AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-05, 09:28   Link #41
LKK

I never finished the manga, so I've been looking forward to when S2 reached material I haven't read. I don't remember any of the material from this episode. Yay! New Stuff At Last!!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 15:25   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Hiro can be a too blunt for his own good at times, but he does have a point when he brought up Tohru's father and her lack of mention of him. I never even thought of him up to this point.

It was nice to see Kyo could see that Tohru was still feeling a bit down after having her father brought up.

Rin did mention she was trying something regarding the curse, so I guess now she's turning to Shigure for help.
Old 2020-05-11, 16:48   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The ending last season pretty much cemented Kyo's role as the one person who understands Tohru's feelings. I haven't really thought much about what a closed personality she is, but this episode made it a prime issue. Then we have Yuuki saying he's getting ready to open up to Tohru about his past. If anyone is going to guide Tohru through coping with her sad and difficult past, my money is on Kyo. I don't know how much help he'll be if she asks him about Yuuki though. Perhaps that will help move the Yuuki/Ryo relationship along. I, for one, would like to see that, though I know it's an expression of their underlying Zodiac signs.

I'm embarrassed to admit it took me a while to see why Nezumi-Otoko ("Rat Man") and Neko-Musume ("Catchick" in CR's translation) have such an antagonistic relationship in GeGeGe no Kitarou. Still, their relationship, and that between Kyo and Yuuki, are so much more complicated than that relationship between, say, Tom and Jerry.

I thought this one of the better episodes. A lot of emotional material was presented here.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 18:42   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tohru's swimsuit felt like something a 10 year old would wear, but it did fit her well all things considered. Hiro still has a nasty mouth, but he did raise an interesting question. Until now, I assumed Tohru doesn't talk about her dad because she has no memories of him, but she seemed old enough in that flashback to remember him. Definitely something there, and I agree Kyo will most likely be the one to help her sort out her issues, Yuki is too absorbed with his own. It didn't seem like he noticed Tohru was forcing herself to be cheerful unlike Kyo, which is pretty telling.

They revealed Yuki is hat boy which was obvious, but I'm not sure much will come out of it. I mean, how is Tohru supposed to react beyond a "wow, it's amazing we managed to meet back up after all these years"?

Who was the woman with Hatori? I don't remember her. Good thing Shigure closed the curtain. Shigure is always hard to read when Akito is involved, he seems to both love and hate her.
Old 2020-05-11, 20:44   Link #45
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its off to a beach vacation and Yuki still knows how to push Kyou buttons but as for Tooru really good at holding her breath

Just have know idea whats going on in the Souma house anymore
Old 2020-05-11, 22:50   Link #46
Frontier

Kisa has Hiro practically wrapped around her finger .

Rin shows up at Shigure's and seems to be practically propositioning him, likely involving the curse. Would Shigure make do with a sexy young woman desperate for answers and fresh off a breakup? And then there's his relationship with Akito .

Tohru in a swimsuit! Haru had it right .

You really see how protective of Tohru Kyo is, coming to her aid when he immediately realizes she can't breather underwater and is panic-swimming, or when he's the one who openly sees through her cheerful act. He's a really sweet guy .

Hiro is way too blunt and biting with his comments, and he runs his mouth when he's annoyed at anyone hogging Kisa, but he did kind of hit the nail on the head that Tohru never brings up her dad and seems almost obsessed with Kyoko. Just the fact that bringing it up was enough to really bring her down and make her have to force her usual cheerfulness shows that it's a deep emotional issue for Tohru .

We get a better sense of how much Akito emotionally broke down Yuki when he was a kid, and that informs something Yuki wants to eventually tell Tohru. He was also apparently the boy who saved her when they were kids .

Ugh. Akito demands complete subservience and emotional loyalty from the zodiac but doesn't give any of it back in return .

Hatori with a new lady love? Either way, probably smart not to show Akito Hatori getting along well with a woman .

Shigure leading Akito to the beach house to shake things up? This won't end well .
Old 2020-05-11, 23:11   Link #47
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Oh Tohru.... I've loved you for all of these years(look at username), and yet I never knew of this darkness so deep inside your heart !!! I'm SO sorry!

I do feel that Yuki dropped the 8-ball in not noticing Tohru's feelings while Kyo did, but then again, Kyo has already passed his past issues, so its not surprising he'd have the ability to fully focus on any psychological issues Tohru might have. That's not to say that, even if he didn't pass his past issues, he'd not be able to pick up on her feelings. I think that's just one of Kyo's strengths as a character. IIRC, even Yuki himself speaks about this way back in the beginning of the first season; Kyo's able to speak on his feelings when he needs to; even more so now that his past burdens have been lifted.

The Shigure thing tho... can never tell what that guy is thinking. I DO know I'm getting a sinister feeling from him, especially when he's not in the general Sohma eye.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 00:27   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This season needs some Hiro & Kisa, stat.
As if on queue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I do feel that Yuki dropped the 8-ball in not noticing Tohru's feelings while Kyo did, but then again, Kyo has already passed his past issues, so its not surprising he'd have the ability to fully focus on any psychological issues Tohru might have. That's not to say that, even if he didn't pass his past issues, he'd not be able to pick up on her feelings. I think that's just one of Kyo's strengths as a character. IIRC, even Yuki himself speaks about this way back in the beginning of the first season; Kyo's able to speak on his feelings when he needs to; even more so now that his past burdens have been lifted.
Yuki's fundamental narcissism just won't allow him to process what doesn't directly involve him.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 00:53   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The problem with Yuki is that, in as much as he tried to get away from Akito, he has within him the same Akito that he wishes to escape from.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 15:37   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yuki's fundamental narcissism just won't allow him to process what doesn't directly involve him.
Yeah, this plays into his dynamic with Kyo a little too.
Old 2020-05-18, 17:03   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yuki got a big scene at the end of the episode, which to me was completely overshadowed by Kyo's scene earlier. Kyo really gets Tohru, while Yuki never got a single clue in this ep and the previous one.

Akito is there to stir shit up. Kisa is so precious, because more worried about what Akito might do to Tohru rather than herself. She and Tohru are very similar. Hiro is a lot like Kyo too now that I think about it.
Old 2020-05-18, 20:42   Link #52
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well using your fist to break a watermelon that a new one but Shigure kind of a dick stirring things up and making things really uncomfortable for everyone else
Old 2020-05-18, 22:42   Link #53
Frontier

Hiro's going to be a big brother! Good for him. And it doesn't seem like it's going to end in a Momiji situation .

Hiro's mom is officially the best zodiac mom. In a situation where the parents shun, use, abandon, or have emotional difficulty processing their kids for their status as part of the zodiac, it's great to see one who completely accepts and loves their child in-spite of that .

Haru is so extra. He's like this super-zen guy but he also does the most random and unnecessary things. I can only imagine what he was like with Rin when they were dating .

Kyo is always there to see through Tohru's peppiness and excessive care around others to find what's really bothering her. While Tohru is always there to listen to and support others, Kyo is there to listen to and support Tohru .

Poor Tohru's dad got his altar accidentally smashed by his wife because they thought smashing watermelons indoors was a good idea. Oh Kyoko .

I guess one benefit to being The Cat is that you don't have to deal with Akito anymore then you'd like to .

Hiro and Kisa walking hand-in-hand was so adorable (just don't let Akito see it) .

So Kureno is one of Akito's "favorites" (although Akito seems to regard Shigure on a different level) and is isolated from the rest of the Sohma's. Kind of wonder what his deal is .

I guess there's something to be said for Shigure that, even if he's manipulating people for his own ends and potentially causing more emotional harm to the other Sohma's without any regard for them, at least he's doing something. Which I guess just goes to show how desperate things are for the Sohma's .

Yeah, Akito's the kind of love where it's all take and no give, or at least whatever he gives is basically emotional trauma to force you to never leave him. But that's not real love .

The way they were building that scene at the beach made me think we were building up to a love confession, but Yuki instead realizes just how dear and precious Tohru is to him, and how she saved him even when they were children. And how meeting Akito makes him worried that he'll lose her .

Sounds like Rin is going to show up next week to shake things up .
Old 2020-05-19, 00:54   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yuki got a big scene at the end of the episode, which to me was completely overshadowed by Kyo's scene earlier. Kyo really gets Tohru, while Yuki never got a single clue in this ep and the previous one.
Well said. And this, in the end, is why Yuki is more alone and an outsider than the cat, despite appearances.
Old 2020-05-19, 20:29   Link #55
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, for all the build up to Yuki's scene, Kyo's smaller one was more effective.
Old 2020-05-19, 22:31   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point I'm willing to defend the assertion that Shigure might be Yuichi Nakamura's best performance to date.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 03:04   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Udon no Kuni for me, not even close.
Old 2020-05-20, 20:16   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At this point I'm willing to defend the assertion that Shigure might be Yuichi Nakamura's best performance to date.
Nakamura was definitely the perfect choice for Shigure .
Old 2020-05-24, 04:17   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 1:

a little late in starting this. Feels refreshing having a high school shoujo romance again in my currently watching anime.

Yuki finds it easier to smile because he has Tohru. Poor sempai she has no chance.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 05:37   Link #60
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2:

Tohru worrying about the future..

Kyou is lucky to have Tohru and also a kind teacher. I hope he overcome the curse someday, and inherit the dojo.

another enjoyable episode. This is pretty much the only reverse harem anime that I could finish from beginning to end.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote