AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-11, 20:02   Link #18441
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Oh no you don't, that's already fixed into place. I'm shipping Sophiayate incest-yuri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

That kinda makes me want to do something like this...
Spoiler for Koji going GAR:

*runs at hyperspeed*
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Aaah, Hamaji, isn't it ... i see her gender is being discussed here To answer that question (provided it is needed)
Spoiler for regarding Hamaji:

Skyfall! When can we expect you to join officially? Where's your OC?!

The power of OC compels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
A random song for all...

I like this song. Thanks!

Quote:
If I read Nanohawiki correctly, what Rein Eins did was that she created a back-up copy of all that she had and placed it in Hayate before she returned to the Force. In Twilight's Wind, what happens is that I wrote it in a way that what Rein left behind was not only the massive amount of data accumalated throughout her life. She left the Tome's Core, its "soul/heart" so to say, to Hayate, the very thing she was created to watch over in the very first place. Throughout the events of Twilight's Wind (covering the missing 10 years before StrikerS), Hayate rebuilt the Tome from scratch with this Soul Core as the basis and with the knowledge inherited from Rein to help her, creating the Yggdrasil System (see below) as the Tome's new OS. By StrikerS she should have completed the rebuilding and would now be looking into new ways to further improve the Tome (and indirectly her own) performance (since the two are one).
Ah. That is indeed workable. Though I think that only the 'data' was left behind and not the primary OS. But that shouldn't be a problem since your story is stand-alone.

Quote:
Spoiler for Administrative System Yggdrasil:

(I'm seriously considering doing away with the Archons, save Rein Zwei and Nemu. They seem quite excessive to me and their presence weakens Rein's role.

Ahh.... Time to get the chainsaw.)
I like the idea overall. A well-thought of system that doesn't seem influence the outside world too much. I don't think you really need to chainsaw the others since only Rein can Unison with Hayate, right? But still, your choice.

Going by your rebuilding concept, I guess we can also expect her to use the tome later by even just voice-command ala Rein1. Though I do worry about the power level this might represent. If anything, this seems to imply that she can actually be as powerful as Rein1 eventually!

Quote:
Now one could ask if Hayate has rebuilt the Tome, why isn't the Guardian Knights System reinstalled into it, and thus preventing the Knights eventual demise? One explanation would be that the old GK System is incompatiable with the Yggdrasil System. The second reason is explictly expressed in the series itself, through Vita's lips. The Knights are tired of their immortality. If they can die like humans beside Hayate, they would gladly welcome their inevitable demise. Hayate, being the loving mother she is, would surely not deprive her children of their wish.

At least that's how I see it .
Ahh. That reminded me. Rationale accepted.

Quote:
Noted. I think alternatively I can also set the Silberkugel to deal only magic-related damage, i.e. breaking magical defenses, disturbing the flow of mana in the enemy magus, disrupting the functions of the Linker Core, etc. When it hits a non-magus, the most s/he will feel will be just some discomfort. Even to a magus, all it'll do is drain him/her of much of his/her mana and render him/her in a Dispelled and Silenced situation. The real damage that the Silberkugeln does will be to mana and magic-links. Which is why this spell will be lethal if used on magical beings like familiars and constructs like the Wolkenritter. If you dissolve the magic links that binds their existence together, that's it for them (I think).
That does indeed sound better. But I still think that the breaking down should be gradual or at least not instantaneously.

Quote:
Btw, in case anyone is interested, the super-simplified version Twilight's Wind definition of Linker Cores, mana, and magic circuits:

Spoiler for Twilight's Wind Simplified Terminology #1:
No problem there. That's pretty much how Kha uses the theory.

Quote:
The upcoming Logru spell pattern technique will help solve this problem. Basically what this do is that the magus/witch "engraves" a magical tattoo onto themselves which will allow them to instant-cast any one spell (conditions apply, of course).

There's a upgraded version of the spell pattern which I currently call the "mandala". Essentially it's a very complicated composition of spell patterns that (as of now) allows the user to cast spells of any one class/type with minimal requirements (like casting time and mediums). Of course, while spell patterns can be engraved on most magi, the same cannot be said for mandalas. The requirements are quite steep, and only people with a very unique magical constuition can utilise them. For example, of the Aces, Nanoha can't but Fate should be able to, I think.
A VA reference to Tohsaka Rin. No objections for me. Engravement shouldn't be impossible since we already have cards (used by the Liezes) which are pretty much-one-spell charges. Your system is different but I think it's still workable considering the implied 800+ other types of systems of magic in Nanohaverse.

Quote:
Yes, this problematic evil spell. I'll need a rather emo Dark Hayate to explain why she's going to use it.
That shouldn't be impossible... Since Hayate is sometimes emo in canon as well. Though you might have to kick it up a few notches

Quote:
Mine should be fairly simple compared to yours, I think . Though with enough crack, things might improve a bit .
Mine is just a flashier power-up.

Quote:
.... That would be too haxxed, no? But I think it should be inescapable most of the time.
Well... Since it's dreamland-like...

Quote:
Of course, when a fiery spirit burns within one, things are hard to say sometimes .
Burning spirit of courage always does the trick, huh? Will Fate's Sprite Zamber work on this?

Quote:
Heh, the ranks matters too?
To me, at least.

For example, an A-rank defense can only hold up to equivalent A-rank attacks. You need a higher ranks for your defenses to hold up to more powerful ones. If you'd take a look at the several here, you'd notice that panzerschild in many OC's does up to AAA or higher defense.

Quote:
It's actually more like a reflex to incoming attacks/enemies. The idea is to give her something to hold people off with she whips out something nasty (which should be most plentiful in Twilight's Wind). The overall time needed to fire off the Tanz must be very short; otherwise it'll lose its purpose.
Noted.

Quote:
Nerf is in progress. An idea would be to make it an added-on effect , i.e. adding it to a Silberkugel to mana-drain and bind the target at the same time. Hmm, not a bad idea.
Actually, I think an ideal nerf would be it's slower progression of powering-down captured opponents. The longer you're there, the more inescapable the trap is.

Quote:
His is Infinite Hunting Hounds (無限の猟犬(ウンエントリヒ・ヤークト)(Unendlichjagd)). I think Accous uses them as scouts rather than game-hunters like the Wilde Jagd. And yeah, haxx indeed but I like it, VERY MUCH .
Heck, I think it's the best one you've shown us so I can't disagree!

Quote:
Haha, destroying the moon might not sound so absurd now, hmm?
Quite...

Quote:
Anyway, this spell is still under conception. I need to consider if increasing the output will also put a greater strain on the magus as well, and how much.
Better.

Quote:
Actually in Twilight's Wind, a number of my people will have some one as their polar opposite. I'm portraying Hayate as a Queen of Darkness (in a rather different concept that what dualistic moral beliefs would have one believe), darker and more grim than what canon (especially StrikerS) would make of her. Though how I'm going to pull this through successfully without making her too angtsy... Tis' the art, the skill (which I seem to lack terribly ).
I'll be rooting for you and your project! Go for it!

Quote:
Ouch.

But thanks! Ikuso, yarou-dono!

*Estavalian braincells roar in unison*
At least your brain cells are loyal to you...

Quote:
Tis' a duty of the Hayate Fan Squad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
While I also think Hayate being "helpless" in one-on-one is excessive, I dont think its that much unrealistic. Hayate chose to become a Commander, a leader. She chose to disregard her close combat training in favor of commanding troops to achieve her objectives, instead of achieving them herself.

And even so, she has a very impressive nuke arsenal, from support spells like Atem des Eises to one that mirrors a bombardment of tactical nukes, Hslverg (I forget the spelling).

For a mage with such powerful long range attacks, it is only natural that her weakness would be close combat. Still, saying she is absolutely "helpless" is a bit too much, I agree. However, making her particularly "good" at it is also not good, in my opinion.
Yes, of course! But what I'm complaining about is not being good in melee. It's 'suvivability' under emergencies! Thusly, I'm trying to make her more adaptable as opposed to being a one-trick-pony as StrikerS made her out to be. If you're worried about imbalances, I'm not making her 'good' in melee. Heck, she's still terrible there even after GenerationS. What I plan is just giving her proper ways of holding back melee-ers like Grandis; not fighting them head-on.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-11, 21:03   Link #18442
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
The problem with earlier incarnations of my first chapter was that I kept trying to shoehorn in canon characters and some variety of action, instead of talk talk talk.

Today, I went "screw it", and just wrote what I wanted.

About half of the first chapter here, since the second half is getting a lot longer than I expected with a lot more talking (in other words, I need time to edit it down to something more manageable). No canon characters, no canon situations, no action. You Have Been Warned.

Spoiler for Lyrical Melancholy Chapter 1 Part 1:
I wouldn't say that action is central to all stories, since character development and insights work better in explaining the cast. I'd think that most of us are interested in the little quirks of the people more than how they fare in battles and stuff like that.

And this is very good! I particularly like Rancer and Ivey's interactions, it sheds some light into their personalities . Though, Ivey going around to grope newbie's ... uhm, assets, got me very much by surprise .

I'll be following your next chapter in due time. Time is always short for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Hello all, Well, I was working over the weekend, and if I can get your approval, here is my idea, and short introduction vinaigrette , well as Will smith says, Aww here it goes

Spoiler for Weissyritter, GO:
Short and sweet, with enough introductory description of Aura, though somehow, she doesn't seem to have been the colonel's biological daughter, if I read correctly. That's just a guess, however.

In any case, a slight nitpick. It'd be better if you break the block of text into several paragraphs for easier reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ouch... but a dorama ouch, so I'm gobbling it all up. :3 Amazing what the loss of ones comrades can do to a person.
True, true.

Still, the loss of one's comrades was just the tip of the iceberg for what she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Thanks! And no, I don't mind adorable. The part with H/N/Y/V was supposed to give that effect.
It certainly did!

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I try to change as little as I can with their set attitudes while adding my own inserts as well. Though I was going at the TeslaXZafira Tesla snuggling+grooming Zafira when I wrote it. I was like, "Wait, when did this idea came to my mind?!"
A smite from the Divine Hammer of Inspiration? It's nothing short of brilliant, in any case.

Though, admittedly, I have qualms making characters go ... "girlish", if you understand what I mean. Some (Caro, even Teana) could still remain there, but for those of the likes of Hayate, Nanoha, and Fate, giggling and the sort of stuff seems a bit strange for me. I don't really mind them when they were young, but doing that when you're about 25 doesn't sound right . Of course, that's just me. Tesla is an eternal teenager, so that's fine for me.

Quote:
Glad to be of help. THough I also have high expectations for the Aurion, Nanoha and Fate interactions since I need to brush up on those.
I most likely would be needing your help in this. Some things are going to be discussed at length, and a little catching up doesn't hurt.

Quote:
These ideas are APPROVED! The key focus in my chapter's conversations is lowering the recoiling damage to Nanoha's physique with her high-power modes while giving Fate some proper shielding even when in Sonic mode.

And more possible improvements for Hayate is always welcome. IN GenerationS, the Bookmark system (not spoiling yet) and the upgrades on Schwertkreuz allows her to do better without relying on Unison with Rein to be able to fight fine by herself. Her Unison was implied to be quite a great boost in capabilities during episode 25, deshou?

I might even do an Aurion vs. Hayate training match for the new systems. But heck, it'll be one sided all the way through... Aurion can be a punishing taskmaster ala Abrams (of course, at a lower level) at times.
You and I have some similar ideas, though I more or less made the Blaster system to have been improved over the five years of development. Recoil damage has been minimized significantly, but Nanoha wanted to test her own strength by increasing the number of Blaster Bits she could control at the same time (up to 6 and 10). A tad dangerous, but she's headstrong, so that's that. Of course, she's going to suffer some backlash, no matter how stabilized the Blaster system is.

As for Fate, I was going to introduce some protective gears for her in Sonic form too. Still working on the ideas, though.

Quote:
Maybe a meeting near the end might do. Cameo?
Cameo is fine, I don't mind it.

Quote:
Leona she is.

Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
And Aaron says "just as planned."
He did, didn't he?

Quote:
Hmm...which brings the question. Its kind of a good thing since yours got delayed, but since Aaron is probably gonna write on the upgrades sooner maybe you two should share ideas. After all, GuardianS is set a few years after.
We have slightly different upgrades, I think, but it should work out fine.

Quote:
A cameo I suppose. Helping with investigations.

Quote:
So those gems aren't just for decorations then?
Zettai no!

Quote:
I suppose not. Since some of us already suspect that.
Tee-hee, I like building up the mysteries before landing the bombshell.

Quote:
And I thought you'd feel good about it.

Quote:
True, it helps you realize how precious things are. But then most people don't realize that till its gone.
Truth.

Quote:
Thursday eh? I'll see what I can do. It'll be a lot harder to arrange this time though. I'll try to get some other people to help.
Thanks a lot for this. Thesis writing is definitely fun, but it drains a lot of time and energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That certainly is interesting at least. Leona gets more interesting for me day by day.
She does have that charm, doesn't she?

Quote:
I see. Off-hand I'll say those includes my share broadly.
I can but try to fit the taste of everyone.

Quote:
To some extent. It considerably lengthens game time by 50% at least with the extra loading time.

Quote:
Tasty ones. I'm waiting to see if Leona is made of what I think she is.
Mind sharing what you think she is?

Quote:
Or what lies on the other side of the coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Yo, I'm back from my trip. I cant remember what was the last page I read, so I'll be reading backlog..backwards. I'll see what I can find to comment on, but I have no time right now to read long stuff...so that will come later.

On another note, I've been working quite hard on the reconstruction of my characters. This time I will start posting the complete profiles first, since my first attempt, in which I tried to introduce my characters through scenarios, failed quite hard. And dont expect quick profiles...these will be massive...

Anyway, glad to see you guys are still around.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Well actually no, I'm still trying to find the manga. But I loaned the anime from PF so I more or less know a few things about it.
GetBackers?

Quote:
I complaint about StrikerS to some real life friends. I think there was once me and PF were discussing about it while on an outing somewhere. I don't really know many people who like the mahou shoujo genre though, so its hard to find people around me to talk about it.
I think we're the only ones who discussed that among the ten (?) who went that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What the hell?!

That's a COAT you half-witted numbskulls !
The lady-like portrayal and the curt genuflection do seem to contradict what you just said. She just curtsied, didn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical...ha_terminology
Here is a little snippit here...

See why I was so like: "WTF!?"
Maybe "typical" was emphasised instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Will see what happens then... in any case, no Happy Birthdays for Leona then
Ah, so you noticed the date.

Uhm, this will be revealed later on.

Quote:
EDIT: I just thought of a neat encapsulation of what my goals are for the 37th CIAA:

I want anyone who reads the story to be able to feel that these characters deserve their place in the Nanoha-verse as well as the canon characters, instead of usurping the position of Main Characters. I want readers to be able to read the story as a MSLN fanfic, and not care that they are not reading about Nanoha or Fate or Subaru or any of the canon characters.

Lofty goal, I admit, but I'm trying to aim high.
Well said, my friend. It just expressed everything that we all have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R;1338561Yes, of course! But what I'm complaining about is not being good in melee. It's [I
'suvivability'[/I] under emergencies! Thusly, I'm trying to make her more adaptable as opposed to being a one-trick-pony as StrikerS made her out to be. If you're worried about imbalances, I'm not making her 'good' in melee. Heck, she's still terrible there even after GenerationS. What I plan is just giving her proper ways of holding back melee-ers like Grandis; not fighting them head-on.
Old 2008-01-11, 21:14   Link #18443
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Yes, of course! But what I'm complaining about is not being good in melee. It's 'suvivability' under emergencies! Thusly, I'm trying to make her more adaptable as opposed to being a one-trick-pony as StrikerS made her out to be. If you're worried about imbalances, I'm not making her 'good' in melee. Heck, she's still terrible there even after GenerationS. What I plan is just giving her proper ways of holding back melee-ers like Grandis; not fighting them head-on.
Franz: "Hayate, it is time that I taught you the Rifleman's Creed. You need a gun. Seriously. And a good combat knife, or two, or three..."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-11, 22:59   Link #18444
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

You forgot that also silences
Precia doesn't silence... Well except for Fate...

Quote:

Possible. Yuuno used it on Arf in S1, Amy teleported Arisa and Suzuka in S2, and Arf and Yuuno teleported the core program of Yami no Sho in S2 as well.
Well, what I want to know if there's any limitations...

...Like, could you only teleport them to locations that are 'known' ? IS there something like a fog of war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

I can even imagine Kugimiya Rie voicing her

I'll wait till the first Gosick manga chapter comes out first...

... So far, it's just a novel, so I have no idea about the characters

Quote:
A random song for all...

I like the song too.

Quote:
Well, it's not. Mandy doesn't give. If she does, start worrying.
I was referring to the song you know...

Quote:
Still not hearing an insult.
Then maybe there isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
The lady-like portrayal and the curt genuflection do seem to contradict what you just said. She just curtsied, didn't she?
Are you serious? What have this place done to you ?!

HE, just curtsied.
Old 2008-01-12, 02:23   Link #18445
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Moving on, I was on a crack high (read: Red Bull + Vault + Chocolate) and thought of this trailer for my future epic:

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha Trailer:

And yes, I do plan on using all those characters XD.
Awesome stuff here, even more by using THANATOS as the music.

Must have been high on Eva-induced crack, counting the number of heavy influences here.

Quote:
Zomg! HAIL LORD IRON BALLS!!!
Well yeah, Shinji becomes gar and a master player, Asuka gets drunk with Shinji on the apartment balcony and Rei learns to expresses herself through music. Wonderful stuff all of them, DA POWA of fanfiction.

Quote:
Ah, yea it would, huh? I suppose it would be easier if I just made up my own division for him to join, but I really can't think about what it would be. I'm decent at making characters, but I dunno about an entire division . It'd be great if he would get more interaction with the other OCs but Rogue Squadron seems kinda inactive atm . Plus I just don't want to toss him into RF6...it'd just seem like I was forcing my way into that bit of the story .

Oh, I already have the scene running around my mind for when Shamsel goes berserk . I just need the proper catalyst to set it off .
A rough suggestion for a catalyst then.

Spoiler for 5 more mins. of crack:

Pardon the flowery language since it suddenly came out.

Quote:

...Like, could you only teleport them to locations that are 'known' ? IS there something like a fog of war?
Probably. I would guess teleportation involves the coordinates at least like Fate's long recital to teleport to the garden of time in S1. Otherwise to get past the fog of war, random generalization by the device perhaps.

Quote:
Are you serious? What have this place done to you ?!

HE, just curtsied.
Hmm. Keroko might take an interest in Loki now. Given his newly minted status as a trap.

Quote:
Tee-hee, I like building up the mysteries before landing the bombshell.
More awesome Guardians to land the bomb then.

Quote:
She does have that charm, doesn't she?

Quote:
Mind sharing what you think she is?
Might be a little off from the initial and more complete view but the recent chapter did serve to complicate things nicely between her profile and the impression given through the rest of the story.

Leona is chained to a number of past events and her calm manner serves to hide the turmoil beneath. There is a hint of malice within her among a number other things I can't quite place yet. Need to refresh my impressions by reading GuardianS.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-12, 04:36   Link #18446
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
even more so with how 'protecting the mainland' was so oh-repeatedly mentioned, which gave the impression Mid-childa was their only responsibility.
Well, the Ground Force people we've seen in StrikerS are assigned to Mid. So it'd be obvious that their first concern is for that particular planet.

Quote:
Despite being the GF head-honcho, his projects and scale of operations is limited to Mid, and doesn't seem to encircle other parts of AWs.
I don't think Regius was the top head-honcho of GF. He was just a an Lt. General after all. According to the newscast in ep10, he's the Capital Defense Forces' Representative. Now, I'm proceeding on the assumption that he has some authority, hence he's the representative. I'd like to know what does the "Capital" cover, Cranagan City or the whole planet of Mid? He certainly has influence as the commander of GF's most important military district either way. Had the fiasco with Jail not happened, his next promotion might have been GF high command.

Quote:
the Ground Forces looks to be...really scattered with each GF branch probably managing themselves as their own command structure with Regius's main GF branch at the top.
Think about it, each AW is isolated across the dimensional sea. It'd make sense for each world's GF command to be able to take care of itself without being managed by Central.
I'd imagine GF's chain of command to be along the following lines: geographical district-> planetary -> overall command.

Quote:
We know little of Navy/Air Force, though looking at how the JS/BoD threat was handled, it doesn't seem to be fully centralized either.
One thing to remember is that Air Force needs ground bases too. So their structure should be simillar to GF's. The Navy is the tricky part. The dimensional sea should be such that the normal concept of "space" doesn't apply. Even so, it's possible that it has "sectors" that cover several worlds each and at least one responsible for operations beyond TSAB-controlled space.
Old 2008-01-12, 05:38   Link #18447
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I believe so: Fate and Accous are Agents, IIRC.

The way I've always approahced things is that Agents are like the US Army CID's Special Investigators: they have almost unlimited legal power and authority in chasing after their targets, but need to work within the system due to a lack of command authority...
Confusing, as Fate has been called an Enforcer as well in StrikerS.

Perhaps Enforcer is more of a title as oposed to a rank. In other words, Fate and Accous are both Enforcers with the rank of Agent.

Quote:

Coördinates seem to be a requirement, as Tormenk said. I'm not sure about the comparison between Sein's Deep Diver and teleports though. Arf's forcefull teleportation in S1 suggests that defensive abillities as a shield don't matter.

Quote:
Hmm. Keroko might take an interest in Loki now. Given his newly minted status as a trap.
Pfft, I'm with Chaos on this one. That kid doesn't even come close to a trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
One thing to remember is that Air Force needs ground bases too. So their structure should be simillar to GF's. The Navy is the tricky part. The dimensional sea should be such that the normal concept of "space" doesn't apply. Even so, it's possible that it has "sectors" that cover several worlds each and at least one responsible for operations beyond TSAB-controlled space.
I'm thinking that the Navy only has one central command, that being the command structure floating in the dimensional sea. The Navy's territory, so to say, would be the dimensional sea itself so they really only need one command structure.
Old 2008-01-12, 09:07   Link #18448
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Perhaps Enforcer is more of a title as oposed to a rank. In other words, Fate and Accous are both Enforcers with the rank of Agent.
My impression of Enforcers was that they're the SWAT deployed by the Navy, working together, while Agents are Uber-Enforcers... and of course, Enforcers pwn Ground Forces...

Quote:
I'm thinking that the Navy only has one central command, that being the command structure floating in the dimensional sea. The Navy's territory, so to say, would be the dimensional sea itself so they really only need one command structure.
I was thinking that the Navy's command structure is both centralised and decentralised. Fleet Command/High Command is based at that hugeass space station, which is the final Navy command authority, Then, they have zone commands. For example, the US Navy splits its forces between Atlantic Fleet and Pacific Fleet; the Pentagon houses the CNO and Department heads, Norfolk houses CINCLANT, Hawaii houses CINCPAC. Then within LANTFLT and PACFLT you have sub commands, such as 7th Fleet, etc etc.

Also, a curious thing: rank and influence are not the same. To give an example, Vice Admiral James "Ace" Lyons was a big proponent of special warfare during the 80s, and as head of the Navy's Operations and Planning Department, Lyons was able to put his mark on the Navy, wielding great influence - among other things, Lyons was instrumental in fighting for SEAL Team Six. Towards the end of the 80s, however, Lyons was promoted to be CINCPAC, where he commanded the entire Pacific Fleet... and had zero influence on the Navy, who quickly put a more conservative Admiral into his position, and began deemphasizing special warfare, a process that was halted by 9/11.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-12, 11:16   Link #18449
Aaron008R

Quote:
I aww'd.

I'm gonna go ahead and post a chunk of the final arc of Sorairo Days because the next part's gonna be quite big...

Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part One:
Nice. Nothing too eventful. But that part with Emili and Glen was GOLDEN!!! It's kinda frightening that Emili can switch between te two extremes of tsun and dere so quickly...

Quote:
Spoiler for Joint Training Pt.2: "Debrief":
Heh... Now the entire RF6 gets outdone...

Though separating Hydrogen and Oxygen from water is-

Quote:
A smite from the Divine Hammer of Inspiration? It's nothing short of brilliant, in any case.
Thanks.

Quote:
Though, admittedly, I have qualms making characters go ... "girlish", if you understand what I mean. Some (Caro, even Teana) could still remain there, but for those of the likes of Hayate, Nanoha, and Fate, giggling and the sort of stuff seems a bit strange for me. I don't really mind them when they were young, but doing that when you're about 25 doesn't sound right . Of course, that's just me. Tesla is an eternal teenager, so that's fine for me.
Well... I don't really find it too weird. Despite all you can see in the world, there are still some noticeable MOE women who are older than 21~22. If there are any bases to go by, I kinda follow Cecile Croomy's attitude from Code Geass. She's 24, and yet she still has her carefree moments like the whack-a-mole scene in episode 21. Since you've reminded me, I'll keep it in mind when I do even more character interactions for GuardianS. Though I hope that the first one with Hayate is alright with you...

Quote:
I most likely would be needing your help in this. Some things are going to be discussed at length, and a little catching up doesn't hurt.
Sure.

Quote:
You and I have some similar ideas, though I more or less made the Blaster system to have been improved over the five years of development. Recoil damage has been minimized significantly, but Nanoha wanted to test her own strength by increasing the number of Blaster Bits she could control at the same time (up to 6 and 10). A tad dangerous, but she's headstrong, so that's that. Of course, she's going to suffer some backlash, no matter how stabilized the Blaster system is.
Some scolding incoming...

Quote:
As for Fate, I was going to introduce some protective gears for her in Sonic form too. Still working on the ideas, though.
Will wait for them then.

Quote:
Franz: "Hayate, it is time that I taught you the Rifleman's Creed. You need a gun. Seriously. And a good combat knife, or two, or three..."

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-01-13 at 00:23.
Old 2008-01-12, 11:38   Link #18450
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quick backlog breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Hey All, well, I was working on the story, added a large ammount of explantion and expositon and some foreshaowding to something I wanted to expand on, if it hasn't been already done, the Selee like expansion of secret military projects.

Spoiler for Chapter 3, Theft!:
Seolla and Arado imported wholesale?!? And still kicking ass like they always do

Still, as suggested need to separate the narration and dialogue up, to make it easier to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
As promised, I'm ready to unleash my TRAP into the thread.

But first, a sneak peek WIP

Spoiler for WIP: "BRIDGET"!!!:
And Bridget finally joins the ranks of OC with her trapness... now wondering what'll happen if he ever meets up with Jun...

Quote:

*ahem*

Quote:
Have to answer some questions first...

@Lowegear and Eva Xgouki: I'm not entirely clear on this, it's best to ask Goose, but I can try: The 200th hour is the moment in a soldier's training or on a mission where he or she royally messes up really bad. It's a concept that pretty much says "you WILL fuck up" and, inevitably, you do. Even though it's not really your 200th hour of active service, it's the concept.

Everyone in the OFM has had their 200th hour at one point or another. Erick's 200th hour was getting his ass kicked by Aurion. Glen's was the first time he went berserk. Emili's occurred in one of the shorts I've wrote, Platinum Lucifer. I don't know Franz and Naomi's cause Goose hasn't told me about them.
Aaaah clears up alot of questions

Now that you've clarified it, it appears that everyone here in the OC who's served under the TSAB would've gone through the 200th hour eventually, no matter who they are.

hmmm....

*zips mouth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
Moving on, I was on a crack high (read: Red Bull + Vault + Chocolate) and thought of this trailer for my future epic:

What is this SUPREME EPICNESS?!?!?!

Nanoha's been helping everyone... now it's everyone's turn to help her. Will be looking forward to see how this goes

Slight nit though: S&W don't use honorifics. Smith calls her "Instructor", while Wes simply calls her "Nanoha"

Quote:
Tell me about it!

Our classes go by One student recites per period; which lasts 1.5 hours

I wonder how long it'll take for all of you to finish

Quote:
"Ash Like Snow!"

This is amazing, like Lowe pointed out the last time. Especially the random panda snipers! I'm actually inspired by this song enough to make it the BGM for an MTV providing a walkthrough of the life of the Rebuilt Vice!

"When I come for you yeah/Ash like snow will fall from you yeah."
Think that's AMAZING? Wait till you see the EPIC actual 00 OP for it:

Spoiler for Gundam 00 Opening Sequence 2 "Ash Like Snow":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

In one startling flash of crack inspiration, the Cleric-knights got booted down one generation, and another placed in between! Here's the latest list of Grade Meisters:

1st generation:

William Sanders: Setashi Belmond
Betty Sanders: Quoxite Gemsin
Charlie C. Lewis: Kruge Smokem
Kha: Alexander Rowell

2nd Generation:

Yui Hiro: Setsuna F. Seiei
??????: Lockon Stratos
??????: Allelujah Haptism
??????: Tiera Erde

3rd Generation:

Gimmy Milfuelle: Razr Darrel
Fye Rokker: Free Willy
Taiyo Aoisora: Albiirex Nigata
??????: *static*

New names and certainly never-b4-seen remixed Grades for them! Using Lowe's chop-shopping, I've created 4 new Grades and still working on 2 more. The 3rd gen's name is bec she only appears after StrikerS.

As for the 2nd gen, who do YOU think are the missing names? Be surprised, cos you must know 2 of them. I can't tell you if the 2 are CCs or OCs, otherwise it'll be a dead giveaway.
Nice list of the generations of Grade Meisters, though I don't recognize half of them

Quote:
Spoiler for Administrative System Yggdrasil:

(I'm seriously considering doing away with the Archons, save Rein Zwei and Nemu. They seem quite excessive to me and their presence weakens Rein's role.

Ahh.... Time to get the chainsaw.)
Oooh nice concept for the Tome there, Hayate just expanded her family twofold with the inclusion of the Archons and their own little world Though a family of chibi-Hayate's is

Quote:
A rough suggestion for a catalyst then.

Pardon the flowery language since it suddenly came out.
What the hell is happening here?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-12, 12:27   Link #18451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Probably. I would guess teleportation involves the coordinates at least like Fate's long recital to teleport to the garden of time in S1. Otherwise to get past the fog of war, random generalization by the device perhaps.
Quote:
Coördinates seem to be a requirement, as Tormenk said. I'm not sure about the comparison between Sein's Deep Diver and teleports though. Arf's forcefull teleportation in S1 suggests that defensive abillities as a shield don't matter.

What about space? I mean, could it also be limited to only empty areas? Makes sense doesn't it.

So in that case, other then coordinates, having a visble confirmation is also a must...

Quote:
Pfft, I'm with Chaos on this one. That kid doesn't even come close to a trap.
I just don't get how anyone could mistaken... *shake head*

Quote:

Quote:
My impression of Enforcers was that they're the SWAT deployed by the Navy, working together, while Agents are Uber-Enforcers... and of course, Enforcers pwn Ground Forces...
I'm slightly different, I thought Enforcers were like detectives or at least in-charge of field operations.

The 'SWAT', are the ones they call the 'armed bureau mages'. I'm almost certain Chrono used the term somewhere in the early stages of A's
Old 2008-01-12, 12:59   Link #18452
Tormenk

Quote:
And Bridget finally joins the ranks of OC with her trapness... now wondering what'll happen if he ever meets up with Jun...
Lots of trap bait.

Quote:
Aaaah clears up alot of questions

Now that you've clarified it, it appears that everyone here in the OC who's served under the TSAB would've gone through the 200th hour eventually, no matter who they are.

hmmm....

*zips mouth*
Interesting point. Nanoha's 200th would count as that incident I suppose.

Quote:

*wanted to savor it along with subs but watches anyway*

Best OP of the season anyone?

Now I'm pumped up for the next episode!

Quote:
What the hell is happening here?
Note to self: write something other people can understand next time.

Tying in to the catalyst for Shamsel's berserk trigger, Shamsel's group gets decimated yet again, this time by Katrina. Four and two representing the four men and two women in his unit, black and red being the colors for Rogue Squadron if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
What about space? I mean, could it also be limited to only empty areas? Makes sense doesn't it.

So in that case, other then coordinates, having a visble confirmation is also a must...
Space would be possible but I think you need something a ship's equipment for those kind of precise locations out in the middle of nowhere. The teleport coordinates in A's 12 was probably calculated by the Asura, following that requirement.

Well, on the other hand I'm thinking visualization of an area is good enough for teleportation in some cases.

Quote:
I'm slightly different, I thought Enforcers were like detectives or at least in-charge of field operations.

The 'SWAT', are the ones they call the 'armed bureau mages'. I'm almost certain Chrono used the term somewhere in the early stages of A's
To be honest, I have never really thought much about this kind of things. Hence why none of my OCs are in the TSAB.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-12, 13:05   Link #18453
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

Skyfall! When can we expect you to join officially? Where's your OC?!

The power of OC compels you!
The answer to that would be: not in any foreseeable future. I prefer to work with the original characters. I am just prowling lurking around this place
Old 2008-01-12, 13:07   Link #18454
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lots of trap bait.
And lots of men shall fall into despair once they realize T3H TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Interesting point. Nanoha's 200th would count as that incident I suppose.
Quite true

Wonder what Fate's 200th hour would be like?

Quote:
*wanted to savor it along with subs but watches anyway*

Best OP of the season anyone?

Now I'm pumped up for the next episode!

Quote:
Note to self: write something other people can understand next time.

Tying in to the catalyst for Shamsel's berserk trigger, Shamsel's group gets decimated yet again, this time by Katrina. Four and two representing the four men and two women in his unit, black and red being the colors for Rogue Squadron if I'm not mistaken.
Aaah yep, as I've been saying in regards to Shamsel, he never gets a break

Quote:
Well, on the other hand I'm thinking visualization of an area is good enough for teleportation in some cases.
Depends on how well you can visualize the area, and what exactly the teleported item does to the surrounding area... wouldn't want to get stuck in a tree you didn't think was there before

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-12, 14:01   Link #18455
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
(Original post edited to serve as archive of full chapter.)

Spoiler for Lyrical Melancholy Chapter 2:

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-02-14 at 02:53.
Old 2008-01-12, 14:49   Link #18456
Jimmy C

Quote:
Wonder what Fate's 200th hour would be like?
I think that would be MGLN ep11, when she became the first victim of the Starlight Breaker.

Quote:
Spoiler for Lyrical Melancholy Chapter 2 Part 1:
Question: Why is someone assigned to a squad that, if I recall correctly, works in the Infinite Library that is accessed from Main HQ, be living in a base on Mid? I would think their housing would be in the Main HQ instead.
Old 2008-01-12, 15:29   Link #18457
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
And thus Bridget ARRIVES!
*cue in [whatever occasion] music*

Quote:
Well I suppose it would depend on when he arrives. There's always bribing USB to do something with him in one of those holiday fics .
I need FSZ's premission, since i'm integrating those 2 OCs with his.

Quote:
Hmm, this can bide well for talk chapters. Small difference though, Mandy hardly shows emotion at all, and she always uses ruthless tactics. It's the brutal 'destroy the city' type tactics that she uses slightly less. For example, during A's Mandy would have just withdrawn her troops, fired the Arc-en-Ciel and be done with it.
Kyla has options to choose though...

More Hostiles = forced kidnapping/teleportation of neutrals before doing hell on the enemy

More Neutrals = infiltrate to bring torment to the enemy

Equal numbers = depends on what to do

Quote:
No wait, she would have helped Graham, actually. :3
Kyla would have argued- wait, she has argued with Graham over the idea of freezing somone.

It will be a ticking time bomb once you do that!!!

Little does Kyla know that in her deep hidden secret past- a past that is beyond any timeline- even before the Seiou, she was in a similar situation as Hayate. makes you wonder why she has such intelligence and wisdom- almost divine if you think of it

*runs*

Quote:
Bridget! and he's here! Lovely, the OC-thread needs more traps.
glad to be of fanservice

all we need now is a Reverse TRAP

is anyone willing to take the challenge- i know that i do... i have a pool of at least 2 of them

Quote:
Not sure, I have Jun a Barrier Jacket, and only a small device to materialize it.
If it were my way, Jun will have have Kyla's first device and will either cement his/her gender permanently.

*runs*

Quote:
Kyla: The Staff is already a spear if you look at it- a Terran Japanese Yari to be exact... maybe i can invite somone over to help her as well?

@Kha: It's Mrs. Y.H.

Quote:

*ahem*

Quote:

That is not enough... add more!!!

And also, i don't have the capability to do such epic trailers... for now

*runs*

Quote:
That is one thing that i did not compute... yet

but this may happen

Spoiler for TRAP vs TRAP:

*runs*

Quote:

hmmm....

*zips mouth*
Hmmm... 200th hour scenarios huh?

Kyla: when she singlehandedly took down 3 Mugan-B units in one hit

Others: still need to assess

Quote:
And lots of men shall fall into despair once they realize T3H TRUTH
*Sees dead and dying men*

DOES COMPUTE

Offtopic: can you PM me the full name of your newly promoted grandfather?

My sister is asking for the name for her AP assignment

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-01-12 at 15:53.
Old 2008-01-12, 19:53   Link #18458
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
YES. FOR THE LOVE OF [insert deity here], YES.

And here it is for those not yet enlightened.
Which is YOUR favorite rule?

Quote:
Rebuilt plans to at least guest-star everyone ever created, and I think that's kinda over-ambitious.
YAH, just a LITTLE...

Quote:
Oh no you don't, that's already fixed into place. I'm shipping Sophiayate incest-yuri.
That's not what I meant? What I meant was...

<pauses, think>

...what the hell did I mean?

Quote:
Aaah, Hamaji, isn't it ... i see her gender is being discussed here To answer that question (provided it is needed)
Spoiler for regarding Hamaji:
You're not supposed to TELL us!!

Quote:
Zomg! HAIL LORD IRON BALLS!!!
I AM THE PUMPKIN QUEEN!!

<breaks down laughing>

I'm sorry - that fic just had TOO MANY good one-liners...

Quote:
Nanoha is injured too, remember? :3 While she was allowed to train, Shamal did say she had to take it easy, I highly doupt she'd be flying dangerous missions during recovery time.
There's a difference there, though. Nanoha's magically restricted in what she can do, but she's not physically restricted like Keroko is. Keroko's actually IN the hospital, and can't make the trip to Gaelica. Nanoha, on the other hand, CAN, but she can't really do much in the way of magical stuffs - but I wasn't planning on her doing much in that way anyways...

There IS A new development in the story though, so tell me if this changes anything:

Originally, I had planned on LegendS taking place Late October-November of 0075, barely a month after the Cradle Showdown.

However, considering other timelines in play here (yours, Kha's, Aaron's, Satty's, and FlameSparkZ's), I have decided to bump back the timeline.

LegendS NOW takes place during December 0075-January 0076.

Furthermore, for reasons that will not become apparent until the story, the combat personnel of MD6 (Stars & Lightning Squads, Hayate, the Wolkies, Rein & Agito, and FlameSpark's Maren & the Minawas) will not arrive on Gaelica until near the halfway point in the story, and halfway in calendar time. So, they'll arrive maybe 5~6 days before Christmas. That gives them three months between the Cradle Showdown and leaving for Gaelica.

As stated before, IF this changes anything, let me know.

TO AARON, KHA, SATTY, and FLAMESPARKZ:

Please read the above comments to Keroko on the change in timeline - and let me know for the following characters if their status changes:

Kha der Kleriker: Unavailable due to Cradle Showdown; recovering

Sophia Alexei: Available

Artei: Available

Kaempfer: Unavailable due to Saint Church assignments

Allison Ford: Unavailable due to Saint Church assignments

Aurion Dauer: Available

Sky Squad of the 216th Battalion: Available

Maren: Available

Koji Minawa: Available

Yui Minawa: Available
Old 2008-01-12, 23:39   Link #18459
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Aurion doesn't use '-san' when addressing Nanoha or any other Ace.
But, it sure sounds EPIC!!!
Noted XD

Quote:
Actually I'm dying to get a new thread for us. Makes us look smaller and more welcoming. Then again, I can't exactly live without all the cheese we've grown.
This might not be such a bad idea. It would allow some of us who came in less than 200 pages ago to get all organized and stuff like, say, you and USB (Speaking of which, I haven't seen Hikki-kun around for a while...)

Quote:
Then we shall await his results. *coughcough*

At least I'm only going as far as 300 years ago, to the time of the Seiou, so no trouble making you-- I'm mean Yuuno's thesis fit.
Speaking of which, does anyone have a decently close date to how long Midchildans have been in space? Has is only been 150 years or so or longer than that?

Quote:
Epic indeed! Just a small note: Kha uses Nanoha-san, and "familyname"-san for everyone outside his circle. The only people free of his formality is his family.
*nodnod* I'll remember this.

Quote:
It's Hayate!

OH GOD REDEATH.

Quote:
Small twinge, Tesla doesn't adress Hayate with -san. Ever. She usually uses 'Hayate' sometimes 'Hayate-chan' and when on millitairy business her rank.
*nodnod* will ensure to keep things in line XD

Quote:
I'm using Mandy as a partial explanation for the monopoly of high-ranked mages, but even more so for his seemingly personal dislike for the navy. Regius seems the type that takes things far too personal.

Quote:
Awesome stuff here, even more by using THANATOS as the music.

Must have been high on Eva-induced crack, counting the number of heavy influences here.
There will be more as the story progresses. Basically imagine Nanoha as very Shinji-like in the first part of the story.

Quote:
Well yeah, Shinji becomes gar and a master player, Asuka gets drunk with Shinji on the apartment balcony and Rei learns to expresses herself through music. Wonderful stuff all of them, DA POWA of fanfiction.
Only Evafiction XD

Quote:
Pretty good for five minutes XD.

Quote:
Nice. Nothing too eventful. But that part with Emili and Glen was GOLDEN!!! It's kinda frightening that Emili can switch between the two extremes of tsun and dere so quickly...
that's really the idea. She's bit, well, extreme with them.

Quote:
That's really the idea. It's just the fact that you WILL screw up eventually. Everyone does it. XD

Quote:

What is this SUPREME EPICNESS?!?!?!

Nanoha's been helping everyone... now it's everyone's turn to help her. Will be looking forward to see how this goes

Slight nit though: S&W don't use honorifics. Smith calls her "Instructor", while Wes simply calls her "Nanoha"
Noted. In the case of Smith, however, I can make the excuse that it wouldn't flow with the dialogue of that scene XD.

Quote:

My god I need to catch up with Gundam 00 .

Quote:
This is why I don't like to write action.

Well, I liked it. So nyah.

Quote:
That is not enough... add more!!!

And also, i don't have the capability to do such epic trailers... for now

*runs*
lol actually, this isn't the final cast. If anything, I plan on adding more people later, more OCs. This story is going to be huge (I'm shooting for fifty-two chapters.)

There will be two more shorts by me; the end of Sorairo Days and a thing involving Glen and Id (No name yet; probably Tooku Made).

MSLNA is set to take place in MC0083, setting the Aces at 27 and everyone's favorite Vivio at the ripe mindfuck age of 14, I think. I need the Cadia's help in choosing an OP. I've narrowed it down to two options, presented below.

Spoiler for Option 1: Kakusei Heroism - The Hero Without A Name (AN Cafe):

Spoiler for Option 2: Cruel Angel Thesis SN Version (Shouko Nakagawa):

On a further note, I can't be the only one who correlates the UC timeline with the MC timeline, right? I keep expecting to see/read a fanfic taking place in MC0079...
Old 2008-01-13, 00:53   Link #18460
Aaron008R

Quote:
Quite honestly, I had trap-alarms blaring in my head the very moment I saw his face; no matter how girlish he appeared.

Quote:

hmmm....

*zips mouth*
Aurion sure did.

Quote:

Incredible OP!

Quote:
Oooh nice concept for the Tome there, Hayate just expanded her family twofold with the inclusion of the Archons and their own little world Though a family of chibi-Hayate's is
Cute to imagine.

Quote:
The answer to that would be: not in any foreseeable future. I prefer to work with the original characters. I am just prowling lurking around this place
Aw shucks.
Having a MOD in the community would have been extremely interesting.

Quote:
This is why I don't like to write action.

True to the profile, Reiz is quite excellent as a fighter. She handled the situation quite well. And I see there are some more developments incoming. Nice chapter.

When can we see Halley and May?

Quote:
That is one thing that i did not compute... yet

but this may happen

Spoiler for TRAP vs TRAP:

*runs*
Enemy? Nande?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Spoiler for le SIZE!:
Available.