AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 19:01   Link #1
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Arrow (CW)

This show has gotten too awesome since the beginning of the second season. League of Assassins, Bronze Tiger, Amanda Waller and A.R.G.U.S., Professor Ivo, Brother Blood, Miraclo (or Miracle/Mirakuru, whatever they're calling it), and of curse last night's episode had the origin of the Flash (which made the collective DC nerds around the internet squeal), the origin of Solomon Grundy (fucking ace), the origin of Green Arrow's mask (yes, his mask gets an origin), and

Spoiler:

I like how they've slowly progressed everything, showing Ollie go from vigilante to hero, slowly developing the League of Assassins, and even setting up Grundy like they did. Not to mention introducing superpowers in the first place. This show is everything you can ask for in a DC show. Grant Gustin is an awesome Barry Allen, and I love how close they kept his origin to the comics. Can't wait to see his show next year.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:59   Link #2
Samari
World's Greatest

I've watched every episode. It's my favorite show on television right now. DC is actually doing something well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 20:03   Link #3
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Definitely the best thing DC has going for it right now. Hopefully that extends to Flash and the rest of the TV universe they're building.

For the record, they have Hourman, iZOMBIE, Avenger, and Young Justice live action shows in the works right now for the CW, in addition to the Flash show. Good times. Arrow has also hinted at Blue Beetle and The Question is rumored to be appearing this season, so wouldn't be surprised if those two got shows as well if they prove to be popular.
Old 2013-12-12, 20:15   Link #4
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

absolutely stellar show. i'm almost never let down by it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 03:28   Link #5
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
the origin of Green Arrow's mask (yes, his mask gets an origin)
I like the explanation they gave for him not using a mask initially, but I'm not an archer. It'd be nice if it's true for real life, though.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 05:41   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I was wondering when somebody was going to make a thread here for this awesome show.

This show has been full of easter eggs and cameos for big superhero fans like me. Of course the show itself is dang awesome too.

Malcolm Merlyn also gets points for being one of the few supervillains ever to succeed in their plans, through simple redundancy. Always back up your plans.

And I'm not afraid to admit that I was almost one of those squealing DC nerds on Wednesday night at the end of the episode. But then, I've been near-squealing ever since Slade Wilson first appeared back in season 1.
Old 2013-12-13, 11:23   Link #7
Xagzan

Crixus, Naevia, and soon to be Mira are all on this show. Creators must be big Spartacus fans.

And of course, Manu is killing it as Slade. Especially with the reveal this past episode.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 11:39   Link #8
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

naevia is on the show? where? i must have missed her

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 13:34   Link #9
Xagzan

2nd Naevia. She appeared in one scene as Amanda Waller.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 15:36   Link #10
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

been watching since past few days, totally hooked on the series. even though it's a television series it seems a good of money is spent on it, it's shooting,effects and action is as good as that of a movie's.
watching season 1 right now
Old 2013-12-24, 09:54   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The show looks good.

I got a question. So why is the show not call/everyone not calling him Green Arrow?
Old 2013-12-24, 10:53   Link #12
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

They're building up to that.
Old 2013-12-24, 11:39   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I see. There was a rumor that the TV executives didn't want the show to be called Green Arrow due to Green Lantern and Green Hornet failing at the box office and they fear the word "Green" might make the show unpopular due to the two movies mentioned.
Old 2014-01-16, 08:00   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh.

Shi-

Spoiler for Next week:
Old 2014-01-16, 12:58   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

saw the latest episode, barry is still in coma, can't wait for the entry of The Flash.
Old 2014-01-16, 13:20   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I heard they might bring Nightwing in the series.
Old 2014-01-16, 14:44   Link #17
GDB

If they do, I'll start watching it. Wasn't overly impressed by the 2 episodes I've seen thus far. It wasn't bad, but wasn't anything that made me really want to watch either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 01:28   Link #18
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It builds up, but you do need to be watching from the start.

Also Manu Bennet is owning the role of slade. all of my yes.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 08:42   Link #19
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It builds up, but you do need to be watching from the start.
It's a super hero series. It should be relatively episodic. Otherwise, it will only lose viewers and end up canceled.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 10:43   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's a super hero series. It should be relatively episodic. Otherwise, it will only lose viewers and end up canceled.
You don't watch many CW/teen shows do you? The trend is long story arcs mixed with a few one-off episodes (realistically, this has been a template for most sci-fi/fantasy shows, no matter teen or adult, since X-Files hit the air). Arrow is comparable to Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a slew of other teen dramas all with central ever increasingly convoluted storylines mixed with decent character arcs and a few one-off episodes (honestly, I just described shows like Lost, Heroes, Once Upon a Time, Revolution, Walking Dead or any of the other "adult" fantasy series, the only difference is the age of the characters). In terms of ratings, it has hit the sweet spot for these types of shows (around 2.5 million regular and DVR viewers and another 3-6 million online viewers) and will stay on the air for however long the actors/producers/writers wish for it to be around.

As for whether or not you would like the show, well, it is a very good superhero show about a vigilante who struggles to become a hero whilst vanquishing his own demons, mixed with decent soap opera drama. The fact that it has some good choreography is a plus, and the acting is always competent to above average (as is the dialogue and writing). It also has very good world building with an eye for slowly incorporating the larger DC universe into its storylines.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green arrow, the cw