally made people realize just how strong Lancer truly is. A shame this is his first and last true fight.

Rin kung-fuing Caster was a great moment. One of my favorite in UBW. Rin is seriously an amazing magus. Unlike her father, she adapted to the times.
Old 2015-05-03, 09:30   Link #83
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
i think they just try to save every budget they can for the big scene later, they still have quite a lot to cover afterall and caster moment isnt exactly the big selling point for this franchise.

you cant expect them to cover every detail, its 30 minutes show (including OP and ED), ufotable keep giving us high quality show every episode iam surprised their budget still hold until now
I'm also starting to think that the difference in mediums is also to blame. Something that seems slow and long in a written medium, might be fast and shot in a showing medium.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 09:42   Link #84
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Animated format is always faster than textual. A sentence you rad for 5 seconds will be just one of things shown in 1 second in animated format.

And that's just events. Monologues are usually unwelcome in Animated format while a several paragraphs description of how something looks, moves, etc. will be shown in one second on Animated format.
Old 2015-05-03, 09:52   Link #85
Jaden

The fight between Archer and Lancer was good, but the episode lacked impact after that. The deaths of Kuzuki and Caster were rather peaceful. And Archer seems so chill even after dropping his pretense and dropping tons of sword on everybody. In the VN he seemed more wicked and hateful...
Old 2015-05-03, 10:23   Link #86
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
True, But I don't think Archer should be hateful in this exact moment. He is good at containing his true emotions so I think it is more fitting that he remains calm here and only explodes when his emotions take a better of him (aka during ideological arguments with Shirou).
Old 2015-05-03, 11:02   Link #87
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Rin's final killer punch on Caster was the same technique that Kirei used to flatten Kiritsugu. Now I'm very worried about domestic violence for Shirou's case.
Well since Avalon is still in Shirou I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 11:34   Link #88
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moekou View Post
Actually, this episode produced new theories since Archer directly referenced the Trojan War twice in two very different circumstances. I've seen people speculating he's either Ulysses or Ajax.
Twice? What was the one that wasn't the trojan horse? Rho Aius?
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 11:35   Link #89
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Twice? What was the one that wasn't the trojan horse? Rho Aius?
Remarking on how Gae Bolg defeated Rho Aias, saying that it was able to punch through the shield that withstood the mighty throws of the Trojan War's hero.
Old 2015-05-03, 12:34   Link #90
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think I missed something because Archer healed himself in less than 10 minutes?
Old 2015-05-03, 12:42   Link #91
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody else felt watching Rin perform martial arts you imagine her brawls with Luvia?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:50   Link #92
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I think I missed something because Archer healed himself in less than 10 minutes?
Unless the attack nails their spiritual core or has some lasting effect (like F/z!Lancer's Gae Buidhe), wounds typically don't mean much to a Servant.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:18   Link #93
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unless the attack nails their spiritual core or has some lasting effect (like F/z!Lancer's Gae Buidhe), wounds typically don't mean much to a Servant.
Ah now I see. Thanks
Old 2015-05-03, 15:21   Link #94
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yes and no: Wounds do weaken a servant and have a prana cost to heal. Probably it takes a few mins to heal since we dont see servants regening in combat(even Dark Saber takes a while to heal grave wounds). Not a serious issue with a decent master but can be a problem if masterless or with a suckmaster (aka Shirou)
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 20:21   Link #95
The Green One

For as long as Caster was still alive, Archer still had a power source, so healing himself shouldn't of been too much trouble after Lancer left especially since Archer had no reason to care how much prana he was leeching off Caster.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:40   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Design-wise, I've actually never been able to take Lancer's blue-tights costume seriously. He looks like some kind of silly superhero.
Now if his clothes were more like this, then...
Spoiler for Fate Prototype Lancer:
To be fair, it's not like Type-Moon could get away with putting Lancer in what that blue bodysuit's actually meant to represent.

Well, they could, I suppose. They'd have to get very creative with the camera angles though...
Old 2015-05-04, 03:04   Link #97
Krudelu
???

My thoughts about the episode:

To be honest, I didn't expect for that Gae Bolg throw to have that destructive range. I still think its still big but not as big as depicted in the anime (prolly my imagination sucks when I was reading the VN). Also regarding the length on the Archer vs Lancer fight, I didnt expected to be long so I guess I'm alright with it I think (at least for me, it didn't feel long as well when I was reading the VN).
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 06:05   Link #98
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
For as long as Caster was still alive, Archer still had a power source, so healing himself shouldn't of been too much trouble after Lancer left especially since Archer had no reason to care how much prana he was leeching off Caster.
Archer used most of his prana reserves on that fight and kills Caster shortly afterwards so its a safe asumption he didnt have enough time to recover fully
Old 2015-05-04, 09:56   Link #99
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Archer used most of his prana reserves on that fight and kills Caster shortly afterwards so its a safe asumption he didnt have enough time to recover fully
can't he just get some mana in between ending the fight with lancer and going inside to kill Caster?
Old 2015-05-04, 10:31   Link #100
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
can't he just get some mana in between ending the fight with lancer and going inside to kill Caster?

He can get some but between Caster being stingy on giving prana to others moreso when fighting herself and the short time to recover id say that at most Archer is at 50-75% power which is not a real problem forcing Caster to defend Kuzuki ala Gil did to Berserker and later facing an exhausted Shirou and a Saber that has as much prana left as a lighter

Last edited by Geburah; 2015-05-04 at 10:42.