AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 17:38   Link #121
Renyulb28
Helpful Bystander

yeah i was wondering the same thing while i was watching it, i thought it was just wrong subbing
Renyulb28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 18:44   Link #122
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

I always just assumed it was a little running gag thing. A bit of continuity "WTF?" they put in for laughs in place of idle chatting.

Seemed fairly silly but funny too.
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 19:43   Link #123
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Three holes? Maybe you mean three tries at Todai.
Old 2006-02-03, 20:31   Link #124
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I have to admit, that sounds much more likely.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 22:35   Link #125
Advent7

*********** Slight Spoiler*************

How does Kaolla's brother know, when he visits, in episode 17(I bleieve)? When he's talking to Haruka he says that line and of course he's not talking about Todai because he's from a different country.

Advent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 20:45   Link #126
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Latin American Cartoon Network announced they will be broadcasting Love Hina weekdays at the start of April, at least it is confirmed for México.

Looks strange for me that LA CN wants to air Love Hina, when it is more suitable to be transmitted in Animax.

But I do have doubts about whether or not I want to watch the anime.

You see that two years ago, I purchased and read all of the manga, which is licensed in México by Editorial Vid (only manga licensing company in México).

And I read that the anime substantially drops out the later arcs that are featured in the manga.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 21:06   Link #127
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

The anime basically dies out in Volume 11 when Kanako shows up.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 20:49   Link #128
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Sorry to dig up a dead thread, but the Love Hina novel just came out.
Anyone pick it up yet? and any thoughts?
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...productid=3815
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 21:54   Link #129
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I read it. It was interesting. More interesting was the discussion I had with the Tokyopop editor in charge of novels:
Tokyopop forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Which leads to my next question, is there a possibility that you might be bringing novels not based on Tokyopop manga properties to the US? I'm thinking specifically of the Full Metal Panic series, Suzumiya Haruhi, or (possibly) Kage Kara Mamoru. I know that you can't comment about specific series, I was just interested to know if there's some interest in doing it, or if you're restricting it to only properties where you also have the manga license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Moon
Yes, absolutely. These things take a lot more time than you might think, especially when contacting licensors who don't have a previous relationship with us, but yes, we are casting a wide net.
Apparently they are actually looking at bringing a lot more novels if these initial offerings (there are other ones besides the Love Hina ones) are succesful.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:18   Link #130
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I read it. It was interesting. More interesting was the discussion I had with the Tokyopop editor in charge of novels:
Tokyopop forumApparently they are actually looking at bringing a lot more novels if these initial offerings (there are other ones besides the Love Hina ones) are succesful.
Cool. That's neat you got to talk to them. Guess Seinin (or w/e you call em) novels are in this year. Cooliez. I'm gonna pick up a copy tomorrow after my exams, then.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 15:34   Link #131
Teioh

A question for you all: in episode 18 (matsuri) all the characters sing the opening theme.

Exist a track with this special perform or not? Can one of u please extract from the video and make it?

Thanks a lot.
Teioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 17:54   Link #132
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Thinking.

Spoiler:

I think K. Akamatsu did move on to other things, maybe years later he'll revisit this.
Old 2006-12-26, 18:02   Link #133
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Thinking.

Spoiler:

I think K. Akamatsu did move on to other things, maybe years later he'll revisit this.
Yes you should read the Manga.

I wonder if they EVER animate this, will they go with the Manga Ending or the Drama CD ending? Both are good but they have subtle differences.

Old 2006-12-27, 04:38   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I still enjoy rereading specific volumes of the manga. It would be kind of neat to see a remake but they'd have to commit to a decent number of eps and hone the story down to the events relevant to the basic quad+1 (Naru, Motoko, Shinobu, Mutsumi & Keitaro) and dump the derails and side stories.
Highly unlikely.... (idiotically imagines KyoAni taking the project on.... )
Old 2006-12-27, 18:41   Link #135
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I still enjoy rereading specific volumes of the manga. It would be kind of neat to see a remake but they'd have to commit to a decent number of eps and hone the story down to the events relevant to the basic quad+1 (Naru, Motoko, Shinobu, Mutsumi & Keitaro) and dump the derails and side stories.
Highly unlikely.... (idiotically imagines KyoAni taking the project on.... )
Sorry Vexx but KyoAni should NOT take this project on.

One of the most annoying things about KyoAni is that if you take the hair off the girls you get the same girl. Gonzo's Melissa, Tessa, and Kaname all had a different look. KyoAni's MTandK all have the same basic head style. I noticed that in Haruhi and in Kanon. When Natsumi bumps into Mai I could clearly see the 'same face' look on both of them. It just irks me. Motoko, Sue, and Shinobu do not have facial structure.

Now I DON'T want this to go to Xebec if it ever gets a green light, but if between KyoAni and Xebec, I would have to bite my tongue and say Xebec. Of course the ones I really want to get this is JC Staff.

Old 2006-12-28, 01:13   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds good to me because you have a point. Most KyoAni characters have extremely similar facial structures (for that matter, many artists fall into that rut). Yeah, JC Staff would be good... it'll be a long time before I feel comfortable with Xebec though after the first Negima.
Old 2006-12-28, 09:25   Link #137
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Thinking.

Spoiler:

Yes the manga is far better and goes into more storylines and such. (Though in my opinion it's best to read after watching the anime). Of course there's more pointless fanservice at inappropriate times, but that's just my personal dislike.

A remake would be great, especially if it focused on story and characters rather then fanservice. You know I always thought the Love Hina story got less credit then it deserved. I mean it wasn't a masterpiece but it had likeable characters and an addictive storyline.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 11:31   Link #138
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Yes the manga is far better and goes into more storylines and such. (Though in my opinion it's best to read after watching the anime). Of course there's more pointless fanservice at inappropriate times, but that's just my personal dislike.

A remake would be great, especially if it focused on story and characters rather then fanservice. You know I always thought the Love Hina story got less credit then it deserved. I mean it wasn't a masterpiece but it had likeable characters and an addictive storyline.
Yup, I agree...manga is far more superior than the anime itself bec. of the story...
I'm hoping for a remake also just like Negima!?
Old 2006-12-28, 14:06   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, I'm going to say "not just like Negima!?" (though I'm enjoying that series) because Negima!? is more like a big pile of random omake than a telling of the basic manga story. I'm kind of bipolar about Negima!? ... enjoying it a lot but disappointed at the lack of character development and the fragmentary story aspects.

If they took the core story of Love Hina and took out the repeated slapstick violence of punching out Keitaro (3 or 4 times great, every single episode multiple times - dumb), it might be pretty entertaining. .... I don't actually recall a lot of fan service in it --- but then I've been jaded by the manga Negima and shows like Magikano since then

I guess I should go reread the thing over New Years for a flashback refresh.
Old 2007-10-23, 13:26   Link #140
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Old thread, but it had to be resurfaced after I was done reading it. First of all, plot? What plot? All it was....was the same scene over and over again. Naru getting pisssed at Keitaro, him getting bitch slapped, and loved by an unrealistic amount of women: aka every woman on the whole entire show almost. For nine ninety nine a book you can have the same "plot" repeated for ever! In general though, Ken Akamatsu's work doesn't suit my tastes. Especially not Negima either. Reasons for that, well let's just say those are confidential. XD

I thought this was very lulzy, fyi:

Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen